188. Dr. Kirby Surprise, Synchronicity is Real

Alex

Administrator
188. Dr. Kirby Surprise, Synchronicity is Real
by Alex Tsakiris | Oct 9 | Parapsychology | 0 comments
Share108
Tweet
108SHARES
Interviews with psychologist and author and Dr. Kirby Surprise explores whether or not synchronicity is real.
Join Skeptiko host Alex Tsakiris and guest host Robert Perry for an interview with Dr. Kirby Surprise, author of Synchronicity: The Art of Coincidence, Choice, and Unlocking Your Mind. During the interview Surprise discusses how synchronicity relates to other paranormal experiences:
Alex Tsakiris: Is there ever a reality to a synchronistic event beyond my personal internal psychodrama interpretation of it?
And that also bridges us into the other transformative realities of near-death experience or out-of-body experience or other transformative experiences, is there a parallel? Is there a reality to any of those?
Dr. Kirby Surprise: Synchronistic events are objectively real. Absolutely 100% real. But they’re a mirror. So when I say that what you’re seeing is subjective, I’m not saying that these are parlor tricks the brain does on you. I’m saying that both your psychodynamic projections and the mirroring effect are real and they’re external. They are actually out there and you are actually changing the environment that you’re in by 3% to 6%.
And the book is about a reasonable explanation, an expository fiction on how that’s possible. Now the easiest way to prove that people are the source of synchronistic events rather than another supernatural source is very simple. You create them yourself. Everybody does this all the time. This is not a specialty skill. Every single living human being is walking around in clouds of synchronistic events they themselves generate. Those events are changing the environment slightly to bring them the patterns they’re seeking.
Now the sort of Flat Earth explanation to this is that we’re changing the environment. The reality is we’re moving through probabilities. String theory is telling us we’re sitting in a virtually infinite amount of alternatives right now. I’m saying that instead of people thinking that we’re jumping between universes we already span an infinite amount of these probabilities at once. We’re moving through them and we’re steering through them by what we’re thinking, feeling, and paying attention to.
These things like out-of-body experiences and the more paranormal stuff I don’t look at as paranormal. I look at it as extremely normal. And I think that slowly the verifiable part of the science is gradually catching up to what our mystic, Shamanic, ancestors already knew. It’s all science. Metaphysics is physics. It’s an extension of it. The modern part of science is that there are some things we can verify and some things we take a best guess at. The thing about synchronicity being a mirror is it’s easy to verify, you know? You go out and create your own.
Kirby Surprise’s Website
Robert Perry’s Bolg Post Re This Interview

Alex,

I am puzzled - the sequence number 188 is way out of line with recent podcasts. Also Kirby's website seems to be dead :(.

David

sam wanted to comment but there was no thread so I created. yr right about date/sequence... I wonder if there is a way to change?

I liked that interview, and somehow the idea that synchronicity may be the visible portion of us 'creating the world' is fascinating. I hope there will be lots of discussion about this idea.

My frustration right now is that this interview is positioned way down the podcast list, so it will very easily be lost. I had to find it this morning using the Search button - all it takes is one person to post on the Lance Mungia thread and it just vanishes!
yr right about date/sequence... I wonder if there is a way to change?

I guess the best thing might be to re-introduce this podcast as number 435. It is far too good to just get lost!

David

OK - I have fixed this problem, so hopefully plenty of people will listen to this fascinating podcast and respond!

David

I liked that interview, and somehow the idea that synchronicity may be the visible portion of us 'creating the world' is fascinating. I hope there will be lots of discussion about this idea.

My frustration right now is that this interview is positioned way down the podcast list, so it will very easily be lost. I had to find it this morning using the Search button - all it takes is one person to post on the Lance Mungia thread and it just vanishes!

I guess the best thing might be to re-introduce this podcast as number 435. It is far too good to just get lost!

David
Agree. I want in my current feed and not to have to go hunting.

Agree. I want in my current feed and not to have to go hunting.
Anyway that aside, I wonder if you feel your Synchronicity experiences could fit his model. It seems a bit bare to me - these events just track our minds, and yet they are real, in the sense that others could observe them too.

David

This gentleman was quite interesting. I too, believe that synchronicities are opening in the "matrix". Very interesting topic. thanks alex.

Thanks for creating the thread, Alex. Apologies I was unable to jump right in but an unexpected event sidetracked my ability to post and a secondary event (a trip outside the US) has me consumed at the moment. I have taken extensive notes while listening to both Skeptiko 178 with Robert Perry, author of Signs and Skeptiko 188 with Dr. Surprise within which Robert Perry also participated.

There are so many different thought trails I want to open up and my goal is to be "on it" no later than early next week.

Last edited:
Anyway that aside, I wonder if you feel your Synchronicity experiences could fit his model. It seems a bit bare to me - these events just track our minds, and yet they are real, in the sense that others could observe them too.

David
I will have to listen to the show again. I am being deluged with clock synchronicities at the moment - ever since the McGregor’s show.

I don’t agree with Surprise that we create these events ourselves entirely. I think we participate and in so doing enact what is necessary for the synchronisation event to happen. That is, we have to cooperate - co-create.

Okay I just listened to the point where Surprise says this is brain stuff. I am done. It isn’t. There is a deeper level of consciousness at work - our own and other too. I have quit listening because I really don’t have the time to waste listening to another pointless claim all this comes from the brain. That’s not a theory based on observation but on based on a presumption that there is no alternative explanation. That’s not science. That’s secular theology.

Probably for 6 of the past 7 days I have picked up my phone at 11:11. It maybe be 7 of 7 but I quit counting because I have runs like this often. Sometimes I will be doing something that involves picking up my phone - make a call, check my diary, check bush fire report and its 11:11. Other times I get a sudden impulse to grab my phone - like sense of sudden urgency. If I actually do try to be aware of 11:11 it does not happen, I always get distracted - even if I check in at 11:10.

So what’s this to my brain? What need is served?

Since the McGregor show I have become acutely aware of number patterns, so I am not just getting 11:11. Last Thursday I recorded 11:11, 22:11, and then 22:44. I didn’t get 23:11 - just multiples of 11.

I still have no personal theory of synchronicities. I don’t allow that my brain can control machines or unconsciously deliberately processes massive calculations of probability to place me in front of a power machine at exactly the right time. I see, rather, a spiritual drama being externalised. Something is going on at a deeper level and it is expressing in the physical world via what we call synchronicities.

I have always had a deep sense of timing. I once told my partner I would be home at 6;30. I lived in Lismore in northern NSW at the time and I was in Armidale, about 4 hours drive away, between jobs. I completely forgot about the timing because it was just meant to give her a vague idea to keep her happy. I had been on the road for 3 days. When I pulled into the garage I glanced at the car clock and saw it change to 6:30. That was the most precise I have ever been, but its typical.

I do things when it feels right. If I don’t, things become complicated and problematic. When I do, things flow well. So with my time sense it is no wonder I get all this clock stuff. Actually I just realised this because I haven’t bothered reflecting on my time sensitivity.

But I also have had other weird experiences. I used to play games a lot. As a pool player I used to have way more ‘lucky’ shots than others. One, on a snooker table, I made a theatrical act of praying, pointed the white ball at a point on the cushion that felt right and hit it. it bounced off the cushions maybe half a dozen times, struck and sank my ball. I collected $34 in winnings. That was my best, of many. Ditto darts and cards. I once played poker in a hut in the Mt Field National Park in Tasmania and had no less than 2 aces every hand for over 50 hands - but never 4 aces.

My point is that synchronicities come in many forms. It is not the odd bit of luck, but clusters that may happen once intensely along with other things. I went to a pub one Friday night when I was pretty broke. I bought tickets in 5 raffles and won 4 chooks, and one plate of seafood. I won the darts comp [the only one I ever won had to be that night] and got a leg of lamb. I won the darts comp with really flukes throws. The walk home was quite difficult.

I don’t do games much these days so what used to be commonplace isn’t anymore. Synchronicities have to play out in your life, so you have to do stuff that gives them a chance. This year has been an extraordinary one for me. I have had remarkable success at work. Many things have been well timed. Stuff has just worked. The right things have happened at the right time.

I can’t take personal credit for what has happened, other than saying at least I let it happen. I cooperated. This isn’t brain stuff. Our brains are amazing, but they aren’t that good. This is spirit stuff going on.

I think the synchronicity theme is a valuable one that we can draw more out of. But I wouldn’t reprise Surpise.

I have told a few personal stories here in the hope that some readers might recognise that they have synchronicity in their lives as well. I think the McGregors have a better sense of what is going on.

Regarding the three Skeptiko guests (that I have encountered) where synchronicity is the focus, Robert Perry, Dr. Kirby Surprise and Trish and Rob MacGregor, and throw in a few shows (that I have encountered) where synchronicity has been touched on (Grant Cameron for example), for me, the contributions made by Dr. Surprise have merit. And I say that based on my own extensive experience with the phenomena. I avoided getting turned off by his dive into "brain science." I also have the ability to understand, based on what he has shared in his book as well as in other interviews, why he has drawn some of the conclusions he has drawn where he makes statements such as - "the universe is inherently meaningless... it's just a bunch of energy systems. Meaning is something human beings give it."

I am able to accept that this was his opinion (and may still be) but that's all it is. Though I want there to be meaning, and though I would promote to another the benefit of finding meaning in their life, meaning for their life, meaning for the life experience, doesn't make me right and him wrong. Maybe the meaning he wishes to create for himself is meaninglessness.

But saying that I chose a different view doesn't cause me to conclude that some of the other ideas and opinions he shared are worthless. Understand, he treats people with serious issues related to things like schizophrenia. And I have experience with the same things that are symptomatic to schizophrenics... that being the experience of mind blowing synchronicities. And so I can see a serious benefit in learning that I can actually create synchronicities (and I have proven this to myself well enough) and thus, perhaps, some of... maybe all of the synchronicities I have experienced arise in conjunction with something deeply meaningful to me personally and not "signs from God." Of course, there could be far more to it... like BOTH, if there even be such a thing as some "third party God thingie" whatching over us all (or at least me!) But the point I am making is that my own experience led me to the truth (after years of thinking otherwise and to my own peril), that I can create these very synchronicities... and the messages that are suggested do not necessarily have to be true.

In fact, (and I can only speak for myself), I discovered that regarding the most profound synchronicity experiences, by looking deeply into them, I discovered the deeper motivational components of my own being as I live a life experience. And, in my case, much of this is dark stuff like... narcissism, megalomania, savior complex, the ability to lie pathologically, perhaps some sociopathy, etc. You might think I am kidding, but understand, I am 62 years old now... perhaps that I have survived this long and perhaps because I am able to share what I just wrote, tells you these things have been reasonably identified and dealt with. And why this fits into this particular episode is that Dr. Kirby Surprise is a strong proponent that this form of functionality within the greater reality experience acts like a mirror. In my case, it has.

In addition, in my case, there have been times where I can state with 100% honesty, I interpreted a synchronicity to means something where I acted upon that conclusion which led to some amazingly good results. But also! There have been times I did so and the results were almost deadly. So how does one know which synchronicities are mirrors of our own personal being (and thus, if handled healthily, could result in a being making personal changes at the deepest levels of their individuated being or, and in part because of the sheer impossibility of the timing and content of a synchronicity (especially synchronicity strings) are messages from something one might "think" is external to them... something like "God" as only God could possibly perform such an arrangement? And thus it must be a message, yes?

So for me, its impossible to know which may be which, which may be a combination of the two, which may be utter, pure coincidence, or something else I have yet to consider... maybe I will never know! Can I handle that? Can I remain open minded to the point this one life fizzles out? Anyways, I drifted.

Surprise points out one of the functions of the phenomena is "as a mirror" and what I think bugs people is that he seems pretty adamant that is the only function. But I a dive into more of his material and interviews reveals he has struggled with depression and he has engaged in all sorts of "shamanic plant" type journeys, psychedelics, etc. and having had some of the same foundational experiences as he has shared about himself, I can see why he would conclude as he has because it is possible that if there be more too it than just "a mirror function" that which is reflected to him might be more than he wished to consider as possibly true.

Understand, he treats his depression with a very small dose of ayahuasca on a daily basis. He also has stated that an individual can become so deeply into synchronicity, they can be overwhelmed, become so consumed they cannot function practically... and my guess is that he states this from personal experience. I make that guess because I have been there too!

Anyways, there's plenty of "baby" in that interview besides bathwater... I am learning more and more not to throw out the gold in all of these Skeptiko interviews other than the few pure materialists. I just can't bring myself to listen to those anymore as there's nothing in them that I feel I get anything out of. I am settled on my metpahysical, cosmological world view explanation of anything other than pure, raw, cosmic accident materialism. That view is nothing but a "dead world" to me. Uninteresting, unexciting, worthless...

And I say that based on my own extensive experience with the phenomena. I avoided getting turned off by his dive into "brain science." I also have the ability to understand, based on what he has shared in his book as well as in other interviews, why he has drawn some of the conclusions he has drawn where he makes statements such as - "the universe is inherently meaningless... it's just a bunch of energy systems. Meaning is something human beings give it."
I am reading his book, and he does indeed deep dive into science. The problem with that approach, is that it is impossible to know which bits of science are correct. Obviously by writing his book, he recognises that the conventional idea of how the brain works, doesn't ultimately make sense, but then he grabs onto string theory. Peter Woit has a blog in which he drums home the message that string theory has been studied for 40 years or so, and has not made any testable predictions, so it is hardly a solid foundation on which to build a theory!

http://www.math.columbia.edu/~woit/wordpress/

Having said that, he does make a reasonable case that synchronicities make a lot more sense if you think of the world as having actual higher dimensions - not necessarily of the string theory type. Living in a lower dimensional 'slice' of such a system, things could intrude from 'nowhere' and disappear in the same way - think of a 3-dimensional cone intersecting a 2-dimensional plane (his example). the cone would be visible to flatlanders living on the plane for a while, and then as it moved off and no longer intersected the plane, it would disappear.

David

I am reading his book, and he does indeed deep dive into science. The problem with that approach, is that it is impossible to know which bits of science are correct. Obviously by writing his book, he recognises that the conventional idea of how the brain works, doesn't ultimately make sense, but then he grabs onto string theory. Peter Woit has a blog in which he drums home the message that string theory has been studied for 40 years or so, and has not made any testable predictions, so it is hardly a solid foundation on which to build a theory!

http://www.math.columbia.edu/~woit/wordpress/

Having said that, he does make a reasonable case that synchronicities make a lot more sense if you think of the world as having actual higher dimensions - not necessarily of the string theory type. Living in a lower dimensional 'slice' of such a system, things could intrude from 'nowhere' and disappear in the same way - think of a 3-dimensional cone intersecting a 2-dimensional plane (his example). the cone would be visible to flatlanders living on the plane for a while, and then as it moved off and no longer intersected the plane, it would disappear.

David

Yeah, well there are multiple dimensions. Let’s keep it simple - the familiar physical and the not so familiar meta-physical. People can overload by saying there are many more, but we can’t actually deal with these two. What we call our reality with 3 dimensions [the 3D world] is a misnomer in that what we call dimensions are more like attributes of physicality than fundamental dimensions. The metaphysical dimension has the same attributes.

So let’s stick with the 2 we know. The physical and the metaphysical are not discrete. They intersect and interact, and each impinges on the other. The apparent boundary between the two is as porous as hell. In fact you could say both, working together, constitute the human sense of reality. Our reality is infused with the metaphysical.

I suspect the thing about synchronicities has a lot more to do with our states of mind/awareness than their presence in our reality. It is true that our awareness has to participate in being aware of events. For instance my time/clock awareness functions because I am induced to participate in acts of knowing about events [clock read outs] - thus synchronising my awareness with the event.

Clocks do their thing. I do my thing. Now and then the two connect to make significance, as opposed to meaning. Before the McGregor show. I triggered that show, and since then I have had a massively heightened awareness of mirroring [eg 10:01] and matching [eg 12:12]. You could argue that I have become more motivated since the show to be aware. But that’s a weak argument. Why would the show trigger more intense awareness of something that motivated me to propose the show in the first place?

I am talking ridiculous levels of mirroring and matching. What has shifted is that I am taking the idea of synchronicity way more seriously. It’s now a real and interesting problem. The response has been to elevate the frequency of synchronisation events to a silly degree. Here’s an interesting aspect. If I am thinking about synchronicity and look at the clock I never see an instance of mirroring or matching. It is never conscious. I can never set it up.

Kirby Surprise does side-step the question of whether there is an 'outside' influence creating synchronicities, but I think he is saying that our participation by observation is part of the event. We are always bound to be interpreting through the medium of our minds. For e.g. a necessary part of consulting the I Ching is to focus on the question to receive a clearer answer. This taps into intuition, so Kirby's assertion that we influence synchronicity requires a similar degree of involvement in the outcome. Even a belief that we can influence, plays a part. It is why I think we are the best at interpreting our own dreams, and synchronicities. We probably have to be in a dream-like state to have synchronicities reveal themselves, and openly intuitive to why they are significant.

I like that we are 'navigating through a probability-field', it is saying that we are also a (small individual) part(icle) interacting in a universe of multiple possibilities. So we are not causing the synchronicity, we are recognising it, which gives it significance.

I find it very difficult to write about synchronicity. Here are some of the reasons. Note, my reasons are based on some of my theories about psi phenomena and psi experience and I include synchronicity under the psi umbrella.

One of my primary theoretical assumptions is that each individual has a filter, each individual's filter has a different degree of strength and each individual can take steps to lessen the degree of impact held by that filter. I state this because this has been my experience directly and I state this because I have spoken with others who have had the same experience - an increase in psi experiences and in enough cases, the acquisition of abilities.

It is my opinion that what might be considered impossible by many (the pure close minded), yet experienced to varying degrees as "things that really do happen" by others points to that which is beyond what most of mainstream (and controlled) science stubbornly tells us is real and possible.

I have a drive in me that wants to scream to others "there's more." And by that I mean, more than just a 'material (dead world) reality' we somehow experience as animated. Synchronicity, to me, appears to be the very best form of all types of psi related unexplainable "wowness" that can push the most doubting individual past pure closed mindedness. In some cases, like appears to be the case for Dr. Surprise, for the MacGregors, for Robert Perry, for Grant Cameron and... mine (and this is where one of the problems arise), there's a knowing... without necessarily sitting down to calculate the odds (if one has the mathematical skill to do so) a knowing of the shear impossibility that a particular event occurs at a particular time whereby that event can easily be interpreted to have a meaning which is particularly relevant to the experiencer of the event at that same time. Sure, this can be coincidence if it happened rarely. But in my case and others, it doesn't rrarely happen. It happens on steroids.

But for some of us (and in this case I must speak for myself), the experience of this phenomena has grown to such a degree in number, in profundity, in complexity... that it is impossible for me to consider it is just pure coincidence. I highlighted this statement because this statement almost always causes problems for others because within the statement is a suggestion that I am claiming some sort of super-power. At least, that is how I would have taken it if someone told me that 40 years ago. I would have thought, "BS," and I would have automatically been suspicious of the individual.

I do not see it as some super power (and this is highlighted by Dr. Surprise who claims he can teach one to have them!). It's just like the talented remote viewers probably don't see their talent as some super power. But the claim, when directed to those who experience none, or don't recognize ones when "they" might knock on their door or who have small ones only and pass them off as coincidence, is almost always looked upon in ways like negative judgment casting aimed at the individual making such a claim. And this results in a "writing off" and a "walling off" of that individual... so for years I remained pretty much silent. But in 2012 I began to document them. Still, documentation, including the introduction of actual artifacts can be viewed by those inclined to a closed mind as fabricated or made up.

And so, why would someone make something like this up? For all the wrong reasons... like the seeking of attention or, perhaps they possess traits such as megalomania, or some other psychological makeup where one is stimulated to fabulize. And this is the negative in "coming out" with regards to synchronicity. But there's also some excellent traits regarding this particular psi phenomena that makes synchronicity 'studiable.'

Unlike so much of the other psi phenomena, synchronicity can be experienced by others like witnesses to an apparition and yet the events that arise are ordinary. In other words, a synchronicity event (especially when they are strings of multiple events), can be experienced by more than just the individual who "sees it" and perhaps points it out. Someone like myself who has developed their ability to attract synchronicities (yes, a loaded statement which I will get back to), can also develop the ability to point them out as they arise... point them out to others who may be present. I started doing this over 25 years ago. And over time, I have gotten better at it but there's more. When these types of experiences arise and I am with others, what so often happens is the development of a synchronicity string (as I call it) which is a series of synchronicities (usually happening in a short time frame) that arise after the pointing out of the original synchronicity. When this happens with more than just oneself present, in other words, with witness(es), what sometimes happens is the witness(es) participate with the ongoing string. This becomes a "group wow" series of events. And writing these words on this forum cannot touch the feelings experienced by all when one of these group experiences occur.

And so, it is my opinion that the phenomena of synchronicity provides unique opportunities for the 'all but fully close minded' who have, in the very smallest way, opened that mind just enough where the seed can be planted where from there, they may begin to reduce the impact of the filter. It is my opinion that once the foot is in the door, most will go further. Yet, having said that, where often most go, opens up a whole different can of worms which involves interpretation, involves wonderment as to source, involves metaphysical questioning where so many available answers lead one down rabbit holes or dark paths, etc. and so buyer beware... in this case, the buyer is Dorothy and Kansas does indeed go 'bye-bye.' So, if one can navigate that mine field too, at least I can say this in my own case, one can pop out the other side as a much more expanded, but also, a much more whole individual and again, in speaking for myself, I have not only no regrets, I am so very grateful as for me, the bottom line is that non of this can happen in a dead, material world. This experience freed me of the depressing conclusion of materialism. In my opinion, the phenomena of synchronicity (as well as all psi phenomena) can only happen when consciousness is fundamental. And that is the gold I received from and because of this experience.

I hope more folks share their thoughts on this because I am reading things I considered years ago... things where it seems some have settled on a conclusion of this or that which results in a re-closing of the mind, or at least generates a plateau where one hovers for awhile, sometimes years, sometimes the rest of their life. But if readers here can keep a tiny bit of an open mind and can avoid forming an opinion of the purported phenomena and/or me that would block open mindedness... boy, do I have some stories I could share as well as expansions on my own theories of the phenomena which, in my opinion, refreshingly includes the theories of others which are normally seen in a light where if one is true, the other can't be (a habit humans seem to have which may be their greatest mistake)... consider the possibility that the individual determines so much of this as well as the functional capabilities of the greater reality experience and what might lie behind that!

Here is a link to a short blog I created a few years back where I document what I characterize as mathematically profound yet otherwise benign synchronicity experiences (usually strings). This is a sample of how I document the "cool ones." But understand, these are brief and relatively contained. I have a story within which synchronicity weaves its way through it and in the most profound ways that the very questions folks have raised about the phenomena had to be asked and answers had to be sought to retain my own sanity. Interestingly, I still do not have a definitive answer and feel the odds are that i never will. But one of the possible answers (and perhaps the most likely and also, the least dangerous) fits within the premise of Dr. Surprise and that is one major reason I don't think its wise to throw out everything he suggests.

Here's the blog - (note, I reordered the stories using the re-dating feauture. I did this as I felt this order best for a new reader. There's only a half dozen posts, all pretty short) - http://merlynagain.blogspot.com/

Last edited:
I am always cautious about the concept of dimensions once you get away from the 3 dimensions that we know well. Physicists like the idea of dimensions, but they are happy to bend that concept. For example, in two dimensions if you consider two points (x1,y2) and (x2,y2) the distance between them is given by sqrt( (x1-x2)^2 +(y1-y2)^2 ) which is Pytharagus' theorem. This generalises very nicely to 3 dimensions, so given two points in 3D, the formula is sqrt( (x1-x2)^2 +(y1-y2)^2+(z1-z2)^2 ).

However, even though they will glibly talk about 4-dimensional space-time, the formula is different in the time dimension:

sqrt( (x1-x2)^2 +(y1-y2)^2+(z1-z2)^2-c^2(t1-t2)^2 ).

Never mind the 'c' - the speed of light - that formula contains a minus sign, and so the four dimensions are not analogous to the 3 dimensions that we normally refer to as dimensions. That is the case for flat space time, but when General Relativity rules, an even more complicated formula gets used. Also, if you look at the formula for flat space time it is not too hard to find that it is possible to pick two distinct points with zero distance between them! This used to fascinate me, but by now I cynically ask myself why do they talk about dimensions when they don't really have the properties of the 3-D space that we are all familiar with?

Given the dubious nature of much of physics (e.g. the string theory I mentioned above), I actually think it is probably better to forget about physics dimensions altogether, and maybe consider a psychic-space with some unknown topology, that in some unspecified way relates to our 3-D space.

I know this sounds vague, but it probably describes the state of knowledge at the present time.

David

Your link is a beautiful example of synchronicity Sam. But it does not surprise me because Love is a synchronicity-generator! Also Telepathy has strong influence.

For me Kirby is saying that we are part of synchronous events -proveable by experiment- because we are part(s) of each other, the immediate environment, and the Universe. I don't understand string theory (reading up now) but I think there are 'strings' that link us. For e.g. when we are about to talk to someone, there are invisible 'threads' of psychic communication that connect us before we speak, in preperation perhaps, because we actually don't need to speak.. (certainly loudly "wow-ing" at that moment might well chase away the fragile potential. I heard that in a Jeffrey Mishlove talk, so can't remember where, y'all have to take my word for it) It was something like our 'invisible' aura extends with purpose. So it is natural that these threads occur with someone we share love with, the 'door' is wide open!

At 26:40 what Kirby called seeking a 'single-linear source for reality' is showing the potential segregatory perception. It puts it outside ourselves and think it's coming from a separate 'cosmic-entity' when we are part of the equation; it is an unclaimed 'cosmic' power. Perhaps it is more accurate, not to say synchronicity happens to us, but through us. We are its agent and the conscious observer giving it form and validity.

Given the dubious nature of much of physics (e.g. the string theory I mentioned above), I actually think it is probably better to forget about physics dimensions altogether, and maybe consider a psychic-space with some unknown topology, that in some unspecified way relates to our 3-D space.
;;/?

Back