Alex vs Michael Hughes.

Steve, I don't have a horse in this race, but you might technically need Michael's permission to repost his article wholesale (I'm assuming you haven't asked him already, which might be a false assumption).

Steve, I don't have a horse in this race, but you might technically need Michael's permission to repost his article wholesale (I'm assuming you haven't asked him already, which might be a false assumption).

Thanks Laird, I haven't asked him.

If it's on Facebook, does that not make it public? I thought that the person who might feel miffed about me posting it here would be Alex, but maybe you're right?

I'll remove it if either of them aren't happy of course, as I've no real interest in the disagreement, I thought others may have. I'll try and contact Michael. I doubt Alex wants it removed.

If it's on Facebook, does that not make it public?

Yes, but that doesn't mean you can reproduce it publicly. Copyright applies by default, and that gives the author control over where his/her work is reproduced. I checked the article and it doesn't have any copyright statement that would make it freely reproducible (e.g. a Creative Commons licence), so the default applies. Certainly, though, there is nothing to stop you from providing a link to the article. Or just saying: "So sue me!" (not my actual advice!).

Yes, but that doesn't mean you can reproduce it publicly. Copyright applies by default, and that gives the author control over where his/her work is reproduced. I checked the article and it doesn't have any copyright statement that would make it freely reproducible (e.g. a Creative Commons licence), so the default applies. Certainly, though, there is nothing to stop you from providing a link to the article. Or just saying: "So sue me!" (not my actual advice!).

I tried to post a link but I couldn't find the article on medium.com, and you can't post a link from Facebook . I think I'll just delete it, as if anyone is bothered they can search for themselves. So stand by to be deleted!!!

I don't have an account that can be used to message him on that site so if someone does and would refer him to this post that would be ideal. I read through the whole thing and I haven't touched pizzagate since it started, I did some factchecking but it quickly became too tedious for me to really care about. I did however discover that the so called pedophile symbol is officially used by Elpida. 18 seconds in.

Last edited:
Back