A Philosophical Critique of Empirical Arguments for Postmortem Survival

Thanks for the responses all - though I'm not sure I agree with all the seeming a priori judgements about Sudduth from a few ;) If I may say, both the initial review and Mr Sandman's (excellent) post review above seem to be saying different things to what some are criticising about Sudduth?...

That said, I have purchased both Irreducible Mind (thanks David - been in my sights for a while, went ahead and bought it after your comment) and Braude's Immortal Remains.

Irreducible Mind is one hell of a long and complicated book - I'm on page 60ish of 700ish.....I'll be on this one a while! :eek:

Cheers.

Irreducible Mind is one hell of a long and complicated book - I'm on page 60ish of 700ish.....I'll be on this one a while!
It is, but there are sections that seem to settle any doubt that materialism might be a complete description of the universe. For example, there seem to be a continuum of phenomena from straightforward hypnotism that is freely accepted in the West, to hypnotism that produces specific wounds on an individual's skin, on to phenomena that need ψ explanations. I find that continuum of phenomena particularly suggestive.

It may be worth reading selectively - at least to begin with.

David

Back