Skeptiko Reboot |577|

Interview ideas:
Howard Storms (He is probably my favorite Christian post near death experience. Very festinating to listen to when prompted to talk beyond orthodoxy)
Beth Upton (A former Buddhist nun who is willing to talk about levels of achievement like psychic powers).
Adam Blai (Catholic Church expert on demonology and exorcism)
Alan Clements (former Buddhist monk that has had lot's of interesting life experiences).

I like the hearing/ collecting data points and these folks would certainly bring forth some interesting and different ones.

I think siddhis are an area that's been way too overlooked, both in the West and the East.
My hunch is that by comparing the tradition of siddhis, the reported capabilities of ufo beings, the abilities of individuals such as Wim Hof and other sources, we have a window to better understand the nature of consciousness

And on the subject of Wim Hof, to me one of the classic skeptiko moments was when Alex said Wim is a yogi (and his abilities are siddhis) ...
Actually it's so obvious, but I hadn't made the connection till Alex said it. Somehow I'd assumed Wim Hof's abilities were a category unto itself, but of course it isn't

Don't know how the "no viruses & no bacteria" causing disease people would be able to explain such evidence away... As far as I can see, saying bacteria don't cause disease is such a leap ad absurdum that it MASSIVELY undermines such people's credibility......

For a while, I entertained the idea of no viruses without my own opinion, but when these people say bacteria are not causing disease it's BIZARRE to me. After all, bacteria can be seen directly by laymen under a microscope, and when people are exposed to certain bacteria they tend to get sick and one can even see infections progressing......

Or am I mistaken re causality somehow?

For a while, I entertained the idea of no viruses without my own opinion, but when these people say bacteria are not causing disease it's BIZARRE to me. After all, bacteria can be seen directly by laymen under a microscope, and when people are exposed to certain bacteria they tend to get sick and one can even see infections progressing......

Or am I mistaken re causality somehow?
The “no virus/no bacteria” people have also facilitated a revolutionary idea that bones don’t really break and site several examples utilizing skateboarders. In essence, they postulate that broken bones are impossible because everything is vibrating. A skateboarder in motion is actually a frequency. When sailing down a park stair rail, they are at a very high vibration which equates to all the people walking up and down the said steps over the course of seven days. What is perceived as a broken bone, upon “falling,” is actually a manifestation of low vibratory energy that disassociates the skateboarder’s quantum state from a parallel synchronicity attaching the skateboarder to Source. Furthermore, falling doesn’t really happen, because everything is relative.

The “no virus/no bacteria” people have also facilitated a revolutionary idea that bones don’t really break and site several examples utilizing skateboarders. In essence, they postulate that broken bones are impossible because everything is vibrating. A skateboarder in motion is actually a frequency. When sailing down a park stair rail, they are at a very high vibration which equates to all the people walking up and down the said steps over the course of seven days. What is perceived as a broken bone, upon “falling,” is actually a manifestation of low vibratory energy that disassociates the skateboarder’s quantum state from a parallel synchronicity attaching the skateboarder to Source. Furthermore, falling doesn’t really happen, because everything is relative.

The "no viruses & bacteria" cause diseases camp seems to be made up of a mixed group. It seems to appeal to New Agey types who think everything is benevolent. So all bacteria are really helpers. These people seem to ignore the evidence showing certain bacteria spreading, accompanying necrosis and death. Then there are any number of parasites. There are also predators that eat humans, such as great white sharks.

It's a big question for me though: to what extent is a psyche able to affect "matter"?...
The Placebo Effect shows it can to an extent. Siddhis too. Reports of UFO beings moving craft with the psychical power too

But what about the Dunning-Kruger Effect? (That people not so competent in an area tend to overestimate their ability)... Wouldn't the belief by their psyche make them more competent? But evidence shows that more competent people tend to UNDERestimate their ability.....

So what does the Dunning-Kruger Effect indicate about the power of the psyche?

And if belief by the psyche is so important compared to other factors (e.g. genetics) when developing abilities, then why are say women not at all reaching the top records in terms of physical speed and power, and why are there say no females who have gotten into the top 5 chess players in the world?.......

If belief by the psyche is so important, then surely there'd be a woman with enough self-belief that there'd be a woman at the top in something like track and field or in chess. But we don't have one example of this......

It's a big question for me though: to what extent is a psyche able to affect "matter"?...
The Placebo Effect shows it can to an extent. Siddhis too. Reports of UFO beings moving craft with the psychical power too

But what about the Dunning-Kruger Effect? (That people not so competent in an area tend to overestimate their ability)... Wouldn't the belief by their psyche make them more competent? But evidence shows that more competent people tend to UNDERestimate their ability.....

I like to simplify things in an efforts requiring great attention to detail. After I discover a solution, I tag it with an acronym or a couple of last names separated by a dash. Next, I pose as if it common sense to the masses. For example, my ability to peal, mince, and cook with garlic....along with bell peppers, cabbage, Habanero peppers, julienned onions, oysters, mushrooms, and avocado oil. Certainly, in a cast iron wok. I have dubbed this the Voorhees-Kruger effect.

Do more competent people underestimate their ability? I don't think so. However, I would say that stupid people feign their ability, whereas more competent people are less apt to do so. This might make it seem that they are underestimating their ability, but rather they are being realistic about their ability. My advice is to kick a herd member and pet a dog. It will make you feel better.

To what extent can the psyche effect matter? We can go about this in two different ways: 1. Be like the idiot who made the movie, "What the bleep do we know?" - Who ended up as a tool in an idiots cult. In this instance, we think that the double slit experiment gave us reason, ability, and consciousness. 2. We can actually do something like move a chair across the room with our hands and feet.....something that the double slit experiment has never been able to do.

Last edited:
Interview ideas:
Howard Storms (He is probably my favorite Christian post near death experience. Very festinating to listen to when prompted to talk beyond orthodoxy)
Beth Upton (A former Buddhist nun who is willing to talk about levels of achievement like psychic powers).
Adam Blai (Catholic Church expert on demonology and exorcism)
Alan Clements (former Buddhist monk that has had lot's of interesting life experiences).

I like the hearing/ collecting data points and these folks would certainly bring forth some interesting and different ones.

hi Jason... thx. sorry for the delay.

- I intereviewed Howard ahile back, but would be glad to go for round 2.

- Adam Blai... sure.

- Alan Clements... sure.

but, with each of these folks, I would ask her to check with him and make sure that he wants to do this skeptical thing

The "no viruses & bacteria" cause diseases camp seems to be made up of a mixed group. It seems to appeal to New Agey types who think everything is benevolent. So all bacteria are really helpers. These people seem to ignore the evidence showing certain bacteria spreading, accompanying necrosis and death. Then there are any number of parasites. There are also predators that eat humans, such as great white sharks.

There are several groups of people, including at least the following:

1. Those who accept that both viruses and bacteria, in accordance with germ theory, can be responsible for communicable disease -- this is the consensus view.

2. Those who accept that bacteria can cause communicable disease in line with germ theory, but have very strong doubts that viruses do the same, believing there's no unassailable proof that viruses exist.

In the case where a communicable disease is caused by a microbial agent, according to this view, it is most likely a bacterium or fragments thereof. If fragmented (or conceivably extremely small), a bacterium may be able to pass through filters with pores of a size designed to allow through only "viruses". This may be why so-called "viral" vaccines, if prepared incorrectly, can cause the "viral" disease they're supposed to prevent. Most vaccines don't contain whole microbial agents, but rather, as intimated, fragments thereof -- this is certainly true in the UK for bacteria, and alleged to be true for viruses.

Currently, my opinion aligns with this view.

3. Those who reject germ theory and hence that both viruses and bacteria cause disease -- this group tend to accept terrain theory. They tend to think that that bacteria are mostly if not always beneficial and that viruses don't exist.

As for my part, I'm agnostic about terrain theory. But I don't rule out that it may have some influence in some cases -- we all know the placebo/nocebo effect is real and can cause or prevent some maladies, though it is difficult to see how it could cause epidemics of apparently communicable disease. Some form of mass hysteria, perhaps?

There are several groups of people, including at least the following:

1. Those who accept that both viruses and bacteria, in accordance with germ theory, can be responsible for communicable disease -- this is the consensus view.

2. Those who accept that bacteria can cause communicable disease in line with germ theory, but have very strong doubts that viruses do the same, believing there's no unassailable proof that viruses exist.

In the case where a communicable disease is caused by a microbial agent, according to this view, it is most likely a bacterium or fragments thereof. If fragmented (or conceivably extremely small), a bacterium may be able to pass through filters with pores of a size designed to allow through only "viruses". This may be why so-called "viral" vaccines, if prepared incorrectly, can cause the "viral" disease they're supposed to prevent. Most vaccines don't contain whole microbial agents, but rather, as intimated, fragments thereof -- this is certainly true in the UK for bacteria, and alleged to be true for viruses.

Currently, my opinion aligns with this view.

3. Those who reject germ theory and hence that both viruses and bacteria cause disease -- this group tend to accept terrain theory. They tend to think that that bacteria are mostly if not always beneficial and that viruses don't exist.

As for my part, I'm agnostic about terrain theory. But I don't rule out that it may have some influence in some cases -- we all know the placebo/nocebo effect is real and can cause or prevent some maladies, though it is difficult to see how it could cause epidemics of apparently communicable disease. Some form of mass hysteria, perhaps?

And
4. Those who suspect that viruses rather than living individual entities are instead activities in the same way that a flame is an activity. And who suspect that transmission is happening at the level of frequency/vibrations. In this case you would never isolate a virus unit without the material it's attacking, because without attacking it wouldn't be a virus virusing. Just like how a flame that's not burning is not a flame.
This is my group. It just seems like if viruses were actual little living entities, then they would be 1000's X more easy to isolate/modify/weaponize. and they wouldn't need cryptic/obfuscating/fairytale language to describe the steps of evolution and manufacture of them.

Last edited:
Balderson makes me want to smash my face into a wall. Moonlight isn't cold and spend some time in the desert if you think moonlight is more degrading than sunlight. It would be a cringefest like no other.
These days many of my longtime favorite hosts have me flipping the channel whenever they default to hype.
My core listening is/are:
Alex Tsakiris - Skeptiko (Good as it gets for the art of podcast/interview shows)
Clif High - Woo
Al Borealis - Intellectual
Freeman Fly - Conspiracy/Occult
Greg Carlwood of Higherside Chats
Jason Breshears of Archaix (Trigger alert) - Ancient Historical +Woo
Owen Benjamin Comedy (Major Trigger alert / Major NSFW)
Richard Cox of Deepstate Consciousness Podcast - Great show
Charlie Robinson of Macro Aggressions Podcast - Casual Truther radio stuff
Lindsay Scharmyn of Rogue Ways - Casual Truther radio
Garland Nixon - News
Not necessarily in that order. But Skeptiko is definately at the top of any legitimate podcast list.

On another note
I think it was the Episode 511 w Bruce De Torres (not quite sure) where the subject came up of The Powers That Be... Like the REAL TPTB - the ones who are nameless to us, and who pull the strings of the Gates/Schuab/Soros/Fauci/and-heads-of-state. And the question came up in the form of a devils advocate as to whether the sloppy oligarchic control mechanisms are lazy or just psychopathic. Meaning, do the super rich enjoy not solving real problems? Or are they incapable? Or are they truly so psychopathic that they would see such solutions as antithetical.
By Problems, I mean labor, wealth, scarcity, etc.. We're talking 1000's of years that they've had access to think tanks filled with geniuses.
I'm a believer in afterlife and I like to think after this life on the other side (in between lives) I'll walk by the cafeteria and see Gates and Schuab sitting at a table eating, and I'll get to walk up and ask them what they learned from this particular incarnation? And then I'll walk over to Alex and whisper for him to look over at Gates/Schuab so he can see that I slapped stickers on both of their backs that say "idiot".

Back