Holy S#!T...UFO?

This is pretty interesting at first glance:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...filmed-blitzing-Taliban-base-Afghanistan.html

Doubt we have interstellar allies who think we the "good guys" need help smiting those "evil" Taliban. If it's anything it looks like some kind of black-budget monstrosity. Or could just be total bullshit. I'm banking on bullshit, but an interesting topic for discussion perhaps.

479;422;5da835d4afbcf23a52cfacb676ce850b7418df60.jpg

Last edited:
Should have probably just put this in Chuck's UFO thread. Can a MOD move it there? Seems silly to have its own thread in hindsight.

Should have probably just put this in Chuck's UFO thread. Can a MOD move it there? Seems silly to have its own thread in hindsight.

I think it'd be nice to have a second UFO related thread, if you ask me. I have yet to participate in any UFO discussions. This seems like a comfy place to start... Now off to check out that video above.

Okay, let's get this baby rolling.

Say what you want about Dr. Greer and Disclosure Proj., but these interviews are nothing short of fascinating. The following is especially weird for me because I (of course) completely accept the reality of the UFO phenomenon, am doubtful that it represents ET technology (I'm a Jacques Vallee fan), and furthermore never bought into the government coverup/conspiracy thing.

Thoughts anyone?

It's extremely strange any way you look at it...

This is a typical cluster bomb explosion. You can hear the marines shout out "yeahs" and "wooohooos", which advocates NOT for people witnessing an extraterrestrial aircraft pooping mysterious weaponry over a battlefield.
The bombing is geniuine and some lightwave effect has been implemented afterwards as to generate the image of the "ufo".

This is a typical cluster bomb explosion. You can hear the marines shout out "yeahs" and "wooohooos", which advocates NOT for people witnessing an extraterrestrial aircraft pooping mysterious weaponry over a battlefield.
The bombing is geniuine and some lightwave effect has been implemented afterwards as to generate the image of the "ufo".

What about the little turds of light?

I was pretty convinced as a kid I saw one, my brother and dad witnessed too. We just kind of looked at each other like, um what was that? Over 40 years ago so not like there were planes all over the sky back then. Only found out recently that tons of sightings were documented around that time (a few year span) in my metro-city area. (us)

A friend of mine (totally legit PhD tenured prof/scientist at a top-5 us med school) knows for absolutely certain he saw one when he was young. (canada) Apparently I am one of the very few people he has told (don't tell him I posted it here).

The "phoenix lights" around '97 sounds like probably the most verified, large-scale sighting I know of so far. The military dudes from Rendlesham Forest also sound somewhat convincing, and it seemed the experiences freaked them out a bit. (y'think?)

With all the science fiction stories and movies increasing through the roof over the past decades, it would not surprise if "we earthlings" are getting prepared for something ... (insert twilight zone theme song) I love legit sounding ufo stories, hey even partially legit ones are great, and it really cracks me up when I see science fiction movies and "we humans" instantly respond with aggression and warfare -- yeah right! Dumping in our drawers would be more like it.

Australian UFOs, More Than 100 Years Ago

While Australia’s first UFO flap may have occurred in the winter of 1909, the skies above Australia have long been filled with unknown aerial objects that have left witnesses scratching their heads and clambering to adequately describe what they had seen.

Way back in 1868, Parramatta surveyor, Fred Birmingham, had an apparent encounter with “a machine to go through the air” while other early witnesses, untainted by the modern lore of UFOs and aliens, have reported celestial apparitions, aerial processions of vehicles, phenomenal lights in the heavens and strange meteors.

Are these reports of unknown aerial objects from the 19th and early 20th centuries UFO reports? Perhaps. But like today, many of these early reports continue to defy logical explanation

Description of a singular Phenomenon
seen at Baton Rouge, by William Dunbar, Esq.
communicated by Thomas Jefferson, President A. P. S.a

Natchez, June 30th, 1800

Read 16th January 1801.

A phenomenon was seen to pass Baton Rouge on the night of the 5th April 1800, of which the following is the best description I have been able to obtain.

It was first seen in the South West, and moved so rapidly, passing over the heads of the spectators, as to disappear in the North East in about a quarter of a minute.

It appeared to be of the size of a large house, 70 or 80 feet long and of a form nearly resembling Fig. 5 in Plate IV.b

It appeared to be about 200 yards above the surface of the earth, wholly luminous, but not emitting sparks; of a colour resembling the sun near the horizon in a cold frosty evening, which may be called a crimson red. When passing right over the heads of the spectators, the light on the surface of the earth, was little short of the effect of sun-beams, though at the same time, looking another way, the stars were visible, which appears to be a confirmation of the opinion formed of its moderate elevation. In passing, a considerable degree of heat was felt but no electric sensation. Immediately after it disappeared in the North East, a violent rushing noise was heard, as if the phenomenon was bearing down the forest before it, and in a few seconds a tremendous crash was heard similar to that of the largest piece of ordnance, causing a very sensible earthquake.

I have been informed, that search has been made in the place where the burning body fell, and that a considerable portion of the surface of the earth was found broken up, and every vegetable body burned or greatly scorched. I have not yet received answers to a number of queries I have sent on, which may perhaps bring to light more particulars.

Note. The above communication was accompanied by an account of the first invention of the Telegraphec extracted from the works of Dr. Hook.

Mr. Dunbar was induced to forward this extract to the Society, as he supposed it had been less noticed than it deserved to be. But it was deemed unnecessary to print the Paper, as it may be seen in the works above mentioned, and is referred to by Dr. Birch in his history of the Royal Society. Vol. 4th, page 299.

http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/Journals/TAPS/6/Baton_Rouge_Phenomenon*.html#note1

Back