Kevin Day, Navy UFO Contact After-Effects |403|

...Or they have 'an agenda' that doesn't include us, the public.
agreed, but kind of tricky IMO. during this

kevin takes the position that we should be dishing thx rather then contempt... while I don't totally agree... I get the point

That in itself inspires an uncomfortable element of fabricated mystery, and I despise them for dragging me into their murky little paradigm of secrecy and fear. "Something is coming" yet we're still not told what. It creates apprehension of the unknown and leads to irrational speculation, cultish anxieties, tho (yay for artist's) sometimes creative and entertaining but materialistically limited projections. And when the anticipated event/object comes no closer, generally public lassitude sets in.
nice :) and I agree about the dragging. love new vocab words lassitude (a state of physical or mental weariness; lack of energy). thx

This seems a very effective way of again saying nothing and I'm not dissing Kevin, he's a brave man and in very deep. No surprise tho, coming from a domineering Govt 'cult' operating within a self-created paradigm of warfare, repressive hierarchy and ignorance (same old) As someone said, if the ETs wanted to kill us, they could have done so easily by now. The more insidious threat that any one of these 6 levels is potential as invasion in the form of investigative surgery, compulsory sex or mental manipulation is so terrifying to me that I can't look at it. But some humans do all these things, just with a less awful level of sophisticated technique.
been thinking much the same. agree, has to be looked at through the "cult" lens. definitely agree regarding the level of tech... WWWD ( what would we do) :)

R D Laing who wrote The Divided Self said that the most sane people were those who couldn't or wouldn't go along with this insane world. I'm not qualified and don't know how it is for your sister, but I'm also not convinced that psychiatrists have the answer, they seem stuck in their own professional concepts, too conventional and trying to 'normalise' everyone. I think we must stop trying to fit into narrow, fictional 'ideals'. If there is emotion, anger or tears, there is a need not being met, the frustration of that must drive people to react, and if that's dangerous for a psychiatrist it makes me think they've missed something, such as treating people with honesty and true respect.

When I 'heard' things in my head it was usually some critical, self-abusive comment but I eventually practiced recognising it, detaching and evaluating if it was a fair comment I agreed with and needed to work on or was unreasonable and nonsense. Some days I just say "nope, not listening to that". It is hard and very scary trying to make sense of your mind, with your mind, and takes time. Now I have few only very trusted friends, can't take dishonesty or any sense of an alternative agenda with people, and took a vow to love respect and trust my Self. I actually enjoy being with my self and we often have a laugh! Recovering self-worth in your own eyes is a first and vital step.

The times I didn't want to go on, I always had someone who would be devastated (currently it is my daughter) which always stops me contemplating that 'option'. You sound like a lovely brother, I'm sure it is you she'd stay alive for, don't be afraid to let her know that, it's just not an option, she has a responsibility to you and your happiness, as well as to her Self, I'm sure she knows this. As we get older, we get better even at this game called life. We learn ways to get through. I dance or consult my I Ching which makes me have to meditate. It is my intuition that has the answers.

This must all sound very lightweight in the face of powerful trauma that has led to your sister's torment, but remember all things pass, even emotional states only last 90 seconds if we sit and make friends with their innate wisdom. Deep down we know ourselves better than anyone else does and know best how to love who we are.
I'm hesitant to jump into a discussion about anyone's experience except my own. I got my voice and you got yours :-) lately, really really enjoy diving back into mickey singer:
Living From a Place of Surrender - The Untethered Soul ...

I had a quick look at the link and my BS detector came off standby. I'd need to look a lot deeper - but first up impression is - nah.
I understand your reservations. I did a google search on the guy and found he is a mental health professional working in arizona.

The schizos need treatment, but mediums are supposedly mostly happy because their voices are helpful.

In short, if negative entities feed off our misery, why not all of our emotions? Wouldn't you want the panacea and the poison? You can't control what you don't understand. We feel free but we lack the knowledge to be free. Victim status is just another narrative.
agreed. becomes a complicated mess of very quickly. I keep coming back to the folly mind = brain psychiatry.

Hi Alex
Im busy doing hypnosis studies at the moment and it ties in a lot with this as there is a branch of hypnosis that is dedicated to spirit possession
or should I say depossession.
I could get some info for you if you want to get sucked down that hole... the only way I can make any real sense of it is by doing the
Idea thing (bernado) or the Big Toe thing(Campbell) to protect the mind from spirits and demons, it gets crazy but interesting.
Blaise
yes. pls pass along.

Its a disease that can devastate personality. I know what you meant. It's all good.

Love is always the answer. When I'm struggling or afraid (tho it is nothing compared to what your sister deals with) I sing..there is a song by David Bowie, tho I don't think he wrote it, goes 'fill your heart with Love today..' it's a way of drowning out any other shit that taking up room in my head.
Your love for each other is her lifeline, all the very best to you both

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Alex
Im busy doing hypnosis studies at the moment and it ties in a lot with this as there is a branch of hypnosis that is dedicated to spirit possession
or should I say depossession.
I could get some info for you if you want to get sucked down that hole... the only way I can make any real sense of it is by doing the
Idea thing (bernado) or the Big Toe thing(Campbell) to protect the mind from spirits and demons, it gets crazy but interesting.
Blaise

MBT? I recall vaguely Tom claiming 'wars and rumors of wars' in the afterlife realm. And then he goes on and on about reality having a 'policy' superstructure which explains deviation in the matrix.

E.g.,

His only saving grace is that he is a smart guy who actually wants to run experiments. But there is no consensus that it will help: https://www.nist.gov/blogs/taking-measure/local-realism-bells-inequality-and-t-shirts-entangled-tale or even more important -- that anyone will care. I like Tom. I don't believe Tom. But most cannot go any deeper than this and so just believe because they need help.

Like my sister. Smart woman. Has schizophrenia. Plans on using hypnosis. Do some actual research and be my hero!

MBT? I recall vaguely Tom claiming 'wars and rumors of wars' in the afterlife realm. And then he goes on and on about reality having a 'policy' superstructure which explains deviation in the matrix.

E.g.,

His only saving grace is that he is a smart guy who actually wants to run experiments. But there is no consensus that it will help: https://www.nist.gov/blogs/taking-measure/local-realism-bells-inequality-and-t-shirts-entangled-tale or even more important -- that anyone will care. I like Tom. I don't believe Tom. But most cannot go any deeper than this and so just believe because they need help.

Like my sister. Smart woman. Has schizophrenia. Plans on using hypnosis. Do some actual research and be my hero!

Hi Super
What Im trying to get across, not very clrealy though is that Im trying to get away from the baggage of spiritialism
or Magic etc and use a system that seems in part to have been accepted by modern medicine if not science, totally.
The early hypnosis history had all sorts of fun stuff like telepathy,magic magnetized trees and baths (ala Lourdes)
and other crazy things too numerous to go into here that most hynotists are not aware of. To me it opens
up the channels in a "clean" sort of way, though that is just based on my own bias and instinct.
This discussion seems to have joined up with the Gordon White one somehow,hope that wasnt my fault,thoughts
are running in tandem like a second universe.About Tom, I think he is genuine but is caught in a loop of trying to
make his stuff sound fresh so it seems to be morphing a little.

Hi Super
What Im trying to get across, not very clrealy though is that Im trying to get away from the baggage of spiritialism
or Magic etc and use a system that seems in part to have been accepted by modern medicine if not science, totally.
The early hypnosis history had all sorts of fun stuff like telepathy,magic magnetized trees and baths (ala Lourdes)
and other crazy things too numerous to go into here that most hynotists are not aware of. To me it opens
up the channels in a "clean" sort of way, though that is just based on my own bias and instinct.
This discussion seems to have joined up with the Gordon White one somehow,hope that wasnt my fault,thoughts
are running in tandem like a second universe.About Tom, I think he is genuine but is caught in a loop of trying to
make his stuff sound fresh so it seems to be morphing a little.

Yes, Tom does seem to be repeating himself over and over.

Hypnosis is a valid treatment sure.

The seeing without eyes video is intriguing to me because it coincides with a series of synchronicities. But, I still have much doubt.

I understand your reservations. I did a google search on the guy and found he is a mental health professional working in arizona.
I cannot find the exact timestamp, but in an interview he seems to over generalize. He says, basically, all the schizoprenic patients would not socialize with the pastor and other prisoners do to fear of the bible. He later states they were afraid of pslams like worms writhing in a hot pan (i.e., the voices).

I am totally going to ask my sister if I can read the same passage to the so called entities and see what she says. Maybe its cultural? Sister is a Mormon, so maybe their are inspiring passages there. We'll see.

What Happens After?

My latest blog article... What happens after disclosure is dominant thought? The fake skeptics will not surrender. They will fight to the death (Kuhn-Planck Paradigm Shift).

https://theethicalskeptic.com/2019/03/22/what-happens-after/

I can write fake skeptic magazine articles in my sleep.

Skeptic-Eurmerican-3.png

Last edited:
Aliens strongly implies super intelligence to me!

The core difference between aliens/ID/alt skeptic crowd and establishment science is idealism. In particular, the realism-anti-realism distinction.

As alex is fond of saying, 'its not about the data' but how it makes us feel:

Even for the establishment!

Also if consciousness is the answer (aka idealism) and we are not biological robots and we don't understand consciousness maybe our own path of self discovery is us being human. Maybe this whole world's purpose is hidden because we are supposed to live out lives figuring it out by being ourselves -- the good and the bad, because that is what our ancestors want! Ya know, in the simulation we are in.

I don't have a better word than simulation, sorry. Qualia is the cutting edge of alien science! :) We ain't robots cuz we have feelings.

IMAO we only say we aint ''that' because we don't understand it. Robots cannot feel! Impossible...technology?

doh! guess we are robots after all! Well,our bodies are...but concsciousness why that's special and protected.

Last edited:
Aliens strongly implies super intelligence to me!

The core difference between aliens/ID/alt skeptic crowd and establishment science is idealism. In particular, the realism-anti-realism distinction.

As alex is fond of saying, 'its not about the data' but how it makes us feel:

Even for the establishment!

Also if consciousness is the answer (aka idealism) and we are not biological robots and we don't understand consciousness maybe our own path of self discovery is us being human. Maybe this whole world's purpose is hidden because we are supposed to live out lives figuring it out by being ourselves -- the good and the bad, because that is what our ancestors want! Ya know, in the simulation we are in.

I don't have a better word than simulation, sorry. Qualia is the cutting edge of alien science! :) We ain't robots cuz we have feelings.

IMAO we only say we aint ''that' because we don't understand it. Robots cannot feel! Impossible...technology?

doh! guess we are robots after all! Well,our bodies are...but concsciousness why that's special and protected.
Hmmm the video seems to be about reducing philosophy to gut feeling - above all that of the speaker!
The problem with his POV, is that it seems to rapidly degenerate into the untenable view that the real world must generate consciousness. Once it is accepted that consciousness is an irreducible component of reality, all bets are off, because imagining reality without consciousness is rather like trying to imagine reality without electromagnetism.

My only objection to talk of the word 'simulation' is that it conjures up for many, including I am sure, Neil deGrasse Tyson, the image of a vast celestial computer program, nothing like Idealism!

David

Last edited:
What Happens After?

My latest blog article... What happens after disclosure is dominant thought? The fake skeptics will not surrender. They will fight to the death (Kuhn-Planck Paradigm Shift).

https://theethicalskeptic.com/2019/03/22/what-happens-after/

I can write fake skeptic magazine articles in my sleep.

Skeptic-Eurmerican-3.png
I guess that article reminds me of why I don't bother reading Scientific American any more :( It is an article that deals with a vitally important subject, yet begins with a sneer aimed at people with a certain American accent (as if that were relevant). It then dodges all the real questions and tries the blame the whole thing on Russian hoaxes!

It is deeply reminiscent of so much other journalism these days. For example, we woke up this morning to the news that the Mueller investigation had found nothing against the President! The BBC managed to handle that by interviewing a Democrat who said, in effect, that the outcome was regrettable, but there were plenty of other investigations on-going into the President!

In both cases there is an attempt to hide the real news under a fog of innuendo and vague verbal atmospherics.

David

In both cases there is an attempt to hide the real news under a fog of innuendo and vague verbal atmospherics.

To me, it doesn’t point to the innocence of Trump. I believe that he’s probably not guilty of Russian collusion in the election, but he’s quite likely to have been involved with them in all sorts of shady deals. But that’s of little interest, at least to me.

Trump, like Brexit, has been a mechanism which has shown the true nature on all sides of our respective societies. The inability to compromise, the dogma, the raging hypocrisy.

Both mechanisms have been a mirror which has been raised, we ought to take time to learn from the sordid picture it has revealed, some self-reflection is desperately called for.

Hmmm the video seems to be about reducing philosophy to gut feeling - above all that of the speaker!
The problem with his POV, is that it seems to rapidly degenerate into the untenable view that the real world must generate consciousness. Once it is accepted that consciousness is an irreducible component of reality, all bets are off, because imagining reality without consciousness is rather like trying to imagine reality without electromagnetism.

My only objection to talk of the word 'simulation' is that it conjures up for many, including I am sure, Neil deGrasse Tyson, the image of a vast celestial computer program, nothing like Idealism!

David
Wow that was a poorly worded post by me. Didn't realize how sleep deprived I was, sorry.

As for the real world generating consciousness idea, I used to believe that! Now I am enamored by a new master:

https://www.lesswrong.com/posts/Qan...-and-the-limits-of-computational-epistemology

tldr; the two levels of describing experience bullshit is wrong. Quantum, something something is right, but not MWI. The author doesn't admit idealism, but quantum consciousness, which is the right direction.

Also don't forget basic biology, like the importance of oxygen for memory formation. The brain IS doing something, after all, even if all we see are mere shadows of ourselves in there.

Last edited:
Also don't forget basic biology, like the importance of oxygen for memory formation. The brain IS doing something, after all, even if all we see are mere shadows of ourselves in there.

OTOH, one can look at things from an idealist viewpoint. The brain ISN'T doing anything, but is rather the appearance of processes going on in the consciousness of MAL. This appearance is merely a correlation with such processes as they present themselves to perception.

Correlation isn't the same thing as causation. It's true enough that regarding correlation as causation is to some extent pragmatically useful, but in the end, it leads only to models of reality or, put slightly differently, to icons on the "desktop interface" of perception, as Donald Hoffman might put it.

One can seemingly do quite a lot with desktop icons -- drag and drop, right-click to present properties and options, etc. and it's all consistent and reliable, but one shouldn't think that icons in and of themselves are doing anything: they're rather just representations of underlying programmed features, which are what are doing the heavy lifting.

Sooner or later, regarding icons as reality usually leads to some kind of inconsistency, some kind of puzzle or contradiction. This is when scientists have a tendency to start creating models that are highly speculative; but even so, sometimes they promote and hang on to them tenaciously, preventing science from making better models. IMO, examples include the Darwinian model of evolution, climate change as having a primarily anthropogenic cause (and being catastrophic), black holes, "dark" matter/energy, and so on. None of these appear to exist even as icons, but are most probably figments of the imagination with very little empirical (i.e. even perceptual and iconic) evidence for them.

If the brain is actually doing something, ask yourself why it is that a few people with very little brain tissue can still function, even occasionally have above average intelligence and appear generally normal. Science has a tendency to ignore black swans like this. It turns out that the brain might not actually be even a useful icon of reality, let alone a causally efficient factor in human mentation.

Idealism transfers causality to where I suspect it truly belongs (MAL), and in principle explains the many puzzles that modern science currently faces. If scientists weren't so dogmatic, so ferociously (and emotionally) attached to naive realism, they'd be much more open to non-mainstream hypotheses and less liable to tie themselves in knots; knots that sometimes even non-scientists using only commonsense can legitimately question.

Last edited:
Wow that was a poorly worded post by me. Didn't realize how sleep deprived I was, sorry.
Well it was worth posting the video, because it shows just how weak the conventional position is becoming.
As for the real world generating consciousness idea, I used to believe that! Now I am enamored by a new master:

https://www.lesswrong.com/posts/Qan...-and-the-limits-of-computational-epistemology

tldr; the two levels of describing experience bullshit is wrong. Quantum, something something is right, but not MWI. The author doesn't admit idealism, but quantum consciousness, which is the right direction.
Well QM replaces conventional reality with a wave function that represents a range of possible outcomes when someone makes a measurement. The problem is, you make a measurement with more physical stuff, which is itself also described by a wavefunction. The wave function should not be thought of as a probability distribution because it is a wave, that can be positive or negative. As a result, those waves can cancel each other out, as they do at the points of darkness on the screen in the double slit experiment.

It is very hard to get your head around what QM really means (the maths is a bit easier) but physical reality only emerges by averaging over all the interesting stuff.

BTW, you should read up about the spasm of hype in the 1980's for AI. It was amazing, and it had most of the ingredients of the modern hype:

1) Unbounded optimism for the technology.

2) Endless discussions about whether AI systems would wipe us out, or keep us like pets. Talk of teaching AI systems compassion, etc etc.

3) Fanciful projects that were just the beginning, and never quite materialized.

4) Talk about the terrifying military possibilities of AI.

And then ............................... practically nothing.

The interesting thing is that AI enthusiasts never mention its history (perhaps they don't know it).

I am still waiting for driverless cars that really drive, coping with complex roadworks, and late night revelers, and potholes, and bad weather, and animals misbehaving.........

Well of course, basic biology is involved somehow, but you are forgetting NDE's where people separate from their body because it is, to all intents and purposes dead, and glimpse a larger reality using a mind that most report as being much more acute. One theory is that the brain dumbs the mind down and focuses it on immediate physical concerns.

David

Last edited:
Well of course, basic biology is involved somehow, but you are forgetting NDE's where people separate from their body because it is, to all intents and purposes dead, and glimpse a larger reality using a mind that most report as being much more acute. One theory is that the brain dumbs the mind down and focuses it on immediate physical concerns.David

Again, from an Idealist perspective, people could be regarded as not so much "separating" from their bodies during NDEs (a dualistic way of putting it) as entering a state where, temporarily, they don't perceive their bodies and brains as being, respectively, their lives and individual mentations. Instead, since the notion that these icons are literal agents is no longer sustainable, they lose this ordinary perception and connect/reconnect with a more refined, "non-physical" perception of their truer nature; with their being processes occurring in the consciousness of MAL (though they might not apprehend it in exactly those terms).

If they don't recover, the apparent separation persists for them; from their subjective viewpoint, they have merely made a transition. From a second-person perspective, their "bodies" and "brains" persist for a time until the processes associated with dying leads to apparent decomposition. Naive realists take this iconic, second-person representation of their transition as what has actually happened; for them, not only have the icons of their existence permanently disappeared, but also their actual existence.

I recently came across a good image or metaphor for this sort of thing in a link from from a post on BK's blog; I'd already had an image somewhat similar to this before, but this develops the image/metaphor further than I had.

Last edited:
Well it was worth posting the video, because it shows just how weak the conventional position is becoming.

Well QM replaces conventional reality with a wave function that represents a range of possible outcomes when someone makes a measurement. The problem is, you make a measurement with more physical stuff, which is itself also described by a wavefunction. The wave function should not be thought of as a probability distribution because it is a wave, that can be positive or negative. As a result, those waves can cancel each other out, as they do at the points of darkness on the screen in the double slit experiment.

It is very hard to get your head around what QM really means (the maths is a bit easier) but physical reality only emerges by averaging over all the interesting stuff.

BTW, you should read up about the spasm of hype in the 1980's for AI. It was amazing, and it had most of the ingredients of the modern hype:

Well of course, basic biology is involved somehow, but you are forgetting NDE's where people separate from their body because it is, to all intents and purposes dead, and glimpse a larger reality using a mind that most report as being much more acute. One theory is that the brain dumbs the mind down and focuses it on immediate physical concerns.

David

Its the life review that convinces me that something radically new exists which we haven't encountered. Both seeing others point of view and reliving an entire life! The brain cannot do that? The best physicalist theory cannot allow the re-experience of someones elses life. Kurzweil imagines this possibility with nanobots. Frankly, I think we exist after death because we are part of the causal chain that creates something greater.

My point in mentioned biology is to just say 'and' a lot rather than 'or'. Eg, it appears its natural selection and some form of ID, but that gets lost in negating ID or negating natural selection.

Minsky helped launch the Ai winter. Before he died, Minsky was still asking how the brain stores long term memory. A video that I once saw incudes Kurzweil's protégé David Darlymple with Minsky discussing neural simulations. Does the brain do memory, computation, storage?

I think so. Is that all it does? The last of us. Maybe not.

Back