Charlie Robinson, Taming the Octopus |580|

Alex

Administrator
Charlie Robinson, Taming the Octopus |580|
by Alex Tsakiris | Jan 31 | Skepticism
Tweet
Author and podcaster Charlie Robinson… octopus of control… does WEF mean MAGA… junk conspiracy.
skeptiko-580-charlie-robinson-1-300x300.jpg

Awesome show. Really dug several of the threads here.

Thinking about BLM. Not near enough dip into that but I don’t think that was the intent. I liked the idea of “satanic” when it comes to the over riding, and subcutaneous drive for someone or something to bid for domineering control over others. Whatever satanic means really. And I’m not being “smart”. I don’t know. Slavery, trafficking, tyranny being refined elements of this. Now, I’m taking some concepts of what you guys were hitting on and I’m hinting at deeper points that you guys didn’t touch on in so many words. I don’t think that’s where you guys wanted to go but it perked my ears up big time.

Furthermore. I’ve been to China. Spent a decade going in and out of the region and working for a company based in Hong Kong. Russia is a mess, yes. And China is too in ways, in so far as coordinating their complex operations. But they are dangerous, and wound be horrible to contend with personally. As a free thinking spiritual person, to live under Xi’s regime or one influenced by Xi, is, and would be, hell. Satanic comes to mind again. I also read Perkin’s COEH as well (a smug elitist, luxury belief system holder in the end, who made his blood money and then said how nasty we all were for it)

The thing about the 21st century - it seems sane and functional people are struggling against a master plan of gaslighting. Postmodern “lived experience” identity based, self established reality, is indeed a real threat to civil society let alone spiritual growth. It promotes destruction of foundations before knowing what should have been built instead or what to build in its place in the apocalypse after the “revolution”.

I like the Macroaggression podcast at times but what was great about you speaking with him, Alex, was your ability to question the occasional over statements. And in that environment, he was far more powerful than on his own. In this way - an interesting concept of “keeping the room clean” for alt media exists.

The thing about the 21st century - it seems sane and functional people are struggling against a master plan of gaslighting. Postmodern “lived experience” identity based, self established reality, is indeed a real threat to civil society let alone spiritual growth. It promotes destruction of foundations before knowing what should have been built instead or what to build in its place in the apocalypse after the “revolution”.
Except that I think it started in the last century, I feel exactly the same:

1) Scientists measure a minute change in temperature and claim that this is evidence of the terrible effects of CO2 which require us to totally change our lifestyle. Anyone who objects, including climatologists, are simply bad-mouthed. Gradually we learn that not every country needs to lower their CO2, only the Western ones.

2) A scientist 'discovers' that we all have a sexuality (who we are attracted to) and a gender. This 'discovery' isn't really challenged, but suddenly schools have to incorporate the idea in their syllabuses, and toilets have to be re-designed. Gradually we discover that people can change their gender at a whim (without medical intervention), which causes even more chaos that shakes even politicians.

As the madness advances, we are told that children may be taken away from their parents if the parents try to dissuade their children from transitioning!

3) The former CEO of a software firm, tells us repeatedly that a pandemic is about to appear. The definition of a pandemic is adjusted, and then COVID is born. This weird disease is seems no more deadly than any other bug, but kills people who are mostly at deqth's door already. Hundreds of billions of dollars are wasted on this pandemic. Then we get a 'vaccine' (which isn't really a vaccine, but that is OK, because Wikipedia adjusts its definition of a vaccine to include the new technology. By now the alt press is full of evidence that these shots kill many people and injure more. People are still encouraged to go and get the next shot.

4) Some individuals become obscenely rich - so rich that they can indulge every whim they want. They find a good way to do this is to become a 'philanthropist'. That alows them to spend their mony on anything they want, and politicians mostly fall in line. Thus the immense suffering caused by people migrating to distant parts of the globe, is ignored. Spending the same amount of money to help these people where they lived would be far more effective - but the 'philanthropists' make the decision.

4) A senile man is elected US president, and hardly surprisingly, we now seem to be on the verge of a truly catastrophic war.

Etc.

I feel like I am watching the fall of Rome with the added complication of nuclear weapons and the fact that most of us don't have the resources or knowledge to feed ourselves in the aftermath.

I am glad that for a number of reasons we decided not to have children.

David

Last edited:
. I liked the idea of “satanic” when it comes to the over riding, and subcutaneous drive for someone or something to bid for domineering control over others. Whatever satanic means really. And I’m not being “smart”. I don’t know. .

I'm not a fan of the word 'satanic'. Too loaded with Christian theology imo

an interesting concept of “keeping the room clean” for alt media exists.

Agreed, that's very much needed in the alternative scene. It's amazing how friendly debating seems to have become an almost lost art in many circles

Except that I think it started in the last century, I feel exactly the same:

1) Scientists measure a minute change in temperature and claim that this is evidence of the terrible effects of CO2 which require us to totally change our lifestyle. Anyone who objects, including climatologists, are simply bad-mouthed. Gradually we learn that not every country needs to lower their CO2, only the Western ones.

2) A scientist 'discovers' that we all have a sexuality (who we are attracted to) and a gender. This 'discovery' isn't really challenged, but suddenly schools have to incorporate the idea in their syllabuses, and toilets have to be re-designed. Gradually we discover that people can change their gender at a whim (without medical intervention), which causes even more chaos that shakes even politicians.

As the madness advances, we are told that children may be taken away from their parents if the parents try to dissuade their children from transitioning!

3) The former CEO of a software firm, tells us repeatedly that a pandemic is about to appear. The definition of a pandemic is adjusted, and then COVID is born. This weird disease is seems no more deadly than any other bug, but kills people who are mostly at deqth's door already. Hundreds of billions of dollars are wasted on this pandemic. Then we get a 'vaccine' (which isn't really a vaccine, but that is OK, because Wikipedia adjusts its definition of a vaccine to include the new technology. By now the alt press is full of evidence that these shots kill many people and injure more. People are still encouraged to go and get the next shot.

4) Some individuals become obscenely rich - so rich that they can indulge every whim they want. They find a good way to do this is to become a 'philanthropist'. That alows them to spend their mony on anything they want, and politicians mostly fall in line. Thus the immense suffering caused by people migrating to distant parts of the globe, is ignored. Spending the same amount of money to help these people where they lived would be far more effective - but the 'philanthropists' make the decision.

4) A senile man is elected US president, and hardly surprisingly, we now seem to be on the verge of a truly catastrophic war.

Etc.

I feel like I am watching the fall of Rome with the added complication of nuclear weapons and the fact that most of us don't have the resources or knowledge to feed ourselves in the aftermath.

I am glad that for a number of reasons we decided not to have children.

David

Well described David. But I think there's a lot of hope there. The official narrative about the jabs is collapsing. Outside the West, basically nobody cares about the co2, gender and race-baiting agendas going on in the West. Meanwhile, the Western states (psychopaths in power) seem to be losing control globally, and a truly multipolar world seems to be emerging.

I see a lot of hope in that scenario. Sanity eventually wins. And for the people of the West it will also be good in the long-term I think :)

I'm living in South East Asia at the moment. Many Russians here too. Harmonious, friendly atmosphere between people. The madness of the Western countries seems very far away and almost surreal... As if it's a parallel universe

I'm living in South East Asia at the moment. Many Russians here too. Harmonious, friendly atmosphere between people. The madness of the Western countries seems very far away and almost surreal... As if it's a parallel universe
I keep hoping the story will collapse, but it sure is taking a long time - they still have ads for free COVID 'vaccinations' here in the UK, and sadly some people are still taking them.

I felt there was enough reason not to take them when they first came out. The pressure and distortion of the facts that must have been applied to doctors to get them to conform on this issue must have been enormous.

David

Last edited:
Wait, are you talking about Trump or Biden? Hard to tell from your description.
Well I'll give you a clue. Did Trump start a catastrophic war, is Biden in serious danger of starting just such a war?

If you still can't answer, maybe you are ready for a presidential run yourself.

David

Well I'll give you a clue. Did Trump start a catastrophic war, is Biden in serious danger of starting just such a war?

If you still can't answer, maybe you are ready for a presidential run yourself.

David

Churchill must be turning in his grave. Carastrophic war? Take a chill pill.

Churchill must be turning in his grave. Carastrophic war? Take a chill pill.
I suppose you find the idea of hundreds of thousands of people being killed in the most brutal of ways rather jolly (provided the action doesn't get too close to you or your family).

David

Absolutely love this interview! Adore the discussion between Alex and Charlie about how to deal with "normies"! Any real thinker must have had that terrible Thanksgiving, Christmas, or Easter dinner! Remember Easter, anybody? I think that holiday is all but erased! Would love to add a few more explanation points and moral imprecations, but my liberal heart is only aflutter here!

Awesome show. Really dug several of the threads here.

Thinking about BLM. Not near enough dip into that but I don’t think that was the intent. I liked the idea of “satanic” when it comes to the over riding, and subcutaneous drive for someone or something to bid for domineering control over others. Whatever satanic means really. And I’m not being “smart”. I don’t know. Slavery, trafficking, tyranny being refined elements of this. Now, I’m taking some concepts of what you guys were hitting on and I’m hinting at deeper points that you guys didn’t touch on in so many words. I don’t think that’s where you guys wanted to go but it perked my ears up big time.

Furthermore. I’ve been to China. Spent a decade going in and out of the region and working for a company based in Hong Kong. Russia is a mess, yes. And China is too in ways, in so far as coordinating their complex operations. But they are dangerous, and wound be horrible to contend with personally. As a free thinking spiritual person, to live under Xi’s regime or one influenced by Xi, is, and would be, hell. Satanic comes to mind again. I also read Perkin’s COEH as well (a smug elitist, luxury belief system holder in the end, who made his blood money and then said how nasty we all were for it)

I like the Macroaggression podcast at times but what was great about you speaking with him, Alex, was your ability to question the occasional over statements. And in that environment, he was far more powerful than on his own. In this way - an interesting concept of “keeping the room clean” for alt media exists.
Interesting thoughts, brother. However, isn't "Christianity" a better example of "over riding, and subcutaneous drive for someone or something to bid for domineering control over others"?

That is the way I see it. Isn't Satanism a sect of Christianity? They are like the cathode and anode in a battery. Essentially, they reinforce each other. In a way, the Satanist is every "bad" element in the Christian. Nevertheless, they are part of the same circuit. When we look for moral absolution through religion, we should see that it is a bullshit paradigm that only reinforces believers by the strength of the negativity it professes to abhor.

Let's use Tony Merkel's "Confessionals" as an example. This guy is all about stating how "Christian" he is. Regardless, his show is dependent upon all things supposedly demonic, cryptid, and ghostly. Does he not realize that the very thing that he is supposedly against is the fuel to keep his show going? How can people be so mentally inept to realize this? Total hypocrisy!

One last thing....if you are allergic to peanuts, then you deserve to die! No peanut vaccine!

Last edited:
Thinking about BLM. Not near enough dip into that but I don’t think that was the intent.

Yeah, a lot of ways to go with it. I mean, sure it's partially a scam/op, but definitely one that seems to be in this gray area. the fact that it resonates at all is pretty darn disappointing.

the other thing that gets me about BLM is the messaging. it's such a one down, permanent victim kind of stance. always seemed strangely in sync with the culture shapers.

I liked the idea of “satanic” when it comes to the over riding, and subcutaneous drive for someone or something to bid for domineering control over others. Whatever satanic means really. And I’m not being “smart”. I don’t know. Slavery, trafficking, tyranny being refined elements of this. Now, I’m taking some concepts of what you guys were hitting on and I’m hinting at deeper points that you guys didn’t touch on in so many words. I don’t think that’s where you guys wanted to go but it perked my ears up big time.

Totally agree... and your points about China really drive it home. I am publishing a show today with Mark Gober that really hits on this. see what you think

I think Christianity, Islam Judaism, Hinduism, Buddhism (and others) are generally a discipline, focus and attempt to intellectually and spiritually identify and merge with a flow (that slips through our fists and fingers) of certain universal systems of energy and consciousness capacity. I say this with humility. It’s only based on learning from others, searching, making suppositions, mistakes and guesses based on personal reflection and what others have done to the same. I have no proof, lock on the situation, nor cause to claim ownership to this statement but that’s my angle. Religion has generally been anthropomorphically tuned, used, abused, co-opted and twisted by humans while we work out our human experience. Some of this has led to the highest highs of collaboration and exploration. Western civilization on its best day is a high note of harmony in this exploration. Demonic to me means the inversion of the harmonic into the feedback and destructive resonance. A short bus ride into entropy and destruction. As humans we are pattern recognition machines tuned to pick up on threats as the short bus to entropy can quickly terminate our little node of observation. Yes, we love that harmony of positive universal vibe but like many old world sages will note, a drop of sewage will spoil a vat of the finest wine. The good news is we aren’t entirely in “closed loop systems” spiritually and culturally speaking in my opinion. A drop of demonic sewage won’t end it all. I can’t go into this because it’s more that I can manage here. But our ability to claim sovereign status as an individual with the rights of our own free thought, allow us to connect to universal thrutgs. In this way we may break away and reform into other groups, cultures and ritual routines. It makes every human experience here on earth (life) quite durable so long as we can keep going and vibing on that positive, regenerative and creative track - in harmony with universal pattens (truths and imperatives).

Totally agree... and your points about China really drive it home. I am publishing a show today with Mark Gober that really hits on this. see what you think

Just wondering if you're continuing with the investigation of consciousness as the main focus. That's what I appreciate most. The political stuff can be very divisive and I don't agree with any empire. The American empire might seem relatively good from Del Mar, but in almost every other part of the world the U.S. government comes across as psychopathic. Most Americans would be better off in the long term without being used by the ruling class for keeping others down too......

I can’t agree with the value of separating the human experience from the spiritual experience. By way of experience and observation, culture must be part of the backdrop of a spiritual experience. Culture has ways of reflecting in society and the body politic. How can one build durability and spiritual rigor unless we all consider the patterns that manifest around us. We have to consider aspects of human behavior under spiritual stress (politics). I wound not want to solely focus on politics, there are better platforms for that. But to pretend this isn’t part of the equation in spirituality is to by way of example, excommunicate Gallaleo’s telescope lens from consideration into how things work because it may make us squeamish to consider what we discover. Otherwise it’s just all academic. And the one thing many have learned recently, is that an over reduction of the whole into the parts is a fool’s errand when the whole must be considered as a part of all the part’s journey into a shared being.

Back