Skeptiko Reboot |577|

Alex

Administrator
Skeptiko Reboot |577|
by Alex Tsakiris | Jan 10 | Spirituality
Tweet
Inquiry to perpetuate doubt… follow the data… follow the deception… follow the discernment. light is shining.
skeptiko-577-reboot2-300x300.jpg

Nice update, thanks Alex)
Btw, on the comment section of the YouTube video, someone seems to be opining that you became a scientologist... I'm guessing it's someone mistaken or a troll?

About collaborations, I'd be interested in hearing experts in different fields talk about how they'd describe their respective field and uncover common misperceptions about them.
E.g. in the fields of Hinduism, Buddhism, alchemy, Hermeticism, numerology, astrology, magic & witchcraft, and even scientology for that matter. E.g. if I remember correctly, the most skillful remote viewers in the stargate program were high level scientologists... So maybe an interview with one of these individuals on this topic, asking questions about the pros and cons of cherrypicking some aspects of something that might be useful vs rejecting aspects that one doesn't agree with?......

Just to get some feedback, I'd organised a skeptiko interview with arguably the world's greatest academic expert on Hinduism and Buddhism. The professor had to delay the interview and Alex and I didn't follow up. Are other people interested in this sort of 3-way interview, of say Alex, me and the professor discussing such a subject?
I had a list of questions for the professor about the Indian sources: on philosophy (dualism vs non-dualism vs qualified non-dualism), reincarnation, NDEs, siddhis (psychic powers), even vimanas (ufos?) in the Indian literature...

Another possible 3-way interview would be with Joe Atwill, discussing the development of Caesar's Messiah. For example, what happened between emperor Vespasian and his sons who would sequentially become emperors: Titus and Domitian. What was the dynamic between them and how does this seem to have manifested in the New Testament literature? What was the extent of the awareness of the psyops in Roman and Jewish societies? - i.e. was it limited to just a few individuals or did it extend further and unbroken far across time? (Especially with reference to Suetonius, Pliny the Elder, the Gnostics, Constantine, and even centuries later to Christopher Marlowe and 'Shakespeare')......

About my possible role in a 3-way or even 4-way interview, I'm happy to have a minor part. As a historian of many regions and throughout time, I can suggest questions for Alex to ask before an interview and add my thoughts during an interview when I see discrepancies or interesting points to add.
For example, I think it'd be wonderful to have Alex, me, Atwill and say Flavio Barbiero in a 4-way discussion on the origins of Christianity.

What do other people think of this?

Just to get some feedback, I'd organised a skeptiko interview with arguably the world's greatest academic expert on Hinduism and Buddhism. The professor had to delay the interview and Alex and I didn't follow up. Are other people interested in this sort of 3-way interview, of say Alex, me and the professor discussing such a subject?
I had a list of questions for the professor about the Indian sources: on philosophy (dualism vs non-dualism vs qualified non-dualism), reincarnation, NDEs, siddhis (psychic powers), even vimanas (ufos?) in the Indian literature...
great. let's get this going again!

About my possible role in a 3-way or even 4-way interview, I'm happy to have a minor part. As a historian of many regions and throughout time, I can suggest questions for Alex to ask before an interview and add my thoughts during an interview when I see discrepancies or interesting points to add.
For example, I think it'd be wonderful to have Alex, me, Atwill and say Flavio Barbiero in a 4-way discussion on the origins of Christianity.

This is great. email me directly and let's get it going.

Yay! Love the reboot adjustments, going to rack my brain for suggestions/pitches :) Thanks Alex for continuing!!

If all involved parties happened to be interested, I'd be happy to reach out to Jason Breshears and ask him to join. To 'disclaimer' tho, Breshears would automatically fall into the position of subject of scrutiny. But he's practically a literary human-encyclopedia of history pre-1920-ish.

I'm hoping to find a way to get Owen Benjamin on Skeptiko, but I don't know how. May take quite some time to figure out.
He checks all the boxes that would make it ridiculously tricky to justify.
-Holohoaxer
-Flat Earther
-Admitted Racist
-History Revisionist

But conversely he's
-An actual genius, and incredibly interesting
-Comedian entertainer, and incredibly entertaining
-Defeated (In his personal and professional life) the Political Correctness Woke movement.
-Defeated (In his personal and professional life) and only grew/and-growing stronger/more influential after of the 2020 medical tyranny.
-Successful Farmer
-Successful Social Media Platform creator
-Generally speaking, He has been able to see through a lot of BS long before much of the 'truther community' and helped/helps others see through the same.. What he refers to as "breaking spells".
-Spiritually intense, while self-critical and truth-seeking.

I'll follow up when I spark a idea or an angle I think I can run with.

I love this idea of a reboot and I already envision the bounty that shall be harvested! It is as if all the toil is complete, and the fertile fields are sprouting through the permafrost and commanding the sun to be where it must! Didn’t Nietzsche say “First comes the beast of burden, then the defiant lion, and finally the creative child?” Loved you on Zero, Alex! You said it best….it is all about the voice inside our heads, and what are we going to do with it?!?

I'm hoping to find a way to get Owen Benjamin on Skeptiko, but I don't know how. May take quite some time to figure out.
He checks all the boxes that would make it ridiculously tricky to justify.
-Holohoaxer
-Flat Earther
-Admitted Racist
-History Revisionist

But conversely he's
-An actual genius, and incredibly interesting
-Comedian entertainer, and incredibly entertaining
-Defeated (In his personal and professional life) the Political Correctness Woke movement.
-Defeated (In his personal and professional life) and only grew/and-growing stronger/more influential after of the 2020 medical tyranny.
-Successful Farmer
-Successful Social Media Platform creator
-Generally speaking, He has been able to see through a lot of BS long before much of the 'truther community' and helped/helps others see through the same.. What he refers to as "breaking spells".
-Spiritually intense, while self-critical and truth-seeking.

I'll follow up when I spark a idea or an angle I think I can run with.

How entertaining is it to watch Benjamin and Tripoli in another cage match! What about having Benjamin Balderson? He is a trip!

If all involved parties happened to be interested, I'd be happy to reach out to Jason Breshears and ask him to join. To 'disclaimer' tho, Breshears would automatically fall into the position of subject of scrutiny. But he's practically a literary human-encyclopedia of history pre-1920-ish.

I can't really see the fit. I think it would be uncomfortable.

Last edited:
I can't really see the fit. I think it would be uncomfortable.
Thanks for the consideration, and no worries at all. I have a feeling I'll eventually I'll a lightbulb moment on his work and come up with some ideas for a discussion everyone would want to see happen. I'll shelve that one for now and make room for other ideas. I'm really excited to see what comes up.

Interview ideas:
Howard Storms (He is probably my favorite Christian post near death experience. Very festinating to listen to when prompted to talk beyond orthodoxy)
Beth Upton (A former Buddhist nun who is willing to talk about levels of achievement like psychic powers).
Adam Blai (Catholic Church expert on demonology and exorcism)
Alan Clements (former Buddhist monk that has had lot's of interesting life experiences).

I like the hearing/ collecting data points and these folks would certainly bring forth some interesting and different ones.

Interview ideas:
Howard Storms (He is probably my favorite Christian post near death experience. Very festinating to listen to when prompted to talk beyond orthodoxy)
Beth Upton (A former Buddhist nun who is willing to talk about levels of achievement like psychic powers).
Adam Blai (Catholic Church expert on demonology and exorcism)
Alan Clements (former Buddhist monk that has had lot's of interesting life experiences).

I like the hearing/ collecting data points and these folks would certainly bring forth some interesting and different ones.

Would you have any suggestions that involve those who practice witchcraft or origami?

Back