Dr. Tom Zinser, Clinical Psychologist on Difference Between Darkness and Evil |451|

Chester! Thks so much for posting John Cleese's interview on Rebel Wisdom. He was on a panel taking comments about the range of subjects in the University of Virginia's Division of Perceptual Studies. This woman stood up & began this rapid-fire recount of how "f--ked up" her life had been before she ...blah...blah...F--k, etc It was so vulgar of an account of her crisis & renewal that it silenced the PhDs & researchers & Cleese had the most shocked & dumb-founded look on his face that it was PRICE-LESS! This account of Cleese's severe discomfort at the coarse comments is a way of showing how is he is steadfastly honest & forthright in his dealing w/ the public. In my case, I would have masked my revulsion at such a choice of words & written it off as her right of self-expression. This is exactly what he means when he says political correctness has been twisted into something bad, not an avenue to encourage people to be kind or considerate. I also really enjoyed his sharp denunciation of people who can't tell the difference between joking satire of horrible racist naming-calling & actual bigoted language. We humans really must strive to return to a balance regarding the left & right hemispheres of our brains.

In the same vein Dr. Paul J. Leslie talks, on the Paranormal Podcast with Jim Harold, about his one "anomalous experience" during his professional career that changed everything, sending him down the paranormal rabbit hole to research other anomalous exeriences within psychotherapy.

This isn't meant to be SPAM but another example of therapists experiences of phenomena unexplained by modern science/medicine.

The first half of the interview with the anomalous story is very interesting, the second less interesting, but overall worth exploring:
https://jimharold.com/shadows-in-the-session-jennifer-marshall-paranormal-podcast-650/

And Dr. Paul J. Leslie's book, Shadows in the Session: The Presence of the Anomalous in Psychotherapy:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/48513345-shadows-in-the-session

Last edited:
Blue Moon, thanks for the links. I will investigate both. I have been reading a lot of short true crime stories & am struck by the variety of variations upon one theme: murder is justified if it gets you what you want. I can't think of a more brutal way of showing how utterly seductive WANTING something deeply to the point of obsession & beyond brings people to most horrible ways to achieve it. I wonder how many actually ever come to grips w/ what led to their choice?

In the same vein Dr. Paul J. Leslie talks, on the Paranormal Podcast with Jim Harold, about his one "anomalous experience" during his professional career that changed everything, sending him down the paranormal rabbit hole to research other anomalous exeriences within psychotherapy.

This isn't meant to be SPAM but an another example of therapists experiences of phenomena unexplained by modern science/medicine.

The first half of the interview with the anomalous story is very interesting, the second less interesting, but overall worth exploring:
https://jimharold.com/shadows-in-the-session-jennifer-marshall-paranormal-podcast-650/

And Dr. Paul J. Leslie's book, Shadows in the Session: The Presence of the Anomalous in Psychotherapy:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/48513345-shadows-in-the-session
great. thx. I have queued.

This interview Alex did with Dr. Tom Zinser was a game changer for me. In reviewing his books and re-listening at least 4 or 5 times to this interview, I have experienced an increase in clarity as to what may be the greater picture of reality.

I then came upon this book - The Multidimensional Human: Practices for Psychic Development and Astral Projection by Kurt Leland has been helpful in seeing a potential overall reality structure of which I have adopted as a provisional operational grand assumption. Leland's primary sources are Seth (via Jane Roberts) and Theosophy.

I have been able to map the structure that I seemed to pull forth from what Dr. Zinser has shared and fit it right in with that which Leland suggests and this has increased my confidence I am on the right track.

Leland recommends that exploration of "extended reality" (as Alex likes to call it) be done as "a spiritual practice" and I have taken that recommendation seriously.

For those who like videos, here's a presentation by Leland with regards to "the soul."

long but on topic! IMO fascinating
Thanks for the video link. Yes, it is long but a very interesting interview. I have experienced so many of the same phenomena in my work with clients. Quite interesting to hear them described from a different point of view. I could not find Dr. Lee's email address anywhere.

Back