A Breakthrough?

That is true! I would love to study consciousness one day, it would be amazing to see if I could further a notion. But it's on the fringe, isn't it? How many scientists believe that the mind and brain aren't separate entities, haha.

Relating to my earlier point. I don't particularly like the idea of a fully objective world either, but unfortunately, my preferences do not dictate what certain QM research may imply.

Maybe because they hate the idea of a world that is not fully objective. Like it or not Quantum physics is the most successful scientific endeavour we've ever embarked on. And as Jim Al-Khalili said in his programme last week "the weirdness isn't going to go away"

Relating to my earlier point. I don't particularly like the idea of a fully objective world either, but unfortunately, my preferences do not dictate what certain QM research may imply.

Well, what is it now? Did you forget a 'not' in your 2nd post? A objective world or a not objective one?

You're right about the new generation. Things will be much better when all the baby boomers* are dead. They must die. And they must die soon.

*or just fill in your countries' equivalent label for that generation that must die soon.

That is true! I would love to study consciousness one day, it would be amazing to see if I could further a notion. But it's on the fringe, isn't it? How many scientists believe that the mind and brain aren't separate entities, haha.

If you want to work with a bunch of flakey, new age, guru-loving hippies you should pursue that path.

It's interesting reading your comments, I've seen more and more strange interpretations of quantum mechanics, which really attempt to put some sort of classical spin on QM.

I was interested to see Aharonov awarded a medal by Obama recently... it did make me wonder what exactly is motivating the establishment to reward scientists with strange viewpoints.

I mean, I'm disapointed why quantum mechanics isn't introduced into the UK school curriculum, as well as colour constancy (Edwin Lands work).

Can't help but feel we're slipping backwards at present... Rather than moving forwards... :-(

speaking of which, here is a quote from Lawrence Krauss: "For the record: Quantum mechanics does not deny the existence of objective reality"

speaking of which, here is a quote from Lawrence Krauss: "For the record: Quantum mechanics does not deny the existence of objective reality"
OK, that was a quote from quote from Lawrence Krauss. Did you happen to find a quote from quantum mechanics?

Back