Mod+ 282. CAN YOUR DREAMS PREDICT DEATH? NEW EVIDENCE, SURPRISING RESULT.

I can tell you without searching that those terms won't result in anything, particularly not linked to a specific date. The words 'disaster' and 'crash' would yield a few hits but they wouldn't cross-reference with the other terms. It's funny but we all have our own vocabularies and preferred ways of saying things. Because of this I know I haven't written these other words in my journals. It is kind of like the name 'Bobbie'. When I wrote it in my journal earlier this year, my impression was that it was the first time I'd ever written it in the journal, and that it only appeared in my email in reference to one person. I checked, and was proven right. I have a hard time remembering my student's names sometimes, but this stuff is easy.

AP

Okay, well it was worth a shot. :)

I've seen/heard a lot of reports about pre-cognitive dreams regarding 9/11 and there's a lot of buzz on the interwebs that this coming September will see something as bad or worse. If you use that list of terms as a Google or YouTube search, you'll see what I'm talking about.

Part of that is coming from the work of Christian Rabbi Jonathan Cahn and his novel, The Harbinger. He explains the 7 year Shemitah cycle and how it has portended financial disaster for America. For example at the end of the last Shemitah, the opening stock market bell failed to ring and the market fell 7% or 777.7 points that day. It was the beginning of the great recession of 2008. And the end of the previous Shemitah occurred when the markets crashed as they reopened after 9/11.

There are several other lines of data that converge on this coming September as potentially being the beginning of another big event.

If disaster truly is in the stars for September, then I expect there are people having premonitions and precognitive dreams about it as they did before 9/11.

He explains the 7 year Shemitah cycle and how it has portended financial disaster for America. For example at the end of the last Shemitah, the opening stock market bell failed to ring and the market fell 7% or 777.7 points that day. It was the beginning of the great recession of 2008. And the end of the previous Shemitah occurred when the markets crashed as they reopened after 9/11.
So what happened in 1994, and 1987 (wait a sec, there was Black Monday there ;)), and 1980, and 1973, and 1966... :)

Also see:
http://wmcgrew.blogspot.ca/2015/01/the-shemitah-and-usa-by-jonathan-cahn.html

So what happened in 1994, and 1987 (wait a sec, there was Black Monday there ;)), and 1980, and 1973, and 1966... :)

Also see:
http://wmcgrew.blogspot.ca/2015/01/the-shemitah-and-usa-by-jonathan-cahn.html

I read the linked article, and the two points he raises are:
A literal interpretation of scriptures precludes the Shemitah being applied to the USA.
The coincidence of 7's is cherry picking and lacking precision.

I think that it is possible for deep patterns to repeat in human history both in archetypal synchronistic (supernatural) ways and contrived (conspiratorial) ways. In other words, the elites who are into symbolism and numerology may plan things around significant numbers, while the supernatural also takes over adding unforeseen coincidences to the mix. When the stock market fell 777.7 points, that could have been a synchronistic event or since the markets are rigged with the AI plunge protection, it could possibly have been contrived. I don't know. But one takeaway I got from recently reading "The a Trickster and the Paranormal" is that contriving a hoax may open the door for the supernatural to take over. So that's why I think maybe it is a combination.

I just heard the show and would like to correct one error. At the time we conducted the interview, my copy of the article was dated as belonging to the June issue. After the interview was concluded, I was informed that the article would be moved to the following issue, published around September 1 or so.

AP

Actually, this is a mistake on my part and it really isn't a coincidence either.

I have also read Gary Schwartz and have been aware of Christopher Robinson and been very impressed by him and by Gary Schwartz's books (I have read the G.O.D. Principle and another book by him). I also knew Christopher Robinson was on Oranum and I even "chatted" with him a little bit on it. I even have his book "Dream Detective" (though I haven't read it).

What happened was this. I wanted an example of some dodgy psychics and Oranum was the only website I knew like this so I used it as an example. A mistake. My actual opinions are the following:
-Most psychics selling their services are frauds. I have no idea what %. Would be interesting to know. I would imagine that quite a few of them don't know they are "frauds". They just sort of get carried away with it (and new age stuff in general).
-Some psychics selling their services are genuine and have talents but they are very hit and miss.
-Websites like Oranum are interesting but I think they are dodgy. They prey on the vulnerable. They pollute the genuine psychic stuff which does exist and they pollute the whole paranormal space. I don't object to psychics selling services but I do think the way it is usually done is hucksterism at its worst.

I have paid for a psychic reading twice (once with someone who I am convinced has real talents) and both told me nothing of interest. Though apparently I was around with the Mongol hordes in a previous life or something like that :)

Alan, maybe you should try again with the certified mediums used by the Windbridge Institute. It's a modest cost, but if it's for personal research (research always costs some money) into the veracity of what is being claimed? It's worth it. I used 2 mediums separately 2 weeks apart. Asked both the same questions. Only one medium was really successful and she made good solid contact with a close friend who died under mysterious circumstances in a foreign country. The medium recounted his death as he perceived it at the time. There was foul play. The medium's details jived with facts I later corroborated. I also made contact with a recently departed relative in the same session. She immediately brought up one of the unusual after effects of his death. There were too numerous unknowable specifics she couldn't have otherwise guessed with both souls. Both contacts answered direct questions with personal qualities specific to their character. It was amazing.

The other medium was more diffuse with requested contacts and apologized. She wasn't having a good day and offered 1/2 my money back. However, she did start the session by letting me know a young man was nearby. He said a stone wall fell on him? no blocks, wall of blocks? I had no idea what she meant. No clue, then a memory came out of my distant past. In 1977, I worked as a framing carpenter for a small company. My framing partner Mike McGinnis decided to work a Saturday when I had off. While building walls in an apt. basement, 2 stories of a poorly supported cinder block wall collapsed on top of him in gusty winds. Wow, really? After 38 yrs, this fellow snatched an opportunity say hello? It took me 2 days to remember his name. (Sorry Mike). I figured that alone was worth her 1hr session.

Alan, maybe you should try again with the certified mediums used by the Windbridge Institute. It's a modest cost, but if it's for personal research (research always costs some money) into the veracity of what is being claimed? It's worth it. I used 2 mediums separately 2 weeks apart. Asked both the same questions. Only one medium was really successful and she made good solid contact with a close friend who died under mysterious circumstances in a foreign country. The medium recounted his death as he perceived it at the time. There was foul play. The medium's details jived with facts I later corroborated. I also made contact with a recently departed relative in the same session. She immediately brought up one of the unusual after effects of his death. There were too numerous unknowable specifics she couldn't have otherwise guessed with both souls. Both contacts answered direct questions with personal qualities specific to their character. It was amazing.

The other medium was more diffuse with requested contacts and apologized. She wasn't having a good day and offered 1/2 my money back. However, she did start the session by letting me know a young man was nearby. He said a stone wall fell on him? no blocks, wall of blocks? I had no idea what she meant. No clue, then a memory came out of my distant past. In 1977, I worked as a framing carpenter for a small company. My framing partner Mike McGinnis decided to work a Saturday when I had off. While building walls in an apt. basement, 2 stories of a poorly supported cinder block wall collapsed on top of him in gusty winds. Wow, really? After 38 yrs, this fellow snatched an opportunity say hello? It took me 2 days to remember his name. (Sorry Mike). I figured that alone was worth her 1hr session.

It is an interesting idea. It is the sort of thing that would make all of this stuff real and personal. Reading about stuff is one thing but experiencing it yourself is another (I can't make up my mind if I have experienced anything - long story - my stuff is coincidences not dreams or psychic stuff). On the other side, I have the feeling I could go through lots of mediums before getting a real hit... Still this Windbridge place sounds interesting and it is an idea. All that said, I am pretty much a believer already.

I don't know enough about Christopher Robinson to really comment on this but I do think that Christopher Robinson is a very different personality to Andy. I agree he does not have the rigour but that doesn't mean he is not genuine. Andy is exceptionally intelligent, motivated, educated and willing to share.

Like Andy, I work in computers (FileMaker database software development) and I am very logical and rigourous (I hope). This is necessary. The database won't work if I am not logical and it will become a horrific mess of code if I am not rigourous (though some of my databases are horrific messes). Anyway, my point is that not everyone is like this at all. Some people are less intelligent. Some people care about different things. Some people have not had many educational opportunities. Some people are fundamentally disorganised but all these people still have valuable stories to tell. So, I don't think we should dismiss Christopher Robinson. To my knowledge, he is the only other living example of somebody who has had many, quality precognitive dreams. There is another person (deceased I assume as his book was written in the 1920s) named J.W. Dunne. His book, "An Experiment with Time" is referenced on the back cover of Andy's book which is why I bought it (though I haven't read it - expensive habit buying books and then not reading them).

Just for fun, I'll mention that after consulting with my uncle Mark (founder of The Data Bank in Minnesota), I bought Filemaker to use as my dream journal database software. One mistake I made when I designed the DB is that I put my notes on a separate page from the dreams they are connected to, thus forcing me to manually copy the identifying information from one place to the other so that the notes can appear on the same page as the dream. I did it because I was working on a smaller monitor at the time and wanted to save screen space. By then I already had more tabs than I wanted, so I made a completely new page. Now that I have a bigger high resolution monitor, it easily fits, but am unsure how to migrate the data so that it isn't a reference but stored intact on the same page as everything else.

Anyway, that is my Filemaker connection.

AP

but am unsure how to migrate the data so that it isn't a reference but stored intact on the same page as everything else.
AP

If you wanted, I would be happy to help you sort this out. Let me know via a "conversation" if you would like that. I understand that the database is quite personal. Most likely I could sort the problem out in a "clone" (copy of the database with no records) and you could then move the data into that clone. Or, it may be simpler than that, I may be able to look at the clone and say "do this" and "do that" and the problem will be solved.

If you wanted, I would be happy to help you sort this out. Let me know via a "conversation" if you would like that. I understand that the database is quite personal. Most likely I could sort the problem out in a "clone" (copy of the database with no records) and you could then move the data into that clone. Or, it may be simpler than that, I may be able to look at the clone and say "do this" and "do that" and the problem will be solved.
I may take you up on that, but not right away. I am trying to get my PhD done and it is taking all of my time. Thanks for the offer.

AP

Not amazingly precognitive but figure I'd share -> The day of my mother's death I had a dream we threw her a goodbye party. Though she'd become largely bed ridden and had sadly wasted away, in the dream she was young, basically a little girl in fact. Watching the dream from a third person perspective you would think I was dreaming of a beloved daughter's birthday party rather than my mother's going away party before she entered the afterlife.

After a good deal of fun she knew it was time to go - as I recall I twirled her in my arms and gave my final goodbye.

She passed later that day - I mentioned her last words here.

Related -> Probably recalling this due to Whitley Streiber's heart wrenching precognitive dream of his wife's miscarriage in Super Natural (Anne had planned to surprise him), where he suspects this never-born daughter lives on in another reality.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back