Dr. Doug Matzke, Is AI Evil? |520|

A symbol has meaning. That which is real is that which is truth. Truth is a useful symbol. That which is useful is that which was successful at attaining a goal. Reality is a set of structures produced by an attempt to achieve a goal therefore all of reality is meaningful to the entity or entities which produced it through their efforts to achieve a goal or goals.

The geography of the earth is very easy to prove. Don’t be so skeptical or open minded that your brain falls out.

I know all this, brother. We live our lives from all of our own perspectives. We are pumped full of shit by media constantly, from every perspective. I am a snake guy, and people usually hate snakes, but I do my best to try to see things from their perspective, though I know that I will never reach it completely. I try to. Years ago, a predominate handler who does shows, because that is what snakes get, is shows, told me that I was the only person in his life that he has ever observed in person to calm an angry African Rock Python. Does that make me great? I don't think so. It was just my passion.

Unfortunately, I have an addiction to honesty. I wish I could give it up. What I am saying is that if you get outside, if you look at what is around you, what do you actually see? Everybody jumps on board when they hear things like "Pearl Harbor is a Hoax" or "9/11 is fabricated." Nonetheless, everybody is on board with the fact that we live on a ball and we landed on the fucking moon. I am not telling people to take me to the moon. I was the jack ass 4.0 student that used to tell everybody that they were wrong, and everybody used to think the earth was flat.

I get Alex when he talks about uber empiricism. What I am saying is that we need to question everything, not just the Romans and Josephus. This is a very difficult hurdle to cross in the midst of everything shoved down our throats as truth.

I like responding to specific statements. Sorry to make you feel in the hot seat.

I work in the lounge by the pool below the gym at my apartment complex. We have a two year old who won’t permit me to work at home and due to the crazy housing market have been unsuccessful so far at finding the perfect house with home office.

Fuck no brother, let's challenge each other! Let us think about this shit! I love your input and thoughts!

Fuck no brother, let's challenge each other! Let us think about this shit! I love your input and thoughts!

Man, let me tell you, your thoughts blow my mind for sure and I sympathize with your situation. Also, I want you to know that you are my brother and I would do anything to help you out. I mean this sincerely.

What I am saying is that we need to question everything, not just the Romans and Josephus.

Just like there is an optimal level of ambiguity and nuance to effectively communicate, there is also an optimal degree to which you should question everything if you want to efficiently achieve your goals.

Can you question everything? Sure and at some point in life you should. Solipsism is a valid philosophy but its use is limited and I would argue that its only use is to deconstruct mental structures that have become too stressful to bear.

So can you question the shape of the earth? Sure. My two-year old is already probing such things... yesterday as we were playing minecraft he wanted to chop down the sun and then said not to do that because he would burn his finger... he's already constructing a map of the world and solar system and at some point I'll have to explain that (given an outside objective world exists and we're not brains in a vat) the shape of the earth is an oblate spheroid and we know this because of x,y, and z. And I would be happy to hear him question my explanations, but if he's 35 and still questioning this I'll be very disappointed and feel like I failed somehow.

Just like there is an optimal level of ambiguity and nuance to effectively communicate, there is also an optimal degree to which you should question everything if you want to efficiently achieve your goals.

Can you question everything? Sure and at some point in life you should. Solipsism is a valid philosophy but its use is limited and I would argue that its only use is to deconstruct mental structures that have become too stressful to bear.

So can you question the shape of the earth? Sure. My two-year old is already probing such things... yesterday as we were playing minecraft he wanted to chop down the sun and then said not to do that because he would burn his finger... he's already constructing a map of the world and solar system and at some point I'll have to explain that (given an outside objective world exists and we're not brains in a vat) the shape of the earth is an oblate spheroid and we know this because of x,y, and z. And I would be happy to hear him question my explanations, but if he's 35 and still questioning this I'll be very disappointed and feel like I failed somehow.

You are a great dad.

Is there anything that isn't a psyop?

Seemingly anything, literally, can be co-opted as such. If so, what does it advance to define something as such?

Hurm's response to Shane on AI was well done to my view. Digital technology is new and the tools it spawns remains nascent. "AI", however one chooses to define it, can be co-opted for unsavory uses (again, like anything else). That said the potential scale of this particular tool combined with society's lack of experience (and associated opaque understanding) enhances the risk profile.

Its not something I take lightly.

Dear Silence, I had to find you. Let us say that all things are psyops. Let us say that your life, your being, your truth and means of survival are all product of psyops. Now that you know this, shall we make French Toast together?

my hunch is that the " flat earth" meme is a psyop to divide the "truther community" and further the notion that science should be left in the hands of scientists rather than free-thinking normies.

Scientifically, "flat earth" is a complete non-starter. consider taking the time to learn how to debunk this. when you can convince someone else that it's b******* then you'll know yourself that it is.
Just finished listening to the episode.
Also just finished listening to Ripple Effect #357 with Lindsey Scharmyn. Near the end they discussed FE. And they nailed it.
"What do you have to lose?" - referring to giving FE-ers the benefit of the doubt and letting them borrow some actual expert attention long enough to get ELI5'ed about it..

Lindsey said the only thing you have to lose is ignorance.
I'd argue that the majority of people are more worried about losing platform.

Ricky went on to push that: The way you respond to this inquiry will be the same way you respond to other Team-based stances.

My argument is that the amateur FE guys have devoted 1000's of hours and 100's of "experiments".. So, for "Science" to say 'Shut up dummy", says more about what "Science" thinks it has to lose from indulging.

To further expound,
How earned is the label "scientist" if one isn't willing to ELI5 something as basic as "how do we know we live on a planet".

Or do we prefer "trust the science"?

-Openminded Glober

Last edited:
Just finished listening to the episode.
Also just finished listening to Ripple Effect #357 with Lindsey Scharmyn. Near the end they discussed FE. And they nailed it.
"What do you have to lose?" - referring to giving FE-ers the benefit of the doubt and letting them borrow some actual expert attention long enough to get ELI5'ed about it..

Lindsey said the only thing you have to lose is ignorance.
I'd argue that the majority of people are more worried about losing platform.

Ricky went on to push that: The way you respond to this inquiry will be the same way you respond to other Team-based stances.

My argument is that the amateur FE guys have devoted 1000's of hours and 100's of "experiments".. So, for "Science" to say 'Shut up dummy", says more about what "Science" thinks it has to lose from indulging.

To further expound,
How earned is the label "scientist" if one isn't willing to ELI5 something as basic as "how do we know we live on a planet".

Or do we prefer "trust the science"?

-Openminded Glober

Father God I ask you to open my eyes to the truth and bless my brother Robbedigital and all on this forum. Show him your love, as he is a great man. I asked for liberty and freedom for all. I ask you to arm us against this COVID curse and give us the resources we need to care for one another. Fuck 9/11, this is 9/30 and we are all together. Break the firmament and flood this earth with your love, flat, round, or otherwise. Know that your creation is exalted, know that we love you, and empower us. Know that I am here to help.

Have you ever considered that propagandizing the shape of the earth, in the first place, was a psyop, flat or not? We consider all these other kinds of psyops regarding E.T. and so forth, then why isn't it possible that we are being bullshitted about what we live on?

on one level of course you're right... that's the appeal. and on a spiritual level it's all bullshit anyway... who cares... love everyone... tell the truth... fill the hole with light.

On the other hand, we live in a consensus reality world. stuff like cell phones and computers work the same for everyone 99.9999999999% of the time.

in this consensus reality world the earth is round.

Is there anything that isn't a psyop?

Seemingly anything, literally, can be co-opted as such. If so, what does it advance to define something as such?

Hurm's response to Shane on AI was well done to my view. Digital technology is new and the tools it spawns remains nascent. "AI", however one chooses to define it, can be co-opted for unsavory uses (again, like anything else). That said the potential scale of this particular tool combined with society's lack of experience (and associated opaque understanding) enhances the risk profile.

Its not something I take lightly.

yeah... enhances the risk profile :)

Technology ... weakens the organism as the organism becomes dependent upon the technology such that the organism must either merge with it or die. The alternative is a great reset (not the kind promoted by Klaus Schwab) where technology in large part is wiped away along with most of those who rely upon it and this will result in a reconditioning of the organism to internal strength.

It is a big problem when we run out of problems. People start looking for other stuff to do and in some individuals this results in fantastic creativity and culture, but most people are not autodidacts or self-driven to produce and require something simple and consistent to do and if they don't have that they become depressed or agitated or just start breaking shit. We need serious problems to solve and wars to fight or nature to fight or all we are left with is "first world problems" and we lose our minds.

... serious tools.

I nominate this to be the theme song for the great reset:

on one level of course you're right... that's the appeal. and on a spiritual level it's all bullshit anyway... who cares... love everyone... tell the truth... fill the hole with light.

On the other hand, we live in a consensus reality world. stuff like cell phones and computers work the same for everyone 99.9999999999% of the time.

in this consensus reality world the earth is round.

Things can be flat and round. Like a circle. But what we are trying to determine here is if the earth is finite and globular. It seems highly suspect to me, that the consensus argument, among astrophysics as of late, is that space is flat. Why is space becoming flat, yet the earth is still thought of as globular?

my hunch is that the " flat earth" meme is a psyop to divide the "truther community" and further the notion that science should be left in the hands of scientists rather than free-thinking normies.

Scientifically, "flat earth" is a complete non-starter. consider taking the time to learn how to debunk this. when you can convince someone else that it's b******* then you'll know yourself that it is.

Two bits of evidence that spring to mind, one that you hear about a lot is the ship on the horizon disappearing after 12 miles or something because the sea is flat and the Earth is curved, the other if you stand outside a town that has a laser light (i imagine it is the same for standard lights if the light had the wattage) going up in the sky from a club or somewhere, looking at the laser light from outside of the town you see it going up like 70 - 80 degrees in the air from where the machine is at, then if you walk in the opposite direction towards a direction where the laser light goes and that has a lot less house lights etc, like more nature, you can see the laser light in the distance literally dipping in a curve to about 40-30 degrees and going down compared to the source of the laser light behind you which is shining up in the air at 70-80 degrees. The curve direction of the laser light is really apparent in the night sky unless i misread something when saw it.
Maybe it would work with a laser pen if the night sky was dark enough and no hills and viewed from somewhere or/and laser pen pointed out towards the sea and viewed from somewhere

Back