Shedding light on our Sun, an interview with Gregory Sams

Alex

Administrator
Shedding light on our Sun, an interview with Gregory Sams
by Mike Patterson | Sep 23 | Spirituality

Even with no shred of mystical sentiment, a purely rational and scientific assessment of the sun should fill us with awe and reverence. Here should be the God for atheists.

Photo by Matthew Paulson

I live in Katoomba in the Blue Mountains, about 62 miles (100 kilometers) west of Sydney. I have a day job in Penrith, 29 miles to the east. I catch the 6.26 am train. For a brief time, in winter, I can witness the whole drama of sunrise from the comfort of a train seat – from the paling predawn sky, the breathless moment the fiery orb kisses the far horizon to its full emergence into the day sky. If I drove I would be cursing the dazzling glare and hiding behind sunglasses and a visor drawn down. But sitting in the train seat I get to sit back and watch the unfolding drama of dawn, culminating in the emergence of an extraordinary blazing furnace we casually call the sun.

“It is my belief that a universal consciousness pervades all matter, whatever its form of existence—that this consciousness is the vibrational DNA of the Universe. This is not to suggest that blades of grass are very clever or rocks all that sentient or that, individually, either play much of a part in the scheme of things. But perhaps even a grain of sand might know of its existence as a micro-part of the beach or desert——a life being polished and rearranged by the waves of water and wind?” — Gregory Sams, Sun of gOd

Is this idea that matter has consciousness (i.e. pan psychism), a back door way of upholding the primacy of matter, that it is a container for or the holder of consciousness? I refer to Bernardo Kastrup's criticism -

"I feel increasingly concerned about what I believe to be a mounting and extremely dangerous cultural threat looming on the horizon: panpsychism, the notion that all matter has consciousness, as opposed to being in consciousness. At a historical nexus when new data and more critical thinking are finally rendering materialism logically and empirically inviable, panpsychism comes in as a tortuous but seductive bandaid. It threatens to extend the delusion of a universe outside consciousness for yet another century. In this essay, I'd like to try and raise the alarm about it."

http://www.bernardokastrup.com/2015/05/the-threat-of-panpsychism-warning.html

I'm surprised Mike's outstanding interview hasn't gotten more traction. I thought it was excellent.

Panpsychism is also a transitional stage and Bernardo needs to recognize this as well. I was into panpsychism before moving completely away from the traditional materialist education that we all receive. I still lean towards that base, despite gaining interest in several other philosophies, including Bernardo's ND. There are several concepts that can fall within the PS umbrella, some of them can even be considered spiritual such as animism. So, no, I don't think that the concept is merely a lifesaver for hard materialists to hold on while their boat sinks, it is also a great way to deal with the hangover of systematically moving away from the indoctrination.

I'm surprised Mike's outstanding interview hasn't gotten more traction. I thought it was excellent.
Yes it was good, very soulful. Just something in the slipperiness of language that sparked my question perhaps. On further thought I think Sams's philosophy could be read like the perennial philosophy which talks of mind precipitating matter. This seems different to saying that mind is IN matter and the interpretation that matter is primary. I don't think this is what he is saying but some could read it that way - the slipperiness of subjects and objects. His discussion of light and the EM force in general as a radiating precipitating or manifesting force is particularly resonant. Makes me think of the Electric Universe theory which I have become increasingly fascinated with after initially thinking WTF!. Wal Thornhill or David Talbot from EU would be interesting interviews...

Do you not think that distancing the forums from the site (as you did some months ago) could have backfired? The forums are chockfull of keywords and links, and have constant fresh content. Hiding them seems a problem to me.

This is my first ever post here. So first of all I want to praise Alex for his work. I'm constantly amazed at how clearly he can see and think.

Great article Mike. Thanks for bringing up the subject of the Sun. I have strong personal theories on it and see improved logic in an Electric Universe Theory. In the past few years, I've taken to checking the SRDO - www.heliosphere.org to match up turbulent events in the news with happenings. Its a hunch but there is a relationship there between Mass Coronal Ejections and major events. In short: Violent Sun, Violent Streets - what a story! I dream this: At The Sun heart is the point of entry for information here, electric in nature, telling half the story because The Electric Sun we see each day is a Converter of information. There's also a repeater.

If you want to know who and why you are, what better place to start than asking our Sun. But what does this all mean? Why does Your Consciousness make the Sun appear this way in the Mind? And what is Time? I put it to you that YOU made the Sun hot. You made it bright too with your observation of the electrical message coming from another dimension. Your life, all at once with a dark side and a positive light side. I enjoy reading about Eric Dollard. Also Gene Ray.

Such a wealth of theory in modern physics, ancient archeology, astronomy, philosophy, biology, paranormal studies, dreams, NDE, OBE, and politics, etc. All of this, is a message from The Sun to your biological resistor, The Brain: saying yes, or no, or just letting the current go by. Like an electrical circuit, where does the information of your life story go?

Sun-Saturn%2Band%2Bdestiny.jpg

The Big Bang Theory is the biggest myth Science in Science today?

Last edited:
This is my first ever post here. So first of all I want to praise Alex for his work. I'm constantly amazed at how clearly he can see and think.

Great article Mike. Thanks for bringing up the subject of the Sun. I have strong personal theories on it and see improved logic in an Electric Universe Theory. In the past few years, I've taken to checking the SRDO - www.heliosphere.org to match up turbulent events in the news with happenings. Its a hunch but there is a relationship there between Mass Coronal Ejections and major events. In short: Violent Sun, Violent Streets - what a story! I dream this: At The Sun heart is the point of entry for information here, electric in nature, telling half the story because The Electric Sun we see each day is a Converter of information. There's also a repeater.

If you want to know who and why you are, what better place to start than asking our Sun. But what does this all mean? Why does Your Consciousness make the Sun appear this way in the Mind? And what is Time? I put it to you that YOU made the Sun hot. You made it bright too with your observation of the electrical message coming from another dimension. Your life, all at once with a dark side and a positive light side. I enjoy reading about Eric Dollard. Also Gene Ray.

Such a wealth of theory in modern physics, ancient archeology, astronomy, philosophy, biology, paranormal studies, dreams, NDE, OBE, and politics, etc. All of this, is a message from The Sun to your biological resistor, The Brain: saying yes, or no, or just letting the current go by. Like an electrical circuit, where does the information of your life story go?

Sun-Saturn%2Band%2Bdestiny.jpg

The Big Bang Theory is the biggest myth Science in Science today?
welcome LH... thx for this excellent post. I'm glad you've drawn out attention to the Sams interview and the electric universe stuff.

Back