Modern Science, is it verified that abortions potentially leave future born child some defects?

Surely it would be more useful to look up medical research than ask a forum dedicated to parapsychology debates?

If a woman had man made abortions many times, say, 3 ~ 5 times or even more.

Will that influence the quality of her future birth? Is there scientific proof or statistical evidence? Is it sure that either of the following will happen:

1, If she will give birth to a child in the future, that child will definitely be influenced by the maternal abortions in the past, and there is a high probability that the child's quality (intelligence, etc) will be influenced towards a bad direction?

2, Is it possible that certain numbers of abortion will have a "good" influence? Say, 1 ~ 2 times abortions will help the women give birth to a more excellent child in the future?

3, Abortions in the past have no influence in the quality of the future born child in any way, no better influence, no worse either.

Which one is verified by modern science?

After all, man made abortions have a relatively short history, in the long run of human species evolutionary history, man made abortions didn't effectively exist. So I wonder the influence of this human social activity to the quality of our next generation, at least a part of us or part of the people connected to each one of us.

Thank you!

Your comments are very disturbing on many levels, particularly so given your posts discribing your heartbreak and suffering over the unrequited love for your married and pregnant colleague.

I certainly hope the moderator puts a swift end to this line of conversation.

Your comments are very disturbing on many levels, particularly so given your posts discribing your heartbreak and suffering over the unrequited love for your married and pregnant colleague.

Sorry, but before that, could I ask you, what's the relation between this post and whatever colleague. Please, this has nothing to do with me or someone I know, it's just a generalized question that we human beings all should pay attention to. It's about science, nothing to do with whatever heartbreak or suffering over whatever. Don't you agree?

It is extremely disturbing that I find my post disgusts the other members. I'm terribly sorry.

But I see many people always choose to ignore the "disturbing and dark" truth, lest their beautiful moods will be compromised.

No matter how soothing the words "warm light", "all is about love" are, how they could ease us, as long as we still live, we have no way to escape the dark and disturbing truth on the earth.

My post is not about me or any specific person, this world is full of careless, reckless, evil persons, brutes, schizos, psychos and tragedies. You choose to embrace the light and ignore the dark, then that would be a disregard to what we call as "our lives".

Happy or not, oblivion will swallow everything, I now can see this truth from someone's attitude. It's a protection to one's heart if one could choose to forget everything and embrace the "nothing light". But there is no truth in "nothing light".

There's no need to delete your posts, tarantulanebula. You seem to be a sincere poster who asks what's genuinely on his mind, and you are always respectful, so feel free to stick around and continue as you have been. I am sorry that life is painful for you - I go through difficult periods too, so I can empathise. That you are managing to hold down a job despite your suffering is a credit to you. I share with you an awareness of the darkness, which contrasts with the "it's all love and light" view. Unfortunately, it is very difficult to work out what's ultimately going on, but in the end I have faith that there is an ultimate goodness in which we can put our faith and hope despite that which seeks to drag us down.

On the question of your original post in this thread, Sci is probably correct that a medical forum is a better place to ask that question than this forum, but don't feel bad about having posted an interesting question in the wrong place!

Warmly,
Laird

I share with you an awareness of the darkness, which contrasts with the "it's all love and light" view.
Me also, the 'darkness' had a major impact on my life - effectively bringing it to halt, when I was younger. Nowadays it's still there, but has much reduced effect, and certainly doesn't feel as bad.

One thing which I've found that helps is this. When I was learning to drive a car, I sometimes had trouble steering. The instructor advised me to "look where you want to go". If you look in a particular direction, you'll automatically steer towards that direction. Of course a key part of driving is to look around and be aware of one's surroundings, in all directions, so this does not mean being blind to things. It is more like something which I've said before, many times. Our thoughts are creative. We are not passive observers. So by focusing our attention on where we'd like to go, we can help to bring that about (rather than focusing on where we don't want to go, which has similar creative force).

I hope this doesn't sound patronising or belittling of anyone else's experiences. I know words are easy, and living may not be.

Last edited:

Hi beyondmortality, I just wanted to put tarantulanebula's comments into context: he is a Chinese citizen, the country of the "one child policy", so perhaps this explains his interest in abortion. I understand how this might seem creepy in the context of his... obsessive?... interest in a pregnant colleague, but I accept his word that the two interests aren't linked. He has, in any case, blanked out his original post, so any potential moderator intervention seems to have been rendered moot.

I apologise for not addressing your concerns earlier. I ought to have done so at the same time as, or prior to, addressing tarantulanebula. Thanks for raising your concerns so forthrightly.

Hi beyondmortality, I just wanted to put tarantulanebula's comments into context: he is a Chinese citizen, the country of the "one child policy", so perhaps this explains his interest in abortion. I understand how this might seem creepy in the context of his... obsessive?... interest in a pregnant colleague, but I accept his word that the two interests aren't linked. He has, in any case, blanked out his original post, so any potential moderator intervention seems to have been rendered moot.

I apologise for not addressing your concerns earlier. I ought to have done so at the same time as, or prior to, addressing tarantulanebula. Thanks for raising your concerns so forthrightly.

Dear Laird, thank you for your kind moderation, I accept any arbitration by forum crew.

I should refrain from talking irrelevant topics to parapsychology but I want to explain that I strongly oppose avoidable or unnecessary abortions because it generally is a hurt to women health. I respect life, I respect health and I respect ladies.

It indeed would seem creepy, if my purpose were to be misunderstood.

So I apologize. I want to explain that I always heed the dark humanity, because it is those people living under the threat of evil humanity who should be taken care, because they are in constant potential danger of being hurt. I don't mean to "create" the creepy concern, I just can't ignore the creepy things which have already existed on earth.

Hi beyondmortality,

I now can understand why my post disturbs you, because it is disturbing to any lady. I respect lady like you no less than any woman in my surrounding.

I now have realized my fault. Trust me, there is no creepy purpose in my heart, but the world is indeed cruel, and I no longer refer the generalization to someone specific. Let's say just forget it and leave it be. Wish you all good.

Laird, I appreciate very much your addressing the issue. It really upset me when I read the post. I understand that there is a language and culture translation issue. And I know that he is deeply hurt right now. I have extended a kind hand of friendship toward him because I understand he is deeply hurt. Still, the first thought that came to my mind was that he was imagining a life with this woman without her child…and how terminating her pregnancy would effect a future child with her. It read like a veiled wish for the baby to be gone and that really shook me up

After reading the follow-up posts, I believe you are correct that it not related to this woman. Thank you again for addressing this with him.

Dear Laird, thank you for your kind moderation, I accept any arbitration by forum crew.

I should refrain from talking irrelevant topics to parapsychology but I want to explain that I strongly oppose avoidable or unnecessary abortions because it generally is a hurt to women health. I respect life, I respect health and I respect ladies.

It indeed would seem creepy, if my purpose were to be misunderstood.

So I apologize. I want to explain that I always heed the dark humanity, because it is those people living under the threat of evil humanity who should be taken care, because they are in constant potential danger of being hurt. I don't mean to "create" the creepy concern, I just can't ignore the creepy things which have already existed on earth.

Hi beyondmortality,

I now can understand why my post disturbs you, because it is disturbing to any lady. I respect lady like you no less than any woman in my surrounding.

I now have realized my fault. Trust me, there is no creepy purpose in my heart, but the world is indeed cruel, and I no longer refer the generalization to someone specific. Let's say just forget it and leave it be. Wish you all good.

tarantulanebula,
Understanding flows both ways… I too, now understand that you did not harbor any ill will towards this unborn child. The world is both cruel and kind. But the more kindness we bring to it, the better we make it.

Be well.

tarantulanebula,
Understanding flows both ways… I too, now understand that you did not harbor any ill will towards this unborn child. The world is both cruel and kind. But the more kindness we bring to it, the better we make it.

Be well.
I thought about this for quite several hours, for determining whether should I explain myself more clearly.

I thought I should not explain anything any more. But then I still feel obliged to make it clear.

When she had started her pregnancy this time, more than three months ago, and she went to hospital to verify her pregnancy approximately two months ago, her situation was like this:

1, She had been caused by her husband "man made abortions (or artificial abortions? I don't know the proper English phrase)" "too many times" (epithet by herself, I don't know the exact number).
So she dreaded one more abortion could heavily harm health of her reproductive system and could potentially permanently cause her sterile in the future, so she was eager to save this child.

2, Her job was busy and was in a state not quite allowing her to leave.

At that time, what I did:

1, Encouraged her to apply an one-month vacation (also suggested by the hospital doctors) to rest and save this embryo.

2, Helped her many things when she was absent from her job, prevented company profit loss or client complaint caused by her absent, prevented her absent decision from being blamed by our boss, and managed an easy and relatively comfortable environment prepared for her returning back to work after her vacation ended.

3, Blamed myself for doing these for a potential impure motivation, but still did those things anyway, and later I found out if I hadn't done those things, her conditions would have caused her fainting down because of those mess and fatigue.

At that time, what her husband did:

1, Asked her to do "man made abortion" for one more time, after "too many times" before.

2, Asked her to take metro alone to go to work and come home, everyday, instead of driving her work or home. She said she hated the odor in the metro carriage and nauseous several mornings. She also said her husband didn't care.

3, Blamed her for saving this child, because it gave him additional burden in his "crucial period of his career". (If it was crucial, he could still have a very joyous mood to make his wife pregnant? What a damn husband he is?)

So, it was her husband who harbored ill will towards THEIR unborn child, not me.

Me? If her husband loved her so much so much, she would feel no difficulty and she would seem perfected attended and she would appear super joyful for being loved by the man she loves so much, and I would find no necessity to help her anything and I would not pay attention to her at all.

My like to her is heavily caused by her difficulty and disadvantageous situation, it seems that my "like feeling" can and only can be caused by a strong sympathy for a lady who is in difficulty. If a lady is in a status of "all taken care" and "super joyfulness", I will just pass by and not give her a single glimpse, no matter how pretty she could be.

I wanted to know how abortions influence a woman, because I was thinking whether some women's husbands are evil or stupid, for treating their wives like straw women, littered them around like rag dolls, do not give them a love any man should give to the vulnerable ladies nearby.

Last edited:
Since this is again really is about a particular personal situation I think it's best all these posts are confined to a single thread.

I mean there's a thread I started on reading Norse scriptural poetry in Spirituality which is also a continuation of this same topic at this point.

I understand that overwhelming emotion can make one feel that every topic comes back around to one's own situation but at the same time the forum is divided into sections and threads for a reason.

Totally agreed, Sci. Tarantulanebula, please keep all posts about your personal situation to the thread you started for this purpose, Something to make you feel this world is real or not real.

Edit: oh, I see you deleted all of your posts in that thread a few days ago - there was no need to do that, TN, you needn't feel ashamed of struggling in life, we all do from time to time. It's just better for us to keep that discussion in a single thread.

Last edited:
Back