Dr. Dean Radin Brings Real Magic to the Psi Lab |377|

Passio stuff probably goes over some of your heads, not in the sense that its difficult to understand, but you guys have limited understanding of the occult. Which precedes religions all over the world, while being intertwined with it at the same time.

This board is pretty much the merging of Science and Religion, which is a fallacy. Occultism is the father of religion, modern science, chemistry and dozens of other things. This is not a attack on the knowledge you guys carry. I feel like this board is caught in a loophole of redundant topics. "Does PSI exist? "Yes the data is there" "What does that mean for religion".....its like sitting on a merry go round. "What race was Jesus?" "Was Jesus a real person or a sun GOD" Its not productive and its wasting valuable energy. I'm doing my own PSI experiments, and have them documented, I don't need a big lab like Radin or Sheldrake. I simply record my dreams and my experiences. How does PSI work? I don't know the Science about it, it "works" when it wants to it seems. Can I find out how it works? Possibly...through meditation or "trance"

There seems to be a big misunderstanding on this board, that once we prove there is an afterlife, that there is a GOD, and the bible was right and there is nothing more to understand, which is a huge fallacy. So far all the evidence accumulated on this board is that death is a process we are just starting to understand. PSI being real doesn't prove GOD nor an afterlife is real. They are not relational. Life is infinite it seems, I doubt the afterlife just stops and hits a goalpost and all our answers are solved, the unseen sciences are just as meticulous of the hard sciences. Different levels different devils, who's to say we get all the answers at "death" this is comical

Learn to be a good human and stop spending all this time wondering about death

This board is pretty much the merging of Science and Religion, which is a fallacy. Occultism is the father of religion, modern science, chemistry and dozens of other things. This is not a attack on the knowledge you guys carry. I feel like this board is caught in a loophole of redundant topics. "Does PSI exist? "Yes the data is there" "What does that mean for religion".....its like sitting on a merry go round. "What race was Jesus?" "Was Jesus a real person or a sun GOD" Its not productive and its wasting valuable energy. I'm doing my own PSI experiments, and have them documented, I don't need a big lab like Radin or Sheldrake. I simply record my dreams and my experiences. How does PSI work? I don't know the Science about it, it "works" when it wants to it seems. Can I find out how it works? Possibly...through meditation or "trance"
Gabriel regularly accuses Alex and I of being anti-religion - while you accuse us of wanting to blend science and religion :)

Dean Radin's experiments are expensive because he takes extraordinary precautions. For example, he does ESP experiments between two subjects in electromagnetically shielded rooms. Now I would agree that this is overkill, and it is possible to do psi experiments on a much smaller budget but it makes his results that bit harder for others to dismiss. Whether that is worth doing, is maybe debatable, but that is his intention. I don't think Rupert Sheldrake done his main work in a big lab.

I'd say the biggest problem with doing psi experiments is that unless the effect is huge, they are extremely boring - even though they potentially reveal something revolutionary!

I am absolutely certain that if you launch a major topic about the occult, it will be well received. I might even manage to persuade Alex to re-target one of the two closed forums to discuss it, but I'd like some evidence that it is possible to achieve some interesting results.

In the first instance, take a thread and expound your thoughts about the occult!

David

Learn to be a good human and stop spending all this time wondering about death
This is just my experience, but I spend so much time thinking about death because my life on Earth is effectively over, so all I have left is the possibility that there's somewhere else to go.

Gabriel regularly accuses Alex and I of being anti-religion - while you accuse us of wanting to blend science and religion :)
You are anti-religion, and openly so. That's your prerogative. My concerns are nothing to do with your stance on religion, it's the fact you're wilfully uninformed and insist on spreading disinformation at every opportunity. You're prejudiced, and pre-judgement was never more evident than in the Sheldrake podcast. Rupert was stalled from making a point because it didn't fit the preferred view of the interviewer. That's not a big deal, after all Sheldrake was selling a book and all's fair in love and marketing, but it was revealing.

The forum has moved from one in which materialism is discredited and evidence for psi discussed, to one which is far more focussed, and part of that framework is the assumption that Christians are the enemy. It's an unnecessary and distracting obstacle to put in the way and part of a narrative of obsessive behaviour that has seen people leave or be banned en masse. Either forum philosophy has changed and contributors weren't told, or you're unable to join the dots between your responses and theirs. You've got the forum you want, and it's an echo chamber.

[Passio] Might make an interesting Skeptiko guest:

I've watched Mark Passio for more than 15 years. He would not be a good guest because he doesn't bring anything new to the table. He is a fad jumper. His gimmick is his ability to the "100% CERTAIN" about everything.

In 2000 when "Satanism" was popular, Passio got Internet famous due to his limited experience dabbling with some local Satanists.

In 2003 Passio jumped on the 9/11 Truth Train and was all about that.

In 2008 Passio saw the Zeitgeist movie by "Peter Jospeph" and was suddenly promoting the "Resource Based Economy" which was simply a re-packing of the old 1920's Techno-Communism of Jacques Fresco, now with Big Computerz.

In 2012 Passio began promoting "The Feminist Principle" that everyone said was missing from the esoteric.

In 2015 Passio switched to the Enki=Lucifer VS. Enlil=Yahweh Grand Explanation of Everything.

I don't know how he earns his coin these days; probably Pedogate, QAnon, or whatever else is fashionable now.

Fun Conspiracy of the Day

Barbara Bush was probably Aleister Crowley's daughter. :)

4SORzLk.jpg

Barbara Bush's mother was a degenerate slut who did sex magic rituals in Paris with Aleister Crowley in the 1920's.

Pauline Pierce returned to the United States in October of 1924 and eight months later, in June of 1925 she gave birth to one Barbara Pierce, who would go on to marry a young politician named George Herbert Walker Bush.

You are anti-religion, and openly so. That's your prerogative. My concerns are nothing to do with your stance on religion, it's the fact you're wilfully uninformed and insist on spreading disinformation at every opportunity. You're prejudiced, and pre-judgement was never more evident than in the Sheldrake podcast. Rupert was stalled from making a point because it didn't fit the preferred view of the interviewer. That's not a big deal, after all Sheldrake was selling a book and all's fair in love and marketing, but it was revealing.
Well, of course I had nothing to do with creating the podcast, and for what it is worth, I would have made far less of the issue regarding Rupert's Christianity - mainly because I think pushing people hard in these podcasts rarely generates anything new.

I do not think I am so much wilfully misinformed about religion, as I simply have a different model as to how religion works.

So I think that if you were to take some of the worst examples of religious people - Muslims recruited into ISIS lets say, and traced their ancestors back a few generations, they would probably all be Muslims, but most of them would be far softer, kinder individuals - not dissimilar from the folk that fill the pews in church!

The problem is that their kind and caring version of Islam still claims to revere their whole collection scripture, even though it really doesn't - just as a Catholic child given a bible can read Leviticus. That means that people can be led astray by others who simply quote their parents' scripture at them! Thus the softer forms of religion may be wonderful, but they contain the seeds for further atrocities.

Is there some wilful ignorance that has contributed to that view - if so, please elaborate.

David

Well, of course I had nothing to do with creating the podcast, and for what it is worth, I would have made far less of the issue regarding Rupert's Christianity - mainly because I think pushing people hard in these podcasts rarely generates anything new.

I do not think I am so much wilfully misinformed about religion, as I simply have a different model as to how religion works.

So I think that if you were to take some of the worst examples of religious people - Muslims recruited into ISIS lets say, and traced their ancestors back a few generations, they would probably all be Muslims, but most of them would be far softer, kinder individuals - not dissimilar from the folk that fill the pews in church!

The problem is that their kind and caring version of Islam still claims to revere their whole collection scripture, even though it really doesn't - just as a Catholic child given a bible can read Leviticus. That means that people can be led astray by others who simply quote their parents' scripture at them! Thus the softer forms of religion may be wonderful, but they contain the seeds for further atrocities.

Is there some wilful ignorance that has contributed to that view - if so, please elaborate.

David
People of widely differing religious and metaphysical conclusions got on perfectly well on this forum. They were united in the things I said, grave doubts about the standard model and a conviction that psi was a real thing. It was you who stated the existence of psi has clear connotations for religious believers. As the religious are really the only people who believed in the non-material nature of reality since the so-called enlightenment, that's a bizarre claim. When psi effects are written in to the scientific literature, sceptics will claim that kind of psi was never a problem for them, it was the woo stuff they had an issue with. They will find a way of elevating the austere disinterest of the laboratory from the dirty business of metaphysics. That's the audience Radin is pursuing, and you want to convince. You're not prepared to accept Catholics (the tradition I know best) accepted the non-material centuries ago, because Catholics have done bad things. On that basis why try to convince scientists, when they are responsible for the atomic bomb and gas chambers?

So far as a forum can be an institution, you are not prepared to accept that anti-religious sentiments are institutionalised in its structure. As no one is pushing religion, the antagonism is all one way. I'm cool with that, but I think we should be told rather than going through the pretence. I'm pissed off with religion even being a topic, but while ever it is I feel justified in calling people on their prejudices in the same way I'd call materialists on theirs.

So far as a forum can be an institution, you are not prepared to accept that anti-religious sentiments are institutionalised in its structure. As no one is pushing religion, the antagonism is all one way. I'm cool with that, but I think we should be told rather than going through the pretence. I'm pissed off with religion even being a topic, but while ever it is I feel justified in calling people on their prejudices in the same way I'd call materialists on theirs
I tried above to explain my views on religion. You don't seem interested in responding to what I wrote, so I suggest we give this up.

David

I tried above to explain my views on religion. You don't seem interested in responding to what I wrote, so I suggest we give this up.

David
You don't seem able to understand it's another attempt at controlling the narrative. You want things served up in the way you want them, or you suggest "we give this up". These threads are peppered with you offering what you imagine to be well-intentioned advice, but comes across to everyone else as schoolmasterly condescension. This really is about you David, and the manner in which you moderate the forum. I'm sure you spend much of your time fending off dildo advertisements, but that doesn't protect you from criticism. Presenting psi as a favourable alternative to organised religion is dumb on so many levels. As a moderator you should know better than to let your opinions colour your judgement to the extent they do. I'm out.

Crowley was a nut, although he had some interesting points of view concerning magick.
Passio is an independent researcher, who isn't?
He's far from perfect, but if you need some occult 101, he would not be a bad place to start

You don't seem able to understand it's another attempt at controlling the narrative. You want things served up in the way you want them, or you suggest "we give this up". These threads are peppered with you offering what you imagine to be well-intentioned advice, but comes across to everyone else as schoolmasterly condescension. This really is about you David, and the manner in which you moderate the forum. I'm sure you spend much of your time fending off dildo advertisements, but that doesn't protect you from criticism. Presenting psi as a favourable alternative to organised religion is dumb on so many levels. As a moderator you should know better than to let your opinions colour your judgement to the extent they do. I'm out.
Actually we got rid of almost all the dildo ads and related rubbish by making newcomers engage in a short discussion with Alex before joining!

Except on rare occasions, I am not moderating the forum, just posting on it.

David

And this is why I can't stand religion/materialist or people who partake in it. Let's lose the labels and start from the beginning shall we

Last edited by a moderator:
And this is why I can't stand religion/materialist or people who partake in it. Let's lose the labels and start from the beginning shall we
OK I know what you mean, but obviously we certainly want keep a civil discussion. I think the real problem is with people who can't accept, even in principle, that there could be a flaw in their point of view (not mentioning names).

I think that when forums get really heated, they quickly degenerate.

David

This is the very problem with the arts as they are now. I've heard this often "good artists copy, great artists steal' and it's such a dismissive approach to creativity. Yes, it's true, if you need to make a buck. But the greatest of artists did not do this, their piece of the weave of creation was utterly unique and that's what made it special, and that's why they died in poverty and always will, b/c the market is not reflective, in any way, of true art.

I think true creativity is NOT consciously copying/modifying something that already exists. Rather, I like the concept of the Muse (which is where the term music comes from), a force of creativity greater than ourselves. Even when a musician is performing a cover of someone else's song, they can transcend into a special place of creativity.

This is the very problem with the arts as they are now. I've heard this often "good artists copy, great artists steal' and it's such a dismissive approach to creativity. Yes, it's true, if you need to make a buck. But the greatest of artists did not do this, their piece of the weave of creation was utterly unique and that's what made it special, and that's why they died in poverty and always will, b/c the market is not reflective, in any way, of true art.
However, I think your quote has more than a grain of truth, and maybe it wasn't meant to be dismissive. The problem is that those who prize novelty above all else, don't produce anything of real value.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Bed

Maybe creativity can't be produced by a method, and certainly that method can't just be to find something nobody has done before!

David

Back