Al Borealis, Universal Health Care Trap? |478|

If you accept that Big Pharma are in part responsible for the COVID scam, you have to ask yourself whether the people in those coumpanies were just naughty boys until this came along and then simply made the jump to become mass murderers.
David

Nah. I think they are just vultures jumping on covid road kill.

Reactions: Kim
Nah. I think they are just vultures jumping on covid road kill.
This link to an Anonymous Official video does, I think, a great job of pointing out the fact that people really have got to wake up & think for themselves. They need to pay attention to the evidence provided by their own senses.

I will never forget the incredible trouble some 'experts' went to on a documentary about the assassination of JFK; they were trying to demonstrate that it was possible to shoot someone in the head from behind & their body would snap backward, not forward. There was a video of them shooting cantaloupes w/ rifles & the fruit fell forward. I'd like to know how many cantaloupes they shot before one of them tipped the way they wished. Probably they shot enough to feed half of New York. There was no discussion how a neck & attached body would affect the force of the bullet's impact, etc.

what shows from 2020 did you like? and not like?
Maybe this is not answering your question, but the political/political conspiracy overtones to this show have become more pronounced. Conspiracy theories about COVID and global warming have infected the internet with a virus worse more contagious than COVID over the last year. Can we get back to the "controversial science" rather than the controversial politics pretending to be about science?

My top ten are as follows: T. Zinser - 451; G. Moffitt - 477; M. Pitstick - 468; C. Morely - 455; A. Holecek - 459; C. Black - 470; A. Lucas - 441; B. Kastrup - 461; J. Martin - 456; J. Brisson - 443. I think we're entering or are in a definite transition state as a species. How can we best wake people up to the psyop that the majority are living?

Maybe this is not answering your question, but the political/political conspiracy overtones to this show have become more pronounced. Conspiracy theories about COVID and global warming have infected the internet with a virus worse more contagious than COVID over the last year. Can we get back to the "controversial science" rather than the controversial politics pretending to be about science?
I think that it is at least arguable that there is no way of completely separating these subjects - but that doesn't stop you choosing to feast on the parts of Skeptiko that are more 'pure' from your perspective.

I mean, one of Alex's theories is that some people are using satanic child abuse as a way to contact evil spirits - whether that is possible or not.

If you want some pure controversial science, why not look at my thread about Behe's evidence that life needed a lot of intelligence, both to emerge at all, and to evolve! I.e. that Darwin's theory is wrong.

David

If you want some pure controversial science, why not look at my thread about Behe's evidence that life needed a lot of intelligence, both to emerge at all, and to evolve! I.e. that Darwin's theory is wrong.
David[/QUOTE]

According to what I've read from Deepak Shopra, after creating life and bringing it to a certain stage of evolution, the Creator entered it. I'm inclined to agree with him. No life here compares with the imagination and creativity of humankind. It was a sudden mysterious leap in biological history. That a bit of the Creator returns to it's place in Eternity at our death logically follows in my mind.

I believe that spiritual seekers & any other person concerned w/ reducing suffering must be get involved in politics & try to find out what exactly is going on w/ decision-makers/powerful people. That's what got my attention in "Prepare Yourself for What is Coming." Look at the money concentrated in technocratic hands alone. Elon Musk suggested nuking Mars as a fast way to start terra-forming it!! People have gotten into the habit of being disgusted w/ politics, myself included, & disengaging & look what we got? A president w/ the most shocking case of narcissistic personality disorder I have ever seen who is still bent on forcing himself on the American people & the world for 4 more years, & permanently after that if he has his way. Look at the number of people who actually voted for him for another term!
I was really disturbed to read about all the podcasts, radio shows, & other venues that were dedicated to supporting tRump. The left & moderates really must get more engaged to counter what I see as a destructive force driving the Republican Party/conservative extremists. There was an article on Medium.com that tried to make the case that the GOP is finished. The GOP has found a lunatic that they can promote & how people voted tells you they aren't giving up. Maybe it was Alex who said the dark forces have only begun to fight. Look at the abortion issue: that's targeted b/c the religious right/cock-eyed reactionaries won't be happy until the USA has a religious police force just like Saudi Arabia does.

David

According to what I've read from Deepak Shopra, after creating life and bringing it to a certain stage of evolution, the Creator entered it. I'm inclined to agree with him. No life here compares with the imagination and creativity of humankind. It was a sudden mysterious leap in biological history. That a bit of the Creator returns to it's place in Eternity at our death logically follows in my mind.[/QUOTE]
Do you think that all the attention given to 'self-realization' supports Deepak's idea? We're indisputably connected to the cosmos like all living things, so we just have to do some work to come to grips with our essential nature. Nisargadatta Maharaj's I Am That makes a formidable case for 'self-realization' as well.

According to what I've read from Deepak Shopra, after creating life and bringing it to a certain stage of evolution, the Creator entered it. I'm inclined to agree with him. No life here compares with the imagination and creativity of humankind. It was a sudden mysterious leap in biological history. That a bit of the Creator returns to it's place in Eternity at our death logically follows in my mind.
Do you think that all the attention given to 'self-realization' supports Deepak's idea? We're indisputably connected to the cosmos like all living things, so we just have to do some work to come to grips with our essential nature. Nisargadatta Maharaj's I Am That makes a formidable case for 'self-realization' as well.[/QUOTE]
To me, Behe's ideas tell us - probably beyond dispute - that some intelligent entities had to design and assemble us as a deliberate act. That is such a massive realisation that I think it is worth basking in it for a while.

Of course, that research does not tell us that 'God' did it, and it doesn't tell us if it was a collaborative effort by intelligences of about our level. I think it is too easy to leap into theistic thinking and lose track of the definiteness of the whole Discover Institute's results.

I don't think the entities who created us, were necessarily anything like the god of the bible. First of all, it would seem that the Cambrian era - when a whole swath of new life forms burst upon us - was some sort of an experiment, in which many different life forms were created and then culled back.

Now ask yourself why an infinitely wise, all-knowing god needs to do experiments.

The entities that did this seem to be more like us.

Why do I say entities rather than entity? Well I suppose I don't like to think that the God supplies innovative advances to both side of the various predator/prey arms races that seem to operate.

David

Of course, that research does not tell us that 'God' did it, and it doesn't tell us if it was a collaborative effort by intelligences of about our level. I think it is too easy to leap into theistic thinking and lose track of the definiteness of the whole Discover Institute's results.

I don't think the entities who created us, were necessarily anything like the god of the bible. First of all, it would seem that the Cambrian era - when a whole swath of new life forms burst upon us - was some sort of an experiment, in which many different life forms were created and then culled back.

Now ask yourself why an infinitely wise, all-knowing god needs to do experiments.

The entities that did this seem to be more like us.
Seems to me to be a leap either way and each one of us has our own biases that seem likely to affect one's preferred assumption. Stated another way, is there meaningful evidence that would corroborate a collaborative group of intelligences being the "source" vs a single intelligence? Or vice versa for that matter?

Seems to me to be a leap either way and each one of us has our own biases that seem likely to affect one's preferred assumption. Stated another way, is there meaningful evidence that would corroborate a collaborative group of intelligences being the "source" vs a single intelligence? Or vice versa for that matter?
I think that the ancient alien hypothesis is well supported; there's such a wealth of archeological, scriptural, & cultural sources. Look at Fenton's 780,000 film for a recent mind-blower. What bothers so many people that are lucky to have the time to contemplate it is the apparent state of the majority of humanity facing a life of "quiet desperation." T. Hobbes put it as "...poor, nasty, brutish, and short." I also have seen plenty of evidence that we are entering an era of unparalleled potential for changing such a somber view.

Once again, you are as wrong as wrong can be. As One who works in healthcare insurance (business analytics, not sales) I can tell you that there are $billions in fraud by providers detected each year. That's with providers ("caregivers") knowing that we are watching them. If we weren't? I can't even imagine. Fraud is up-coding claims, false claims and medically unnecessary procedures; some that harm (or even kill) patients. Then there are all the script mills for narcotics, steroids, etc.

Then there is medical errors/malpractice that kills, conservatively 330,000 Americans each year. That is an accepted figure, though on the low side, IMO.

Im a Chiropractor and I can confirm this within my own experience. I’ve seen lots of charges for services rendered that weren’t really rendered, or were half ass rendered just to get paid.

It’s easy enough for a provider to do a simple exam which might be borderline unecassary and go through the motions in order to get paid.

There’s some less than admirable behavior on the end of the insurance companies as well though. Sometimes it’s hard to get paid.

Side-it’s been a minute guys. How’s everything going here? I think I’ll be posting again.

My top ten are as follows: T. Zinser - 451; G. Moffitt - 477; M. Pitstick - 468; C. Morely - 455; A. Holecek - 459; C. Black - 470; A. Lucas - 441; B. Kastrup - 461; J. Martin - 456; J. Brisson - 443. I think we're entering or are in a definite transition state as a species. How can we best wake people up to the psyop that the majority are living?
interesting picks. I really enjoyed the talkn to Greg Moffitt and we're doing round 2 today... but I just learned that he is really not down with the UFO/ET thing... OMG... this could be interesting :)

I agree... in fact, I think I agree with almost everything in your post... so it's funny that you take Al's side.

my main point was really why in the gosh golly heck (refraining from f bombs :)) would we turn to a fraudulent medical system when were in the middle of the biggest medical scam in history. I totally get that we need to take care of people and the people are hurting and suffering, but funneling them into such a corrupt cesspool a bad science seems like the wrong way to go.

I agree with you, Alex. I think that you, Al, and I are all pretty much in agreement about the Health Care shit, but we are talking about it from different angles. About five years ago, I busted my ankle on ice, and I had no healthcare. I was paranoid about people finding out that I had busted my ankle, albeit this happened in a small shopping center and I did not want the expense of the ambulance. So, to do the best of my ability, in agonizing pain, I pushed my self up against and called a friend. I never went to the hospital because I knew that the expense would be overwhelming. I simply lived with the broken ankle, lost my apartment because I could not work, and ended up homeless.

I think that you are right about all these clowns that go to the doctor whenever they want for whatever reason. However, if somebody is in a situation where they have broken a limb or leg, I don't think that they should feel impending, financial doom if in need of medical attention.

Love your show, brother. Keep up the good work.

So, to do the best of my ability, in agonizing pain, I pushed my self up against and called a friend. I never went to the hospital because I knew that the expense would be overwhelming. I simply lived with the broken ankle, lost my apartment because I could not work, and ended up homeless.

This is terrible.

If you were a Government Employee, Illegal Alien, or a non-contributing Welfare Mooch, you would have had a free Ambulance in minutes, Free Emergency Room treatment, Free narcotics for the pain, and Free physical therapy for months after.

Isn't it weird how America does indeed have Universal Healthcare for everyone except people who pay taxes?

This is terrible.

If you were a Government Employee, Illegal Alien, or a non-contributing Welfare Mooch, you would have had a free Ambulance in minutes, Free Emergency Room treatment, Free narcotics for the pain, and Free physical therapy for months after.

Isn't it weird how America does indeed have Universal Healthcare for everyone except people who pay taxes?

Thanks Charlie. It is a sad, but true story. Also, yes, it is weird how America does have universal health care for everybody except those that start to get their head above water. The strikingly strange thing about "Obama Care" was that it only pretended to give everybody affordable healthcare. The deductibles were so outrageous for the "affordable range" that you might as well not have had any healthcare in the first place. I think that I have described this in some detail already, so I would like to speak of something a bit more eye opening.

I love Alex's podcast and the Skeptiko forum because the rigorous intellectual work in the matters of consciousness; a most fascinating subject to me. I still recall the day that I busted my ankle on that ice, vividly. I knew something was terribly wrong and the pain was excruciating. However, what was more painful was the thought of not being able to provide for my wife. The realization that I was in a state with no family and no real friends, and no way to get out. The impending doom in the realization that I had to choose, and choose soon, will I keep my car or my apartment? Consciousness in these miserable states, to me, is just as fascinating as near death experience consciousness. Perhaps I would coin the phrase: Near Life Experience.

Thoughts of suicide are interesting to me. However, aren't they too good to be true? I mean, the thought such as this: "All I have to do is hang myself and all these problems will be over." For me, this is the same kind of thought that makes people play the lottery. We all know that we are not going to win. Yes, a scratch off might get you that thrill of getting 5 bucks back, but the power ball....never, not viable chance? I think that suicide is like playing the lottery. You believe that it will be the end of all your problems, but you secretly know that you are not going to win, in a deep, fundamental way. Maybe the Power Ball is like sure footed suicide. A good hanging or a bullet in the head. Perhaps scratch offs are like that slow suicide of drug abuse and sex addiction. The latter might get rid of your problems and life for a few moments, but you never get rid of them altogether. The former, on the other hand, certainly does get rid of your life....but it doesn't really get rid of you!

There really is no cure to hell in this life....and certainly, no vaccine. We must only learn triumph only through extreme effort?!?! Perhaps. - Or is it that we learn triumph from rest and repose? Maybe distance from others? Was it the wrong others that made us think this way? How is it that the right others are so seemingly right until they become the wrong others? Why purpose purpose? Life without fascination is worse than death, and death is not an escape.

We must only learn triumph only through extreme effort?!?!

I think so.

In this thread you can read how Obamacare put me $300,000 in debt...

http://www.skeptiko-forum.com/threads/today-is-exactly-one-year-since-my-n-d-e.4600/post-149204

A great man once said "Struggle is the Father of all things". I don't believe as the Buddhists and Gnostics do that all life is suffering. But as I said it that thread, it does seem to me that humans are intended to learn from adversity.

I think so.

In this thread you can read how Obamacare put me $300,000 in debt...

http://www.skeptiko-forum.com/threads/today-is-exactly-one-year-since-my-n-d-e.4600/post-149204

A great man once said "Struggle is the Father of all things". I don't believe as the Buddhists and Gnostics do that all life is suffering. But as I said it that thread, it does seem to me that humans are intended to learn from adversity.

Charlie....that story is fucking amazing! Thank you for sharing it with me!

I think it is from the void, those darks moments, that we ended up here. Time cannot exist in the dark moments, and yet it comes to exist when we are here. Therefor, somehow, we are always here and never gone. When we are here, we imagine those moments whence we are not, but this is only by imagination after being here. Therefor, somehow, we are always here.

Charlie....that story is fucking amazing! Thank you for sharing it with me!

I think it is from the void, those darks moments, that we ended up here. Time cannot exist in the dark moments, and yet it comes to exist when we are here. Therefor, somehow, we are always here and never gone. When we are here, we imagine those moments whence we are not, but this is only by imagination after being here. Therefor, somehow, we are always here.

Guys, sorry, but you both appear to be somewhat misinformed as to what the ACA (Obamacare) is and what is available to you and I feel compelled to say something about that.

Any individual or small employer group can purchase an ACA plan and no one can be turned away. For individual coverage there is a government subsidy for the premium based on your income level. This is for those with too much income to qualify for Medicaid. So you could have an income that is above the Medicaid cut off point and still have your ACA premium 100% paid by the federal govt. The % paid by the feds decreases as your income level increases.

There is no reason for anyone in the US to not have insurance if they want it (many people do not want it) other than not taking the time to understand what is available or not valuing coverage enough to want to pay for it (if above the income limit for 100% govt coverage). The choice is yours.

Sp to be clear, there is free Medicaid coverage for the lowest income individuals. Then there is ACA with a sliding scale premium subsidy from the govt based on income level. Then there is Medicare for those over 65 years of age. Of course there is also employer based insurance, which is how most Americans get their coverage.

So who is it that suffers with no coverage?

Back