Dan Shukis, Cosmic Keys Podcast |489|

I'd say we are equally different rather, true we have common characteristics but none of us have ever been duplicated... an that goes for all the races of man as well

This realization of all being equally different quickly dissipates in the twilight of the "modern era."

Relativism is is relatively worthless because it makes no distinction..everything is a relatively the same value.. can you sustain that aurgument about the people in your own life?
Hardly... we make distinctions, weight things.. all things maybe true but some things are MORE true then others

Ha brother, I like that thought, actually, but let us take it a step further.....what if that everything that seems to be relative is the real bullshit? A coworker of mine, who has a unique perspective, told me that "normal" is relative. For many people, this perspective will not fit because their relatives are not normal. Furthermore, it could be that normal relativity does not exist. I think that their is a solidarity to God. I can't stand when people talk about the "cosmos" and so forth. I like to talk about the "look outside."

Reactions: Ted
Ha brother, I like that thought, actually, but let us take it a step further.....what if that everything that seems to be relative is the real bullshit? A coworker of mine, who has a unique perspective, told me that "normal" is relative. For many people, this perspective will not fit because their relatives are not normal. Furthermore, it could be that normal relativity does not exist. I think that their is a solidarity to God. I can't stand when people talk about the "cosmos" and so forth. I like to talk about the "look outside."
You went in a direction I hadn't considered

I think you're complicating it. Relativity is an objective truth. Like expression is relative to every individual and other examples where relative is a valid adjective to describe things

Last edited:
You went in a direction I hadn't considered

Thanks Ted. The directions that we haven't considered are those that make us realize we were only too comfortable with the maze and the minotaur
I think you're complicating it. Relativity is an objective truth. Like expression is relative to every individual and other examples where relative is a valid adjective to describe things

What is more complicating, to contemplate the apparent relativity of everything or to see things as they appear to be?

i kinda get what you're saying on one level that truth just is before any thoughts as to what (a) truth is

I think that it is somewhat like that, brother, but always confusing. We would like to believe that there is a truth independent of our thoughts. I think that is what leads us to believe in an "objective" reality. We would like to believe that there is a reality independent of our observations of reality, but this is entirely impossible to prove. However, there are all these things that seem substantial and mutually observable. I often hear about this disdain of modern behavior expressed as "materialism." This explanation has always confused me. However, let us get back to the word, "objective." I think that is a misunderstanding in itself. Let us take another type of perspective: what if the solidarity of the outside world is actually what God is? - Not some kind of divine creature beyond our grasp, but actually what our physical grasp is? What if the only thing that binds us in harmony is that what we all thought was not heavenly? What if that is the nature of God, and it has nothing to do with our thoughts if we do not pay attention to it?

I can not see how you get to relativism as a objective truth. It is a observation of the 'anybody's' mind/intellect. We may at some point have a consensus agreement on a certain point - or not.
Objective-ness is a consensus agreement ' 'the thing is this'. We agree. We have 'facts'.
In fact, it just occurred to me - objective and agreement are interchangeable .

I can not see how you get to relativism as a objective truth. It is a observation of the 'anybody's' mind/intellect. We may at some point have a consensus agreement on a certain point - or not.
Objective-ness is a consensus agreement ' 'the thing is this'. We agree. We have 'facts'.

I am wrestling with a thought that would seem obvious as to what you have stated above. However, let me clarify, I don't believe in "relativism." I think that "relativism" should be called "lazy thought process"-ism. Also, I think that this "fact" vs "fiction" vs "opinion" dichotomy is wholly fabricated for people that want press for whatever they are pushing.

Ha man, I should get back to your last observation that I didn't contemplate enough per my last comment. Are objective and agreement interchangeable? That depends what line of work that you are in. There is a big difference of objective reality when the shit you are dealing with can explode and kill everybody in the room, compared to anger concerning how many units of sweaters will sell next week. I don't think that they are mutually exclusive, just different.

Yes but the conversation is abstract....however
Consensus mutual agreement are real - they would be the bases of what's real..the gas explodes kills everybody.
Even non consential reality are plenty real to the individual involved ..people get laterally lost in them.
These comments are not always going where i think I'm putting them.

Back