Dr. Rob Williams, Beings Human |564|

Since you brought in the Matrix ...
Yes — possibly the best movie ever made. Great points. I tend to agree and have described the way I look at free will somewhat similarly, analogous to a surfer skimming across the surface of an ocean. The vast majority exists below that surface in the subconscious, yet the wave on the surface leads the experiencer "inexorably" in one direction — to one place ( the shore ). Yet along the way, there is still some room to maneuver and experience the exhilaration of the ride. Perhaps that spot on the surface over which the board moves might be comparable to that "boundary" point you speak of?

Last edited:
Yes — possibly the best movie ever made. Great points. I tend to agree and have described the way I look at free will somewhat similarly, analogous to a surfer skimming across the surface of an ocean, where the vast majority exists below that surface in the subconscious, and the wave it produces "inexorably" leads the surfer in one direction toward the shore, but along the way there is still some room to maneuver and experience the exhilaration of the ride. Perhaps that spot on the surface over which the board moves might be comparable to that "boundary" point you speak of?

Yes skimming across the surface of water is the perfect archetypal symbolic representation of this. Dark formless Abyss below representing the antithesis of rules/logic/order/knowledge/light. Logos and light above. Motion along the boundary. Boundary can be partly reflective or rough and swallow you up. It is one of the most powerful symbols because it is the fundamental nature of reality. Genesis 1 “Darkness was over the surface of the deep and the spirit of god moved over the waters” and John 6 Jesus “Logos” walks on the surface of the water and calms the storm.

... John 6 Jesus “Logos” walks on the surface of the water and calms the storm.
Wow, that's pretty mind blowing. I'm sure the rest are saying "OMG Don't feed his God complex!" ( lol ). But seriously — It makes me think we're onto something. I haven't got the faintest clue exactly what just yet, and I fear that beyond this point there may be dragons.

1660432429105.png

Last edited:
Wow, that's pretty mind blowing. I'm sure the rest are saying "OMG Don't feed his God complex!" ( lol ). But seriously — It makes me think we're onto something. I haven't got the faintest clue exactly what just yet, and I fear that beyond this point there may be dragons.

View attachment 2440

Creative types and original thinkers often have chaotic lives because they are surfing that wave on the Abyss and sometimes get sucked down into it. But the Abyss is the repository of novelty. Without it nothing new would happen.

Although I wrote this Logos Abyss Spirit blog almost 7 years ago and my thoughts are a bit more refined now, there might still be something of worth there to stimulate thought.

Creative types and original thinkers often have chaotic lives because they are surfing that wave on the Abyss and sometimes get sucked down into it. But the Abyss is the repository of novelty. Without it nothing new would happen.

Although I wrote this Logos Abyss Spirit blog almost 7 years ago and my thoughts are a bit more refined now, there might still be something of worth there to stimulate thought.
I perused your blog. Thanks for the link. Lots of gems in there. It reminds me that I should get my old site updated. Although I'm non-religious, I find value in the allegories, metaphors, and other symbolism.

I perused your blog. Thanks for the link. Lots of gems in there. It reminds me that I should get my old site updated. Although I'm non-religious, I find value in the allegories, metaphors, and other symbolism.

Thanks :) I wouldn’t go too far back there as I don’t remember what idiotic thoughts I might have put out for the internet… I’m not religious anymore but have a pretty solid background in Christianity so I continually rediscover some Biblical symbolism in new light. Send link to yours!

Back