Dr. Mark Pitstick After Death Communication Shatters Materialism |468|

Alex

Administrator
Dr. Mark Pitstick After Death Communication Shatters Materialism |468|
by Alex Tsakiris | Oct 20 | Consciousness Research
Tweet
0SHARES

Dr. Mark Pitstick and Dr. Gary Schwartz have done breakthrough science, so why all the “soul phone” chatter?
skeptiko-468-mark-pitstick-300x300.jpg

photo by: Skeptiko
[Clip 00:00:00 – 00:00:16]
That’s a scene from the movie Ouija: Origins of Evil where the family is gathering around the Ouija board and get some rather unexpected results. It’s a cautionary tale that seems to fit with today’s interview with Dr. Mark Pitstick, who along with Dr. Gary Schwartz from the University of Arizona, have designed, patented and are marketing the SoulPhone.
Here’s a clip from the interview and stick around after the show for the one question I have on this one is interesting, and I think it’s one I really, really like to get input on. So if you do stick around to the end, let me know what you think. Okay. Here goes the interview.
Dr. Mark Pitstick: [00:01:05] First of all, people need to understand that the research of Dr. Schwartz at the University of Arizona is, as far as we know, the only truly scientific, replicated, controlled, double blind, all of that that I mentioned, research being done. The others, you mentioned are mediumistic research and some mediums are rock stars. That was how Dr. Schwartz got into this area after he left Yale and came to the University of Arizona 20 some years ago, documenting that some mediums are very highly evidential, but again, some of those have bad days, make mistakes, etc.
Alex Tsakiris: [00:01:43] But Mark, I mean, the problems here are almost too many to even start with. Why do you think you can open up the door and say, “Trust us, we know what we’re doing. We talked to the A team, and by the way, the A team includes Michael Jackson,” you know, the Jesus juice, reach around pedophile, Michael Jackson, he’s on the A team, right?

What is the criteria/standards of "Proof?" NDE's are happening, we know that. Veridical evidence is real. Veridical evidence should be the only experiences we record and deem as credible. But when does "Science" say Yup, It's real. If the evidence is there, that should shut the skeptics (Not you Alex) right up!
The subjectivity of our approach toward life after death is frustrating. NDE's are not like Religion. NO faith, NO subjectivity, NO bible quotes. We need to collaborate all the evidence world wide and come to a STANCE. It's science...RIGHT?
Scientists freaking PISS ME OFF with this fear. Scientists need to get past The Fear Factor and GROW A PAIR!!!
Then there's UFO's...
Your the best Alex. Keep plugging!

Cheers Alex,

I don't understand how Dr Pitstick can say that they are not making claims about the nature of that other side, when his work is apparently supporting the following on their website;

"two primary benefits of this project will be:

1. The ability to communicate with loved ones who have changed worlds.
  2. Interactions with postmaterial luminaries – great inventors, scientists, spiritual teachers, educators, entertainers, and more – who want to help us heal and balance ourselves and our world."

To me, it seems obvious that they claim some very exact things actually, that they will be able to interact with specifically, 'luminaries'. How do they know that it really is that specific person? It is a big claim in my opinion.

I'm half way through, but it doesn't seem to register with Dr Pitstick.

Mark started rather woodenly, but brightened up as the podcast went on.

I'd really like to have heard a bit more about the technology being used here. I looked at his website, but I couldn't see any nuts and bolts information. Is there a better link than the main website?

Are we saying that the yes/no answers come from a double slit experiment in which many photons pass through the slits? I wonder how this signal is hardened up enough to be useful - is the discarnate entity using some sort of error correcting code perhaps?

How is the reverse communication handled?

As regards verifying if the entity is Einstein or whoever - I'd say that is simply not possible to prove. However if some other entity - say a relative of the experimenters - identifies the entity as Einstein, perhaps that is enough.

Ganging together these switches to make a keyboard implies that the entities are able to handle the ASCII code, or something similar. I guess if they can handle error correcting codes, that should be a doddle!

David

Last edited:
Through a glass, darkly!

How does any medium know who is really talking to them?

Trickster gods or archon ankle biters could be fucking with us all, and probably are.

It's possible that, in each and every case of mediumship, or near-death-experience, or out-of-body-experience, or psychedelic experience, that beings in the lower astral interfere with every single communication.

Why would they do that? Maybe, they are tending their garden, herding their sheep, harvesting their crop.

It's been said that every single human being has a guardian angel. Is that angel protecting us, or preventing our escape?

It's been said that the archons are AI bots. If we're in a AI simulation, then it would be easy to launch an AI bot for every being on Earth.

It's been said that freedom is getting off the wheel of reincarnation (I think Buddha said that). So, maybe reincarnation is not a good thing. Maybe, being able to communication with a dearly departed loved one is not such a good thing. It's a sign that they didn't get out!

Maybe communication from the 'other side' is an AI bot reading the "Akashic Record" of our life or lives and creating a deception to manipulate us.

Maybe they modified our DNA to make us more emotional to increase the harvest of psychic energy, and they know how to manipulate us to increase their harvest.

I'm not impressed with a communication from Einstein. He had good PR. You know, I think he was the Neil deGrasse Tyson of his day. He single handedly (with good PR) set back our understanding of the nature of reality for 100 years! Ether and Plasma Cosmology and Electricity were obscured by his mathematical fantasy theory of relativity.

At least Michael Jackson created some wonderful music. It's got a great beat, and you can dance to it!

What is the criteria/standards of "Proof?" NDE's are happening, we know that. Veridical evidence is real. Veridical evidence should be the only experiences we record and deem as credible. But when does "Science" say Yup, It's real. If the evidence is there, that should shut the skeptics (Not you Alex) right up!
The subjectivity of our approach toward life after death is frustrating. NDE's are not like Religion. NO faith, NO subjectivity, NO bible quotes. We need to collaborate all the evidence world wide and come to a STANCE. It's science...RIGHT?
Scientists freaking PISS ME OFF with this fear. Scientists need to get past The Fear Factor and GROW A PAIR!!!
Then there's UFO's...
Your the best Alex. Keep plugging!
thx. I still can't understand why these guys can't see what they've accomplished from a science standpoint. it feels to me like that kind of marginalized themselves by focusing on the very trickster-ish ADC component.

I enjoyed the show and Dr. Pitstick seems very earnest and very dedicated.

In regards to whether or not the “dream team” is really who they say they are, I’m reminded of Tom Campbell’s theory. If I may bring up this theory, hopefully, without completely misunderstanding it, Campbell says were an “individuated unit of consciousness” having a go at physical experience.

After the physical life finishes, the consciousness of that individual moves on to whatever is deemed to be necessary for further growth. So, if I’m not mistaken, after a good period of time has passed “Michael Jackson” or ”Einstein” has moved on and is no longer available for yes and no answers.

According to Campbell, that individual’s information is still available to be tapped from a database of sorts (“Akashic Records”?) and that information can be presented to one seeking answers from a particular individual. So, according to Campbell’s theory, the information would be “verifiable” as coming from ”Michael Jackson” because it is their data to begin with.

However, instead of Michael Jackson, it’s the “larger consciousness system” that is providing the requested information perhaps in order nudge us into understanding that there’s more to existence than the physical experience.

Whew! I think I got all of that out.

Speaking of experiments, Tom Campbell has been in the process of running some experiments that he has designed that are also based on variations of the double slit experiment for about a year now. The goal of these experiments is to show that consciousness, not the physical, is fundamental.

So far this has mostly consisted of getting the necessary equipment and the set up of same. This should be interesting as well.

I have listened to many of Mark's interviews and yours was by far the most probing and informative. I am going to ck out what he said re the three forms of evidence, in the hope I will get a good summary of the scientific category. I think you are aware of the one in which a medium revealed that Gabriel was one of the unidentified spirits manifesting in a highly technical advanced lab experiment--I will look for that when I have time.

I wish Alex would have let Dr. Pitstick discuss his work instead of attacking him at the very beginning of the interview.

I wanted to hear about his work.
Yes, I do wish Alex would give each interviewee a window of at least 1/3 of the podcast at the start to expound his ideas - maybe with a little questioning from Alex, but any controversy should come later in the discussion - if for no other reason that by then we all know a little more about what the disagreement actually consists of!

David

I have listened to many of Mark's interviews and yours was by far the most probing and informative. I am going to ck out what he said re the three forms of evidence, in the hope I will get a good summary of the scientific category. I think you are aware of the one in which a medium revealed that Gabriel was one of the unidentified spirits manifesting in a highly technical advanced lab experiment--I will look for that when I have time.
Can you point me to the right place to read more about the technicalities of the soul phone?

David

Through a glass, darkly!

How does any medium know who is really talking to them?

Trickster gods or archon ankle biters could be fucking with us all, and probably are.

It's possible that, in each and every case of mediumship, or near-death-experience, or out-of-body-experience, or psychedelic experience, that beings in the lower astral interfere with every single communication.

Why would they do that? Maybe, they are tending their garden, herding their sheep, harvesting their crop.

It's been said that every single human being has a guardian angel. Is that angel protecting us, or preventing our escape?

It's been said that the archons are AI bots. If we're in a AI simulation, then it would be easy to launch an AI bot for every being on Earth.

It's been said that freedom is getting off the wheel of reincarnation (I think Buddha said that). So, maybe reincarnation is not a good thing. Maybe, being able to communication with a dearly departed loved one is not such a good thing. It's a sign that they didn't get out!

Maybe communication from the 'other side' is an AI bot reading the "Akashic Record" of our life or lives and creating a deception to manipulate us.

Maybe they modified our DNA to make us more emotional to increase the harvest of psychic energy, and they know how to manipulate us to increase their harvest.

I'm not impressed with a communication from Einstein. He had good PR. You know, I think he was the Neil deGrasse Tyson of his day. He single handedly (with good PR) set back our understanding of the nature of reality for 100 years! Ether and Plasma Cosmology and Electricity were obscured by his mathematical fantasy theory of relativity.

At least Michael Jackson created some wonderful music. It's got a great beat, and you can dance to it!

I've thought a lot about too. I think the Bible was right about testing the spirits..if you're getting love, than that's the truth. Otherwise, how could we trust anything? If we're trapped by archons, we could not reach truth or trust anything.

I really enjoyed this interview having followed this Soul Phone thing from the start and basically am happy to sit back and see where it goes and what real evidence they can come up with.
I kinda hope this A team concept - luminaries or whatever they call them - can be downplayed if this is ever launched onto the unsuspecting public.
Surely it's possible to find out facts about everyday people to check their veracity with their post material counterparts?
That said it would be pretty fascinating to get some real communication with former wise ones..
I thought the Michael Jackson connection being constantly plugged by Alex was a distraction.....I don't remember Mark suggesting Jackson had suddenly become a person of wisdom from whom to gain greater insights - surely he was simply a piece of evidence data to check the veracity of the identity?
That said, I can't see Alex not wanting to interview the post material Jackson on Skeptiko especially if he wanted to explain his mistakes or what he learned from his life....maybe that'll happen in a live Skeptiko/Facebook/Soul Phone event one day!
As an aside I would really like to know how they came up with Jackson as a potential communicator and/or the others - I presume they first came through traditional mediumship and said they wanted to join the experiments? I presume this must have happened otherwise who in the Soul Phone PR department would think it a good idea to choose Michael Jackson as the best evidence of the afterlife?
All in all I think Mark stood up well to Alex's probing and at 78 years young I really hope to live long enough this side to put in a couple of calls to grandad via the Soul Phone!
Last minor niggle - Alex, it's Ouija - not Quiji!

Last minor niggle - Alex, it's Ouija - not Quiji!
That rhyming with squeegee seems quite widespread, I think when encountering a less familiar word, there's a tendency to reach for something more familiar. Ouija though is formed from the word "yes" in French and German, with a little bit of anglicisation of the 'j' perhaps.

Since I'd never heard a thing about Dr. Pitstick's work or the SoulPhone, I was really blown away! Since I've been using Sacred Acoustic's Cosmic Womb recording during my meditations, I get these brief glimpses of the some other place, realm, whatever you wish to call it. With practice, I assume I will be able to 'tune in' for longer & longer periods. One of the first things that struck me about this other 'realm' was its similarity to my dreaming state. Enough about that!
In the midst of all the incredible findings & speculations of all these intelligent, talented researchers, authors, and so on, I was struck a number of times w/ the certainty that at some point there had to be a way to 'tune in' to those who exist w/o a carcass, that consciousness is an infinite reality of many levels. So, to my great delight, here is a dedicated man that has likely struggled to find a way to do what I was convinced was possible. What great promise this brings!

Since I'd never heard a thing about Dr. Pitstick's work or the SoulPhone, I was really blown away! Since I've been using Sacred Acoustic's Cosmic Womb recording during my meditations, I get these brief glimpses of the some other place, realm, whatever you wish to call it. With practice, I assume I will be able to 'tune in' for longer & longer periods. One of the first things that struck me about this other 'realm' was its similarity to my dreaming state. Enough about that!
In the midst of all the incredible findings & speculations of all these intelligent, talented researchers, authors, and so on, I was struck a number of times w/ the certainty that at some point there had to be a way to 'tune in' to those who exist w/o a carcass, that consciousness is an infinite reality of many levels. So, to my great delight, here is a dedicated man that has likely struggled to find a way to do what I was convinced was possible. What great promise this brings!

Interesting. You've just jogged my memory of a 'place' that I apparently sometimes go to before I fall asleep, that is magical and has a tangible 'food' like quality to it, as if being there excites my brain and loads up the happy chemicals. It's got a really very particular quality to it that is amazing, and one wishes to stay there longer, but I usually fall asleep!

Reactions: Kim
Yes, I do wish Alex would give each interviewee a window of at least 1/3 of the podcast at the start to expound his ideas - maybe with a little questioning from Alex, but any controversy should come later in the discussion - if for no other reason that by then we all know a little more about what the disagreement actually consists of!

David

Well, sometimes I think Alex doesn't have a lot of patience for people who are taking advantage of others. But yes, it would have been a little more fun if he had given him more rope.

Reactions: K9!
A soul phone? Soul phone... well, this can be 1 of 5 things.
1). Crazy talk by someone looking for your money.
2). Real
3). Really horrible people taking advantage of people who are suffering.
4). People who wish it were so.
5). Something nasty & not honest out there talking smack.

LET'S LOOK!

Okay, so if they have communication with the "great beyond" surely they can ask them where the gold is buried & get money that way. I mean even with "yes or no" answers we could track down the location.

So...number 1 is looking like a possibility & #2 is looking less likely.

Items 3,4 & 5 should be avoided.

To prove his point I'm afraid he's going to have to tell us "where the gold is buried" for anyone to believe this one.

Michael Jackson? For Gods sake how stupid do people think we are? OR if I'm feeling generous, how self-deluded are some people?

Many, including myself, are able to telepath with our loved ones who died. THE soul phone isn't yet at aeven a biary
Many loved ones do telepath with us. The s.fone is yrs awayin moving beyond the current primitive yes-no phase.. To David and others: the procedures for preventing "counterfeiting" imposters are rigorous, for ex. asking the party to discern and repeat a sentence about the skies as (an example) from a book off your shelf, asking for 3 signs such as make a white feather appear in the next 3 days.

Off line for a week, see y'all

Back