Moving to Discord

If you disagree with someone Chester, you can debate them. Just name-calling without giving reasons isn't helpful
Its his schtick. He mentions his love of the ignore feature in virtually every post. I'm honored to have made the list btw. ;)

There's debate and there's time waste. Also, wisdom is not necessarily always wordable. There's also one's personal responsibility not to waste time. If you interpret my post as passive-aggressive, whose problem is that? You can put me on the ignore list if my posts waste your time or aggravate you. Take responsibility and act!

There's debate and there's time waste. Also, wisdom is not necessarily always wordable. There's also one's personal responsibility not to waste time. If you interpret my post as passive-aggressive, whose problem is that? You can put me on the ignore list if my posts waste your time or aggravate you. Take responsibility and act!

It's just that you've been mentioning the ignore function quite often. I'm open for dialogue on important topics with everyone. If you do ignore people, then maybe best to just ignore them rather than indirectly mentioning them over and over. Just a friendly tip :)

I'll throw my hat in the ring. Should be free after about 5pm pacific time tonight as well as a good chunk of tomorrow. I've joined as phantom_flag
thx... I'm having second thoughts about Discord. I mean, it's great and everything, but I'm not sure it's necessary. I feel like I'm kind of pushing here. Returning to my rule number three: " play the game don't let the game play you" :)

Alex, I would tell you that Discord seems a bit of overkill for the volume/breadth of activity. I don't mean that pejoratively at all, but most of the Discord servers that I'm familiar with have at least hundreds, if not more, active posters. So sure, it would be very easy to use but the pure brain damage of making such a shift conjures the old phrase: "The juice may not be worth the squeeze".

thx... I'm having second thoughts about Discord. I mean, it's great and everything, but I'm not sure it's necessary. I feel like I'm kind of pushing here. Returning to my rule number three: " play the game don't let the game play you" :)
Simple is good. I still make use of Make and Vim cause they are reliable and mature and just work. I wonder if there is something else that would still allow for naturally flowing convo without the friction, maybe something that aims to complement the board rather than replace it.

Simple is good. I still make use of Make and Vim cause they are reliable and mature and just work. I wonder if there is something else that would still allow for naturally flowing convo without the friction, maybe something that aims to complement the board rather than replace it.
make and vim... nice :)

Back