Riz Virk, Computer Science Eats Science |524|

I though the interview with Riz was excellent. And i found some of his comments intriguing. Assuming we are living in a simulated reality are we creating another simulation within this simulation? How many times has this already occurred, simulations within simulations? Is this just a form of fractals? Would fractals describe the multiverse? :eek:

Maybe it goes on into infinity like numbers do , so after death life into infinity! Maybe depends on your beliefs ; Atheist and such lights out after death , nothing happens! total BLACK!

I though the interview with Riz was excellent. And i found some of his comments intriguing. Assuming we are living in a simulated reality are we creating another simulation within this simulation? How many times has this already occurred, simulations within simulations? Is this just a form of fractals? Would fractals describe the multiverse? :eek:
excellent. great thought experiment.

"if they can they/(we) will" Nick Bostrom

Brilliant interview - I personally learned a lot from this discussion.
The multiverse described as trees with ever branching, er, branches simplified it for me. Perhaps this is how the law of attraction works in meditation. You create your own branches in the direction you want to go by thought.
Perhaps if we fail to achieve in a life time we get to restart the simulation again, learning a little more each time until we succeed. A bit like that Next Generation episode where the Enterprise gets stuck in a "temporal causality loop".

You create your own branches in the direction you want to go by thought.
Perhaps if we fail to achieve in a life time we get to restart the simulation again, learning a little more each time until we succeed.

Yeah I don't totally like the idea but something about it seems right :)

Although I'm not quite sure how to square it with the nde science/experience. that's why I kept bringing up the "stretch the metaphor" pushback. I mean, I haven't heard any nde accounts that really conform to the simulated multiverse hypothesis... you can get there, but it's a stretch.

But Riz had excellent push back to the pushback :) that's what makes it fun about talking with really smart people :)

Although I'm not quite sure how to square it with the nde science/experience. that's why I kept bringing up the "stretch the metaphor" pushback. I mean, I haven't heard any nde accounts that really conform to the simulated multiverse hypothesis... you can get there, but it's a stretch.

There is always the possibility that there are simulations within simulations. The nde science/experience could also be a multiverse simulation, hence as we progress in our learning the simulations come and go. Just a thought.

There is always the possibility that there are simulations within simulations. The nde science/experience could also be a multiverse simulation, hence as we progress in our learning the simulations come and go. Just a thought.
I believe that this idea (that each decision forks off another dimension of existence) exists at the root of why mainstream science can't jive Free Will against Cause and Effect.
It's precisely the first thing a stubborn nerd atheist would assume upon discovering a glimpse outside of the human experience of time.

The easiest explanation isn't necessarily the simplest. And just because we don't understand the simplest explanation doesn't mean it's not simple.

Chance tells us we're in a simulation.
Spirituality hints to us that there's more to it than we could imagine.

Last edited:
Back