Matthew Alper, Have Skeptics Lost Their Edge? |448|

There's a brand of spirituality that teaches matter is "real." Le Hongzhi, who is the founder of Falun Dafa, teaches that conserving your virtue or white substance & eliminating karma or black substance & avoiding collecting more of it causes your mortal body molecular make-up to be gradually replaced by indestructible, high-energy matter. This is the Buddha School method of becoming an Immortal. If I understand him correctly, then altering our energetic make-up over a long period of time frees us from the cycle of birth, old age, illness, & death. So, is Le Hongzhi ultimately a "materialist" spiritual teacher?
Sam Harris is kind of like that

What makes him a "Satan worshipper"?
Do I have to tell you? I mean you really can't see it or hear it? How old are you? Have you traveled? Okay, MAYBE I stepped a tad bit over the line, but he doesn't believe in anything. In fact, he doesn't like anyone who does. He thinks they are idiots. He's an angry old man. He's made up his mind, it's all useless, all for not unless he gets something.

Mostly he's angry & disgruntled. That's anti-life. Now, that doesn't make you a "satan worshiper" but it does point you down that path. Plus he LOOKS like one. Not sure if he actually BUYS the black candles but... let's just say he's not happy. Not happy one bit. A rock kicker.

So.. I guess if you want to put a fine point on it, I'd say he's a disgruntled rock kicker who thinks YOU are stupid (unless you agree with him).

yeah, I didn't get that either.
Alex, Alex... you didn't see it because you were busy trying to interview him & "dig in" as you say. He's a rock kicker. Do you know why his book sold? Because he was on Art Bell. One of the great interviewers of all time. Art Bell, if he wanted, could make a hole look like you found a pot of gold at Disneyland.

First I listened, came to comment then I saw his photo. That was all I needed. Granted he is from the north (was it N.Y. or N.J.?). yeah, so he's going to come off harsh. It was his choice of words, tone than that face. Again, not that he's buying the black candles, I doubt he'd take the time. It's all in his head already.

Mat the materialist says that consciousness is a sequence of members of a subset of the set of all possible brain configurations.
Mat says that when a particular sequence of this subset, consciousness, is present we experience the image of a brain and its' interactions. All the ideas, models, explanations, and images of brain are sequences of members of a subset of the subset consciousness. Thus brain the entire set is contained in a subset of a subset of itself.
Mat the materialist thinks idealists have some crazy ideas.
^^^^
EXACTLY. "What a fool believes, he sees." Song of the day:

Do I have to tell you? I mean you really can't see it or hear it? How old are you? Have you traveled? Okay, MAYBE I stepped a tad bit over the line, but he doesn't believe in anything. In fact, he doesn't like anyone who does. He thinks they are idiots. He's an angry old man. He's made up his mind, it's all useless, all for not unless he gets something.

Mostly he's angry & disgruntled. That's anti-life. Now, that doesn't make you a "satan worshiper" but it does point you down that path. Plus he LOOKS like one. Not sure if he actually BUYS the black candles but... let's just say he's not happy. Not happy one bit. A rock kicker.

So.. I guess if you want to put a fine point on it, I'd say he's a disgruntled rock kicker who thinks YOU are stupid (unless you agree with him).
I travel he has a smug look and that's fine, but being an atheist doesn't mean you're a "Satan worshipper" I don't believe in Satan nor anything Christianity has made up. In the Jewish faith as I found out recently there is no concept of Satan or the devil or whatever Christians made upon further study angels and demons were introduced in to scriptures later and not apart of any original texts.

I travel he has a smug look and that's fine, but being an atheist doesn't mean you're a "Satan worshipper" I don't believe in Satan nor anything Christianity has made up. In the Jewish faith as I found out recently there is no concept of Satan or the devil or whatever Christians made upon further study angels and demons were introduced in to scriptures later and not apart of any original texts.
Saying you're an "atheist" kind of makes the person saying it, look stupid. There is no such thing. You can be an agnostic, but a true atheist pretends to know exactly. They don't and can't prove it, at least as of now on this earthly plane.

I think Jews do believe in the "devil". Somebody correct me but isn't the Torah the old testament of the Christian Bible more or less? I'm not Jewish, I just know a lot of them :) I think they do believe in this fallen angel or that snake in the garden. A concept? Like.. corruption or lies. Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm right.

Christians just made the devil into some kind of physical thing. BOOOOOOOO! I think it's a force. It can get in ya! LOOK OUT! LOL. But so can good. It's pretty much your choice.

BUT, you can't go around dashing Christians hopes to hell. The reason is... I can do it. I too can show anyone the faults within the Bible. Show how it makes no sense, in fact sometimes the total opposite of what you'd want. But, once done... you just destroyed someone's hopes. Now, you're looking into the eyes of a person who has lost faith. yeah that. Been there done that. That doesn't make you good.

Christ's teachings were to be good, kind. It's not a bad idea. The problem is a lot of "those kinds of people" is they wield it like a sword over people. That was NOT Christ's teachings. That wasn't what he wanted to get over to people. Lots of churches, priests, people ruined it.

Saying you're an "atheist" kind of makes the person saying it, look stupid. There is no such thing. You can be an agnostic, but a true atheist pretends to know exactly. They don't and can't prove it, at least as of now on this earthly plane.

I think Jews do believe in the "devil". Somebody correct me but isn't the Torah the old testament of the Christian Bible more or less? I'm not Jewish, I just know a lot of them :) I think they do believe in this fallen angel or that snake in the garden. A concept? Like.. corruption or lies. Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm right.

Christians just made the devil into some kind of physical thing. BOOOOOOOO! I think it's a force. It can get in ya! LOOK OUT! LOL. But so can good. It's pretty much your choice.

BUT, you can't go around dashing Christians hopes to hell. The reason is... I can do it. I too can show anyone the faults within the Bible. Show how it makes no sense, in fact sometimes the total opposite of what you'd want. But, once done... you just destroyed someone's hopes. Now, you're looking into the eyes of a person who has lost faith. yeah that. Been there done that. That doesn't make you good.

Christ's teachings were to be good, kind. It's not a bad idea. The problem is a lot of "those kinds of people" is they wield it like a sword over people. That was NOT Christ's teachings. That wasn't what he wanted to get over to people. Lots of churches, priests, people ruined it.
Jews don't actually believe in that concept maybe some do now, but beliefs with no foundation are dangerous. Popular culture would have people believe a lot of things. People's cultures and have faiths have been destroyed for centuries. Christianity is a mix of many pagan customs suited for the current culture. Jesus was not known to exist, the evidence is flimsy. Besides I never Had hate in my heart, I'm far from perfect but as a child I knew right from wrong. Atheist is a placeholder term for me, as I pointed out before native Indians, Africans and aboriginals had their cultures destroyed, but Christianity just can't be? I find that fascinately arrogant, those cultures have no concepts of a devil or angels or demons. But since Christianity borrowed from them and made certain translations superstitious we should just take that with out a grain of salt. It's just a messy idea and it doesn't solve anything. If you look up the etymology of the word demon it has a completely different definition. Also back in those times if you were sick they with diseases science has treatments for you would be considered to have demons. I doubt there's a force, I mean there are men walking around who think they are women what force is that feminine energy? Lol

Rick is on his game... Hoffman too!
Rick should stick to his game. In a recent interview he referred to all the conspiracy theories around the origin of COVID19, and in referring to the one I adhere to (having the relevant credentials and massive research under my belt), he said, "of course we know that's absurd." And then he just went to his next point without hesitating. With naive dogmatism like his, we can't help but end in extinction. P.S. It is not similar to asking Einstein his wisdom on politics. It is a question of Rick's being in a vocation that presupposes his being informed regarding the darker aspects of our reality.

Rick should stick to his game. In a recent interview he referred to all the conspiracy theories around the origin of COVID19, and in referring to the one I adhere to (having the relevant credentials and massive research under my belt), he said, "of course we know that's absurd." And then he just went to his next point without hesitating. With naive dogmatism like his, we can't help but end in extinction. P.S. It is not similar to asking Einstein his wisdom on politics. It is a question of Rick's being in a vocation that presupposes his being informed regarding the darker aspects of our reality.
well yeah, there is that part of Rick's game :)
https://skeptiko.com/science-proved-him-wrong-about-global-warming-310/
He thought his beliefs about global warming were based on science. Science proved him wrong |310|
by Alex Tsakiris | Mar 29 | Skepticism | 0 comments
Share99
Tweet
99SHARES
Rick Archer from Buddha at the Gas Pump provides a demonstration of challenging beliefs on global warming.

It explained simply and beautifully here by a "Kang"
Yes there is a force it's called negation, when a virus(demons before microscope was invented) or bacteria enters a body it is met with what? Negation..... your immune system white blood cells are negating the virus for a place to live. Hypothetically speaking these viruses are looking for a host, yes they can or will eventually kill us but our body will fight using negation, these poor viruses are probably thinking that our immune system is some bad people possessed by "evil" inclinations but it's not it's our own immune system it's good for us, but bad for viruses and bacteria.
Now look at humans, we can be seen as a virus, we consume and kill plants and animals, we knock down trees pollute the air and oceans of Mother earth. That is our negation, if earth was conscious we would be viewed as something negative/negation. What possesses us to kill animals and plants survival? Ok but viruses and bacteria need to survive sometimes at our peril. You can say eating animals and plants of for survival, but pollution of air, oceans, rivers is not. It's negation its an opposing force it oppose nature which we are apart of, but mother earth usually wins nature overcomes.

One man's "God" is another man's "devil"

Jews don't actually believe in that concept maybe some do now, but beliefs with no foundation are dangerous. Popular culture would have people believe a lot of things. People's cultures and have faiths have been destroyed for centuries. Christianity is a mix of many pagan customs suited for the current culture. Jesus was not known to exist, the evidence is flimsy. Besides I never Had hate in my heart, I'm far from perfect but as a child I knew right from wrong. Atheist is a placeholder term for me, as I pointed out before native Indians, Africans and aboriginals had their cultures destroyed, but Christianity just can't be? I find that fascinately arrogant, those cultures have no concepts of a devil or angels or demons. But since Christianity borrowed from them and made certain translations superstitious we should just take that with out a grain of salt. It's just a messy idea and it doesn't solve anything. If you look up the etymology of the word demon it has a completely different definition. Also back in those times if you were sick they with diseases science has treatments for you would be considered to have demons. I doubt there's a force, I mean there are men walking around who think they are women what force is that feminine energy? Lol
I agree with basically what you said. But you are totally wrong on one thing. There IS a "force". Just like energy, there is positive & negative. There are deep, dark & evil forces as well as good. They can take the form of a psychopath that does its nasty all over people. No. One thing I do know 100% is, there is evil and it is a "force".

Which brings me to my Q of why Alex wants to find this out. But, I'll ask him later.

Quit calling yourself an "atheist" you're an agnostic. Ya should have learned that in college.

It explained simply and beautifully here by a "Kang"
Yes there is a force it's called negation, when a virus(demons before microscope was invented) or bacteria enters a body it is met with what? Negation..... your immune system white blood cells are negating the virus for a place to live. Hypothetically speaking these viruses are looking for a host, yes they can or will eventually kill us but our body will fight using negation, these poor viruses are probably thinking that our immune system is some bad people possessed by "evil" inclinations but it's not it's our own immune system it's good for us, but bad for viruses and bacteria.
Now look at humans, we can be seen as a virus, we consume and kill plants and animals, we knock down trees pollute the air and oceans of Mother earth. That is our negation, if earth was conscious we would be viewed as something negative/negation. What possesses us to kill animals and plants survival? Ok but viruses and bacteria need to survive sometimes at our peril. You can say eating animals and plants of for survival, but pollution of air, oceans, rivers is not. It's negation its an opposing force it oppose nature which we are apart of, but mother earth usually wins nature overcomes.

One man's "God" is another man's "devil"

Love it, love it. But a virus is not a living thing. It's a machine. Its only job is to replicate. Hence, we might be in some trouble w/this new one.

well yeah, there is that part of Rick's game :)
https://skeptiko.com/science-proved-him-wrong-about-global-warming-310/
He thought his beliefs about global warming were based on science. Science proved him wrong |310|
by Alex Tsakiris | Mar 29 | Skepticism | 0 comments
Share99
Tweet
99SHARES
Rick Archer from Buddha at the Gas Pump provides a demonstration of challenging beliefs on global warming.
I listened to that one, and you won hands down, Guess what--Rick still adheres to global warming. As evidenced is almost every interview. It's not just him--many of his guests are in a bubble of ignorance as well. There are cultish aspects at work IMO.

Back