Joshua Cutchin, From Bigfoot to Extended Consciousness |418|

I like nuts and bolts. Lets go experience. I emailed Alex a few months ago about my Bigfoot experience living in the backwoods of Oregon in 1973. Suggested it as a topic. However, even for hippy back to earthers living by kerosene light and wood fires, miles away from the nearest neighbor. Sighting a Sasquatch was elusive, not that I wanted to or thought it might be possible. We occasionally heard something walking around our cabin at night, heard second hand personal encounters from our friends and even spotted large fresh highly distinct footprints on an overgrown old logging trail. That Summer, I chased a large black furry shape into the weeds along a twisting trail. Yes, I thought it was a bear, but there was only a partial glance of black fur. I got 20 ft into the weeds and was warned by a low deep growl. Later, I wondered why a bear trying to evade our small group would stop and threaten a growl instead of attacking or just keep moving into underbrush.

Anyway, I recommend going through Bob Gymlan videos for some great analysis of credible Bigfoot sightings. Bob has the best rendition of the Ape Canyon story. Bob's artistic version uses the historical record and penetrating commentary Here:
Bob has a biology background and offers credible hypotheses how a large intelligent primate could escape official discovery. Just peruse his small library. My favorite Bob Gymlan true tale is this recounting of a missing child/abduction back in the 60's

maybe we should call them "alternative realities" (ARs).

Or maybe they are "Additional Realities'? When I come across this term my immediate response is 'alternative to what?' Its a bit like me deciding that England is an 'alternative' country, rather than simply another country. We are so fixated on the proposition that where we are is the prime reality and there are only 'alternatives' otherwise. In fact our 'reality' may simply be one of many - and they are 'additional' and not 'alternative'. This isn't quibbling about language so much as the mindset that drives the language use.

Or maybe they are "Additional Realities'? When I come across this term my immediate response is 'alternative to what?' Its a bit like me deciding that England is an 'alternative' country, rather than simply another country. We are so fixated on the proposition that where we are is the prime reality and there are only 'alternatives' otherwise. In fact our 'reality' may simply be one of many - and they are 'additional' and not 'alternative'. This isn't quibbling about language so much as the mindset that drives the language use.
Yes, nomenclature doesn't matter much, but it is better to avoid terms that are (IMHO) misleading, such as dimension.

I would argue that alternative isn't always used in the way you mean - as in "I am bored with that restaurant - let's seek an alternative". Both restaurants are equally real.

I assume these AR's are equally real to their inhabitants - such as perhaps the place where many DMT users meet strange but intelligent beings.

David

I have to confess that Bigfoot is a topic I have not explored beyond a rudimentary level, because the riot of opinions and accounts were simply beyond making much sense of them - without devoting resources I wished to apply elsewhere. So I was intrigued to hear that there is evidence that Bigfoot has a biological foundation of some kind - and yet remains stubbornly apparently supernatural. After this show I am none the wiser and I have no comment on whether Bigfoot is or, if is, of what nature.

But on the subject of whether there are agents who real and yet of indeterminate substantial nature I have, though direct experience, no doubt at all that they are here. How they are experienced seems to vary, for reasons I have no clue. Apparently physical manifestations of beings who interact with humans seem to be globally reported.

I don't want to suggest that ideas and stories about Bigfoot aren't much use, but what is the take away? Joshua sounds like a guy I'd love to sit down with and grill (figuratively of course). This was precisely why I gave up on Bigfoot (et al) in the first place - knowing about them didn't seem to lead anywhere, like knowing about NDEs and OBEs does. Maybe that's a lack of imagination on my part.

The claimed association between Bigfoot and ET is interesting but finally, for me, unsubstantial. Its not that I don't think its not a real link. I just think its not all that interesting to link enigma A and enigma B and be excited. I haven't got my head around enigma B, so adding enigma A is pretty pointless.

Somebody give me a reason to be excited, please!

Yes, nomenclature doesn't matter much, but it is better to avoid terms that are (IMHO) misleading, such as dimension.

This, I think, points directly at the problem we have as we start to share our thoughts on these themes. We don't have shared language yet, so we fuse religious, new age and sci fi terminology in an effort to convey what we mean.

We don't inhabit any of the great traditions. We are a loose community of diverse amateurs sharing our progressive awakening to ways of thinking that are novel to our culture. If you look at some interpretations of ET we are exactly what they are trying to excite - a sharing of experience and thought that will lead to a transformation in shared awareness - and culture.

For those old enough to have been 'of age' in the 1960s the transformation of our culture through the experiences and ideas that were particularly energised then (and for nitpicking historians of culture I do acknowledge a stream of change going back into preceding centuries - back to the Renaissance if you like). What is happening now has a similar flavour. But I grant you an awful lot of shit is also being enabled via the internet as well.

I think that nomenclature should matter, because it can lead to disciplined expression and clearer shared meaning. You say you find 'dimension' misleading, but I don't because I generally know what is meant - maybe because my sense of meaning is sufficiently vague in itself. Wouldn't it be better if we had an agreed and shared meaning for words we used?

I, for example, detest the use of the word 'science'. I know what is meant by it, and I passionately object to the idea and the meaning. That is because it misrepresents reality and truth and locks us into a propaganda we say we want to escape from.

Words matter.

I'm speaking of the trickster as an archetype that manifests in the personality of an individual or culture under certain conditions as an aspect of our psycho/spiritual evolution, not as a discreet entity.
I guess that's my problem with the trickster stuff. I mean, ok, I get the archetype... very useful, but ultimately we are talking about discrete entities and seems to me we have to acknowledge when they don't fit into this neat little trickster box.

If a bear is sedated and then abducted by scientists and has tests done on it, and it’s returned by the scientists afterwards, does it experience paranormal events and synchronicities after its abduction? Lol
well, first off I think that's a somewhat legit question. and even though we're not all the way there, we do have an increased sensitivity regarding the consciousness of animals ( more in line with what animistic cultures have always maintained).

But in this instance the problem is more than lions and tigers and bears, we're talking about a nonhuman intelligence that we seem to have connected with in some very deep/ important/ spiritual/ scary ways

Well... I dunno, Larry. My inherited faith is Roman Catholic but I'll be damned if I'll ever subject myself the the, "Sacrament" of confession again.
nice one... clearly a link to the life review, eh?

I like nuts and bolts. Lets go experience. I emailed Alex a few months ago about my Bigfoot experience living in the backwoods of Oregon in 1973.
yes... amazing. thx for the nudge. informed my chat with Josh.

I guess that's my problem with the trickster stuff. I mean, ok, I get the archetype... very useful, but ultimately we are talking about discrete entities and seems to me we have to acknowledge when they don't fit into this neat little trickster box.
Looking through the lens of archetypal psychology when ever you are observing discreet entities and what they do and how they reveal themselves and how they relate to each other . . . you are looking at archetypal dynamics, patterns, and structures and can compare and contrast discreet entities in various cultures throughout history and possibly get some teleological sense of who they are, what they are about, and perhaps get some insight into the eternal questions you often pose "who are we, why are we here - what should we do. . . and of course by definition none of it fits into a neat little box. I think this is what Mark Vernon was alluding to. Our consciousness manfests through dynamic forms/structures, sacred geometry if you will through which we can incarnate and become free creative individuals. or not:)

A funny but complex Bigfoot story in two parts for everyone's amusement.
- Like 10 years ago I spoke to my neighbour who I'll call M. He told me how he saw a big cat on the other side of the valley we live in (out his window). This is in the UK. The UK has no native big cats but there have been sightings for years (the "Beast of Bodmin"). This was an interesting and strange thing to be told.
- Then bike riding 6/9/2016, my friend P saw a big cat. I was there but missed it as I was looking backwards. He kind of denies it now but it made a big impression on him. When he got to the spot, he got off his bike and man was he looking for this cat.
- We then bike rode the NEXT day again and saw M walking his dog (for the first time ever on these rides). An amazing coincidence. We have done this ride hundreds of times and this was the only time we saw him.
- I always thought of these cats (they have been around for years in Britain) as kind of the "British Bigfoot. So, this is part one of the story and it was pretty amazing to me.

Now part 2.
- Between my house and P's house, I put up a sign a long time ago (10+ years). It says "Slow Children Playing"
- On 18/5/2019, a Bigfoot sticker appeared on the sign! Absolutely hilarious. I expressed to friends how funny I found this.
- Then on 20/5/2019, two days later, the entire sign seems to have been STOLEN. It was held on by two screws, the top one was pretty rotten but the bottom was fine and the sign just disappeared. No sign of damage at the bottom screw so it seems it was unscrewed. I am quite sure my friends are not having me on.. This is now some time ago and I am sure they would have owned up to stealing the sign if one of them had done so.
I have had other synchronicities in my life. This one is a favorite because it is very funny. Anyway. I hope that is interesting to you.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-07-15 at 19.44.14.png
    Screenshot 2019-07-15 at 19.44.14.png
    244.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot 2019-07-15 at 19.44.05.png
    Screenshot 2019-07-15 at 19.44.05.png
    214.7 KB · Views: 1
Slow Children Running from Bigfoot. :)

I saw a mountain lion dart across the road in front of me, through my car headlamps at night, about 7 years ago here in the US. It was crossing the highway right at a notorious deer crossing - but it was definitely not a deer and definitely not a dog. Not a soul believes me, and of course the Dept of Natural Resources literature says that 'there are no mountain lions here'. But they were here, and I suspect are keenly adapted naturally to our environment.

I have old letters written by my 3rd great grandmother, who said that as kids in this area, they were forced to sleep together in the tent in the center of the encampment - because 'panters (panthers: mountain lions) would patrol about and circle the camp, yowling - wanting the children. So the men took turns standing watch with a rifle and tending a large fire nearby us'...

Yet, now here, there are tons of frightened deer hanging about the humans and the houses, and bunches of missing pets. Probably 1 a week now. But no, the mountain lions have not come back, so they say...

Thanks Alan - great stories and Welcome to the Forum!

Last edited:
nice one... clearly a link to the life review, eh?
I was merely trying to portray "confession" as something quite distinct from a life review which entails a revelatory summary of a persons entire life, not just their, "sins." Also, confession is a voluntary act and not necessarily complete due to human forgetfulness. The life review occurs in completeness thanks to our angel's recording of our entire life.

I was merely trying to portray "confession" as something quite distinct from a life review which entails a revelatory summary of a persons entire life, not just their, "sins." Also, confession is a voluntary act and not necessarily complete due to human forgetfulness. The life review occurs in completeness thanks to our angel's recording of our entire life.
my apologies... wasn't trying to misrepresent.

but I still wonder about a potential link here... part of the story Shushan seems to be telling is that the elements of the nde become reinterpreted/reimaged/co-opted over time.

So now I have concluded that good ole bigfoot is right there with UFOs, The Moth Man and similar phenomena that have gained mythological notoriety, yet have left credible witnesses and sometimes some physical evidence.
There's an awful lot of deep woods up here in Canada, Eric. If we consider the accounts of giants in Genesis of the old testament and remains of giants discovered in graves here and there in North America recorded by earlier white settlers... who can say for sure there ain't any remaining? So they got a bit hairy; we might do the same over many generations, its pretty cold up here in winter. According to the Old Testament, during the time of Peleg who was a great grandson of Noah, the Earth was divided. So instead of one big continent, between the huge asteroid impact of Noah's time which fractured the large landmass and continental drift we now have the continents we know. The flora and fauna which were on the original landmass, including the giants which survived the flood remained aboard the continent they happened to be as it separated and moved with it. thus we have, thousands of years later, hairy giants in north,North America... well, that's my theory of it anyway.

Last edited:
my apologies... wasn't trying to misrepresent.

but I still wonder about a potential link here... part of the story Shushan seems to be telling is that the elements of the nde become reinterpreted/reimaged/co-opted over time.
I agree, Alex. Part of the problem is that nde accounts vary so much. Some see relatives, some see religious figures, others simply have an exhilarating escape from reality. There isn't cookie cutter consistancy.

I agree, Alex. Part of the problem is that nde accounts vary so much. Some see relatives, some see religious figures, others simply have an exhilarating escape from reality. There isn't cookie cutter consistancy.
The way I like to look at this is to conclude, as for example, Jurgen Ziewe clearly does, that the non-physical realm is, if anything, more complex and varied than embodied life here on Earth. It simply doesn't have the simplistic (and frankly boring) structure of the heaven described in the Bible. An NDE presumably just samples some part of that complexity. This complexity is fascinating, and yet I don'tthink anybody could have guessed it by reading the Bible - but I am sure you know the Bible far better than I do, so feel free to quote some verses that do mention it.

Also, if the NDE means a separation of our consciousness from our bodies, then it is clearly going to be affected by the thoughts and behaviour patterns we had immediately before the event, and indeed over our lifetimes.

David

A funny but complex Bigfoot story in two parts for everyone's amusement.
- Like 10 years ago I spoke to my neighbour who I'll call M. He told me how he saw a big cat on the other side of the valley we live in (out his window). This is in the UK. The UK has no native big cats but there have been sightings for years (the "Beast of Bodmin"). This was an interesting and strange thing to be told.
- Then bike riding 6/9/2016, my friend P saw a big cat. I was there but missed it as I was looking backwards. He kind of denies it now but it made a big impression on him. When he got to the spot, he got off his bike and man was he looking for this cat.
- We then bike rode the NEXT day again and saw M walking his dog (for the first time ever on these rides). An amazing coincidence. We have done this ride hundreds of times and this was the only time we saw him.
- I always thought of these cats (they have been around for years in Britain) as kind of the "British Bigfoot. So, this is part one of the story and it was pretty amazing to me.

Now part 2.
- Between my house and P's house, I put up a sign a long time ago (10+ years). It says "Slow Children Playing"
- On 18/5/2019, a Bigfoot sticker appeared on the sign! Absolutely hilarious. I expressed to friends how funny I found this.
- Then on 20/5/2019, two days later, the entire sign seems to have been STOLEN. It was held on by two screws, the top one was pretty rotten but the bottom was fine and the sign just disappeared. No sign of damage at the bottom screw so it seems it was unscrewed. I am quite sure my friends are not having me on.. This is now some time ago and I am sure they would have owned up to stealing the sign if one of them had done so.
I have had other synchronicities in my life. This one is a favorite because it is very funny. Anyway. I hope that is interesting to you.

Love the story. I have heard about the big cats in England. Similar stories here is Australia - big black cats - panther size (supported by apparent video shown on telly). Interesting how often I hear accounts of people saying they see things and then later they deny it while the person they told the story to has a clear memory of being told and how exited the teller was.

The sign story is weird. I don't know what a Bigfoot sticker is but I could imagine that the person who put it on the sign later nicked it. I immediately like the idea of a sign warning that slow children are playing ahead. I probably would have nicked it myself - and thought a bigfoot sticker was a bonus.

Back