DJ Kadagian, NDE Deep Dive |549|

I believe there is some evidence that prayer in a general sense works in a statistical sense, but it most certainly isn't a case of "Ask and ye shall receive, knock and the door shall be opened to you!

We need to face the actual evidence.
We don't always get what we want, you're quite right, David. I had an ischemic, (blood clot) stroke over ten years ago that left me over half blind and so I was prohibited from driving. I prayed often for recovery of the left peripheral vision lost in both eyes and in a "slow miracle" way did get some recovery. Now I'm a little less than half blind but I remain hesitant to drive anything other than a lawn tractor. I've asked God through Jesus' name for other things such as a used house or snow blower or tractor and providentially usually got what I wanted for a reasonable price. I refinished the cupboards in this house after I bought it twenty years ago but did a rather poor job of applying the last coat of varnish. If I had waited a day longer to let it dry more they would have been smoother. Well anyway, the idea that I would need to refinish them yet again was repulsive So I began to pray to God in Jesus name to smooth them for me. Although it has taken twenty years they slowly smoothed by themselves. Although we tend to think of the objects around us as unchangeable we mustn't preclude the possibility that they might be slightly malleable to comply in time with our desire/intention. Is this, our reality in fact an illusion produced in the mind of Our Creator for our amusement and pastime? After all, have we not Eternity?

Last edited:
We don't always get what we want, you're quite right, David. I had an ischemic, (blood clot) stroke over ten years ago that left me over half blind and so I was prohibited from driving. I prayed often for recovery of the left peripheral vision lost in both eyes and in a "slow miracle" way did get some recovery. Now I'm a little less than half blind but I remain hesitant to drive anything other than a lawn tractor. I've asked God through Jesus' name for other things such as a used house or snow blower or tractor and providentially usually got what I wanted for a reasonable price. I refinished the cupboards in this house after I bought it twenty years ago but did a rather poor job of applying the last coat of varnish. If I had waited a day longer to let it dry more they would have been smoother. Well anyway, the idea that I would need to refinish them yet again was repulsive So I began to pray to God in Jesus name to smooth them for me. Although it has taken twenty years they slowly smoothed by themselves. Although we tend to think of the objects around us as unchangeable we mustn't preclude the possibility that they might be slightly malleable to comply in time with our desire/intention. Is this, our reality in fact an illusion produced in the mind of Our Creator for our amusement and pastime? After all, have we not Eternity?
Goodness, I don't think asking God for commodities like a snow blower, would make sense.

Bearing in mind that I was Christian until age 20, I did try asking God for a girlfriend when I was 16. That was back in the days when relationships didn't escalate to sex immediately. I felt quite excited for a few weeks, expecting a girl to somehow turn up, but actually I didn't acquire a girlfriend until after I had abandoned Christianity for other reasons.

David

Goodness, I don't think asking God for commodities like a snow blower, would make sense.
But I wanted one of good quality and for storage reasons a specific width to use behind my old farm tractor. With a bit of Angelic assistance I found what I wanted online at Kijiji. The seller even included a video showing it in operation. He was willing to deliver it within 100 miles. I live about that distance away and can't drive. I'm quite convinced It was a made to order act of Providence.

Last edited:
Thanks to my parent's awful marriage I never gave much thought to having a wife so I never asked. I do remember having a crush on Annette Funicello way back then in the 1950's but who didn't? Later and well into my 20's I began working as an apprentice carpenter. Some of the older guys I worked with learned that I had had no experience with women at all. So the teasing about that soon became relentless. They led me into believing sex was something I absolutely, "needed." I finally caved to their suggestion/suggestiveness but regretted it. Guilt caused me to marry that woman I met on the fly but it lasted not for very long. In hindsight I believe the bastards I worked with wanted to get me into the same miserable boat they were in. Save for my angel whose presence seems never far away I live alone now. I'm probably as happy as I'm gonna get here in what is probably Hell if God loves us at all.

But I wanted one of good quality and for storage reasons a specific width to use behind my old farm tractor. With a bit of Angelic assistance I found what I wanted online at Kijiji. The seller even included a video showing it in operation. He was willing to deliver it within 100 miles. I live about that distance away and can't drive. I'm quite convinced It was a made to order act of Providence.
here in what is probably Hell if God loves us at all.
Scale
If whatever "God" is is actually infinite + omnipresent + omnipotent, we would have to consider the amount of humility needed to align the will of whatever THAT is, with out own personal human will (as a being that lives for 90 Earth years). Again, Scale.
THAT being would definitely be capable of caring/understanding any/every thought and hope we individually experience. But that being would also have to account for the Butterfly-Effect of something like:
"Well if I shift the space time continuum to meet a selfish need of this particular human alive on Earth, space date 101.5.9Q.45er, what consequences would occur, not only on Earth, but ever other planet in the continuum...? Does it align with the greater good at this scale?

"Well if I shift the space time continuum to meet a selfish need of this particular human alive on Earth, space date 101.5.9Q.45er, what consequences would occur, not only on Earth, but ever other planet in the continuum...? Does it align with the greater good at this scale?
Logical reasoning Sir. I imagine the Creator and His Angelic agency are continually weighing such matters.

Logical reasoning Sir. I imagine the Creator and His Angelic agency are continually weighing such matters.
I don't. (not to be contrarian but,)
While I totally assume "Infinite God" would be capable of considering and addressing each matter accordingly, I imagine such matters operate more like as running within parameters of program or code... Kinda like when you decide to lie about something and your body automatically responds physiologically. Doesn't that kind of run like a program or code? Meaning you don't have to decide whether you agree with your body's response, it's just The response. This is why I think all the Simulation Theory banter made it so far - they assume that because it's possible it must be likely. Rather than Sim Theory maybe just being reflective of a higher order.

DJ Kadagian, NDE Deep Dive |549|
by Alex Tsakiris | Apr 19 | Near-Death Experience
Tweet

DJ Kadagian is an author, filmmaker and hedge fund trader with unique insights into the near death experience.
skeptiko-549-DJ-Kadagian-300x300.jpg
NDEs and purpose ..
I had 3 powerful NDEs and unfortunately wasn't allowed to get over the threshold or die, and got some fuc... purpose too, which I still don't understand!? It's all just a pack of BS with NDEs, we are all deceived, mislead I can tell you, if life after death exists after all. Some kind of life definitely exists but not as Hollywood and huge bunch of authors and experiencers want us to buy or believe. I call it for a kind of dreamy dwelling for most people. Some trained and chosen initiates and adepts may stil have certain level of awareness after physical dead only. But this particular training can take several earthly lives in such societies. Forget it!
And at last:
What sort of purpose one can have with memory totally erased between lives and forced to start all over again in a new life in prison? Where's the logic here?

Last edited:
An individual post-mortem existence certainly poses its problems. However, it would also be inappropriate to declare it impossible. We don't know enough about the possibilities of nonlocal consciousness to declare it impossible with anything approaching integrity.

A lot of the contents of NDEs can't be considered reliable information imo (such stuff as missions, purported last lives, purported persons, purported realms). I'm not saying those are impossible either, but in general I find the *content* of NDEs very suspect.

An architecture rooted in a kind of nonlocal consciousness, though, has many potentialities. With respect to *individual* survival, the REAL problems (again, imo) have to do with what would constitute the "membrane" around the post-mortem persona that would enable you to have an identity at least somewhat separable from the whole, and what "memory" consists of in that space, for without (preferential) access to what has made you "you" it is doubtful that you could continue to be you.

Both of those issue have possible solutions in principle though, which is again why I would caution about declaring it impossible. In particular, for instance, there is no real evidence that memories are "stored" in brains. This notion took its fuel from computeresque models of physical memory (which aren't really "memory" in the first place, but something else). The life review feature of the NDE suggests that memories and events are noumena that can be accessed independently by nonlocal consciousness, and an entrained version of this is probably what has been happening all along in the living brain.

So Alex did you contact this guy? Been listening to his podcast. I'm kind of on the fence about him.
But, if I had him to contact, I'd be saying. "Let's map out 'The Flipside'".
I'd be interested in these "other realms", a "daily life" experience. What people do on a regular basis. Is there a resting period. Etc..

So Alex did you contact this guy? Been listening to his podcast. I'm kind of on the fence about him.
But, if I had him to contact, I'd be saying. "Let's map out 'The Flipside'".
I'd be interested in these "other realms", a "daily life" experience. What people do on a regular basis. Is there a resting period. Etc..
Yeah, this is a good one. I have referenced flip side a bunch of times but I don't think I've ever talked to Rich. Thanks for the nudge

PS: And an added aspect of complexity, I think it's clear enough that psychic phenomenon is unreliable and can be manipulated by other entities. Likewise I think we need to leave open the doubt that NDEs might also be able to be manipulated by other entities...

It amazes me even with highly intelligent analysts how nonchalantly anomalous evidence can be brushed aside. For example, in DJ Kadagian's Crossing Over book, he just says off-handedly that certain anomalous phenomena in NDEs will not be included in the analysis, such as the appearance of aliens...

But EXACTLY such anomalies are where there could be breakthroughs in understanding what's going on...

nice. I didn't pick that up from dj. I'm going to email him about that

I tried to reach out to Kadagian re his purposeful omission of ET NDEs in his book Crossing Over, but his website doesn't work.

If you're interested in furthering the discussion, I'll let you get in touch with him Alex, re:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220630-170826_Kindle.jpg
    Screenshot_20220630-170826_Kindle.jpg
    489.7 KB · Views: 2
Back