Forum technical issues

View attachment 28

So am I. Every page I look at has a multicolored graphic in the background. On the forum list page, which is short, you can see a good chunk of the image.

I'm stunned. I've attached a screen capture. No one else sees this?

Alex!

~~ Paul

Now that I know what to look for, I see a very narrow margin of the design. I'm on the iPad with iOS7. It doesn't do anything bothersome. It's pretty.

Linda

Now that I know what to look for, I see a very narrow margin of the design. I'm on the iPad with iOS7. It doesn't do anything bothersome. It's pretty.

Linda

Yeah, on some platforms it doesn't show up when loading pages (just get the blank screen) on others you see the whole image for just a second which for me at least produces a dizzying effect.

I find it a tad annoying, but I don't spend too much time on the forum list page. I can only see a bit of it on the rest of the pages.

~~ Paul

I've unchecked the appropriate boxes in my preferences, but still receive email notification of every message. Can this be fixed?

I've unchecked the appropriate boxes in my preferences, but still receive email notification of every message. Can this be fixed?
Yes and easily. Before you hit the Post Reply button click More Options Button. Now you should see these two options at the bottom of the page
Options:
  • Watch this thread...
    • and receive email notifications
Uncheck the appropriate box. It's not a permanent fix. It has to be done everytime before you post or reply.

There have been some problems with resetting passwords and prodigious amounts of spam lately. Alex and I discussed the problem yesterday and have decided that he will look into a technical solution. This should mean that password reset emails work as advertised and we no longer have to manually delete spam threads and ban spammers manually as well.

AP

There have been some problems with resetting passwords and prodigious amounts of spam lately. Alex and I discussed the problem yesterday and have decided that he will look into a technical solution. This should mean that password reset emails work as advertised and we no longer have to manually delete spam threads and ban spammers manually as well.

AP

Thanks, Andy.

I am using Chrome as my browser. The system seems to log me off very frequently. Not sure if others have this issue.

Back