Mod+ 257. DR. DIANE POWELL FINDS TELEPATHY AMONG AUTISTIC SAVANT CHILDREN

I'll do it. Where do you suggest I get started? After my research I will come back here and fight you with a counterpoint. Now toss me a link or something, bishtch.

Eta. Or I can finish the eyes project. It's your call.

The eye test. Jeepers creepers. Get it? Jeepers creepers?

A good place to start looking into Ramses is anywhere on the internet, if you have access to it. A google search for "Genius Ramses" will lead you to dozens and dozens of videos.

Here are some links to some spots run by his mom.
EllenNation
http://ellennation.com/user/Genius+Ramses/questions

Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/Ramses8885

Twitter
https://twitter.com/geniusramses

Hello guys !! thanks to share your thought about telepathy !! Dr Diane is right about Ramses and i can prove it !! because he is my son...i see you guys have a lot of questions etc... that is good!

Please to be nice if you dont know the true !!! dont talk much !!! Open your mind and you will see it!! the true it is there !! You will see it!! Ramses is a really special child!! i am not the only one who thinks so!! People like Doctor Diane knows Ramses too!!! He can prove it that telepathy is really !!!

After long silence, Diane Powell published an article with a summary of her work with (allegedly) telepathic autistic savants in the recent issue of the Edge Science magazine of the Society for the Scientific Exploration. She proposes "a radical theory of mind" there - but if her inquiries would be successful, they may become a first step of the way to the empirical verification of the existence of others' conscious minds.

Here is a reason why I think psi research is not just important - it is one of the most fundamental undertakings ever performed by mankind: until now, we will never be able to achieve the other person's mind directly and phenomenally. So, we have to rely on intellectual theory of its existence, as well as on our intuitive sociality. But the shade of solipsim simply coundn't be banished totally, now matter how we tried: unless we have a clear experiential access to the other one's mind, we still have to make a leap of faith, even if a vanishingly small one, to state that other are conscious, intrasubjective being like ourselves.

But, if we would found a way to empower our intrinsic telepathis abilities, we will at last obtain the ultimate empirical refutation of solipsism.

After long silence, Diane Powell published an article with a summary of her work with (allegedly) telepathic autistic savants in the recent issue of the Edge Science magazine of the Society for the Scientific Exploration. She proposes "a radical theory of mind" there - but if her inquiries would be successful, they may become a first step of the way to the empirical verification of the existence of others' conscious minds.

Here is a reason why I think psi research is not just important - it is one of the most fundamental undertakings ever performed by mankind: until now, we will never be able to achieve the other person's mind directly and phenomenally. So, we have to rely on intellectual theory of its existence, as well as on our intuitive sociality. But the shade of solipsim simply coundn't be banished totally, now matter how we tried: unless we have a clear experiential access to the other one's mind, we still have to make a leap of faith, even if a vanishingly small one, to state that other are conscious, intrasubjective being like ourselves.

But, if we would found a way to empower our intrinsic telepathis abilities, we will at last obtain the ultimate empirical refutation of solipsism.

She also mentioned (in a FB post) that more work is planned with the first child, but that it was not receiving much promotion because the family does not want media attention. For the time being she seems focused on a child named Ramses, which I presume is related to the person that posted in this very thread. I have read her description of the work with Ramses, but am not sure if my impression is correct without an illustration of the setup. It apparently involves the child's mother writting something in a whiteboard that is facing away from him and the child spelling the words (and numbers) without seeing them. I am concerned that the more cynic posters here will feel that this approach is flawed, implying that he could be extracting some patterns from the movement of the mother's arm or that he is somehow seeing the words in some reflective surface (with no images its difficult to know if clocks, glasses, etc. were removed). I don't think that the skeptics here will be convinced unless the child is left alone in an empty room and there is equipment recording every angle. Also, the funding is still an issue despite the involvement of Sheldrake and, I believe, some funding by Chopra.

Thanks for the link to the article. I read Diane's description of her experiment with Haley, and it's as if I'm reading about some other experiment from the one recorded in the two videos Diane published.

There really could be an effect between people, indeed I tend to suspect there is such an effect, there could even be an effect present in facilitated communication, as far as I'm aware it's not been ruled out. It's just that Diane doesn't demonstrate such an effect during her studies.

Back