Reddit thread with some blatant NDE's in it

Though the most upvoted stories there say that there was just nothing at all and every NDE story got someone right underneath it that tries to explain them with conventional means. I propably should not wonder about that though, its reddit after all - kinda like the point of concentration for science fanatics.
Im not sure what to make of the nothingness though. Isnt it weird that many people wouldnt remember anything about it if something happens after death? Most of the times it seems to come with an incredible feeling of peacefulness. I do not know why, but the whole thing makes me feel kinda unsecure.

Last edited:
Isnt it weird that many people wouldnt remember anything about it if something happens after death?
Many people don't remember dreaming either, unless they are woken in the middle of a dream. An entire night's sleep filled with dreams may appear a blank. Personally, I sometimes wake up from a vivid dream, but within a few moments it has gone. Yet occasionally on settling down to sleep in the evening, that same dream will re-surface, so it wasn't really forgotten, just inaccessible. What is also curious is that most people don't recall much about what happened before they were born, but a few do, particularly very young children. My suggestion is that the appearance of blankness doesn't imply that it was actually blank, only that it is not recalled.

Many people don't remember dreaming either, unless they are woken in the middle of a dream. An entire night's sleep filled with dreams may appear a blank. Personally, I sometimes wake up from a vivid dream, but within a few moments it has gone. Yet occasionally on settling down to sleep in the evening, that same dream will re-surface, so it wasn't really forgotten, just inaccessible. What is also curious is that most people don't recall much about what happened before they were born, but a few do, particularly very young children. My suggestion is that the appearance of blankness doesn't imply that it was actually blank, only that it is not recalled.
That may very well be true. Cant verify or falsify that :) Actually, the thing about not knowing what was before birth is true aswell. It is quite weird if we believe that there was something. Though it is true aswell, i cant even remember what i did last week wednesday or what i dreamed about last night. I wonder why we cant remember most of our dreams? I mean, there are sometimes dreams that we can remember. I vividly remember one that was months ago for some odd reason i dont know about. And why is it that some people can somehow retract their memories of events that should been long forgotten? The memories seem to be still there, but the means to access them seem to be not available except for special occasions.