Alexis Brooks, The Intersection of Consciousness and UFO Journalism |416|

You should make an argument and give examples instead of just ranting. I could be convinced that Alex is "anti-Christian" but you're just making assertions like this is a Twitter thread. I'd like to learn more about Alex's anti-Christian bias.
I'm afraid now and again we get posters like this - they never seem to understand that we engage in reasoned argument (on the whole) here.

David

Alex have you read this transcript of Hal Puthoff’s speech to the SSE 1 year ago?
https://paradigmresearchgroup.org/2...se-irva-conference-las-vegas-nv-15-june-2018/

Thanks. I gave it a quick scan

You’re saying the TTSA is obviously a psyop and I haven’t known what to make of it, but after reading Puthoff’s speech and also perusing the recently leaked documents (Eric Davis’ notes on a meeting he had with Adm Wilson), I am feeling more confident in this narrative:

1. We’ve recovered alien spacecraft that still work.
  2. Perhaps more craft are being recovered from the ice in Antarctica. It’s the perfect place to look for meteorites so why not fallen spacecraft too?
  3. The alien watchers were very concerned with the atomic tests so interactions increased.
  4. The technology that powers the craft (with vacuum energy or antimatter) is many orders of magnitude more powerful than atomic energy and is thus more dangerous.

episode 417 with dr. diana walsh pasulka directly addresses this

So after many decades our secret compartmentalized projects still haven’t figured these things out.

I think your warning bells should be going off!!!

When they sought to undertake this final step - of 'educating' the public through social media - it backfired. It turned out that our social message crafters and science communicators did not have the grasp on key topics they had presumed; and they performed poorly. Google/Facebook/Twitter et. al. are scrambling furiously now to try and remedy this.

A gigantic irony in Dunning-Kruger.
great point regarding feedback... and irony :) I don't think many realized at the time that the feedback loop would turn out to be one of the most powerful disintermediation forces of the internet (e.g. Amazon) Seems like news is no different... except maybe a little bit slower to react do to be inbred corruption and collusion with social engineers.

Thanks. I gave it a quick scan

Awesome.

Here is the audio of Puthoff's speech with slides as well:

episode 417 with dr. diana walsh pasulka directly addresses this

I was thinking, "I don't remember this episode..." then went to my podcast app to look it up and see that it was just published. :) listening now...

I think your warning bells should be going off!!!

You believe "they" have successfully reverse engineered and mastered and weaponized this tech, and now that they have it fully under they're control and are poised to "break-away", they're now going to allow those in the private sector (or selected corporations they approve of) to "discover" it in parallel? Guess maybe the answer to this question is in the Pasulka interview? I'll listen on...

You believe "they" have successfully reverse engineered and mastered and weaponized this tech, and now that they have it fully under they're control and are poised to "break-away", they're now going to allow those in the private sector (or selected corporations they approve of) to "discover" it in parallel? Guess maybe the answer to this question is in the Pasulka interview? I'll listen on...

Alex has to respond to this very fair question. For me I do not see it. I get the imagination that this is the case. I just don't believe it. That's because there is no compelling evidence. Besides, even if its true the rest of us are stuck here in the shit - so being bothered about some escapees kind of makes no sense - unless we want to die in envy.

The issue is not just the bleeding out of tech into the market place, but what that does to the cultural psyche - and how that impacts on governance and economics. The idea that a break away civilisation gives a damn about the consequences of radical tech innovation on want it is leaving behind is a bit silly.

And I go back to an earlier point - its not a civilisation that is 'breaking away' but a community and a culture at best. I know there are sci fi stories of such things but they make little sense rationally. Let's translate 'break away' as 'escape' and see if that makes more sense. Kinda like Noah's Ark? Now I confess to being thoroughly saturated by Graham Hancock in recent weeks, so I am highly tuned to flood myths. In various cultures alerted individuals and their associates embarked on preserving adventures to avoid or survive the floods. Hancock makes the point that such cycles of catastrophic disaster are not so scarce.

Ergo we can be bleating about 'break away civilisations' in the same way that they assaulted and insulted Noah and his ilk. Not saying this is the case - just please let's not get into any moral conceit about what we imagine may be happening. We can resent privilege and imagine that the disgustingly rich are going to leave us for a better place. But let's be real. The disgustingly rich have been escaping the crap of material life routinely. Of course they are going to get first pick at reverse engineered alien tech - if it is real and if it hasn't been happening already.

So 2 points of interest here. If you are a materialist this will bother you a lot - for no reason other than envy is a singularly materialistic conceit. They go, you stay. You are not as good as them. If you are not a materialist why does it matter? Sure, those who have become rich by crapping one everthing imagine they are going some place better. But are they? There's a difference between self-righteous angst and actual thinking.

I don’t know much about this Delong thing. Is it true that he believes that there are evil aliens who we will need to blast out of the sky with nuclear weapons? I read that was his stance. Tell me it isn’t true. It’s laughable.

I said I hadn't heard anything to that effect... well maybe I was wrong. This video pieces together Tom's Core Narrative from various interviews he gave while TTSA was in formation but not yet launched:

I have transcribed the narrative per the video above and bolded parts relate to the conflict and the nukes:
  1. Universe is teaming with life: various levels of intelligence and development.
  2. Different groups of aliens are interested in humans and human development. Those in the know in government call the Aliens: "The Others".
  3. The Others have both extra-terrestrial and inter-dimensional aspects.
  4. The Others have been here a long time: on earth, in earth, in sky, in Oceans, on Moon
  5. The Others genetically modified primates to create humans and perhaps we are their "property".
  6. The Others have sporadic contact with humanity and some of them are interested in instigating wars between different groups of humans.
  7. Some believe they feed off negative energy and some believe that they instigate conflict for entertainment.
  8. The Others are responsible for cycles of humanity.
  9. Atlantis was real. Destruction of ancient civilizations could be examples of what happens to those who do not conform to the control system created by The Others.
  10. This knowledge of apocalyptic potential is what fueled the government cover-up.
  11. Throughout history different groups of The Others have masked themselves and create different religions as a control system over humanity.
  12. Many of the world's religions are simply Cargo-Cults (likened to the isolated Polynesian tribes who worshiped cargo planes that flew over during WWII).
  13. If humans are busy killing each other, they are not looking up.
  14. Greek and Roman Pantheons, Hindu Gods, Abrahamic religious encounters, etc... examples of encounters with The Others leading to new religions.
  15. New religions lead to war.
  16. Taiping Rebellion and "Our Lady Fatima" examples from recent history of these beings engaged in our politics and instigating war.
  17. Direct quote from Tom: "The entire UFO phenomena is about multiple gods that fight amongst themselves and by design factionalize mankind into different religions to step back and let us fight each other because it has other things it wants to accomplish and we don't notice them because we are too involved fighting each other. Our government knows this. It knows that The Others are instigating wars amongst mankind. There is a component related to human consciousness that we have a lot to learn about, and understand. There are aspects of the phenomena that are connected to what we consider the occult, and a lot of this stuff will seem like magic to people. It's very complex and difficult to comprehend and the government is still actively learning about it. But the fact is there is a physical phenomenon. There are biological bodies. There are crashes."
  18. During 1940's and 1950's there were multiple crashes across the U.S. that changed everything.
  19. Within 3 months of Roswell crash, the Air Force was separated from the Army, the DOD was created, the CIA was created, and these all served as mechanisms for the government to learn about UFOs, but all were siloed and stovepiped and only a small group of men knew about the full issue.
  20. Every time there was a crash, they learned something knew, but they also encountered something that might be deceptive or might be a trick.
  21. Eventually they learned that the crashes were intentionally enacted by The Others as a way to give technology to rival countries as a way to instigate war - to make better weapons, to fight bigger wars.
  22. Through Intelligence it was learned that many of the world's powers had their own crashes as well.
  23. Once it became clear to those in charge that The Others were real and that they were interested in instigating wars, The Cover-up and The Game began.
  24. The US government began a multi-level game of secrecy to attempt to prevent the spread of information and tech to hostile countries and also attempt to hide what they knew from The Others.
  25. When UFO crashes were recovered, secret facilities were built far underground to try and reverse engineer the tech.
  26. The Cold War was an actual conflict, but served as a pretense to build up its military capabilities without concerning The Others.
  27. At times the Soviet Union and the US worked together on this issue and this is one of the main reasons the Cold War never went hot.
  28. UFOs seem to have been very interested in Nukes.
  29. In 1962 the high altitude nuclear test Starfish Prime we brought down our first UFO and learned the effect EMPs can have on UFOs. This was a major turning point for how the US government devised and implemented strategic nuclear policies.
  30. Apollo moon landings: the conspiracy theory that they never happened was started to prevent people from arguing over what was actually seen there: UFOs.
  31. UFOs often flew near nuclear missile sites and turned them on and off in attempt to instigate conflict.
  32. Reagan's SDI (Strategic Defense Initiative) was to deal with the UFO phenomenon.
  33. Our aggression against Iran, Iraq, North Korea, etc. is because we are aware they have possess some advanced alien technologies now.
  34. One of the reasons disclosure is happening now is because civilian aerospace companies will inevitably see structures on the moon and start asking questions.
  35. Another reason disclosure is happening now is by design of The Others.
  36. Tom and company have a long term plan to acquaint the public with this complex narrative. Phase 1 is just getting the public to treat UFOs seriously and convince everyone they are real without discussing what is behind them.

awesome work... thx so much. pls allow me to break this out into another thread so we can build an upcoming show around this

---> http://www.skeptiko-forum.com/threads/upcoming-show-tom-delonge-peter-levenda-ttsa.4379/

I said I hadn't heard anything to that effect... well maybe I was wrong. This video pieces together Tom's Core Narrative from various interviews he gave while TTSA was in formation but not yet launched:

I have transcribed the narrative per the video above and bolded parts relate to the conflict and the nukes:
  1. Universe is teaming with life: various levels of intelligence and development.
  2. Different groups of aliens are interested in humans and human development. Those in the know in government call the Aliens: "The Others".
  4. The Others have been here a long time: on earth, in earth, in sky, in Oceans, on Moon
  5. The Others genetically modified primates to create humans and perhaps we are their "property".
  6. The Others have sporadic contact with humanity and some of them are interested in instigating wars between different groups of humans.
  7. Some believe they feed off negative energy and some believe that they instigate conflict for entertainment.
  9. Atlantis was real. Destruction of ancient civilizations could be examples of what happens to those who do not conform to the control system created by The Others.
  10. This knowledge of apocalyptic potential is what fueled the government cover-up.
  11. Throughout history different groups of The Others have masked themselves and create different religions as a control system over humanity.
  12. Many of the world's religions are simply Cargo-Cults (likened to the isolated Polynesian tribes who worshiped cargo planes that flew over during WWII).
  14. Greek and Roman Pantheons, Hindu Gods, Abrahamic religious encounters, etc... examples of encounters with The Others leading to new religions.
  16. Taiping Rebellion and "Our Lady Fatima" examples from recent history of these beings engaged in our politics and instigating war.
  17. Direct quote from Tom: "The entire UFO phenomena is about multiple gods that fight amongst themselves and by design factionalize mankind into different religions to step back and let us fight each other because it has other things it wants to accomplish and we don't notice them because we are too involved fighting each other. Our government knows this. It knows that The Others are instigating wars amongst mankind. There is a component related to human consciousness that we have a lot to learn about, and understand. There are aspects of the phenomena that are connected to what we consider the occult, and a lot of this stuff will seem like magic to people. It's very complex and difficult to comprehend and the government is still actively learning about it. But the fact is there is a physical phenomenon. There are biological bodies. There are crashes."
  18. During 1940's and 1950's there were multiple crashes across the U.S. that changed everything.
  19. Within 3 months of Roswell crash, the Air Force was separated from the Army, the DOD was created, the CIA was created, and these all served as mechanisms for the government to learn about UFOs, but all were siloed and stovepiped and only a small group of men knew about the full issue.
  20. Every time there was a crash, they learned something knew, but they also encountered something that might be deceptive or might be a trick.
  21. Eventually they learned that the crashes were intentionally enacted by The Others as a way to give technology to rival countries as a way to instigate war - to make better weapons, to fight bigger wars.
  22. Through Intelligence it was learned that many of the world's powers had their own crashes as well.
  23. Once it became clear to those in charge that The Others were real and that they were interested in instigating wars, The Cover-up and The Game began.
  24. The US government began a multi-level game of secrecy to attempt to prevent the spread of information and tech to hostile countries and also attempt to hide what they knew from The Others.
  25. When UFO crashes were recovered, secret facilities were built far underground to try and reverse engineer the tech.
  26. The Cold War was an actual conflict, but served as a pretense to build up its military capabilities without concerning The Others.
  27. At times the Soviet Union and the US worked together on this issue and this is one of the main reasons the Cold War never went hot.
  29. In 1962 the high altitude nuclear test Starfish Prime we brought down our first UFO and learned the effect EMPs can have on UFOs. This was a major turning point for how the US government devised and implemented strategic nuclear policies.
  30. Apollo moon landings: the conspiracy theory that they never happened was started to prevent people from arguing over what was actually seen there: UFOs.
  31. UFOs often flew near nuclear missile sites and turned them on and off in attempt to instigate conflict.
  32. Reagan's SDI (Strategic Defense Initiative) was to deal with the UFO phenomenon.
  33. Our aggression against Iran, Iraq, North Korea, etc. is because we are aware they have possess some advanced alien technologies now.
  34. One of the reasons disclosure is happening now is because civilian aerospace companies will inevitably see structures on the moon and start asking questions.
  36. Tom and company have a long term plan to acquaint the public with this complex narrative. Phase 1 is just getting the public to treat UFOs seriously and convince everyone they are real without discussing what is behind them.

Last edited:

Fantastic summary Hurmanetar. Thank you for this hard work. ;;/?

Direct quote from Tom: "The entire UFO phenomena is about multiple gods that fight amongst themselves and by design factionalize mankind into different religions to step back and let us fight each other because it has other things it wants to accomplish and we don't notice them because we are too involved fighting each other. Our government knows this. It knows that The Others are instigating wars amongst mankind. There is a component related to human consciousness that we have a lot to learn about, and understand. There are aspects of the phenomena that are connected to what we consider the occult, and a lot of this stuff will seem like magic to people. It's very complex and difficult to comprehend and the government is still actively learning about it. But the fact is there is a physical phenomenon. There are biological bodies. There are crashes."

Wow! I have to call complete Bullshit on this for a number of reasons.
1. The argument about multiple gods fighting among themselves suggest no idea at all about who or what actual gods are. That would be an essay or two to discuss - and I mean only a hasty rebuttal here.
2. Exactly what do these supposed good want to achieve ether requires they distract humanity?
3. Our governments know this? Why? What would be the point of informing governments?
4. The Others? For God's sake that's the worst sci fi name ever invented.
5. The statement that: There are aspects of the phenomena that are connected to what we consider the occult, and a lot of this stuff will seem like magic to people could only be written by somebody who knows bugger all about the occult or magic and who assumes their readers know less.
6. The statement that It's very complex and difficult to comprehend and the government is still actively learning about it is true but irrelevant. ET has been talking to many folk who are not government for a long time because they know, from their perspective, government is irrelevant. Governments are artefacts of human physical existence, and are acts of tyranny. They have no meaning on a metaphysical level.

Sorry Hurmanetar, but for me Tom is a bullshit artist. He talks bollocks in my view.

Wow! I have to call complete Bullshit on this for a number of reasons.
1. The argument about multiple gods fighting among themselves suggest no idea at all about who or what actual gods are. That would be an essay or two to discuss - and I mean only a hasty rebuttal here.
2. Exactly what do these supposed good want to achieve ether requires they distract humanity?
3. Our governments know this? Why? What would be the point of informing governments?
4. The Others? For God's sake that's the worst sci fi name ever invented.
5. The statement that: There are aspects of the phenomena that are connected to what we consider the occult, and a lot of this stuff will seem like magic to people could only be written by somebody who knows bugger all about the occult or magic and who assumes their readers know less.
6. The statement that It's very complex and difficult to comprehend and the government is still actively learning about it is true but irrelevant. ET has been talking to many folk who are not government for a long time because they know, from their perspective, government is irrelevant. Governments are artefacts of human physical existence, and are acts of tyranny. They have no meaning on a metaphysical level.

Sorry Hurmanetar, but for me Tom is a bullshit artist. He talks bollocks in my view.

The aliens talk to everyone in the govt? The us govt has over 2 million civilian employees and then about 2 million military personnel. The aliens are talking to 4 million people? IRS employees and prison guards are in the loop? Wow!

Or just the people that are in super SAP+SAP beyond top secret compartments like on the XFiles? If so, how did the aliens identify this small cognoscenti within the 4 million govt employees so as to contact them? Wander around the Mall in DC and execute secret handshakes until the proper return handshake is given? Do aliens have hands? Can they disguise themselves as people on the DC Mall? Maybe they use their psi to tease out the super extra top secret guys and then they beam into their meeting rooms within the cone of silence, to discuss cosmic matters.

Indeed, why do ultra powerful aliens/gods need govt at all? They can't manage things on their own? Some gods they are.

And why do they then screw up and make themselves apparent to non-govt employees? "Znunupho, did you forget to turn on the cloaking device again?!!? Next time we go to earth to mess with humans, you stay on the 7th dimension!!"

And why are gods always abducting people and putting probes up their butts? Alien gods haven't figured out what a bung hole is yet after the 10,000th abduction and probe? I thought they had psi. Maybe they're just intergalactic sexual deviants? And why don't they use proper anesthesia so their victims don't recall what happened? They have hyper drive interdimensional craft and can levitate people right out of their homes, have mind control, but an ineffective anesthesia? No "flashy thing" like the Men in Black?

And how would Tom know what the gods are up to? He's not in "the government". Did a govt employee break the vow of silence? They've never heard of op sec? Why didn't the gods smite the informant down? Again, the "gods" seem pretty lame. I think we have nothing to fear from them.

Delong has a very overactive imagination, a deficit ability to reason, is very gullible and may have an actual mental illness, IMO.

Last edited:

Chris Cogswell is one of those guys who thinks that if one is a NASCAR driver (PhD), then that allows one to drive around in public at 120 mph as well. Furthermore, that lying and pontificating about subjects he knows nothing about, is fine ... 'cuz muh PhD.

Chris cites that the country is divided in two - and 'people who view the world as being in part, spiritual are not talking to those who perhaps take a more rational world view (which includes scientists like him)' - this tells me he is swallowing the same Ashe Conformity baloney. The converse is actually true, he lied - we are patrolled by skeptics who purposely foment conflict between the public and science. And he offered up a great example of this: Even in this show he implied 'I am the scientist and you are all 'children' '. He actually slipped up and used that very word to describe people unlike himself. This style of blatant hubris is the origin of this conflict. Through jackboot plurality they threaten scientists so that they cannot examine such topics. He has gotta move out of his university cubicle and see the REAL world, not his fantasy one.

Chris thinks that the AATIP gimbal video is a stand alone piece of evidence, which is only backed up by the 'appeal to authority of a military chain of command' This is a lie, plain and simple. Please read Not So Fast: Anatomy of a Skeptic Hackjob. He is appealing to his PhD as a source of authority, when he actually knows nothing at all about this subject.

Meta-Materials:

It is a catchall phrase, correct. A meta-material is "A material phase or state which does not naturally appear in nature, or which exhibits properties which it or its constituent components do not normally exhibit in nature or standalone." He did not actually get this definition correct, but he was close... but it raises a warning flag again, that he is prevaricating. If I was interviewing him to work at our lab - I would have smiled, shook his hand and had him escorted out the door with a 'We'll call you'.

I have been President of a Meta-Materials research lab. We used proprietary reactors and unprecedented specialized processes to create materials which have never existed before. We tested them with Miller spectroscopy, Scanning and Transmission Electron Microscopy, Knoop, Vickers and Mohs hardness meters. All these things are no big deal. He used them as weapon concepts of intimidation. A meta-material CAN be differentiated from industry's current ability to create them, by its alpha phase exotic bravais lattice and interstitial displacement depth, and the ionic structure of the smaller atomic radius agent which froze in place a non-natural exotic bravais (boron, oxygen, carbon, nitrogen, etc). Miller spectroscopy, followed by SEM can tell you this very quickly. Again he lied (about his competence with this subject).

He purposely avoids telling the listener about the fact (lie through omission), that with the Melba Ketchum DNA study, seven university labs certified her DNA results. He blathered off a memorized dismissal. Lazy and unethical. Again he lied.

Sorry Eric, I am not a Bob Lazar defender or fan at all (Stanton Friedman did a competent job on his story)... But I don't really care what Chris Cogswell has to say about Bob Lazar, because Chris is fast-handed with the truth (he is not Stanton Friedman). This show was

PURE GARBAGE - A Jamais l’a Fait – Never been there. Never done that. But he is an expert, just ask him. This makes him untrustworthy - I would never use this guy to advise me on anything of a critical nature. He does not practice the logic of establishing truth (critical path).

Last edited:
Chris Cogswell is one of those guys who thinks that if one is a NASCAR driver (PhD), then that allows one to drive around in public at 120 mph as well. Furthermore, that lying and pontificating about subjects he knows nothing about, is fine ... 'cuz muh PhD.

Chris cites that the country is divided in two - and 'people who view the world as being in part, spiritual are not talking to those who perhaps take a more rational world view (which includes scientists like him)' - this tells me he is swallowing the same Ashe Conformity baloney. The converse is actually true, he lied - we are patrolled by skeptics who purposely foment conflict between the public and science. And he offered up a great example of this: Even in this show he implied 'I am the scientist and you are all 'children' '. He actually slipped up and used that very word to describe people unlike himself. This style of blatant hubris is the origin of this conflict. Through jackboot plurality they threaten scientists so that they cannot examine such topics. He has gotta move out of his university cubicle and see the REAL world, not his fantasy one.

Chris thinks that the AATIP gimbal video is a stand alone piece of evidence, which is only backed up by the 'appeal to authority of a military chain of command' This is a lie, plain and simple. Please read Not So Fast: Anatomy of a Skeptic Hackjob. He is appealing to his PhD as a source of authority, when he actually knows nothing at all about this subject.

Meta-Materials:

It is a catchall phrase, correct. A meta-material is "A material phase or state which does not naturally appear in nature, or which exhibits properties which it or its constituent components do not normally exhibit in nature or standalone." He did not actually get this definition correct, but he was close... but it raises a warning flag again, that he is prevaricating. If I was interviewing him to work at our lab - I would have smiled, shook his hand and had him escorted out the door with a 'We'll call you'.

I have been President of a Meta-Materials research lab. We used proprietary reactors and unprecedented specialized processes to create materials which have never existed before. We tested them with Miller spectroscopy, Scanning and Transmission Electron Microscopy, Knoop, Vickers and Mohs hardness meters. All these things are no big deal. He used them as weapon concepts of intimidation. A meta-material CAN be differentiated from industry's current ability to create them, by its alpha phase exotic bravais lattice and interstitial displacement depth, and the ionic structure of the smaller atomic radius agent which froze in place a non-natural exotic bravais (boron, oxygen, carbon, nitrogen, etc). Miller spectroscopy, followed by SEM can tell you this very quickly. Again he lied (about his competence with this subject).

He purposely avoids telling the listener about the fact (lie through omission), that with the Melba Ketchum DNA study, seven university labs certified her DNA results. He blathered off a memorized dismissal. Lazy and unethical. Again he lied.

Sorry Eric, I am not a Bob Lazar defender or fan at all (Stanton Friedman did a competent job on his story)... But I don't really care what Chris Cogswell has to say about Bob Lazar, because Chris is fast-handed with the truth (he is not Stanton Friedman). This show was

PURE GARBAGE - A Jamais l’a Fait – Never been there. Never done that. But he is an expert, just ask him. This makes him untrustworthy - I would never use this guy to advise me on anything of a critical nature. He does not practice the logic of establishing truth (critical path).

TES,
I have mentioned before that I am not skilled at the hard sciences (physics, chemistry, biology). However, I think I am pretty good at grasping higher level concepts if not the details in many areas. Cogswell is clearly a materialist and professional debunker. I get that.

However, I find that materialist debunkers are often correct when they shoot holes in "believer" claims and concepts. You are attacking the man - and not what he says - in this specific instance.

Cogswell clearly stated that Miller spectroscopy, Transmission Electron Microscopy, SEM, etc, etc are readily available and no big deal. I didn't perceive him as wielding these technologies as a club in his presentation. In fact, that they are readily available and SOP seems like a reasonable position to take with regards to Lazar's claims.

Cogswell also mentions that Lazar's alleged metamaterial has been the subject of academic papers and studies since the 1940s. That is either true or it isn't. Cogswell's character (or lack thereof) has no bearing on that statement.

Cogswell also referred to Stanton Freidman's take down of Lazar. No plagiarizing.

Honestly, I can't fully understand your reaction to Cogswell on this matter.

Obviously, I am what Cogswell would call a "believer". That said, it should be equally obvious by now that I do not believe every hair brained conspiracy theory. I also think - really, am pretty damn sure - that 90% of mediums, psychics, spiritual healers, UFO abductees, you name it, are complete frauds (or delusional). I find the James Randi and Cogswell crowd to be obnoxious in their arrogant certainty and sneering, but I also think they are doing humanity a service up to a point. They expose frauds. True, they also throw the baby out with the bath water. It's our job to save the baby. So I don't have as deep a visceral reaction as you apparently do when they go through their debunking routine. I also find the conspiracy theorists to be obnoxious for the same reasons we both have a personal dislike of Cogswell. Ditto the fraudulent psychics etc and the airheads that keep giving them attention and money.

BTW, I also think that a preponderance of lawyers, pharmacy companies, politicians, scientists, assorted academics, law enforcement, doctors, car repair shops.....all commit fraud (or are delusional). Dealing with humans of any stripe is messy and fraught with pitfalls. I left out the so called "think tanks" because IMO, they are in a league of their own. There is a special Hell for those people.

I have never met anyone that is 100% honest 100% of the time; nor always careful, correct and thoughtful 100% of the time. Sometimes criminals of the worst order tell the truth and sometimes priests and saints lie and do horrible things. As far as I'm concerned, each argument must be evaluated on its own merit. I assess the quality and validity of the information separate from the source. I assess the source to understand why it would be providing the information, whether the info is true or not.

Last edited:
Cogswell clearly stated that Miller spectroscopy, Transmission Electron Microscopy, SEM, etc, etc are readily available and no big deal. I didn't perceive him as wielding these technologies as a club in his presentation. In fact, that they are readily available and SOP seems like a reasonable position to take with regards to Lazar's claims.

Logically he cannot broach it as a differentiation, and then claim it is no big deal thereafter - that is an oxymoron.

Back