Mod+ Discuss: Getting to the Nuts and Bolts: Coaxing Transformation out of the Paranormal Closet

What do we do with the fringe of this fringe? With MILAB? With people who claim aliens are attacking them with voice to brain technologies, or attacking them with microwaves?

agreed... and "what do we do with" might show our bias... I mean, there are many (proably majority within the UFO community) who see alien abductions in a purely negative light.

And what is the meaning of the transformation? Are these folks literally existing in two lives as many claim, one alien and one human on Earth? Is there really a hybrid breeding program seeding the Earth with halflings? How are the experiencers going to succeed on their mission to turn the Earth back from the brink of destruction? If the goal of the abductions is to influence change on the Earth, is their process really an effective one?

The deeper you dig into the entirety of the UFO and abduction phenomena, then more nonsensical it all becomes. It is clear that there are several veins of experience. Are we gathering around the one that appeals most to our hopeful natures? The one that makes us more comfortable? Lots of questions and very few real answers.

yea, it's like we're missing some really big parts of the puzzle. If ever there was a need for a paradigm shift... :)

agreed... and "what do we do with" might show our bias... I mean, there are many (proably majority within the UFO community) who see alien abductions in a purely negative light.

yea, it's like we're missing some really big parts of the puzzle. If ever there was a need for a paradigm shift... :)

This train of thought again brings to mind the ontological challenge these experience produce. When we don't have answers, we struggle to find the gap where the answers fit. Yet we really don't know if there's any pieces missing or even a puzzle. It brings to mind the Buddhist quote "life is struggle," which often gets reframed by Westerners as a negative thing. But why? Struggle produces growth. Of course growth does not imply an answer, it simply suggests inclusion, expansion and movement. Culturally we seem stuck with this expectation that we can find an answer everything, but the mystery wrapped up in these boundary experiences appear to be pointing to a bigger process that's emerging around growth.

Let me put this out there. We seem to prefer examining abduction and anomalous experience as phenomenon that reduce to a series of isolated experiences and events. But if consciousness really does turns out to be the root of experience, that notion would be turned upside down. Our concepts of where we start and the next person begins would be turned upside down. With this the process of how individual and collective change happens would likely have to be reworked as well as the processes that influence the preferred expression of our individual essences too. What's clear when you draw parallels between abduction and religious and spiritual experiences is the consistency in the depth of the change they can produce. They reverberate and resonate through culture -they cut through the noise and garbage like a hot knife. You see a reflection of an eerily similar process with the abduction phenomenon. But perhaps the nature of the change that's being produced and reflected in the collective is somehow different with this newly emerging trend -just how and why are the questions open for research and debate. I like to imagine the collective human experience as a story and the individual experience as its words. If you wanted to change the story what would you do? You'd start by changing the words. That seems to be one possible version of what's going on -the impact of these experiences could be influencing both the depth and span of our collective development. Or not, I guess they could be isolated, misunderstood neurological backfires or the smoke of an evolving conscious system. John Mack, despite acknowledging he was originally resistant to the idea, ended up moving toward the transformation hypothesis. He just saw too many clients navigating the spectrum from crisis to adaptive, positive change.

[quote="GJ Gaura, post: 3348, member: 162"We seem to prefer examining abduction and anomalous experience as phenomenon that reduce to a series of isolated experiences and events. But if consciousness really does turns out to be the root of experience, that notion would be turned upside down. Our concepts of where we start and the next person begins would be turned upside down. [/QUOTE]

great point... a little outside my ability to conceptualize, but then again that's the point isn't it :)

Back