Woo, what is it...

steve001

... good for and what does it look like. Over at the International Skeptics Forum there is a multi-page thread started by a fellow named Kyoon, likely real name Matt Marriott aka the Last Prophet. Gabriel I think it was asked what is it, there are many forms it can take, this is one of them.
Kyoon's Theories Regarding the Illuminati and Other Subjects: Part III
http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311962

Last edited:
... good for and what does it look like. Over at the International Skeptics Forum there is a multi-page thread started by a fellow named Kyoon, likely real name Matt Marriott aka the Last Prophet. Gabriel I think it was asked what is it, there are many forms it can take, this is one of them.
Kyoon's Theories Regarding the Illuminati and Other Subjects: Part III
http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311962
People trading internet memes and slap downs is always depressing. It's truth as a popularity contest.

People trading internet memes and slap downs is always depressing. It's truth as a popularity contest.
Have you read any of it and stuff by the Last Prophet? The thread could very well be an example of a mentality disturbed person, it's hard to say. But whatever it is it is an example.

Have you read any of it and stuff by the Last Prophet? The thread could very well be an example of a mentality disturbed person, it's hard to say. But whatever it is it is an example.
I read all the thread at the time you first posted it. It appeared to centre around one person's take on conspiracy theories. I'm the wrong person to be commenting on those, my BS-o-Meter cuts in too early to go with the riff. You don't need an Illuminati, Area 51, or men stroking white cats in underground bunkers to explain why things go tits up. I'm on board with Occam's nasal hair trimmer for that stuff.

The style of discussion was the depressing part, people re-posting their favourite putdown fit the skeptic modus operandi perfectly. It didn't feel like a happy smiley place, more like an antechamber of hell from a distressing NDE.

I read all the thread at the time you first posted it. It appeared to centre around one person's take on conspiracy theories. I'm the wrong person to be commenting on those, my BS-o-Meter cuts in too early to go with the riff. You don't need an Illuminati, Area 51, or men stroking white cats in underground bunkers to explain why things go tits up. I'm on board with Occam's nasal hair trimmer for that stuff.

The style of discussion was the depressing part, people re-posting their favourite putdown fit the skeptic modus operandi perfectly. It didn't feel like a happy smiley place, more like an antechamber of hell from a distressing NDE.
Regardless if it's one person or many the posts by that person is an example. Now you know what it looks like.
Kyoon came there of his own volition spilling his nonsense about the Illuminati controlling everything. He knew what was going to happen. Not once has he recognized he is wrong, instead of being wrong he says the Illuminati changed the script. He thinks Patrick Stewart is the head Illuminati, that Michelle Obama is a tranvestite. I forget what he said about Joan Rivers, but it is just as absurd. As far as I can tell he's been making outlandish predictions since the late 1990's

Last edited:

I think a lot of "skepticism" is driven by the need for an unearned sense of intellectual superiority. See the "bright" slogan.

Of course when you ask "Why should I take your claims about scientific knowledge seriously?" you get the tantrums, the false accusations of intellectual snobbery, and the other kind of stuff you expect when internet tough guys are deflated.

How about this "why"? Why, because if measured against all human inventions for acquiring knowledge science has proven itself time and again.

To quote the infamous Steve001:

"...you won't understand what I wrote. Reading again what is above you understand so little. Please do not ask me to explain, I'll leave it up to you to see where you are wrong."

How about this "why"? Why, because if measured against all human inventions for acquiring knowledge science has proven itself time and again.
Most practical inventions are a branch of engineering. Is that science? Maybe, maybe not. If engineering is science, is architecture? If so, is art?

Back