PODCAST PROJECT

I posted the following in the current Podcast thread:
=====================================

The current podcast also raised in my mind a possibility that I'd like to float. Alex beautifully illustrated what he meant by being "stuck on stupid" by using extracts from past podcasts. It struck me that the podcasts are an under-exploited goldmine whereby a number of key issues/questions could be addressed. It's maybe something we could crowd-source. The steps might be something like this:

1. Identify a list of key issues/questions.
2. Identify podcasts where they are dealt with.
3. embed relevant podcasts using media frames, e.g:

(this would depend on the podcast being available on YouTube, which some are, but maybe not all: perhaps that could be addressed by Alex or crowd-sourced?)

Accompanying the media frame would be an indication of which particular sections to listen to: e.g. "listen to 5:10-7:16 and 15:40-17:32" plus possible short commentary, e.g. "notice how Dr. Alexander says...thus implying that..."

4. The result of the crowd-sourcing could be a dedicated forum where each thread would deal with a specific issue. This thread would be permanent and read-only, and a place to which people could be referred.

To get to threads in 4., we would need to go through a preliminary phase of crowd-sourcing, perhaps one issue at a time, arriving at something that Alex could then C&P over to the read-only forum. As and when new information arose on future podcasts, contributors could suggest adding it into the existing resource in the appropriate place.

Does that sound too ambitious, Alex? If people liked the idea and we crowd-sourced it, the amount of work for you could be minimised. We wouldn't need to rush: it could be an ongoing project that we as a group could spend a number of months on.
======================================

This thread is about getting this project off the ground. Maybe we could initially discuss the methodology that we could apply. I look forward to hearing from you! :)

Damn, Alex, I see that you've re-jigged the Skeptiko home page and it goes some way towards organising the resources you've accumulated thus far. You're a dark horse, aren't you? You never mentioned this would be happening! :)

Back