213. EARL LEE’S SHOCKING THEORY LINKS HALLUCINOGENIC MUSHROOMS TO CHRISTIAN BURIAL RITES

Good show. I am skeptical of all history since it seems a near cousin to storytelling. But I like this guy's story.
yeah, this is a tough one for me... the use of entheogens by early Christians/Jews/Sethians/et al. is undoubtedly true, but of course atheists feel a need to pack this pack into their consciousness is an illusion silliness.

To tie this in with the Joseph Atwill podcast: in the Howard Storm Show thread, LoneShaman mentions John Allegro, the Dead Sea Scrolls scholar whose career got hurt when he published a book called The Sacred Mushrom and the Cross (1970), where he "argued that Jesus in the Gospels was in fact a code for a type of hallucinogen, the Amanita muscaria, and that Christianity was the product of an ancient "sex-and-mushroom" cult" (Wiki article). In 1979, he wrote another book, The Dead Sea Scrolls and the Christian Myth, where he argues that the Christian gospels are based on a misunderstanding of the scrolls.

For those interested, in this interview, Joseph Atwill and Jan Irvin of Gnostic Media discuss Allegro's work, which was an inspiration for Atwill.

Back