Skeptiko Reboot |577|

These days many of my longtime favorite hosts have me flipping the channel whenever they default to hype.
My core listening is/are:
Alex Tsakiris - Skeptiko (Good as it gets for the art of podcast/interview shows)
Clif High - Woo
Al Borealis - Intellectual
Freeman Fly - Conspiracy/Occult
Greg Carlwood of Higherside Chats
Jason Breshears of Archaix (Trigger alert) - Ancient Historical +Woo
Owen Benjamin Comedy (Major Trigger alert / Major NSFW)
Richard Cox of Deepstate Consciousness Podcast - Great show
Charlie Robinson of Macro Aggressions Podcast - Casual Truther radio stuff
Lindsay Scharmyn of Rogue Ways - Casual Truther radio
Garland Nixon - News
Not necessarily in that order. But Skeptiko is definately at the top of any legitimate podcast list.

Thanks for the suggestions! I've been having the same problem of flipping the channels on people I used to like. I follow a few of those, but some are new ones I will have to check out.

Currently, my opinion aligns with this view.

3. Those who reject germ theory and hence that both viruses and bacteria cause disease -- this group tend to accept terrain theory. They tend to think that that bacteria are mostly if not always beneficial and that viruses don't exist.

As for my part, I'm agnostic about terrain theory. But I don't rule out that it may have some influence in some cases -- we all know the placebo/nocebo effect is real and can cause or prevent some maladies, though it is difficult to see how it could cause epidemics of apparently communicable disease. Some form of mass hysteria, perhaps?

Difficult to explain it as mass hysteria though. Even on a small scale, there is what appears to be food poisoning caused by bacteria. The evidence for this seems quite clear right?

And then there are what appear to be bacterial infections that are then cleared up by antibiotics. Difficult to explain that as something to do with emotional conflicts/hysteria and then the person feeling better following antibiotics

I like to simplify things in an efforts requiring great attention to detail. After I discover a solution, I tag it with an acronym or a couple of last names separated by a dash. Next, I pose as if it common sense to the masses. For example, my ability to peal, mince, and cook with garlic....along with bell peppers, cabbage, Habanero peppers, julienned onions, oysters, mushrooms, and avocado oil. Certainly, in a cast iron wok. I have dubbed this the Voorhees-Kruger effect.

Do more competent people underestimate their ability? I don't think so. However, I would say that stupid people feign their ability, whereas more competent people are less apt to do so. This might make it seem that they are underestimating their ability, but rather they are being realistic about their ability. My advice is to kick a herd member and pet a dog. It will make you feel better.

To what extent can the psyche effect matter? We can go about this in two different ways: 1. Be like the idiot who made the movie, "What the bleep do we know?" - Who ended up as a tool in an idiots cult. In this instance, we think that the double slit experiment gave us reason, ability, and consciousness. 2. We can actually do something like move a chair across the room with our hands and feet.....something that the double slit experiment has never been able to do.

You can make absurd anaologies all you like. The burden of evidence is on you to show the Dunning-Kruger Effect isn't real

And
4. Those who suspect that viruses rather than living individual entities are instead activities in the same way that a flame is an activity. And who suspect that transmission is happening at the level of frequency/vibrations. In this case you would never isolate a virus unit without the material it's attacking, because without attacking it wouldn't be a virus virusing. Just like how a flame that's not burning is not a flame.
This is my group. It just seems like if viruses were actual little living entities, then they would be 1000's X more easy to isolate/modify/weaponize. and they wouldn't need cryptic/obfuscating/fairytale language to describe the steps of evolution and manufacture of them.

Well, if one is an Idealist (and I am), eveything (including "matter") is "vibrations" in an essentially mental universe. So in at least one sense, I think you're right.

Difficult to explain it as mass hysteria though. Even on a small scale, there is what appears to be food poisoning caused by bacteria. The evidence for this seems quite clear right?

I agree.
And then there are what appear to be bacterial infections that are then cleared up by antibiotics. Difficult to explain that as something to do with emotional conflicts/hysteria and then the person feeling better following antibiotics

Again, I agree. In fact, antibiotics used in the preparation of "viral" vaccines are what may fragment bacteria to produce the alleged viruses. This is because many antibiotics attack the cell wall of a bacterium, helping break it down.

Balderson makes me want to smash my face into a wall. Moonlight isn't cold and spend some time in the desert if you think moonlight is more degrading than sunlight. It would be a cringefest like no other.

HAHA! What are you talking about! I worked as an interior designer for 17 years and have installed countless moonlights into houses in the desert instead of air conditioners. Yes, the house gets hot as all hell during the day, but at night, the moonlight drops the temperature to a cool 55 degrees! During a full moon, the temperature will get down to near 50 degrees! You have to pay attention to the moon phases and install the moonlight properly in the roof. Also, for a nominal fee, I install a shutter system on the moonlight so you can further control the temperature in the house in accordance with the phases of the moon.

I also sell moon chest for campers that are traveling to the remote wildernesses beyond the pole of Antarctica that Admiral Byrd talked about. You know, that place that all the flat earthers talk about saving money up for a trip to! Contrary to popular believe, there isn't much ice once you get over the hump of the ice wall, and it gets hot as hell out there! So my moon chest is an amazing solution for those who desire a cool beer during a hot campfire. It utilizing the same revolutionary technology of my moonlight for houses! Simply set it outside, especially during a full moon, and your beer will be ICE cold in less than 30 minutes!

Last edited:
And what especially interests you about origami as it relates to studying consciousness or are you just being facetious?

Go take a flat piece of paper and shape it into a dragon, then report back to me if this had anything to do with being conscious. On the contrary, we can have a guy sitting around doing nothing all day, and pretend he knows more about consciousness than the origamist. Even worse, we can have a fool exorcising demons by night, but molesting kids by day, called a priest; - and pretend this clown is some kind of initiate into unknown realms of consciousness. Origami guy beats both of them when concerning matters of consciousness! You should ask yourself if a person who believes otherwise is being facetious, or is just mentally inept!

You can make absurd anaologies all you like. The burden of evidence is on you to show the Dunning-Kruger Effect isn't real
Likewise, you can make absurd accusations like this, but it is up to you to prove that the Voorhees-Kruger effect doesn't make a great stir fry in a WOK! The burden of evidence is on you!

HAHA! What are you talking about! I worked as an interior designer for 17 years and have installed countless moonlights into houses in the desert instead of air conditioners. Yes, the house gets hot as all hell during the day, but at night, the moonlight drops the temperature to a cool 55 degrees! During a full moon, the temperature will get down to near 50 degrees! You have to pay attention to the moon phases and install the moonlight properly in the roof. Also, for a nominal fee, I install a shutter system on the moonlight so you can further control the temperature in the house in accordance with the phases of the moon.

I also sell n moon chest for campers that are traveling to the remote wildernesses beyond the pole of Antarctica that Admiral Byrd talked about. You know, that place that all the flat earthers talk about saving money up for a trip to! Contrary to popular believe, there isn't much ice once you get over the hump of the ice wall, and it gets hot as hell out there! So my moon chest is an amazing solution for those who desire a cool beer during a hot campfire. It utilizing the same revolutionary technology of my moonlight for houses! Simply set it outside, especially during a full moon, and your beer will be ICE cold in less than 30 minutes!

"Moon chest" bahahah. That had me rolling
I'll trade you my oceanfront property in AZ for a few of dem there moon chests.

Another suggestion for an interview: biophysicist Andreas Kalcker. His chlorine dioxide solution actually works. A few years ago, when I contracted COVID from a coworker, I made it as he described and it had me feeling better in three days. His story is quite fascinating.

Go take a flat piece of paper and shape it into a dragon, then report back to me if this had anything to do with being conscious. On the contrary, we can have a guy sitting around doing nothing all day, and pretend he knows more about consciousness than the origamist. Even worse, we can have a fool exorcising demons by night, but molesting kids by day, called a priest; - and pretend this clown is some kind of initiate into unknown realms of consciousness. Origami guy beats both of them when concerning matters of consciousness! You should ask yourself if a person who believes otherwise is being facetious, or is just mentally inept!

I still don't get why origami is especially interesting re consciousness, but you've written some other interesting posts so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt

I still don't get why origami is especially interesting re consciousness, but you've written some other interesting posts so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt
Nelson, let me break it down for you. You have a perfectly trimmed beard. That took a little bit of attention to detail, right? In other words, you had to pay attention to how well your beard was trimmed. You treated your beard with the same respect that a master of trimmer of Bonsai trees would. You had to be conscious of your immaculate beard, and how it would appear to be so on any forum. You were conscientious about the appearance of your perfect beard!

Likewise, if we are not trying to accomplish anything, yet falling back on what "science," let alone religion, tells us is immaculate or extraordinary, we lose track of our own effects and the power as such.

Not only is origami especially interesting concerning consciousness, but juggling is as well!

Nelson, let me break it down for you. You have a perfectly trimmed beard. That took a little bit of attention to detail, right? In other words, you had to pay attention to how well your beard was trimmed. You treated your beard with the same respect that a master of trimmer of Bonsai trees would. You had to be conscious of your immaculate beard, and how it would appear to be so on any forum. You were conscientious about the appearance of your perfect beard!

Likewise, if we are not trying to accomplish anything, yet falling back on what "science," let alone religion, tells us is immaculate or extraordinary, we lose track of our own effects and the power as such.

Not only is origami especially interesting concerning consciousness, but juggling is as well!
Sounds quite zen-like. Many paths to higher states of awareness :)

Back