Ricky Varandas, Is Fake Science Evil? |530|

Re: 3 Gorges… I’ve seen news stories popping up periodically over the years that it’s about to bust from excessive rainfall and millions are in danger… I wonder if that’s not just propaganda aimed at convincing the populace that it is about to break from faulty engineering with the intent that the Chinese know it is propaganda and therefore a threat that spec ops could Tianjin that sucker and no one would believe they were actually attacked militarily.
Lots of disinformation. Most of what CTists spout in re CTs comes from hostile foreign governments. Be careful what you buy into. There are bad guys all over the planet; some are out to get us.

Fake science is bad. Fake CTS are at least as bad.

Last edited:
Lots of disinformation. Most of what CTists spout in re CTs comes from hostile foreign governments. Be careful what you buy into. There are bad guys all over the planet; some are out to get us.

Fake science is bad. Fake CTS are at least as bad.

I haven't heard anyone else suggest this idea: that propagandizing western populations with the notion that 3 Gorges could fail any time due to faulty engineering is a threat to the CCP that spec ops might blow it...

Purely my speculation here.

Corbett not Corvette.
Bots...
Good show. Podcasts, podcasts, and more podcasts!
Acceleration.
Maybe get Clif High on if he's not too busy and discuss THE BUG.
You just can't stop pushing on that EVIL button, so...

Right on all fronts, but we definitely need to keep looking into what evil actually is.

Right on all fronts, but we definitely need to keep looking into what evil actually is.
Even though I love Stephen King, and all the others, I'm not in the camp that's it's an actual force or something out there.
More of the disposition that it's chosen behavior. Psychological.
Then there are "soft" versions of it, such as ignorance and compliance and harmful naivete.
Like that study back at Stanford or wherever back in the 70s where they got people to keep shocking others with electricity, just because they were told to. I'm of the notion the Nazi regime and lots of other such movements were like that. Many didn't like what they were doing, but didn't want it done to themselves.

Even though I love Stephen King, and all the others, I'm not in the camp that's it's an actual force or something out there.
More of the disposition that it's chosen behavior. Psychological.
Then there are "soft" versions of it, such as ignorance and compliance and harmful naivete.
Like that study back at Stanford or wherever back in the 70s where they got people to keep shocking others with electricity, just because they were told to. I'm of the notion the Nazi regime and lots of other such movements were like that. Many didn't like what they were doing, but didn't want it done to themselves.
IMO,is there no "in us" or "outside us/out there". It's ll the same/all one.

Evil is a real force.

I haven't heard anyone else suggest this idea: that propagandizing western populations with the notion that 3 Gorges could fail any time due to faulty engineering is a threat to the CCP that spec ops might blow it...

Purely my speculation here.
IMO, three gorges is us returning negative propaganda onto one of the sources of the same against us.

IMO,is there no "in us" or "outside us/out there". It's ll the same/all one.

Evil is a real force.
I was speaking only from my own point of view. Not for others. Thanks for weighing in with your opinion.
You've had direct experience facing this thing? Or you just believe your views to be superior to everyone else's? Or do you delight in conflict, sir?
You'd best choose your battles and not just take all comments as a chance to draw lines and sides. You've been behaving like a bully.
We've done this dance before, and if you want to learn some new steps, then I'm your huckleberry.
This isn't YOUR website. It's paid for and run by Alex Tsakiris, whom you've also attacked and maligned. And SHARED by many others.
You're not the only one who can be as Nasty as They Want to Be, and I'm always happy to take things to another level. Beyond the "third level", breaking the fourth and possibly fifth walls.
But I also get no joy from scrabbling around in the dirt, pointing at other ants, and playing the "he said, she said" game.
I'm more interested in metacognition and actually thinking about stuff, not just parroting.
That was fun weeks ago when we went toe to toe and head to head. Like I said, I could do this all day (thanks CE as Captain America).
Y'all arguing and pissing and moaning about the wrong things. Easily distracted and misdirected.
Oh, and I can also choose to just ignore you and not engage your obvious bating. TROLL.
Perhaps you, like many, have become that which you hate and despise. Resorting to the same tactics.
Want to talk about Evil?
To ME, it's bullying, badgering, belittling. Name calling. Overpowering. Attempting to direct or control others based on a limited perspective or malignancy. Not really being open to other perspectives or feelings or experiences.
EVIL.
Also, LIVE backwards. Which is almost LOVE.
And those labels you use, lumping everyone together in groups or camps mean NOTHING. Canadians. Liberals. CTers. All laughable. Hilarious.
Well, it takes TWO to tango, Nutthole, you PIECE OF SHIT.
Sorry, I stooped to your level, but I guess somebody has to call it as they see it and stop trying to be polite or pull punches.

Last edited:
I was speaking only from my own point of view. Not for others. Thanks for weighing in with your opinion.
You've had direct experience facing this thing? Or you just believe your views to be superior to everyone else's? Or do you delight in conflict, sir?
You'd best choose your battles and not just take all comments as a chance to draw lines and sides. You've been behaving like a bully.
We've done this dance before, and if you want to learn some new steps, then I'm your huckleberry.
This isn't YOUR website. It's paid for and run by Alex Tsakiris, whom you've also attacked and maligned. And SHARED by many others.
You're not the only one who can be as Nasty as They Want to Be, and I'm always happy to take things to another level. Beyond the "third level", breaking the fourth and possibly fifth walls.
But I also get no joy from scrabbling around in the dirt, pointing at other ants, and playing the "he said, she said" game.
I'm more interested in metacognition and actually thinking about stuff, not just parroting.
That was fun weeks ago when we went toe to toe and head to head. Like I said, I could do this all day (thanks CE as Captain America).
Y'all arguing and pissing and moaning about the wrong things. Easily distracted and misdirected.
Oh, and I can also choose to just ignore you and not engage your obvious bating. TROLL.
Perhaps you, like many, have become that which you hate and despise. Resorting to the same tactics.
Want to talk about Evil?
To ME, it's bullying, badgering, belittling. Name calling. Overpowering. Attempting to direct or control others based on a limited perspective or malignancy. Not really being open to other perspectives or feelings or experiences.
EVIL.
Also, LIVE backwards. Which is almost LOVE.
And those labels you use, lumping everyone together in groups or camps mean NOTHING. Canadians. Liberals. CTers. All laughable. Hilarious.
Well, it takes TWO to tango, Nutthole, you PIECE OF SHIT.
Sorry, I stooped to your level, but I guess somebody has to call it as they see it and stop trying to be polite or pull punches.

"IMO"= in my opinion. I offered my opinion for the sake of discussion. I never said it is The Truth.

Yes I have experienced that sort of thing.

This is supposed to be a place to discuss what is commonly rolled-up under the heading of "paranormal". I would think the introduction of some metaphysics would be appropriate (i.e. where is evil coming from? What does it mean to be a perceiving entity? Where do perceptions come from?).

I attacked Alex? He has pod casts and he asks what people think. I happen to think that he does a good job with paranormal topics and I tell him so. Unfortunately, that topic of pod cast is rare here anymore. Now it's almost exclusively CTs. So I tell him what I think about his CTs, which is not positive. If you consider that being attacking him, then I think you are being hyper sensitive.

He recently had a Jewish fellow on and they discussed CTs involving Jews. The comments immediately jumped off with the CT idiocy about the "dancing Jews" and how the Jews are the ones that really attacked America on 9/11. You think that's fine? Where was your critique of those dangerous commenting morons? That's where CTs get you. That compelled me to kick into high gear against CTs. I happen to know a little something about some of the organizations often cited as being at the heart of these CTs and can tell you that Alex and many guests and many forum members are totally ignorant in that area. They indulge in all manner of imaging to color their CTs. Should I not speak up on a topic where I have more experience and knowledge than others? Are you not interested in hearing a perspective coming from knowledge?

But yeah, I've been somewhat aggressive lately. Like I said, I miss discussing the paranormal and fly off the handle a bit when around people blaming 9/11 on Jews and people degrading the country with the CT info ops they've assimilated as their reality.

The CT discussion is low grade and I should just go find a paranormal discussion forum where level headed people congregate. I think I will.

Last edited:
"IMO"= in my opinion. I offered my opinion for the sake of discussion. I never said it is The Truth.

Yes I have experienced that sort of thing.

This is supposed to be a place to discuss what is commonly rolled-up under the heading of "paranormal". I would think the introduction of some metaphysics would be appropriate (i.e. where is evil coming from? What does it mean to be a perceiving entity? Where do perceptions come from?).

I attacked Alex? He has pod casts and he asks what people think. I happen to think that he does a good job with paranormal topics and I tell him so. Unfortunately, that topic of pod cast is rare here anymore. Now it's almost exclusively CTs. So I tell him what I think about his CTs, which is not positive. If you consider that being attacking him, then I think you are being hyper sensitive.

He recently had a Jewish fellow on and they discussed CTs involving Jews. The comments immediately jumped off with the CT idiocy about the "dancing Jews" and how the Jews are the ones that really attacked America on 9/11. I suppose you think that's fine?That's where CTs get you. That compelled me to kick into high gear against CTs. I happen to know a little something about some of the organizations often cited as being at the heart of these CTs and can tell you that Alex and many guests and many forum members are totally ignorant in that area. They indulge in all manner of imaging to color their CTs. Should I not speak up on a topic where I have more experience and knowledge than others? Are you not interested in hearing a perspective coming from knowledge?

But yeah, I've been somewhat aggressive lately. Like I said, I miss discussing the paranormal and fly off the handle a bit when around people blaming 9/11 on Jews and people degrading the country with the CT info ops they've assimilated as their reality.

The CT discussion is low grade and I should just go find a paranormal discussion where level headed people congregate. I think I will.
Or go have some personal experiences, instead of constant speculation. Otherwise, it all just becomes NOISE.
I really don't get the whole ego thing of trying to prove others wrong. Doesn't seem like discussion to me. Plus, with no real proof of anything from any direction other than through media, there's no real substance. One has to use intuition at some point, and there's really no proving that to someone else except through direct experience.
Sorry I got all nasty on you, I just couldn't stand the rampage you were on anymore.

Or go have some personal experiences, instead of constant speculation. Otherwise, it all just becomes NOISE.
I really don't get the whole ego thing of trying to prove others wrong. Doesn't seem like discussion to me. Plus, with no real proof of anything from any direction other than through media, there's no real substance. One has to use intuition at some point, and there's really no proving that to someone else except through direct experience.
Sorry I got all nasty on you, I just couldn't stand the rampage you were on anymore.

No worries. No need to apologize. I apologize for coming at people here too strong. I forget that not everyone has my background wherein we talk to each other like that (busting balls).

What makes you think I haven't had-personal experiences? I have. Everything from veridical OBEs to a mind blowing session with a medium, to psi and pre-cognition. That's why I'm so interested in what others have to say about these things.

I also have concrete experience in the realm from which CTs believe that a lot of bad things come from. Now I don't know 100% for sure that the CIA didn't kill Kennedy. No one can know anything like that 100%. But my intuition based on experience tells me it's a silly story. And I like to state why.
That plus the facts - the real ones, not the disinformation.

So yeah, I agree with you, at the end of the day, all we have is our intuition, but that's never enough. Five different people using their intuition may disagree on what is happening and why.

That is why disinformation, whether it be a CT, fake news or fake science, is so evil.The purpose is to provide an understanding that "feels" right to half the people +/- but that erodes confidence in the foundation of society -or at least for the 50%, which means that society is turned against itself. That is NOT my opinion. That is what the very people that run info ops will tell you. I know some such people.

Now the trick is to know what is an info op, what is just incorrect science/news and what is a good source. Ubiquitous info ops are hard to sift through. Bad science is a form of info op that targets those who are science geeks. The "science" lends an air of authority to the disinformation.

Last edited:
No worries. No need to apologize. I apologize for coming at people here too strong. I forget that not everyone has my background wherein we talk to each other like that (busting balls).

What makes you think I haven't had-personal experiences? I have. Everything from veridical OBEs to a mind blowing session with a medium, to psi and pre-cognition. That's why I'm so interested in what others have to say about these things.

I also have concrete experience in the realm from which CTs believe that a lot of bad things come from. Now I don't know 100% for sure that the CIA didn't kill Kennedy. No one can know anything like that 100%. But my intuition based on experience tells me it's a silly story. And I like to state why.

So yeah, I agree with you, at the end of the day, all we have is our intuition, but that's never enough. Five different people using their intuition may disagree on what is happenning and why.

That is why disinformation, whether it be a CT, fake news or fake science, is so evil.The purpose is to provide an understanding that "feels" right to half the people +/- but that erodes confidence in the foundation of society -or at least for the 50%, which means that society is turned against itself. That is NOT my opinion. That is what the very people that run info ops will tell you. I know some such people.

Now the trick is to know what is an info op, what is just incorrect science/news and what is a good source. Ubiquitous info ops are hard to sift through. Bad science is a form info op that targets those who are science geeks. The "science" lends an air of authority to the disinformation.
The Kennedy assassination is one of the big ones people attempt to remote view, for obvious reasons.

That plus the facts - the real ones, not the disinformation.

So yeah, I agree with you, at the end of the day, all we have is our intuition, but that's never enough. Five different people using their intuition may disagree on what is happening and why.

Now the trick is to know what is an info op, what is just incorrect science/news and what is a good source. Ubiquitous info ops are hard to sift through. Bad science is a form of info op that targets those who are science geeks. The "science" lends an air of authority to the disinformation.
The Kennedy assassination is one of the big ones people attempt to remote view, for obvious reasons.

Let's say I HATE some guy named Josh with every fiber of my being. So much that I want him dead and wouldn't feel bad about it happening sloppily.
Let's say I'm also a piece of shit.
One day I'm at the bar and I overhear that I'm not the only one who feels this way about Josh. It sounds like Danny (guy i never met a few seats away) has all the same grievance as me, but a little extra degree of what might be willingness.
Next, I proceed to befriend Danny for the sole purpose of Josh dying.
Danny ends up killing Josh.
ok.
What would be the least/bare-minimum/entry degree of action needed to qualify my participation as conspiracy????????????????

The answer to this question will reveal a Great Fence, on the opposite side of which you will find all the worlds greatest conspirators.

Last edited:
True, but there's also fake remote viewing and poorly done remote viewing.

Btw - Courtney Brown is an example of both. His track record speaks for itself and it isn't good.

And there are fake psychics and mediums and delusional psychics mediums. Really, they're far more common than the real ones.

True, but there's also fake remote viewing and poorly done remote viewing.

Btw - Courtney Brown is an example of both. His track record speaks for itself and it isn't good.

And there are fake psychics and mediums and delusional psychics mediums. Really, they're far more common than the real ones.
Yeah, I studied Gerald O'Donnell's course and it didn't fully take. Got some good visualization techniques though. Need a facilitator for some things...
I also read some Robert Monroe, and was curious about the Institute. Binaural sound seems effective. I'd like to have one of their beds for my own.

Let's say I HATE some guy named Josh with every fiber of my being. So much that I want him dead and wouldn't feel bad about it happening sloppily.
Let's say I'm also a piece of shit.
One day I'm at the bar and I overhear that I'm not the only one who feels this way about Josh. It sounds like Danny (guy i never met a few seats away) has all the same grievance as me, but a little extra degree of what might be willingness.
Next, I proceed to befriend Danny for the sole purpose of Josh dying.
Danny ends up killing Josh.
ok.
What would be the least/bare-minimum/entry degree of action needed to qualify my participation as conspiracy????????????????

The answer to this question will reveal a Great Fence, on the opposite side of which you will find all the worlds greatest conspirators.
Not for much longer!

Reactions: Kim
Question at the end: What is the nature of this PLANDEMIC EVIL?

There are many components of evil that when taken individually or in a different context might not be considered evil.

Evil is stealing the future from the many young and innocent so that the few old and accomplished may have more. Evil is Chronos eating his children. But is an old lion evil for eating many young rabbits? Is predation evil?

Evil is the pleasure derived from forcing people to do what they don't want to do or from causing them pain without a purpose. But what if they deserve it? What if this pleasure from pain is rooted in the evolutionary biology of predation? Why do little boys like to hit and kick and crush everything with red snarling monster trucks and why do they have to be taught how to be nice and empathetic?

Evil is destroying what others have built. But what if their structures are defective and dangerous and oppressive and ugly or generally standing in the way of building something new?

Evil is foiling others attempt to achieve a good. But if there were no foil and achieving the good were easy, would it be worth anything? When does heaven become Cloud-Cuckoo-Land?

If the average level of consciousnesses of the human population does not enable them to do what's best for them, are a few noble lies to steer them really evil?

I have a visceral negative reaction to the evil lying soulless mid-level bureaucrats attempting to impose the vaccine mandates and lockdowns and empowering violent destructive mobs and systematically dismantling our culture and traditional values. I have equally negative feelings towards the mindless NPC's who do what they're told. But at the same time from the 10,000' view. I welcome the challenge knowing that as things are being destroyed and as our humanity is being tested and our freedoms are in peril, this is the very contest we need in order to thrive and recharge the creative spirit. There is a great deal about this modern society that is oppressive and ugly and should be destroyed.

Klaus Schwab and his ilk can go to hell and I'd be happy to send them there, but part of me is cheering them on.

When I play with blocks with my 2-year-old son there is pleasure in building AND destroying.

The comedian destroys with his jokes. Humor is an agent of destruction. Why is creepy maniacal laughter associated with evil? In part because evil is making a joke out of pain.

What makes things serious? Pain. Loss. The threat of such. What if you consciously accept and embrace pain like Tyler in Fight Club or the Joker in Batman? Nothing is serious anymore. It is all a big game. Wiping out millions is as easy as a 2-year old knocking over a block tower built a few seconds ago. Pain is what adds rigidity and stability to the structures we've built.

You could argue that we have become experts in pain and loss and have the whole world rigged for demolition with nuclear weapons. This threat of pain and loss from nuclear war has resulted in an increasingly rigid international structure and we experience this increase in rigidity as increasingly oppressive and invasive government. How do we break it up without pulling the wrong wire and setting off the bomb?

The globalists are making block towers and knocking them over playing god with the structures of our society. As a very independent individual with traditional values I will fight to the death for the future of my children to be free and have opportunities to better themselves and have many life experiences, but in some sense I view these globalists who I believe are in part motivated by the desire to create something new and better as less evil than those just beneath them in the pyramid who have no vision, no originality, don't have any creative spirit and are merely dominated by fear of loss and fear of pain and who would sacrifice others for their gain.

Free choice requires an ambiguous boundary to exist. Efforts to create a global ID system for every individual are efforts to eliminate ambiguity of identity and thus to stamp out freedom and create an easily controllable and steerable collective. This is abhorrent to me. But do single-celled organisms look with disdain upon the cells in the human body that have given up individuality to build something bigger? Are my muscle cells living in a dystopia that the first eukaryotes warned about? There are trade-offs for both individualism and collectivism.

The globalists are trying to create a unified controllable human collective where the will is removed from the individual and moved up the hierarchy. This sounds like hell and they won't fully succeed. But we also need them to try as a natural consequence of our progression and evolution in consciousness. Mother nature is a bitch and her harsh lessons got us this far, but we've grown up and moved out and now we have been wilding and getting fat in college and need to experience some new negative consequences and get taken advantage of a few times to get wiser.

I guess what I'm saying is that I don't like the way things are going and surely many components of it are evil, but I'm glad something new is happening and I look forward to the contest this will present. There are no skyscrapers without gravity. There is nothing good without something working against it.
Ricky’s style and attitude make for some “easy listening”, and if it wasn’t necessarily “hard-hitting truth” at least it wasn’t a “hard-hitting disinfo fire hose”. And I don’t mean to drag the discussion away, but Alex mentioned a few things regarding Civil War history on which I thought I could offer a few little-known items for adventurous intellects. If you’re satisfied with the “North = good, South = bad” narrative and don’t think you’ve ever been deceived by the mainstream, you should probably scroll away. For the remaining….

Frederick Douglass was a propagandist, paid to sell the idea that the war was about ending slavery. How would we know that? Check out this speech: (1864) Frederick Douglass “The Mission Of The War”. In it, he hammers home the point that everyone knew the war was about ending slavery.

But hold the phone—this was in 1864, three years into the war. Why would he need to tell them what should have been common knowledge? Why did they think their sons and brothers and husbands were going off to kill other Americans? Well, clearly they did not know that which Freddy was telling them they already knew. And how do you know today what that war was about? Douglass and a long train of others told you what they were instructed to make you believe, or were propagandized themselves into believing along the way.

This is reinforced when you read up on the Corwin Amendment, with which seemingly very few are familiar. In short, it came very close to giving us permanent slavery in the United States in the time just before the Civil War (which derailed it, ironically). And oh, it came courtesy of the North and mostly Democrats, like Representative Thomas Corwin (Democrat from Ohio) who introduced it, President James Buchanan (Democrat from Pennsylvania) who signed it, and five states (all Northern) which ratified it.

But the story gets stranger because it was introduced to the Senate by William H. Seward of New York, a Republican, who we are told was a “determined opponent of the spread of slavery in the years leading up to the American Civil War”. Curious, eh?

And what did the man from the “Land of Lincoln” have to say? “Just weeks prior to the outbreak of the Civil War, Lincoln sent a letter to each state's governor transmitting the proposed amendment, noting that Buchanan had approved it.” Even curiouser.

There is much (much) more along these lines, but it is cleverly hidden from you by simply not bringing it to your attention. And that’s just the “mainstream” stuff. Any shot at true (at least “truthier”) history is much harder to come by, but when you do it is far more fascinating. As an example and since he was mentioned by name, let me give you this: How I Know the Hanging of John Brown was Fake.

Finally, as Alex brought up the Civil War in the context of good vs. evil, I would propose as evil those who engineered a calamitous war of fraternal aggression, then painted it as virtuous, and then perpetuated their deception to this very day. Evil, and quite dangerous.
That's a bit of a shocker about Frederick Douglas being a paid propagandist, but it makes sense in light of the year he made that speech. There's also a lot of historical comment on how much the North made off the slave trade. I'd read many times Lincoln was all for the plan to send blacks to Liberia en masse, so having to be convinced by someone that slavery was not virtuous rounds out the picture.
It was nice to hear a balanced discussion of Andrew Jackson; it made me remember that, as a populist, he let a crowd of supporters in the W.H., I believe it was, & the reporter was appalled that the first thing a lot of them did was climb up on fancy, upholstered chairs w/ their muddy boots on so they could see & hear. This divide between rich & poor, city & rural ppl popped up in a book by a Chinese author who was revolted by his wife's country uncle who was spitting on & putting out his smokes on the carpet. I saw a lot of that in Zhengzhou & there about. Poor folks either didn't know or didn't care about where they spit. I was never so shocked when this woman let her 5 year old daughter take a dump on the shiny tile floor at Zhengzhou airport. So many ppl were staring at her in horror that she wiped it up w/ a diaper & then put it in a waiting area trash bin!! That was followed by
a mass exodus to a new seating area.
I fully understand Ricky's huffiness at gay comics depicting sex in a middle school library, which is one of the reasons I found a Furry Freak Brothers comic so terribly funny. The blond, fat one goes to the library & immediately goes up to this dour, big-breasted librarian, & asks her, "Where are all the fuck books?" In the country, w/ the free-for-all attitude toward procreation, kids see dogs, cats, pigs, goats, etc. going at it in all kinds of places. Along w/ sex, there's a big presence of birth & death. I had never had female cats before moving to the Php, but females cats & their offspring taught me that death is not such a horrible thing, once I had gotten over how many died, often for no obvious reason.
The plandemic is taking a strange turn in the Php; now you don't need a mask or face shield anywhere, but they're trying to push a vaccine mandate on everyone instead. Like, okay, get the jab b/c we're giving up on masking. City Hall is all vaccinated, which I'm sure is BS, & there's all this other garbage the mayor is pushing to justify it. My wife's college is trying force everyone back to the classroom, but you gotta get the jab. No online classes, either, which is potent evidence that this is yet another compliance scheme.
Ppl here keep dropping dead after vaccination. A tricycle driver did fine w/ the first stick, but died 6 days after the second one; he had arthritis, but no other obvious 'medical issues.' So I told my wife we'd work out something so she can avoid the gamble. Practically no one knows anyone who's had 'COVID' in Bogo City, so that's one source of the mandate. It's still mystifying how the attitude shifts so much around it, but the mandate idea is working in some places for some organizations.
I think it's clear: fear & anger used to be tied to 'corrupt' ppl & their activities: philandering spouses, homosexuals & transvestites, then child molesters & traffickers. Now we're moved to the fear, rage & frustration of a unproven 'virus' that lurks around every corner, but that can't be controlled. It's like Steven Snider posited: we've gone from conspiracies based somewhat on reality, but now we've got fantasy conspiracies to deal with. I'm still of the opinion that there's some chemical agent that's widely used to keep ppl sickened by 'COVID' so we're easier to herd & control. This idea still fills in some of the gaps for me, but I'm sure I'd be roundly criticized if I promoted it. That's just TOO EVIL!!

Not for much longer!
What I see happening w/ the gun violence mess is some ppl deciding that most everyone & his bro needs to be sued, That vicious shooting in Michigan is a good example. Kry-baby Rottenhouse is another. The school & Ethan Crumbley's parents are responsible; Rottenhouse's sad excuse for a mom is a loser who needs to go down, along w/ the trash that got him his gun.
This emphasis on responsibility may be the main way to stop gun nuts. Like that mall shooting not too long ago. If the mall is hammered w/ a massive suit, then I bet they'll have metal detectors & thorough searches at EVERY entrance from then on. Every entity w/ any reasonable connection to the public's safety needs to be blasted into awareness. Then you'll see Wild West measures to relieve ppl of their guns until they leave.

I disagree. You learn to steel your heart and do what you gotta do. You also learn to compartmentalize the feelings afterward, as well as finding other ways of coping. Saying that it gets "easier" to do the more you do it isn't entirely accurate. It totally misses the essence of the experience, but you do get better at dealing with the whole thing more efficient at the killing.

I read a piece a while back by an army psychologist/psychiatrist that claimed soldiers do go through a form of grieving process after taking a life, but, owing to the desensitizing nature of military training, it comes out over a longer period of time and has a tendency to manifest in strange/unhealthy/self-destructive ways. Incidentally, the same guy worried that violence in cinema/video games was desensitizing society en masse.

Reactions: Kim
I read a piece a while back by an army psychologist/psychiatrist that claimed soldiers do go through a form of grieving process after taking a life, but, owing to the desensitizing nature of military training, it comes out over a longer period of time and has a tendency to manifest in strange/unhealthy/self-destructive ways. Incidentally, the same guy worried that violence in cinema/video games was desensitizing society en masse.
That piece sounds a little like a study that was done on the ways military training has changed over hundreds of years. The Japanese empire reportedly made killing an aggressive part of partying & masculinity, for example. Except for some, I'm sure killing is an extremely stressful experience at first, particularly hand-to-hand combat. Most ppl are trained that murder is wrong, so to have to deal in it b/c of orders alone must be very bizarre.
The study also pointed to how some groups make it a form of entertainment. One really revolting instance was a kind of festival where birds were released a short distance from young shooters who were encouraged to stomp & beat to death the birds that were only wounded.
This desensitization process that was begun w/ cinematic & video game productions is continuing w/ extremists like L. Blowburp, R-Colorado & "Tommy Gun"Messie, another Trumpublican, who flaunted military style/automatic rifles while posing in front of Xmas trees. This grisly normalization of displaying citizens holding mass murder weapons in Xmas holiday photo settings was revealing. In the Messie version, they all held glassy smiles; Mrs. Messie held her 'tommy gun' at a careless angle, pointing it almost directly at the young man behind her. What a good example of the contempt held for common sense 'gun control by gun nut Trumpublicans. As in the Messie one, Blowburp & her 4 sons block most of the view of the Xmas tree, making it clear the reason for the season in her home. Her husband couldn't even be prevailed upon to join in on the mockery of the holiday. Stranger still is this black thing in the corner behind them in the right side of the pic. It looks a headless animal, maybe a dog or elephant, posed on a fake rock. I'm just hoping that's not for Xmas dinner.

That piece sounds a little like a study that was done on the ways military training has changed over hundreds of years. The Japanese empire reportedly made killing an aggressive part of partying & masculinity, for example. Except for some, I'm sure killing is an extremely stressful experience at first, particularly hand-to-hand combat. Most ppl are trained that murder is wrong, so to have to deal in it b/c of orders alone must be very bizarre.
The study also pointed to how some groups make it a form of entertainment. One really revolting instance was a kind of festival where birds were released a short distance from young shooters who were encouraged to stomp & beat to death the birds that were only wounded.
This desensitization process that was begun w/ cinematic & video game productions is continuing w/ extremists like L. Blowburp, R-Colorado & "Tommy Gun"Messie, another Trumpublican, who flaunted military style/automatic rifles while posing in front of Xmas trees. This grisly normalization of displaying citizens holding mass murder weapons in Xmas holiday photo settings was revealing. In the Messie version, they all held glassy smiles; Mrs. Messie held her 'tommy gun' at a careless angle, pointing it almost directly at the young man behind her. What a good example of the contempt held for common sense 'gun control by gun nut Trumpublicans. As in the Messie one, Blowburp & her 4 sons block most of the view of the Xmas tree, making it clear the reason for the season in her home. Her husband couldn't even be prevailed upon to join in on the mockery of the holiday. Stranger still is this black thing in the corner behind them in the right side of the pic. It looks a headless animal, maybe a dog or elephant, posed on a fake rock. I'm just hoping that's not for Xmas dinner.
Maybe something widespread is going to increase sensitivity and perception. Like the intense solar and cosmic rays and Schumann resonance.
Then it will be like in the movie Powder, when he translates the shot and dying deer's pain to the hunter.

Back