Anthony Peake, Ferryman? |565|

Could be… I tried listening to Sam’s podcast a few times over the years but he bores me to tears so I don’t really know him that well. Maybe he’s just a dunce driven by emotion despite all his meditating.

When everyone has been kissing your ass/brain for years you maybe start to believe your own bullshit.

Sorry Silence, but I did LOL at Nelson’s response.
Can‘t be said that you follow the majority in this instance, to me you’re defending the indefensible - imo it is clear as day what Harris meant. What I saw as your blind contempt of Tucker Carlson kind of makes more ‘sense‘ to me now.
I gave a whole bunch of examples related to why I see Carlson as an opportunistic carnival barker. I did that in our private conversation, which no one has the benefit of context with you now bringing it up in a cheap shot post. Lol indeed I guess.

Kinda on Silences defense (Not Sam's) here, I'm gonna tear down the strawman.

Sam is not saying the dead babies or conspiracies are ok.
Sam is expressing that he believes the danger of Trump is many orders of magnitude worse than local or temporal atrocities.
Well said Robbe; better job than I did.

What Sam is really afraid of is the potential of Trumps movement to wake up (along-the-way) enough people to tear down the usury slave state, which would render Sam no longer a special boy, which to Sam, is far worse than a few 20-30 million 3rd or 2nd world people dying. Because Sam is an actual supremacist.
I don't see this at all and would be curious what evidence you'd offer. I've listened to a fair bit of Harris and while I don't always agree with what he says, I've found him to generally be thoughtful. I've mentioned the Peterson/Harris long form debates from a few years back as examples of this. I found them to be really good listens; again between two gents I don't always agree with.

Also, how exactly would anything Trump leads some how result in an improved lot for the masses? This always mystifies me. Trump would simply install himself as the new master. New boss same as the old boss.

If there is any actual ideological basis behind Trump besides serving his own ego, I'd be shocked. No one's ever offered any evidence to the contrary; that's for sure.

I gave a whole bunch of examples related to why I see Carlson as an opportunistic carnival barker. I did that in our private conversation, which no one has the benefit of context with you now bringing it up in a cheap shot post. Lol indeed I guess.

Oh, come on.
I‘ve no objection to posting our posts about Tucker here, you dismiss him even when he is talking imminent sense. It‘s not nice being on the receiving end, is it?

Sam Harris sounds like he was hypnotized by Sam Harris.
You really don't like Sam Harris — do you?
My Status post from 5/20/21
"The only exceptional thing about Sam Harris is his super-ability to condescend without emoting. Which is probably the purpose for all his meditation."
Maybe you're right about Harris being condescending — maybe not. What I think he'd probably agree with is that if you get what he's saying, then whether or not he's being condescending isn't relevant to the points he's making. Coloring 2 + 2 = 4 in your mind with a tone that you perceive as condescending doesn't change the math.

Last edited:
Also, how exactly would anything Trump leads some how result in an improved lot for the masses? This always mystifies me. Trump would simply install himself as the new master. New boss same as the old boss.

If there is any actual ideological basis behind Trump besides serving his own ego, I'd be shocked. No one's ever offered any evidence to the contrary; that's for sure.

Thanks. You just helped me create the imagery to tear down this other strawman.

The imagery: Surfer and a wave. The wave is awesome without the surfer, but the surfer brings the sport.
Trumps (Most of them) followers have always known he's not the hero, they're just greatful he was willing to stand up and say the things they believed, while the DNC was busy supressing Bernie who represented all the things the real left believes.

Trump was never the hero. God (of the good of the people) is the hero, and a large % of Trumps followers believe God could use him to bull-in-a-china-shop bring-down the sham two party military industry/corporatocracy that is the current state of the US and give an opportunity to win it back for the people. Unfortunately, Trump bowed down to all the same controllers and yada yada.. But those people(majority of his followers) are still the real majority and want in their hearts freedom for the whole world and the collapse of all forms of slavery (including medical, financial, etc).
The idea that Trump was the hero is a giant strawman. Probably gave the media all the more reason to go 1000% 10 trump-mentions per second for 4 years straight, with much of it ongoing to this day.
Like Jimmy Dore says, They're only freaking out because their cause and their movement is too weak to defeat a sleazy gameshow host.

Last edited:
Oh, come on.
I‘ve no objection to posting our posts about Tucker here, you dismiss him even when he is talking imminent sense. It‘s not nice being on the receiving end, is it?
Just expected more from you is all. No worries, I'll get over it quickly.

Robbie, rewatch at the timestamp I provided. Sam Harris explicitly says the conspiracy to censor Trump was warranted. No amount of mental gymnastics can get around that.

I get what Harris is saying. What I don't get is why anyone would be particularly upset over it. So what if a bunch of people think Trump should be deplatformed? I can think of at least one good reason — conflict of interest. I also think that advocating for this that or the other thing is a right that people should have, even if it goes against the views of others. What actually happens as a result that is what we need to be concerned about.

I've listened to a fair bit of Harris and while I don't always agree with what he says, I've found him to generally be thoughtful.

How do you explain the words of Sam Harris at the timestamp I provided? I don't understand how you or Robbie can be interpreting such an explicit message so radically differently to what Sam Harris actually said.

I've mentioned the Peterson/Harris long form debates from a few years back as examples of this. I found them to be really good listens; again between two gents I don't always agree with.

Jordan Peterson is a brilliant communicator, but his view of religion is absurd, especially his attempt to synthesise Christianity and Nietzsche.

On the contrary, Sam Harris explicitly said the conspiracy to censor Trump was warranted.
If we're going to tear down Harris correctly we cant pretend like we don't understand the bullshit he's trying to play. We understand it. And he's bullshitting.
This "He's ok with conspiracy." and "He's okay with killing babies." is the exact strawman Harris is holding up for you to attack. The structure he's really defending is his special boy club. He's happy if you attack his strawman all day.
(Brace yourself)
In fact, if you attack it (The Fact that he can get away with those statements) and nothing happens to him (no loss of social points) Sam therefore INCREASES his status/power as special boy.
Get it?

Last edited:
Thanks. You just helped me create the imagery to tear down this other strawman.

The imagery: Surfer and a wave. The wave is awesome without the surfer, but the surfer brings the sport.
Trumps (Most of them) followers have always known he's not the hero, they're just greatful he was willing to stand up and say the things they believed, while the DNC was busy supressing Bernie who represented all the things the real left believes.

Trump was never the hero. God (of the good of the people) is the hero, and a large % of Trumps followers believe God could use him to bull-in-a-china-shop bring-down the sham two party military industry/corporatocracy that is the current state of the US and give an opportunity to win it back for the people. Unfortunately, Trump bowed down to all the same controllers and yada yada.. But those people(majority of his followers) are still the real majority and want in their hearts freedom for the whole world and the collapse of all forms of slavery (including medical, financial, etc).
The idea that Trump was the hero is a giant strawman. Probably gave the media all the more reason to go 1000% 10 trump-mentions per second for 4 years straight, with much of it ongoing to this day.
Like Jimmy Dore says, They're only freaking out because their cause and their movement is too weak to defeat a sleazy gameshow host.
So there is no cult of personality at all amongst the American populace? All the pro-Trump populace have this nuanced understanding of Trump as a useful con man to be tossed aside once he's no longer useful?

I'd be curious to know how you've come to such a conclusion. There seem to be a LOT of voters who hold Trump in a position of reverence nothing like what you've described.

Jordan Peterson vs Sam Harris is a frame the game masters promote too. It's the same old bs spiel of two fake choices: Christianity vs Atheism

Similarly:
Democrat vs Republican
Biden vs Trump
Etc. ad nauseum
Either choice, the game masters win

How do you explain the words of Sam Harris at the timestamp I provided? I don't understand how you or Robbie can be interpreting such an explicit message so radically differently to what Sam Harris actually said.
Because a 30 second soundbite is without context. I listened to the entire interview. He was effectively saying that anything that doesn't directly impact voting mechanics is fair game in today's political arena. Mistruths, half truths, lies, etc. I think he went too far, but there was some nuance to what he was trying to communicate (to my ear at least).

So there is no cult of personality at all amongst the American populace? All the pro-Trump populace have this nuanced understanding of Trump as a useful con man to be tossed aside once he's no longer useful?

I'd be curious to know how you've come to such a conclusion. There seem to be a LOT of voters who hold Trump in a position of reverence nothing like what you've described.
Fanaticism + Trauma. In private civil conversation, those same people would probably all, to a man, concede that Trump is just a politician and just a servant. But since they have the God-connotation like God sent him, or he's trying to do what God wants... it gets creepy, yes.

Because a 30 second soundbite is without context. I listened to the entire interview. He was effectively saying that anything that doesn't directly impact voting mechanics is fair game in today's political arena. Mistruths, half truths, lies, etc. I think he went too far, but there was some nuance to what he was trying to communicate (to my ear at least).

Harris said explicitly that the censorship of Trump was a conspiracy and a warranted one. He says essentially the same thing elsewhere in the interview, such as at the 15:00 timestamp. That you and Robbie deny this is mind-boggling.

Harris said explicitly that the censorship of Trump was a conspiracy and a warranted one. He says essentially the same thing elsewhere in the interview, such as at the 15:00 timestamp. That you and Robbie deny this is mind-boggling.
I didn't deny that. I just pointed out that he's lying about why he cares about defeating Trump.

the umtrustworthy, despicable character of the professional sceptic Sam Harris is what I want to draw attention to)

Robbie, maybe we agree then... As I wrote above to introduce this topic, Sam Harris is demonstrably untrustworthy and has a despicable character.

That he's still respected by many people is shocking, but then again many people admire horrible individuals

Back