Dr. Rob Williams and Brandon Zollino, Freedom and Unity |557|

Alex

Administrator
Dr. Rob Williams and Brandon Zollino, Freedom and Unity |557|
by Alex Tsakiris | Jun 21 | Consciousness Science, Uncategorized
Tweet
Dr. Rob Williams and Brandon Zollino, dive deep into intellectual freedom and unity on Plan V TV.
skeptiko-557-Rob-Williams-Brandon-Zollino-300x300.jpg

Another great show and episode - Alex constantly delivering on the top tier.
While listening I generated a thought experiment to work further with the inquiry about where physical ends and consciousness begins.

Picture:
An object 1 mile wide with the mass of The Moon suddenly appears in China suspended in low-Earth atmosphere.
How long until it's __________ field effects reach the United States on the other side of the Globe?
-Gravitational?
-Atmospheric Displacement?
-Vibratory?
-Magnetic?
-Who knows how many physical fields have yet to be discovered beyond 2022..

Point:
I don't recall Sheldrake concluding that the dog-owner phenomenon is result is a direct consciousness to consciousness communication. Perhaps it is. But it could also be (and when I hear about Morphogenic Field I picture it more likely) either:
-The owners consciousness pressing upon one of the above fields, then detected by the dog.
-The dogs consciousness sensing a change in on of the above fields,

Thoughts?

FANTASTIC!

“Well it’s been an hour we should probably wrap it up but I feel like we are just getting warmed up…”

YUP :)

Don’t wrap it up!

This is the essence of Skeptiko. Level 3 baby!

I liked the format of this show. The content continues to promote the usual paradigms that Skeptiko has become known for. Fans will not be disappointed and skeptics won't be surprised. If you've never done it before, see what they say here.

Reactions: Kim
I liked the format of this show. The content continues to promote the usual paradigms that Skeptiko has become known for. Fans will not be disappointed and skeptics won't be surprised. If you've never done it before, see what they say here.
Also serious science narrative on RationalWiki:
(Search: woman)
“Fetal personhood[edit]
See the main article on this topic: Personhood laws
Aside from all of these, there is a strand in the abortion debate over the status of zygoats zygotes as people. Personhood woo is the magical science that the religious right uses to "prove" that science understands human life to begin at conception, and that a human is a person, therefore a single cell is equally a person.”

This tier of sciencing reads like it’s written by someone who just finished being confused/offended that I asked for a side of ranch dressing.

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Person

Reactions: Kim
Also serious science narrative on RationalWiki:
(Search: woman)
“Fetal personhood[edit]
See the main article on this topic: Personhood laws
Aside from all of these, there is a strand in the abortion debate over the status of zygoats zygotes as people. Personhood woo is the magical science that the religious right uses to "prove" that science understands human life to begin at conception, and that a human is a person, therefore a single cell is equally a person.”

This tier of sciencing reads like it’s written by someone who just finished being confused/offended that I asked for a side of ranch dressing.

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Person
I checked it out. But what point are you making ( if any ) in posting it?

Hadn't read that before. Unsurprising that things are cherrypicked and blown out of proportion, as if that's a typical pattern.
https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Alex_Tsakiris

Also this:
'has fooled skeptics such as Massimo Pigliucci, Ophelia Benson[2] and Jerry Coyne[3][4] into appearing.

Tsakiris likes to sandbag interviewees with sudden changes in plans just before recording, and is unapologetic about doing so'

If someone can't defend their worldview off the cuff, then their worldview probably isn't well supported

Last edited:
I've been doing a Ufology deep dive in the last week, preparing to write a book on ancient religions, psyops within them, and the continuum of reported phenomena throughout history into the present time.

Looking for the most reliable reports is my priority at the moment. I've been listening to proponents and sceptics. Sometimes I really appreciate what Joe Rogan says. He said (to paraphrase) that in his experience most so-called "sceptics" are lazy, not engaging with the data

How is it that one can predict the tone, use of particular words, and lack of balance in such sources as rationalwiki. It's as if these people are all reading from the same script

The same can often be said of those whom the skeptics are referring to — can it not? Such is the nature of polarization in contentious subject matter. Anyone attempting to weigh the arguments of both sides in a Plato-like attempt to sift-out the truth is automatically criticized by both sides, neither of which sees their own failings or the merits of the other.

I've been doing a Ufology deep dive in the last week, preparing to write a book on ancient religions, psyops within them, and the continuum of reported phenomena throughout history into the present time.

If you haven't already done so, I suggest you review a book called The Gods of Eden by William Bramley.

Last edited:
The same can often be said of those whom the skeptics are referring to — can it not? Such is the nature of polarization in contentious subject matter. Anyone attempting to weigh the arguments of both sides in a Plato-like attempt to sift-out the truth is automatically criticized by both sides, neither of which sees their own failings or the merits of the other.

Yes. And we hear what happened to Plato and Sokrates, and Aristotle. And for that matter many other philosophers, such as the Italian-wide expulsion of them during the reign of Domitian

For example, many modern people think classical Athens was an especially reflective / philosophical society, but Sokrates complained about how unreflective the vast majority of his fellow citizens were, and eventually he was executed by the Athenian democracy

Randall, what is your opinion of The Gods of Eden book?

My view is that there are some amazing perspectives, such as the thought experiment that humans belong to another species

There are also some disturbing data points that I haven't yet checked the accuracy of, such as the UFOs that reportedly appeared in the 14th century AD in certain places. Then figures appearing who were spraying something. Then the plague began

Really spooky

What is your impression of it?

Writing simultaneously)
What I'll also add is that there are some ancient texts from the Near East that I find extremely important, such as the Gilgamesh Epic and the Enuma Elish. But then the translations are so controversial. And I do find it suspicious that the Sumerian civilisation isn't considered a more important subject of study

For example, I think that the people of the book might not want attention drawn to a source that massively predates the Bible, which tells of the Great Flood, but it's a considerably different version than that of Noah

Back