Dr. Gregory Shushan, NDEs Vs. Transhumanism |556|

I must admit that neurology isn't something I'm that familiar with. But am I correct in saying that memories haven't been isolated to a particular part of the brain?
I'm trying to tread carefully here, but I had the impression that it's just an assumption that to have a memory depends on the brain
I personally believe our memory involves more than our brain+body. But we know that we process memories in our brain, and even as a layman I can confidently say the muscle-memory includes facts, pictures, etc..
If we speculate on the idea of memory being stored independent/outside the brain+body, then the brain must to some extent be a processor/tuner/transceiver. My point in this exercise is to take this model and imagine exactly when the brain first processes the NDE. It's my assumption that this is important.
Does the whole NDE get processed during revival? or does it download in piece by piece as the person "tunes in" or thinks about it? This seems to me like it should be extremely important because it's probably measurable, but I rarely hear the researchers mention it.
Weird though, that the most common reported description of NDEs is (to paraphrase):
"more real than real"...
That pattern is so overwhelming. And as reported, the NDEs are typically profoundly life-altering, and the memory of the NDE stays fresh in the memory, even decades later...
I think these are extremely important data points.
In those regards, we can then compare them with reported UFO encounters etc.
Furthermore, Cherylee Black said something important in that regard. Does anyone remember? She compared the FRESH memories of her NDEs to some other unusual phenomena that DIDN'T stay in her memory. She said she'd even forgotten about many of those occurrences until she read it in her diary years later
https://skeptiko.com/cherylee-black-nde-psychokinesis-548/
This stuff make it seem definite that at least some memory is stored independent/outside the brain+body. But I'll bet we have to dig in to the the When-&-What-Physical if we ever want help from the full-blown materialists.

Another fascinating post!
I'd been wondering about what we're taught regarding what science is, that it has to have controlled, repeating phenomena observed

But isn't this a huge limitation on knowledge?

It was especially the shape-shifting ET subject that got me thinking about this. The phenomena is notoriously elusive. It seems it's the entities' CHOICE to be elusive. Take skinwalker ranch, for example, with the entities reportedly messing with recording equipment etc.

Considering at least some of these entities can walk through walls, what are the odds that it's going to be exceedingly difficult to keep one in a lab...

Have you read “The Trickster and the Paranormal” by George P. Hansen? Should be required reading for anyone interested in Psi or UFOs.

He makes the case that these anomalous phenomena are all "liminal" existing on the boundary. The boundary is a space in its own right.

Twilight, fall/spring, edge of sleep, surface of the water, surface of the earth, volcano where the inside comes out, seashore where the sea meets the land, threshold of doorway, threshold voltage on which a transistor bit flips, threshold voltage upon which a dipole bond flips in a water molecule or microtubule, etc...

The way our reality works, the symbolic representation of a boundary/threshold/portal means that this is a liminal space where the "mechanism" might break down and the trickster of choice may enter.

The "Trickster" is an archetype bearing a certain antithetical relationship to structure. The Trickster moves outside structure and is often antagonistic to structure turning hierarchies on their heads and replacing logic with randomness. Jesus and the Devil and Bugs Bunny are all Tricksters. When structure is protective and welcome then tricksters are marginalized to the edge of society. When structure becomes oppressive and tyrannical then tricksters are elevated to save society from excessive structure: e.g. Joe Rogan.

So using 'science' (according to the standard definition), isn't it going to be extremely difficult to provide evidence for these entities' existence?

But what if many people have reported such entities, throughout time and across the world... Is it therefore 'unscientific' to say this is a real phenomenon?

Yes it is difficult; however, the rule of existence is: everything that exists bears BOTH similarities and differences to something else that exists.

For something to exist it bears resemblance to something else... from this a pattern can be established and it can be studied scientifically because there is always a mechanistic aspect... there is always a similarity - a repetition in some shape or form. This is why Dean Radin is not entirely wrong. There is a mechanism to discover with science. But there is also a boundary around it where choice enters and that science cannot see.

Another fascinating post!
I'd been wondering about what we're taught regarding what science is, that it has to have controlled, repeating phenomena observed

But isn't this a huge limitation on knowledge?

It was especially the shape-shifting ET subject that got me thinking about this. The phenomena is notoriously elusive. It seems it's the entities' CHOICE to be elusive. Take skinwalker ranch, for example, with the entities reportedly messing with recording equipment etc.

Considering at least some of these entities can walk through walls, what are the odds that it's going to be exceedingly difficult to keep one in a lab...

So using 'science' (according to the standard definition), isn't it going to be extremely difficult to provide evidence for these entities' existence?

But what if many people have reported such entities, throughout time and across the world... Is it therefore 'unscientific' to say this is a real phenomenon?

To illustrate what I mean by saying that, in our reality, if something is perceived to symbolically represent a boundary then that perception of it makes it a liminal space where choice and the trickster are more likely to enter and the mechanism is more likely to break down:

I once had a personal synchronicity with Crater Lake, Oregon. I rarely ever change my desktop background and I live thousands of miles away from Oregon, but I just happened to change my desktop background to a picture of Crater Lake about 2 weeks before I visited Crater Lake on a surprise trip for my 30th birthday.

Several years later I was digging into Jungian psychology and started looking more into Crater Lake and found that it is actually a hotbed of paranormal activity (UFOs, USOs, Bigfoot, etc). Why would this be? Perhaps it is because if you look at it through a Jungian lens, the lake itself is symbolically rich as a liminal space.

It is circular (as is reality itself), extremely deep (think Abyss), extremely clear (seeing into the subconscious), often calm and reflective surface (a symbol of consciousness), recent volcanic origin (where inner and outer meet; where earth, sky, fire and water all meet), a small peak in the lake called Wizard Isle (think Yin/Yang symbol), and then there's the Old Man in the lake - an ancient hemlock tree trunk bobbing around for over a hundred years...

https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/oregon/sinister-story-crater-lake-or/

If we speculate on the idea of memory being stored independent/outside the brain+body, then the brain must to some extent be a processor/tuner/transceiver.
It's fine to speculate to the extent of determining whether or not it sheds some light on a situation. With memory and brain function, the evidence is overwhelming that our memory ( the memory that belongs to you as a person ), is a part of your brain-body system. However that doesn't mean that your brain-body system doesn't also act as a transceiver. That is also supported by overwhelming evidence.

However, if we "speculate" that NDEs represent some sort of transmission from some sort of external memory storage, then we're still back to the idea that the external memory storage in question isn't part of you, but part of some external system, in which case it's only one of several important aspects that makeup you that has been taken over by something else.

The only way to dispute the above is by denying the overwhelming evidence that your original memory is a result of your functioning brain body system that exists inside this here and now of whatever realm this is — and that denial leads directly to subjective idealism, which is the same dead-end we keep encountering along this path.
My point in this exercise is to take this model and imagine exactly when the brain first processes the NDE. It's my assumption that this is important.
Quite correct. I've been saying the same thing all along when I've pointed out that NDEs are usually assumed to have been experienced in real time and recalled later. But there is no evidence of that. There is only evidence that there is a memory of the experience, and exactly how that memory got there is the million dollar question.

At present, the most reasonable explanation ( to me ) is that NDE memories are formed subconsciously from neurological patterns imprinted on the brain over time that are stitched together and recalled collectively as a complete experience upon waking-up — similar to a lucid dream. But what about the possibility that some of these patterns were transmitted into the brain from some external source? That's where things get really interesting.

Instead of defaulting to the typical afterlives paradigm, we then need to ask ourselves what exactly is the source and nature of the transmissions in question? If it's intentional, what third party would bother? Why? These are far more relevant and interesting questions ( to me ), than arguing over whether or not it means there's some sort of afterlife, when clearly that just ends up with us either being copies, or us not really existing here at all.

Last edited:
is this a direct quote of Hansen ?

It's quite brilliant and takes us in a lot of different directions.

I want to make sure you get the credit if it's yours :)

I read his book years ago... (and in fact I only skimmed it as it contains a lot of tedious info, but the main ideas are great) don't know if he said anything exactly like this or not, but that seemed to be main theme of the book.

It's fine to speculate to the extent of determining whether or not it sheds some light on a situation. With memory and brain function, the evidence is overwhelming that our memory ( the memory that belongs to you as a person ), is a part of your brain-body system. However that doesn't mean that your brain-body system doesn't also act as a transceiver. That is also supported by overwhelming evidence.

However, if we "speculate" that NDEs represent some sort of transmission from some sort of external memory storage, then we're still back to the idea that the external memory storage in question isn't part of you, but part of some external system, in which case it's only one of several important aspects that makeup you that has been taken over by something else.

The only way to dispute the above is by denying the overwhelming evidence that your original memory is a result of your functioning brain body system that exists inside this here and now of whatever realm this is — and that denial leads directly to subjective idealism, which is the same dead-end we keep encountering along this path.

Quite correct. I've been saying the same thing all along when I've pointed out that NDEs are usually assumed to have been experienced in real time and recalled later. But there is no evidence of that. There is only evidence that there is a memory of the experience, and exactly how that memory got there is the million dollar question.

At present, the most reasonable explanation ( to me ) is that NDE memories are formed subconsciously from neurological patterns imprinted on the brain over time that are stitched together and recalled collectively as a complete experience upon waking-up — similar to a lucid dream. But what about the possibility that some of these patterns were transmitted into the brain from some external source? That's where things get really interesting.

Instead of defaulting to the typical afterlives paradigm, we then need to ask ourselves what exactly is the source and nature of the transmissions in question? If it's intentional, what third party would bother? Why? These are far more relevant and interesting questions ( to me ), than arguing over whether or not it means there's some sort of afterlife, when clearly that just ends up with us either being copies, or us not really existing here at all.
Amazing post.

*Without defaulting to afterlives (my personal beliefs aside).
*While keeping in mind the frequency of unexplainable events in the reports.
In the regard to the thinking in your post, and also my think-experimenting along those lines, I’d lean towards the NDE being explained by either or both of the following possibilities:
1. A combination of seemingly superhuman brain-body activity upon revival i.e.: astronomical sensory perception, (+) The dream effect, where-in a dream that felt like 2-3days transpires within a few seconds of waking up.
and/or
2. Morphic Resonance generally/has-always stores some percentage of what we call memory, and the inverse percentage which we refer to as "remembering" is more akin to accessing memory in the Resonance.

Last edited:
Just finished listen #2 on this one. Since this is Level 3, and Level 3 players present, I'm going to critique instead of praise. and will go to read previous comments after, so sorry if any of my notes repeat previous mentions.
Notes:
  1. "After Life" - Disservice to use this term. We have no evidence that the human life is primary. I prefer "higher-realm", but not married to it.. Maybe "other realm" would also cover.
  2. Drowning Induced NDE - Not discussed. Could be the origin of water baptism, and if so, could indicate that we're trailing far behind our ancestors in NDE Research.
  3. The OA - Essential study material. See Note #4 "Military Weapons/weaponization Research"
    1. Have come to assume it was a military decision to scrap after season 2
      1. Too much public exposure to the subject of NDE research, and induced NDE's.
      2. Poss. of Higher-Realm > NWO > Military > Hollywood
      3. Increasingly likely that military active in the research (inductive, of course).
      4. Show was probably designed at military behest to bellwether test public comprension of the subject.
        1. Side note - Netflix anomaly: The OA had a huuge almost-religious following and scrapped after S-2.
  4. Military Weapons/weaponization Research - Of course they have/are.
  5. Modern Medicine - Multiple recent Skeptiko mentions of modern med = increase in NDE's. Of course that means they're inducible.
    1. (stay with me) If military had discovered proof that Higher-Realm is fake, the trans-h NWO would have played the card already.
  6. "Level 3 NDE Research" ? - If the military or others are practicing inductive research, then that drops us down to level 2, until we get ahold of their data.
  7. NDE Reports of "Going Home" (+) NDE Reports of some degree of omnipresence through time (=) Time to stop shaming the simulation model just because it was popularized. The simulation model is ancient, long before computers existed. Need to scrap the idea that it must be run on a computer disk

Back