Charlie Robinson, Taming the Octopus |580|

I agree - I would rather hear more science and research and a little less about the endless machinations of people and how they club together. My problem is that I find the human side endlessly fascinating and need to limit my intake. Thats not to say the social element is not important and now and again checking who people say they are against who they really are, who pays their bills and who the go on holiday with matters.
Who are you willing to go get as a skeptiko guest to fill your requirements? please choose a big Target... more fun that way.

But in terms of politics how can one say the same? Voting for the warmonger Hillary Clinton because one's wife is putting on the pressure?

You keep bringing this up out of context. first off, I'm pretty freaking apolitical. I never thought my vote mattered very much and since talking to Andy ( interview upcoming) I realize it didn't matter at all.

Re Hillary this was 2016... before my knowledge of pizzagate and her satanic linkages. knowing now what I know about Hillary and Trump I would have done a write-in

re my vote... I live in the state of California... Trump had zero chance of winning California and hence my vote never had any chance of making a difference.

I draw the line is saying Henry Kissinger was a "war hero"

In what respect was he not.

And this was my point... particularly as expressed in 581. this series on the great reset has given me a new appreciation for something that I always knew... everybody knows... people are complicated... lives are complicated... lots of twists and turns. we are the sum total of ALL our decisions. Henry Kissinger is a war criminal... and a war hero. this is why evil matters stuff.

I think Christianity, Islam Judaism, Hinduism, Buddhism (and others) are generally a discipline, focus and attempt to intellectually and spiritually identify and merge with a flow (that slips through our fists and fingers) of certain universal systems of energy and consciousness capacity..

I agree with this as being the seeming starting point of many religions. However, with great power comes "governmental" control. If there's no system in place to control a society, the people have the power. But when we become so free and powerful, there always seems to come a control unit to squash it and redirect attention back to looking to someone else, instead of yourself, for answers. Which leads into Shane's comment; many religions have become something with an "over riding, and subcutaneous drive for someone or something to bid for domineering control over others". Using christianity as an easy example; there seems to be an accepted lifestyle and mindset that's followed by Christians, but there's obvious logical contradictions that they don't question. Being gay, for example, was said to be something that shouldn't be done, but within the same book you read all about what menstruating women should and shouldn't do. No one gives two shits about THOSE rules anymore, but they still set up pray the gay away camps... I can't see any reason for this other than control of their people.

And this was my point... particularly as expressed in 581. this series on the great reset has given me a new appreciation for something that I always knew... everybody knows... people are complicated... lives are complicated... lots of twists and turns. we are the sum total of ALL our decisions. Henry Kissinger is a war criminal... and a war hero. this is why evil matters stuff.
Yes that is true. For example an investigative doctor recently pointed out that although Sir Richard Doll put a huge effort into proving beyond doubt that tobacco causes lung cancer, he also took money to turn a blind eye to the damage agent orange was causing.

David

It's an interesting discussion. Does anyone who ever commits evil truly believe they are doing wrong? I have a feeling, for the most part, that's a no. My guess is the evil we perceive done by governments and religions factions, things like genocides, were done by people who honestly thought they were doing the right thing, by some semblance of a moral compass. The answer to the question "are the ends worth the means" will almost always be subjective.

Not to mention the fact we are not super psychics who can know the exact future outcome of every decision, and even ones done "for the good of most" may result in catastrophic failure and damage to all.

In regards to the bigger picture things, it may only be possible to discern what was truly good or evil in hindsight.

It's an interesting discussion. Does anyone who ever commits evil truly believe they are doing wrong?

There's plenty of people who openly admit to appealing to darker forces... including a lot of serial killers. I know these are extreme examples but I think it's useful to nail down the reality of people intentionally doing evil.

Re Hillary this was 2016... before my knowledge of pizzagate and her satanic linkages.

Ok. At the time I was surprised nevertheless though, as Hillary Clinton is/was such an open hawk. And that's the main reason why people find empire so odious. Interfering with and taking over other countries. Maybe one doesn't notice it so much within an empire, but living in Latin America and South East Asia gives a whole new perspective. The American empire is even screwing over its fully vassalised states, such as in Europe with the sabotage of the Nordstream pipelines and fighting Russia "to the last Ukrainian"...

Don't get me wrong. I love America. But the empire part is so messed up.

As far as I've heard, psychopaths (i.e. people who have no empathy and even get off on hurting others) also don't feel fear the way normal people do either. They're also the one demographic that doesn't suffer from ptsd. So these fearless, merciless people seem to shine in warfare. But that doesn't mean they're truly courageous (overcoming fear) or a hero (the upward journey of overcoming fear). And who knows what absolutely horrible things a psychopath does in war when they are given free reign to live out their most sadistic fantasies. It's sickening when you think about it.

There's plenty of people who openly admit to appealing to darker forces... including a lot of serial killers. I know these are extreme examples but I think it's useful to nail down the reality of people intentionally doing evil.
I don't mean small scale like murderers and pedophiles, or even just psychopaths doing messed up things to get their jollies off. I mean big scale, things like WEF. I highly doubt Klaus Schwab is sitting there getting off on the idea of killing a bunch of people, I think it's more likely he's convinced he's doing the right thing by telling people they'll own nothing & eat bugs. Same with Hitler; he honestly thought he was doing right by his people. Same with white asshats in America back in the day who killed people of color for using white only bathrooms because they thought black people had different germs. Most major atrocities are committed by people who think they're helping.

I agree with this as being the seeming starting point of many religions. However, with great power comes "governmental" control. If there's no system in place to control a society, the people have the power. But when we become so free and powerful, there always seems to come a control unit to squash it and redirect attention back to looking to someone else, instead of yourself, for answers. Which leads into Shane's comment; many religions have become something with an "over riding, and subcutaneous drive for someone or something to bid for domineering control over others". Using christianity as an easy example; there seems to be an accepted lifestyle and mindset that's followed by Christians, but there's obvious logical contradictions that they don't question. Being gay, for example, was said to be something that shouldn't be done, but within the same book you read all about what menstruating women should and shouldn't do. No one gives two shits about THOSE rules anymore, but they still set up pray the gay away camps... I can't see any reason for this other than control of their people.

Exactly! They do the same kind of scamology against demons! We need to believe these demons are terrible and need a good shit book to help us get past to salvation! We need Tony Merkel and his shit show to tell us how solid of a Christian he is, as he profits off of everything that is apparently demonic! - Or we need a retard like Sam Tripoli telling us about how all this is because of "Dark Arts Occultics!" Spelled like he speaks it! Oh my God, it is all the DARK ARTS OCCULTICS! Furthermore, this asinine nonsense about how we are hear to learn how to get to a higher plane of consciousness. All of this is FUCKING BULLSHIT! Even worse, an ASS CLOWN like Dr. Shiva that thinks he is leading us into raising our consciousness? Is this what we need?

Last edited:
How is what she said "holocaust denial"? What is funny to me is how stupid people stick to placated formalities, albeit perpetuated by comfortable living situations and sustained by the force of habit.

Haha, exactly. Classic case of: Unable to wrap your mind around something? Do an equivalent to hurling manure at people instead.

You can very much be aware that the holocaust happened and that dude probably thought he was doing a good thing at the same time. It's not mutually exclusive. It's a great example of Alex's point on a recent show that not everyone's opinions SHOULD matter. It's an unfortunate outcome that a lot of people who end up in power have, or form, opinions that people *should* shit on. But things like the holocaust are consequences of everyone always being afraid to tell someone they're wrong. We don't live in a closed system for a reason; people need other people as mirrors. Someone on this forum was saying recently his son made a comment about stabbing someone if they couldn't win a game against them. That's not the kid being evil; that's the kid looking for limits. And the parent tells them the limits. And society stays in balance. The issues arise when people who have had 1000s of good ideas has 1 idea that's dog shit, but everyone is too scared for their own ass to say its terrible.

It may be easier for simple minds to tell themselves "that person was just evil", even tho that's willingly cutting yourself off from the greater truth of complexity of each individual while remaining in a closed, egotistical space. Which if that's what Silence wants to do.... well, then idk why he's on here.

You can very much be aware that the holocaust happened and that dude probably thought he was doing a good thing at the same time.
This is not obvious to me and pretty much the exact reason I posted.

Maybe a different angle, and more along the lines of Alex's response to you: Is there "evil" or does your theory regarding an individual's perception of doing good cover all bad actions?

This is not obvious to me and pretty much the exact reason I posted.

Maybe a different angle, and more along the lines of Alex's response to you: Is there "evil" or does your theory regarding an individual's perception of doing good cover all bad actions?

Maybe you should read Mein Kampf.. I have a feeling you'd understand better if you were to. (I honestly haven't, but I know what its about).

I'm not sure there's true biblical "evil" as people think of it. I think there's good and bad people who commit actions they may or may not know are wrong because of personal reasons... and some of those choices have terrible outcomes.

Do I think there are weird freaks out there killing innocent kids and other atrocities in the name of an "evil" god? Yes. But I don't think there's a literal satan collecting souls or having people sign deals to remain in some fiery pit upon death. And I also think the people who do that kind of stuff truly believe the ends are worth the means.

No single theory can contain the truth of humanity.
...unless it is that theory in itself.

I think there's a level of bad action that goes beyond explanations like environment, ignorance, misplaced virtue, etc. That's evil.

Commanding genocidal activity rises to this level in my view.

Back