Charlie Robinson, Octopus of Control |522|

What-the-fuck do hyphens have to do with anything..?!.. I'm offended!
So you don't happen to like them - happen to be good friends of mine.
Shit man - i think I'm gonna hyphenate the WHOLE WORLD.
And another thing, commas are a weak ass excuse for a pronunciation article, perhaps they should be banned altogether.
Next thing you know it'll be parentheses..

Brother, we must keep walking down this route of punctuation holocaust, but most of all, we shall not kill air quotes!

Reactions: Ted

Yo Alex, doggy, thanks for keeping it real! Every time I see anything negative about my brother Alex, I think to myself, "Do any of you assholes actually think about anything?"

Dude, we are all fucking lost and none of us really know shit. I think that is a good starting point. Nevertheless, there are some good plumbers, doctors, builders, machinists, and even potters out there. Can we at least agree that this vaccine mandate shit is tyranny?

Reactions: Ted
I've been a fan of Joe since about 2008 listening to his comedy bits on Pandora. I started following his podcast about episode 100ish. He's somewhat of a hero of mine because he pulled me very far left politically from where I was.
He continues to surprise me on his ability to long-game difficult challenges which display as simple.

"They lied."
"Doesn't it bother you that they lied?"
etc..
He was able to communicate this to Sanjay and to the world simultaneously. So well so, that CNN had to respond to it by having Brian Stelter apologize to Bari Weiss, as some sort of voodoo-doll tribute payment for getting caught for lying. As if to say "look, we can be goood... we not alll baaad..... If we responsible in part for crash the uh-conomy and undermine the USA we didnt' mean it.."

Whereas, I think Joe had a strong sense that Sanjay would have successfully danced around any scientific/current-evidence gotchas.. which (dancing around shit) is kind of the main skill of any MSM talking head.

Robby, god brother, love you through and through, and I understand the Joe Rogan addiction. I loved and love that mother fucker. In fact, my younger brother was training with Eddie Bravo at 10th planet, and was behind the scenes at his shows in Cali, years ago. I love Joe as well. Fuck man, I am a die hard UFC fan! Nevertheless, I have to call a spade a spade. Joe Rogan keeps it comfortable for his pocket book. The Sanjay Gupta thing is total pro wrestling. I admit, I love pro wrestling, but this is bad script!

Run this back through your mind: why in the fuck does Joe Rogan not ask about why pharmaceutical companies have complete legal immunity from side effects? He doesn't event approach the subject matter. Instead, he pontificates ivermectin. Dude, I believe the shit does work whether it cures horses of worms or not!

Forget about ivermectin, why doesn't anybody talk about chlorine dioxide? Why doesn't anybody mention Andreas Kalcker?

why in the fuck does Joe Rogan not ask about why pharmaceutical companies have complete legal immunity from side effects? He doesn't event approach the subject matter. Instead, he pontificates ivermectin. Dude, I believe the shit does work whether it cures horses of worms or not!

Forget about ivermectin, why doesn't anybody talk about chlorine dioxide? Why doesn't anybody mention Andreas Kalcker?

I fully understand your perspective. I believe it's a long game issue.

Gupta would have danced around the legal immunity issue with ease. He was probably hoping to get that question. Probably would have responded with something like:
"Well, we need to go back to when Trump was in office.." (or some other OBVIOUS obfuscation) "...and in order to get these vaccines to all the peopel who needed them we had do get past these road blocks..."
Bam, it's defused in the ears of anyone who was on the fence.

Whereas, Gupta was unable to evade the simplicity of the "they lied" approach.

CNN will probably have Gupta approach Rogan for a round 2, or send him someone they feel is more prepared.. at which time, the ground work (they lie) would be far better laid to approach with the "immunity" question.

Gupta would have danced around the legal immunity issue with ease. He was probably hoping to get that question. Probably would have responded with something like:
"Well, we need to go back to when Trump was in office.." (or some other OBVIOUS obfuscation) "...and in order to get these vaccines to all the peopel who needed them we had do get past these road blocks..."

CNN will probably have Gupta approach Rogan for a round 2, or send him someone they feel is more prepared.. at which time, the ground work (they lie) would be far better laid to approach with the "immunity" question.

I am sure that they ran scripts for Gupta to dance around the legal immunity issue, but that is akin to playing flint patty cake over a barrel of gunpowder. They reasoned that the audience would heavily revolt against such a charade.

I don't think Gupta had to avoid the "they lied" approach. Also, Joe Rogan is kind of full of shit. Just watch a few of his episodes. I watched waaaay too many, but this guy is lacking in sincerity, in my opinion. Granted, still love him more than most celebrities, but listen enough and you will hear it if you have even a remote bullshit meter.

The Sanjay Gupta thing is total pro wrestling. I admit, I love pro wrestling, but this is bad script!

haha... totally agree. did you see the video where gupta went back on CNN and bragged about how brave he was to sit across from rogan for 3 hours.

I'm trying to think of the right WWE analogy but nothing comes to mind, maybe you can help me out :)

I think this was a big win for CNN and Gupta. It's all about framing the shot... the medium is the message.

it's about putting ronald reagan on that horse with a hat on his head... no one gives a s*** what he says after that. put Gupta across from rogan looking good and sounding calm relaxed and reasonable and you win.

I am sure that they ran scripts for Gupta to dance around the legal immunity issue, but that is akin to playing flint patty cake over a barrel of gunpowder. They reasoned that the audience would heavily revolt against such a charade.

I don't think Gupta had to avoid the "they lied" approach. Also, Joe Rogan is kind of full of shit. Just watch a few of his episodes. I watched waaaay too many, but this guy is lacking in sincerity, in my opinion. Granted, still love him more than most celebrities, but listen enough and you will hear it if you have even a remote bullshit meter.
I hate to go full defense and look like I'm shilling, but Joe is a martial artist.... then a comedian... then an actor... then an stoner... then an alien/space enthusiast... then a conversationalist... then a talk show host... then a businessman... then somehow someone who interviews presidential candidates, then (God Save Us!) one of the few remaining mostly-prominent-but-uncompromised voices of reason (which he has always adamantly begged the world not need him to be).
He couldn't make it any more obvious that he's not setting out to save the world or to be perceived as doing so. The world is begging for someone good to save it. Joe is just a good person who often expresses being (rightly) embarrassed that the above description probably sounds like it was pulled right from the script of the movie Idiocracy.

I hate to go full defense and look like I'm shilling, but Joe is a martial artist.... then a comedian... then an actor... then an stoner... then an alien/space enthusiast... then a conversationalist... then a talk show host... then a businessman... then somehow someone who interviews presidential candidates, then (God Save Us!) one of the few remaining mostly-prominent-but-uncompromised voices of reason (which he has always adamantly begged the world not need him to be).
He couldn't make it any more obvious that he's not setting out to save the world or to be perceived as doing so. The world is begging for someone good to save it. Joe is just a good person who often expresses being (rightly) embarrassed that the above description probably sounds like it was pulled right from the script of the movie Idiocracy.
Fair enough... I agree, I'm glad he's out there... but he's also become the new-MSM for a lot of us. don't you think additional scrutiny should come with that?

Fantastic interview with a guy who wrote a book about the billionaires who gather making their plans in DAVOS.
Feel free to skip the extro of K&K babbling, the intro is a little more informative, as Kyle goes off on all the things Biden COULD be doing but HASN'T which would make him super popular.
But it's fascinating to see how bent capitalism has become to allow these folks to run everything. I'm with the author in that, I'm a capitalist who wants to see the system restored.
https://player.fm/series/krystal-kyle-friends/episode-57-audio-peter-goodman

Fantastic interview with a guy who wrote a book about the billionaires who gather making their plans in DAVOS.
Feel free to skip the extro of K&K babbling, the intro is a little more informative, as Kyle goes off on all the things Biden COULD be doing but HASN'T which would make him super popular.
But it's fascinating to see how bent capitalism has become to allow these folks to run everything. I'm with the author in that, I'm a capitalist who wants to see the system restored.
https://player.fm/series/krystal-kyle-friends/episode-57-audio-peter-goodman

Haha, have to admit, I love Jack Ward's input on all things. I still like Charlie Robinson, but please, people, let us listen to a bit of Jack Ward, too!

Haha, have to admit, I love Jack Ward's input on all things. I still like Charlie Robinson, but please, people, let us listen to a bit of Jack Ward, too!

After 20 times saying it, do I get a Skeptiko mug or something by repeating, "I'm not interested and even bored by people's assessment of me personally, but I'm only interested in discussing the ideas."?
Because, unless folks can focus on the actual ideas, what's the Skeptiko forum for? My understanding was we're here to look at the ideas and the evidence and make non-partisan, non-biased assessments of it.
I could be wrong.
J

Society has always wanted simple decisions.
This has baffled people and been a series of invented arguments as to why.
But the truth is, and we've known it for a long time, there doesn't have to be a conspiracy to see society make broad declarative statements rather than nuanced arguments. The most successful personality-based politicians have always known this. KISS (Keep it simple stupid)
We once thought lesbians couldn't exist.
Now we're back there again with different reasons.
Control happens because we have a psychopathy that allows for it.
https://quillette.com/2022/01/23/i-wanted-transition-to-solve-my-problems/

haha... totally agree. did you see the video where gupta went back on CNN and bragged about how brave he was to sit across from rogan for 3 hours.

I'm trying to think of the right WWE analogy but nothing comes to mind, maybe you can help me out :)

The analogy would be akin to the time WWF, yes, I said it, WWF, not fucking WWE because some old bag, that donates to the fucking World Wildlife Federation, got a wild hair up her "bleeeeeep" and decided to "Me Too" the real WWF. Sanja Gupta is like her. Joe Rogan is kind of like WWF before it became WWE. Sanja Gupta is the old bitch that spends 4 hours a day at a hair salon to talk shit with all the other hens, then they put a UFO over their hair at the end of the session that looks like a fucking space helmet attached to a hose that looks like something you would use when dissecting E.T. Also, he probably wears a fanny pack with a fucking panda on it, and it reads "WWF" for the World Wildlife Federation. Finally, they leave, with perfectly baked hair and tattoo makeup. You know, the kind of lipstick that not even NuFinish can take off of your car?

My question for Sanja Gupta is this: was it worth giving up all your belief in the Bhagavad Gita only to be a power bottom for Anderson Cooper! The guy is directly connected, rather, descended from the richest liars controlling the world right now.

Maybe this isn't even an analogy.....just an accurate description.

After 20 times saying it, do I get a Skeptiko mug or something by repeating, "I'm not interested and even bored by people's assessment of me personally, but I'm only interested in discussing the ideas."?
Because, unless folks can focus on the actual ideas, what's the Skeptiko forum for? My understanding was we're here to look at the ideas and the evidence and make non-partisan, non-biased assessments of it.
I could be wrong.
J

I am more interested in Jack Ward as a person, not as an idea. Some people say that they take all theories and ideas with a grain of salt, but I would say those mother fuckers are eating A LOT of McDonald's!

I think that what makes the Skeptiko forum beautiful is this: we are truly free thinkers! I like the idea of this Platonic universe where non-partisan, non-biased evidence could and should exist, but it simply is wishful thinking. To exist is to be partisan and biased. What I think is wrong is to demonize perspective, and that is what happens when we invent terminology like "partisan" and "biased." I thought we could simplify this into "experienced," "inexperienced," "naïve," "creative," or "just plain stupid."

Nevertheless, nothing is more annoying then idiots that think everything is just perspective.

Back