Are we misusing orbit?

Now mankind is actively using near-earth orbit for various kinds of satellite technologies. New satellites are launched weekly. Meteorological, telecommunication, internet, 6g, etc.

Can we say that science is wrong about the benefits of satellites in orbit?
For example, is it logical to use something like Sentinel-6 for ocean mapping? Or any of your other examples

With the help of satellite technology, people receive data on animal migration. This allows not only tracking animals but also preventing the actions of poachers. Of course, drones on Earth are additionally used to complete the picture. But still, this is one of the things that make satellite technology useful.

I think I poorly expressed my idea. Now scientists are actively expressing their position on the Kessler Syndrome in orbit. At the moment, the amount of space debris is estimated at 60,000 fragments. And there will only become more garbage. Several groups of scientists are proposing plans to clean up the orbit. Space companies are developing space tugs for this purpose. And this led me to think that perhaps we are misusing the orbit. Perhaps you need to completely change the concept. Perhaps it is worth considering creating an infrastructure that can serve itself?

Nice day for a Resurrection anyone? Are Tommy or David still around? I might have some relevant information regarding this whole orbit abuse conundrum, but it’s likely going to involve the cognitive dissonance of getting through idk like a 1/2 century of dogma, brainwashing and indoctrination. So who’s up for some of that?

Can we say that science is wrong about the benefits of satellites in orbit?

I would just change “science” to Nasa & shorten the question to a statement like ~
We can say Nasa is lying about both satellites and their ability to perpetually fall into orbit around earth.
And I would add ~ lying about the ability of anything to orbit around anything else based on the theory of gravity.

At the moment, the amount of space debris is estimated at 60,000 fragments. And there will only become more garbage. Several groups of scientists are proposing plans to clean up the orbit. Space companies are developing space tugs for this purpose. And this led me to think that perhaps we are misusing the orbit.

(face palm) not at you Tommy, at nasa and this world. Do you find it suspect that with 60 thousand fragments of space junk plus how many supposed satellites you never see any of it in nasa’s supposed ISS feeds? All this talk about space chain gangs and space companies and space tugs is leading me to believe perhaps they are severely misusing their perceived positions of authority to abuse their power and your trust.

Perhaps it is worth considering creating an infrastructure that can serve itself?

I’m thinking no on the infrastructure, I think it’s time to trim the fat and bring back the truth and honesty.

Now Who’s with me? Lol

Back