Mod+ 232. Greg Taylor Tells Readers, Don’t Worry There Probably is an Afterlife

Thank you for the important link, I am just gathering sources for my blog article about deathbed visions and other phenomena. There are many cases where the patient has improved just before dying. I have wondered if there are also unexplainable cases where psi has been working in. It seems this is one of such cases. Naturally, there are always medical experts needed to make the conclusion.

On the Allnurses forum there are two more long threads about deathbed visions:
http://allnurses.com/general-nursing-discussion/deathbed-visions-196680.html
http://allnurses.com/general-nursing-discussion/deathbed-visions-updated-617087.html

Alex's question at the end of the podcast:

What do you make of the substantial evidence for deathbed visions from end-of-life care givers? What does it tell us about the consistency between deathbed visions and NDEs/other examples of extended consciousness?
I have to say that I find this subject very interesting but when I tried to do some research into it a couple of years ago, did not find very much. I bought a thin book on the subject (about 90 pages) written around the turn of the century, found that Raymond Moody kind of dealt with the subject once, and rounded up a couple of papers. That was all I found. Now I want to look again, thanks to this interview reminding me of the subject. Personally, I find death bed visions to be much more interesting than NDEs. NDEs are generally used as a way to connect objective physical reality with another spiritual reality, but death bed visions go beyond that to an exploration of that spiritual reality.

Although not used as evidence for survival, it is very interesting when multiple persons share a deathbed vision at the same time.

AP

Jeff Mishlove interviews Stafford Betty about deathbed visions:

Description:

Stafford Betty, PhD, is professor of religious studies at California State University at Bakersfield. He is author of Heaven and Hell Unveiled, The Afterlife Unveiled, and When Did You Ever Become Less by Dying?

Here he describes two different types of deathbed visions and provides vivid examples of each. He notes that such visions have evidential value when the dying person describes a relative waiting for them (presumably in the afterlife) who was not known to be deceased. He also points out that this is one of about a dozen different lines of evidence pointing toward human survival of consciousness after death.​

Doug

Back