Dr. Mario Beauregard, Frontier Science Wake Up Call |538|

Alex

Administrator
Dr. Mario Beauregard, Frontier Science Wake Up Call |538|
by Alex Tsakiris | Feb 1 | Consciousness Science
Tweet

Dr. Mario Beauregard is a post-materialist neuroscientist who understands the battle.
skeptiko-538-mario-beauregard-300x300.jpg

What do you think about the battle - spiritual battle - in science?

At the beginning the story in Hacksaw Ridge was mentioned... I've heard countless similar stories of apparently divine protection during battle... George Washington comes to mind. There was also some guy (Arthur Blessit) who carried a cross through all the countries of the world and encountered some pretty hairy situations where he seemingly miraculously escaped. Then there are stories of people with NDEs or maybe not a full blown NDE, but a near miss where they get a premonition or maybe feel a tug at the wheel that slightly alters their trajectory and saves them. Then of course there are such stories in the Bible.

I kind of wonder whether the Greek Pagan notion of "the gods" taking an interest in exceptional people or heroes who capture their attention is closer to reality. Perhaps certain people for whatever reason capture the attention of an entity or entities having the power to nudge a little here and pull a little there to sort of aid an individual to accomplish certain things that are of mutual interest.

Yes I think there is a battle. Adversaries are a necessary part of creation at various scales.

Great interview, Alex. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
Made me wonder what it is in one Skeptiko interview I love, and what it is in others I don't.
Part of it for me, is the Canadian who grew up listening to CBC where I like the interviewer to be there to let the interviewee air their thoughts and only insert themselves when clarification or the next developed point can be made. I think that could be it. I know I work towards that in my own interviews have done over the past 18 years.

I also love the idea of "fighting for the light", and while I can appreciate the "you do you, I'll do me" approach in the way we see the world, I don't think that philosophy goes as far as supporting the "do as thou wilt" Crowley nonsense.
I've always said, there are many paths up a mountain. God is the mountain. The mountain is a still a truth. How we get there is the experience along the way. We may see different things but the mountain is still the objective reality. It's not a crevice. It's not the sea. It's a mountain in the end.

Listened to this Krystal and Kyle podcast piece from J. Hari who just wrote a book on how our attention is stolen from us.
https://player.fm/series/krystal-kyle-friends-2848575/episode-58-johann-hari
and in typical fashion my brain looks for connections.

Made me ask this question. While our attention has been constantly robbed from us since the 1800's, and yes, the cause here is the free market utilizing a once little known, but now well-established hack into our "rage" brain.

I'm thinking about the next level. The spiritual one. And is this form of tech-corporate capitalism designed as a mind virus to keep us from waking up? On one level, their job is to monetize us thinking about scrolling our collective phones and screaming at each other in furious tweets and posts, but on the other hand, is it not all a great distraction from keeping us creating and innovating ourselves away from where the dark forces might want us to go?

J

An excellent interview. Beauregard is so transparently a decent and courageous person.

Thing is, was Ghandi right? Does good always win? I'd very much like to think so, and I certainly hope so. This thing with Covid has been awful, but maybe in the end it has been necessary, to highlight just how stupid and unreliable so-called science has become.

Maybe we have had to go through it to drive the point home; maybe it's the first major bump along the road, the first straw on the camel's back that has caused it to begin to totter, threatening to bring it to its knees. One or two more straws are all that might be needed to radically change global awareness and lead (eventually) to a new and better paradigm of understanding.

I think Beauregard may well be right that at a certain point, people pushing the old paradigm are increasingly demonstrating their obduracy and lip service to absurd propositions so blatantly that even the average person on the street will rebel and the new "scientific" priesthood be exorcised. Like priests, they're one in a thousand, and if their dogmas stop being widely accepted, people will leave their church and bring down the religion not through revolution so much as by completely ignoring them.

This is where politicians come in. Much more than the white-coated priesthood, they're extremely sensitive to public opinion, and in the end that's what may sway them to switch allegiance. If they begin to sense a backlash, then politicians might see the main chance as lying in a new and different direction. Not that there would be much nobility in their motives, but they are after all those with the power at the moment. If they change course and that change is not conducive to business as usual, then more scientists currently in the closet might be encouraged to make their truer views known. A small crack in the dam could lead to its sudden, catastrophic failure.

And thinking about it, there's an analogy in what vaccination is (supposed) to do with what is happening now with the Covid farago.

With vaccination, the general idea is that one injects a patient with a weakened disease-causing agent to stimulate an immune response that will subsequently provide protection against a fullblown attack.

Well, maybe we've all been "vaccinated" against future attempts to impose draconian health measures by what has happened. The narrative is, day by day, weakening, and collectively our "immune system" will hopefully make many of us impervious to such attempts happening again.

Of course, the analogy is somewhat limited because a vaccine is prescribed for a single, specific disease. But the crumbling of the narrative could have a much wider effect, immunising more people against all manner of "diseases" that have at their root a few guiding principles to do with the arrogance of elites in science and government, as well as the gullibility of the general populace.

That the emperor has no clothes is becoming more obvious to more and more people. One of the main things that stand in the way of everyone accepting his nakedness is human pride -- the tendency to dig in and double down. But how long can people hang on to their prejudices? Even if they're hanging on now, what about in 5, 10 years?

I'm sure we've all experienced how in time we can lose our attachment to ideas we were once fanatical about. It becomes less and less important to us to bang the drum about them, because 1) the evidence in support of them decreases, and 2) there are progessively fewer people who would agree with us, so there is less and less kudos to be garnered by staying firm. When the pendulum shifts and we become a ridiculed minority, peer pressure if nothing else might persuade us to cave in.

After all, that's how it works, isn't it? All those people paying obeisance to government/"scientific" opinion haven't yet gone away. It's currently important to them to hang on to their borrowed sense of expertise and the feeling of righteousness that engenders. One has to wait a certain amount of time to pass before one can admit, at least to oneself, that one has been wrong. Indeed, one might never admit it openly. But the main thing is that one has admitted it to oneself and will be alerted to the possibility of manipulation -- i.e. have one's immune system primed and ready to deal with fresh invasive ideologies.

I think the real hammer blow to science may come when it is finally established that:

a) COVID was not that much worse than flu.

b) A substantial number of people have been killed or injured by the 'vaccines'.

c) Useful treatments for COVID were withheld deliberately, just so the 'vaccines' would be used as much as possible.

d) Computer modelling is always suspect.

David

Alex:
31:00 "Gladiators of the Light"

32:00 "..so one of the things I wanna do, in this interview, is kinda pull you further into, and get your thoughts on how deep this thing goes.; How deeps this battle - and it really is... And this is again gonna turn people off, but at some level this is a deeper spiritual battle that we are somehow engaged in. And I say that not knowing what that means, I'm not a Christian. I'm not at all a religious person. But it's kind of hard to deny that there's some elements to this that do look like a battle."

Alan Watts:
"To open a door, as they say in Zen, you may need to pick up a brick to knock at the door. But when the door is opened you don’t carry the brick inside. To cross a river you need a boat. But when you reach the other side you don’t pick up the boat and carry it. So the brick, the boat, the scaffolding, all these things represent some sort of religious technology or method."

Also to summarize Alan Watts from a lecture section titled "What if you were God", If you were God, omnipotent and omnipresent, you would get bored and eventually hit the button labelled "surprise" which must by definition include throwing self into a state of not knowing.. long story short, isn't that (state of not knowing) most likely where we all exist right now?... Well, I like to take it a step further. Not only does this fairly represent our state of being, but it(the surprise button) would be impotent if it accidently left behind bread crumbs. Therefore, Faith might just be the point at which a man has felt enough experience of the other side to confirm for himself that A)It's there and it's good, and B)It doesn't leave bread crumbs.
Furthermore, Perhaps the real psyop of "Christianity" is that they hijacked what remains (to date) an active channel, be it the archetype, the art, the chant/prayer, the devotionals, or the fellowship.
Perhaps the real sin is of Christianity is their insistance that the blanks need filling in.

I think you're quite a decent Christian, Alex. And that's not a facetious statement.
If we lost every spiritual leader we had and were left only with vhs tapes of Mr. Rogers, and they added a virgin birth and wise men to the story of the neighborhood.. I think God would use it to connect with us, and I'd be cheering on today about Rogers Consciousness.
So the questions about this spiritual battle is: What matters most: Finding a Correct Path? The Evidence? The Experience? The Fellowship?

Last edited:
Alex:
31:00 "Gladiators of the Light"

32:00 "..so one of the things I wanna do, in this interview, is kinda pull you further into, and get your thoughts on how deep this thing goes.; How deeps this battle - and it really is... And this is again gonna turn people off, but at some level this is a deeper spiritual battle that we are somehow engaged in. And I say that not knowing what that means, I'm not a Christian. I'm not at all a religious person. But it's kind of hard to deny that there's some elements to this that do look like a battle."

Alan Watts:
"To open a door, as they say in Zen, you may need to pick up a brick to knock at the door. But when the door is opened you don’t carry the brick inside. To cross a river you need a boat. But when you reach the other side you don’t pick up the boat and carry it. So the brick, the boat, the scaffolding, all these things represent some sort of religious technology or method."

Also to summarize Alan Watts from a lecture section titled "What if you were God", If you were God, omnipotent and omnipresent, you would get bored and eventually hit the button labelled "surprise" which must by definition include throwing self into a state of not knowing.. long story short, isn't that (state of not knowing) most likely where we all exist right now?... Well, I like to take it a step further. Not only does this fairly represent our state of being, but it(the surprise button) would be impotent if it accidently left behind bread crumbs. Therefore, Faith might just be the point at which a man has felt enough experience of the other side to confirm for himself that A)It's there and it's good, and B)It doesn't leave bread crumbs.
Furthermore, Perhaps the real psyop of "Christianity" is that they hijacked what remains (to date) an active channel, be it the archetype, the art, the chant/prayer, the devotionals, or the fellowship.
Perhaps the real sin is of Christianity is their insistance that the blanks need filling in.

I think you're quite a decent Christian, Alex. And that's not a facetious statement.
If we lost every spiritual leader we had and were left only with vhs tapes of Mr. Rogers, and they added a virgin birth and wise men to the story of the neighborhood.. I think God would use it to connect with us, and I'd be cheering on today about Rogers Consciousness.
So the questions about this spiritual battle is: What matters most: Finding a Correct Path? The Evidence? The Experience? The Fellowship?

The notion of "surprise" is very important... not only is it an answer to why there is something rather than nothing and an answer to why God must "forget" or subtract to experience... but also comes up in information theory. If there is no "surprise" then information isn't actually being communicated.

I think the real hammer blow to science may come when it is finally established that:

a) COVID was not that much worse than flu.

b) A substantial number of people have been killed or injured by the 'vaccines'.

c) Useful treatments for COVID were withheld deliberately, just so the 'vaccines' would be used as much as possible.

d) Computer modelling is always suspect.

David

These are already established, we just need the dummies to catch up.

And thinking about it, there's an analogy in what vaccination is (supposed) to do with what is happening now with the Covid farago.

With vaccination, the general idea is that one injects a patient with a weakened disease-causing agent to stimulate an immune response that will subsequently provide protection against a fullblown attack.

Well, maybe we've all been "vaccinated" against future attempts to impose draconian health measures by what has happened. The narrative is, day by day, weakening, and collectively our "immune system" will hopefully make many of us impervious to such attempts happening again.

Of course, the analogy is somewhat limited because a vaccine is prescribed for a single, specific disease. But the crumbling of the narrative could have a much wider effect, immunising more people against all manner of "diseases" that have at their root a few guiding principles to do with the arrogance of elites in science and government, as well as the gullibility of the general populace.

That the emperor has no clothes is becoming more obvious to more and more people. One of the main things that stand in the way of everyone accepting his nakedness is human pride -- the tendency to dig in and double down. But how long can people hang on to their prejudices? Even if they're hanging on now, what about in 5, 10 years?

I'm sure we've all experienced how in time we can lose our attachment to ideas we were once fanatical about. It becomes less and less important to us to bang the drum about them, because 1) the evidence in support of them decreases, and 2) there are progessively fewer people who would agree with us, so there is less and less kudos to be garnered by staying firm. When the pendulum shifts and we become a ridiculed minority, peer pressure if nothing else might persuade us to cave in.

After all, that's how it works, isn't it? All those people paying obeisance to government/"scientific" opinion haven't yet gone away. It's currently important to them to hang on to their borrowed sense of expertise and the feeling of righteousness that engenders. One has to wait a certain amount of time to pass before one can admit, at least to oneself, that one has been wrong. Indeed, one might never admit it openly. But the main thing is that one has admitted it to oneself and will be alerted to the possibility of manipulation -- i.e. have one's immune system primed and ready to deal with fresh invasive ideologies.

I think every time one of these types of dramatic events happens where the mainstream narrative defies logic a new generation of people "wakes up".

That said, I don't think the majority are being inoculated against future attempts at a similar deception. I think this pandemic has signficantly advanced the globalist agenda gaining another first down... the didn't run it all the way to the end zone, but they're closer. They might wait a bit for those who were on the verge of awakening to drift back off... play some sleepy music, distract with another crisis somewhere else in the world... yet the polices and brainwashing are still in place from this past pandemic and this will make it easier for them to push the ball down the field the next time around with Pandemic #2.

Pandemic #2 as Gates threatened will likely be a much deadlier and dramatic bio agent like say weaponized Smallpox or Ebola or Marburg. In such a situation where people are projectile vomiting blood everywhere or flesh covered in boils, the freshly minted anti-vaxxers might have a much tougher go of it.

I think every time one of these types of dramatic events happens where the mainstream narrative defies logic a new generation of people "wakes up".

That said, I don't think the majority are being inoculated against future attempts at a similar deception. I think this pandemic has signficantly advanced the globalist agenda gaining another first down... the didn't run it all the way to the end zone, but they're closer. They might wait a bit for those who were on the verge of awakening to drift back off... play some sleepy music, distract with another crisis somewhere else in the world... yet the polices and brainwashing are still in place from this past pandemic and this will make it easier for them to push the ball down the field the next time around with Pandemic #2.

Pandemic #2 as Gates threatened will likely be a much deadlier and dramatic bio agent like say weaponized Smallpox or Ebola or Marburg. In such a situation where people are projectile vomiting blood everywhere or flesh covered in boils, the freshly minted anti-vaxxers might have a much tougher go of it.

You plainly don't agree that good always wins!

You need to quit your lucrative, capitalist, ultimately-feeds-globalists career, leave the major population center where you live that does the same, and stake out your land somewhere in Montana. Its scary how dire things are. Makes me wonder why you haven't already. ;)

Made me wonder what it is in one Skeptiko interview I love, and what it is in others I don't.

Jack you're a beautiful person... but IDKAIDC.

would like to hear any specific thoughts you had on the points made during the interview with doctor beauregard.

You plainly don't agree that good always wins!

How would you define "good", Michael? Or "evil"?

It is entirely possible - in fact, most likely - that people organising and perpetuating all this plandemic stuff sincerely believe themselves being on the side of "goodness"... probably thinking that it is their sacred duty to "save" the superstitious, undisciplined, disorganised, self-destroying "unwashed masses" from themselves by installing planetary-wide "parental control" system - with themselves as strict-but-benevolent parental figures, of course.

So, when I think about confronting them, I frame this conflict in my mind not as battle of "good" versus "evil", but of freedom versus slavery. An by freedom, I mean full and unlimited enactment of each Self's Will.

Freedom is neither "good", nor "evil" - nor even a choice between them, since they are both illusive and deceptive social constructs. Freedom is beyond "good" and "evil" entirely - a position from that a Self, a single individual, can create whatever (s)he wills to be "good" and destroy what (s)he wills to be "evil". "Good" and "evil" then, are just manisfestations of Self's Will - "good" is what is willed by the Self, exactly willed-to-be, something toward that the Will is moving; and "evil" is what is not-willed - or more precisely, willed-not-to-be, something against that the Will is struggling.

And, consequently, "good" and "evil" are different for each Self. They may, of course, somewhat conflate and cooperate with the ones of the other Selves - but may also contradict them and conflict with them. Thus, any society is based on an irreconsilable difference - and a perpetual struggle.

Yet, since freedom, in its primeval root, is beyond "good" and "evil" completely, some meta-position is still possible - either the one of maximising freedom for everyone without exception, including your worst opponents - so both you and them can enact the Will to its fullest, thus intensifying and diversifying the coexistence, accepting difference and struggle as cost of freedom. Or the one of deluding yourself into believing that your "good" and "evil" are somehow universal, worthy to be enforced on anyone, including the unwilling ones, and thus trying to minimise freedom for anyone but yourself and your like-minded friends and allies, in order to "save" your opponents from themselves, to erase all differences and to stop the perpetual struggle of coexistence.

This is the fundamental conflict between anarchy / anarchism and totality / totalitarianism - two mutually exclusive ultimate ends toward that a society can move; the resolution of this conflict is a full actualisation of coexistence, a final destination of a social development. Anything in-between is just a temporary and transient step on the road: in the end, the complete manifestation of the coexistence, of our social reality, leads either to one or to another - either to the unrestricted freedom for all, no matter the cost, or to the eternal peace based on an unlimited subjugation to the Will of a permanent victor.

Last edited:
"Evil", whether conscious or unconscious, lacks creativity. It can only keep doing the same thing. Talk about not learning from mistakes!
I agree this is a freedom issue, but people need to be responsible for themselves.
It's also a "bad parenting" issue of too many millennia of "do as I say, not as I do". That shit doesn't wash no more.
Time to let the children lead us into a new era.
Super interesting guy. Gonna check out his site.
Oh, and the original WingMakers site lays out the elements pretty well when it comes to all that.
WingMakers Philosophy
https://www.wingmakers.us/wingmakersorig/www.wingmakers.com/arrow/chambers/indexes/philo.shtml
Pulled this out the middle.

In light of the obvious turmoil and apparent destruction that accompanies life on terra-earth, this is an outlook or perception that seems naive. How can life--in all its forms and expressions--be perceived as optimal or perfect? This is the great paradox of life, and it cannot be reconciled with the human instrument's mental or emotional capabilities. It can only be understood in the context of the entity, which is deathless, limitless, timeless, and sovereign. Paradoxes exist because the human drama is too limited in scope and scale to allow a perception of wholeness to intervene and illuminate how the pieces of the puzzle are unified in perfect relation.
The human drama is circumscribed by the dimensions of time and space and the elements of energy and matter. It is played out upon the stages of survival and dysfunctional behavior because of the Hierarchy's methods of controlling information and manipulating conditions. The entity within the human instrument is largely unexpressed and under-utilized in the human drama, and therefore, life's apparent perversions and imperfections are seen in isolation as impediments to perfection rather than perfection itself.
Life is perfect in its resolve to expand and express an intelligence that is limitless. This is the fundamental purpose of life in all its diverse manifestations, and this is the presence of Prime Creator--expressing ITSELF as a vibration of equality--that can be observed in all things. Sensory input derived from the human instrument is limited to frequencies in specific ranges that only convey an echo of this Source vibration. The true frequency is understood through deliberate and focused contemplation of equality inherent in all things, and the ability to penetrate beyond the picture of a thing to the origin of the picture.

Last edited:
How would you define "good", Michael? Or "evil"?

Not sure I could unambiguously define good. But I know it when I see it. How? Because it delights the soul. As to evil, it repels the soul. Often, I'm undecided, and on those occasions I try to suspend judgement. No point philosophising about it: good is good, evil is evil, and anything apparently in between is currently undecided. There are of course degrees of good and degrees of evil, but if one habitually fails to recognise pure good or pure evil, imho one can't claim yet to be fully human.

I tend to look on the optimistic side, I know, but as I see it the globalists may have really shot themselves in the foot.

1) My hunch is that it is actually harder to design a deadly virus than it might appear. First of all, you can't really test the thing. Also, I suspect the successive waves of variants that ended up with Omicron, maybe caught them out by surprise. They have their heads stuffed with gene sequences, and maybe they missed the fact that viruses usually evolve to be less and less deadly so as to spread better. (Incidentally, that process can presumably happen by Behe's 'devolution' process - where a mutation at any point in the gene has a high chance of destroying its functionality, and if that confers greater fitness, the mutation will spread).

2) The West has proved extraordinarily resistant to disease despite lots to people flying around to poorer countries for holidays.

3) I think there is evidence that the 'vaccines' do real harm to a proportion of the people who take them. The randomness may come from which cells take up the m-RNA (or AV equivalent). Incidentally, there is a new theory suggesting that if endothelial cells (that line the inside of all blood vessels) take up the 'vaccine' and express the spike protein, this initiates a blood clotting cascade. If it turns out that the vaccines weren't safe, the consequences will be enormous.

4) If the Truckers in Canada win, we may see some equally enormous consequences in the US.

5) Most of the 'globalists' have had a pretty cushy life already, and as this unravels - or even looks like it might unravel - they may be glad to run a mile from Gates and Fauci.

David

Not sure I could unambiguously define good. But I know it when I see it. How? Because it delights the soul. As to evil, it repels the soul. Often, I'm undecided, and on those occasions I try to suspend judgement. No point philosophising about it: good is good, evil is evil, and anything apparently in between is currently undecided. There are of course degrees of good and degrees of evil, but if one habitually fails to recognise pure good or pure evil, imho one can't claim yet to be fully human.

The question is, WHOSE soul it delights or repels? Yours? Or everyone's?

If you mean the former, then I can inform you that something that you - your soul - finds most delightful, the souls of many other people may find most repellent. And vice versa: what is felt as most repellent by you, may be felt as most delightful by many others.

If you mean the latter... I has to disappoint you - there is nothing that is universally delightful or universally repellent for everyone.

Of course, you may reply that you are a good person, so you are always delighted by the truly good things and repelled by truly bad things. And people whose delight-repellence patterns contradict yours, are just bad, evil people.

The problem is, the people with differing delight-repellence patterns may likely say the same things about you...

So, the ultimate question is: are you that certain that it is YOU who are a good person, while people, whose patterns of delight and repellence radically differs from yours, are evil? Why not the opposite?

And, if you are certain - why so? On what basis? Because you feel it in your heart? The differing types feel it, too - and what makes your feelings better?

Try to answer it for yourself...

This is where politicians come in. Much more than the white-coated priesthood, they're extremely sensitive to public opinion, and in the end that's what may sway them to switch allegiance. If they begin to sense a backlash, then politicians might see the main chance as lying in a new and different direction. Not that there would be much nobility in their motives, but they are after all those with the power at the moment. If they change course and that change is not conducive to business as usual, then more scientists currently in the closet might be encouraged to make their truer views known. A small crack in the dam could lead to its sudden, catastrophic failure.

Comedians want laughs, politicians want votes; - but that is so 1992. Now, comedians want "specials," and politicians want special treatment? Listen, I don't know if Hilary Clinton is cutting the faces off of children and dancing like Ed Gein in the streets of Arkansas, but nothing would surprise me at this point in time. Also, I don't think these aristocrats really give a shit about votes anymore. Obviously, it is an oligarchy and votes do not mean shit, but I would say we can animate this skeleton of democracy locally, give it some flesh, and let it come to life like the zombie in the first Hellraiser movie. Do we need Pin Head and all his cronies? - Probably not!

The question is, WHOSE soul it delights or repels? Yours? Or everyone's?

If you mean the former, then I can inform you that something that you - your soul - finds most delightful, the souls of many other people may find most repellent. And vice versa: what is felt as most repellent by you, may be felt as most delightful by many others.

If you mean the latter... I has to disappoint you - there is nothing that is universally delightful or universally repellent for everyone.

Of course, you may reply that you are a good person, so you are always delighted by the truly good things and repelled by truly bad things. And people whose delight-repellence patterns contradict yours, are just bad, evil people.

The problem is, the people with differing delight-repellence patterns may likely say the same things about you...

So, the ultimate question is: are you that certain that it is YOU who are a good person, while people, whose patterns of delight and repellence radically differs from yours, are evil? Why not the opposite?

And, if you are certain - why so? On what basis? Because you feel it in your heart? The differing types feel it, too - and what makes your feelings better?

Try to answer it for yourself...

More philosophising. IMHO, one's soul is one's real nature, which can know what is absolutely good and right. Sometimes an apparently good action is actually evil, and sometimes the reverse. But if one attends carefully, at least sometimes, one can know the absolute truth about one's own actions. Where not, like I said, best to suspend judgement.

Back