What do you think happens after death to people who commit suicide?

Not from my perspective. I've tried to talk to people about this before. All of them have completely dismissed everything I felt and thought. Much like what's happening here.

I hardly think agreeing with your particular feelings about your situation is the same as dismissing what you feel/think.

I realize the mind-parasite in your head (whether this is real or metaphorical I think it fits) needs the world to hate you but no one here has done that AFAICTell. Remiel actually asked you for greater specifics multiple times.

A lot of my issues are physical. If I got a new life and a new body, I'd be fine. So they can go ahead and reincarnate me. I'd like to forget this life ever happened anyway.

I hear you, I really do. I had a stroke some years ago, and I now think that I'd like to start again in a way. I went from airline captain to a disabled guy who couldn't speak properly.

I really think that we all are here to grow. I don't know, but I am inclined to 'believe' that Jurgen is right. If we give up in this life, the hurdle will still be there. Deal with things the best that you are able now, as it will only be 'putting it on the long finger' if you don't.

Who knows for sure? I wish you all the best, no matter what you decide. I would like to know your first name. Mine is Steve.

I had a family member who committed "suicide" one of the hardest thing to process, granted I wasn't born yet, but it was still family. I wonder what does happen

I consider this thread each day, and every time I have different ideas. (I haven't bothered to post all of them). For me the problem is that everything is interrelated, it isn't possible to consider a simple question and give a simple answer.

For example today's thought is on a book I am re-reading,
John Geiger's The Third Man Factor: Surviving the Impossible
Though the premise of the book is to consider certain types of mysterious phenomena, in so doing the author recounts many harrowing true stories of people battling for survival when in desperate circumstances - for example drifting on the ocean for weeks, miles from land and without food or water. I don't cease to be amazed on reading how people manage to cling to life when all hope is seemingly lost.

Admittedly this is a huge tangent from the original topic of this thread, but as I said, for me all things are interlinked, it makes even less sense to me to try to narrow the focus too much.

While I'm here, yesterday's thought on this question was to search youtube for NDE accounts relating to suicide . I hesitate to suggest any particular video, better to sample multiple different accounts (always bearing in mind that occasionally such videos are vehicles for selling some religious dogma or other).

For example today's thought is on a book I am re-reading,
John Geiger's The Third Man Factor: Surviving the Impossible
Though the premise of the book is to consider certain types of mysterious phenomena, in so doing the author recounts many harrowing true stories of people battling for survival when in desperate circumstances - for example drifting on the ocean for weeks, miles from land and without food or water. I don't cease to be amazed on reading how people manage to cling to life when all hope is seemingly lost.

Admittedly this is a huge tangent from the original topic of this thread, but as I said, for me all things are interlinked, it makes even less sense to me to try to narrow the focus too much.

Reminds me of the "helper", the spectral or possibly wholly physical being who appears when one is in trouble. This in turn makes me recall the magickal act of calling one's Holy Guardian Angel, which is possibly an appointed spirit, an ancestor, or one's best Self.

If I were ever again in a place where I was seriously considering suicide, I would call on my HGA.

There is just too much danger in casting one's soul forcibly out of this physical space - or for that matter another soul, which is (one reason) why I'm against the death penalty.

I hear you, I really do. I had a stroke some years ago, and I now think that I'd like to start again in a way. I went from airline captain to a disabled guy who couldn't speak properly.

I really think that we all are here to grow. I don't know, but I am inclined to 'believe' that Jurgen is right. If we give up in this life, the hurdle will still be there. Deal with things the best that you are able now, as it will only be 'putting it on the long finger' if you don't.

Who knows for sure? I wish you all the best, no matter what you decide. I would like to know your first name. Mine is Steve.
I apologize, but I'm not comfortable sharing my name. I hope it's enough for me to say that I do appreciate your concern and the sentiment that motivated you to ask for my name.

Two related interviews of clinical psychologist Dr. Joseph Gallenberger about the suicide of (and ultimate contact from) his beloved older brother:

Grief's Dark Cocoon with Joseph Gallenberger

Joseph Gallenberger, PhD, is a clinical psychologist. He is author of Inner Vegas: Creating Abundance, Miracles, and Health and Liquid Luck: The Good Fortune Handbook. His most recent book is Heaven is for Healing: A Soul's Journey After Suicide. He is a senior trainer with the Monroe Institute near Charlottesville, Virginia.

Here he shares his personal journey following the suicide of his older brother, Pete. He points out that his extensive background in both psychological and spiritual work provided surprisingly little help in coping with the pain occasioned by his loss. The grieving process required many years. However, the metaphor of a cocoon is apt insofar as grief and death can, ultimately, lead to transformative openings.

A Soul's Journey After Suicide with Joseph Gallenberger

Here he describes insights he gained, concerning the afterlife, during the past quarter-century since his brother's suicide. These insights were derived from his work with the Monroe Institute Gateway program, from his explorations involving the channeler Pam Hogan, and from a variety of experiences he interprets as direct contact. He maintains that opportunities for personal and spiritual growth exist for all in the afterlife.

Doug

Back