Sorry I come to whine again

No, definitely not an illusion. If I knew how to, I'd include a photo!

I enjoy the way you write English, for example :

Very descriptive, I could feel how 'boisterous' the road was. :D

Who knows what the future holds for any of us. I would recommend that you are definitely _you_ for now, and the 'now' is all we have. Enjoy your 'now'. ;)

I agree with you, I should focus the "now", not only the "now" work, the "now" entertainment, also the "now" beloved ones, friends, family, or even benign strangers on the road.

Sometimes when I'm not in a hurry to contact someone, that's as if I expect that no matter how long will pass, everyone I have met or communicated in my life will just be there, somewhere on the earth, and fate will draw us together again, like a magic appointment.

One nde said that most of us have lived astronomically longer than a life long time of a human being, if it could be so, then perhaps I would have recognized some of you here astronomically long ago. ^_^

Whatever, I should treat the others as best as I can, at this very present.

One way to look at the idea of our each having multiple lives is that we are like actors in a stage play. Some of the play is scripted, we arrive in a scene, the stage is set, the other actors play their parts. But we have no script. We have to improvise, decide what to do and say in each scene. But - and this is important - at the end of the play, the actor is the actor. The actor is not the same as the role he/she just played. In some NDE accounts, the person will remember some or many previous lives, they are not really forgotten or lost after all. But when the actor walks onto the stage to play Macbeth, he doesn't want to start playing the role of Juliet (or vice versa), that would confuse everyone and lead to chaos.

One way to look at the idea of our each having multiple lives is that we are like actors in a stage play. Some of the play is scripted, we arrive in a scene, the stage is set, the other actors play their parts. But we have no script. We have to improvise, decide what to do and say in each scene. But - and this is important - at the end of the play, the actor is the actor. The actor is not the same as the role he/she just played. In some NDE accounts, the person will remember some or many previous lives, they are not really forgotten or lost after all. But when the actor walks onto the stage to play Macbeth, he doesn't want to start playing the role of Juliet (or vice versa), that would confuse everyone and lead to chaos.

Yeah, that confuses me greatly. No matter what kind of role I had played in some of my previous lives, I feel nasty to accept that I had played a role who hurt someone very very much, for example, if I were one of several heirs of a king in a dynasty and had made vicious tricks to persecute my brothers, innocent servants and many others and strive to grasp the throne. In the drama scripts perhaps I had been under necessity to do so, I would still feel that "role of mine" had been nasty and unforgivable. There can be more disturbing scenarios.

Yeah, that confuses me greatly. No matter what kind of role I had played in some of my previous lives, I feel nasty to accept that I had played a role who hurt someone very very much, for example, if I were one of several heirs of a king in a dynasty and had made vicious tricks to persecute my brothers, innocent servants and many others and strive to grasp the throne. In the drama scripts perhaps I had been under necessity to do so, I would still feel that "role of mine" had been nasty and unforgivable. There can be more disturbing scenarios.

I'm sure that we have all done and been 'nasty' in our past lives. To grow in Wisdom meant that we had to go through the trials individually. That is why this world is so confusing, it is so because if it were otherwise, the lesson couldn't really be learned. I enjoy the idea of life being a trial, probably one that is chosen by us beforehand, as I think Typoz has said. (He might correct me if he thinks otherwise).

I'm sure that we have all done and been 'nasty' in our past lives. To grow in Wisdom meant that we had to go through the trials individually. That is why this world is so confusing, it is so because if it were otherwise, the lesson couldn't really be learned. I enjoy the idea of life being a trial, probably one that is chosen by us beforehand, as I think Typoz has said. (He might correct me if he thinks otherwise).
Thanks for the comment. You perhaps rephrased or extended something I said - but I don't object, though it may not be exactly what I intended, but it's not so far off. One thing though, personally I don't like to use the "school" or "learning" or "trial" metaphor. Maybe school is rather too unpleasant in my memory, so I don't feel inclined to use that as a foundation on which to build anything. I will just say that for me life is about experiencing.

Meanwhile, I've been reading a thought-provoking thread on another forum Some of the ideas are quite challenging - the idea that the same group of individuals may come together in more than one lifetime, but not always in the same sorts of relationships - there may be hostile, unpleasant ones as well as warm loving relationships. I'm not saying I support this idea. I merely say it is interesting to consider:

http://www.reincarnationforum.com/threads/of-relatives-and-executioners.6721/

Maybe school is rather too unpleasant in my memory, so I don't feel inclined to use that as a foundation on which to build anything.

Fair enough. :)

I really like the idea of 'school' or teaching as I feel that we start as 'young' innocent beings, eventually ending up as old wise ones. This may be expanded for ever or down to one lifetime. What happens then?

What happens then?
I've heard multiple answers , a (relatively) short term one is that one may choose to stay close to this planet in order to help others on their own journeys. Another, is that the possibilities are infinite, as one progresses, new hitherto unseen vistas emerge, that one may choose to explore, to move on but such concepts are inexpressible in terms of what we can understand or even think from this current perspective.

Excuse me, everyone who takes interested in that nde:

You are not illusions, right? I'm not alone, right? You have blond hair and blue/green/sapphire/emerald scleras while I have black/obsidian ones, right? But you are not extraterrestrial lives to me and I'm not extraterrestrial lives to you, right? How marvelous!!!!

Please, promise me, you are not illusions, you are not volatile, you are all there, somewhere on the same earth that I am on, solid and vivid, and living various glamorous lives, doing wonderful activities, though sometimes you may face a bit difficulty, you never lose hope, right? We face the same thing, whether that would be extraterrestrial lives, or something even more scary, we face together, is it precisely true?

Sounds like you are going through thinking of the possibility of solipsism, my friend. I have been there. You might find this very short story interesting.

This feeling is common. It reminds me of this account of one guy's DMT trip -- he really had to struggle with coming back to reality and not thinking he is alone in the universe and wanted assurance that there are other people out there. His experience really stuck with me.

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/archive/index.php/t-614553.html

I can only assure you that I have green eyes and exist as much as you do. At least, I take it for granted that you exist -- I only know that I exist, cogito ergo sum, and all that. :)

Like in a dream we forget who we are and as if become another "self", but after waking up, we are still ourselves? Whether the author meant, his original self has been destroyed and the "now him" is actually another person? Or whether he meant, even if he had been destroyed numerous times by entering infinite paddles, he could still come back to the original world and take back his starting personality and "his self" afterwards?

That's exactly what I thought about, too! I have had dreams where I am in bizarre situations but somehow have all these memories so that I understand what is going on in the dream. Memories, of course, that are "fake." That has always bothered me about some of my vivid dreams, how I have these oh-so-real memories that explain my situation.

Sounds like you are going through thinking of the possibility of solipsism, my friend. I have been there. You might find this very short story interesting.

This feeling is common. It reminds me of this account of one guy's DMT trip -- he really had to struggle with coming back to reality and not thinking he is alone in the universe and wanted assurance that there are other people out there. His experience really stuck with me.

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/archive/index.php/t-614553.html

I can only assure you that I have green eyes and exist as much as you do. At least, I take it for granted that you exist -- I only know that I exist, cogito ergo sum, and all that. :)

That's exactly what I thought about, too! I have had dreams where I am in bizarre situations but somehow have all these memories so that I understand what is going on in the dream. Memories, of course, that are "fake." That has always bothered me about some of my vivid dreams, how I have these oh-so-real memories that explain my situation.
Thank you, very very soothing and solacing, having read what you replied and linked to. I have only finished reading half on that discussion thread started by that DMT trip guy. It has already given me much resonance and insights.

I paused, and have thought for a while for making this conclusion up before I continue reading that thread:

[Statement 1], the highest safe feeling of being remotely away from the threat of "loneliness" and "loves are all fake", can only be achieved by finding out unequivocally and evidentially that the world outside me exists regardless of myself and there are other "selves" existing in other doppelgangers.

I think the highest safe feeling, either is impossible to be achieved, or can be achieved in a way I can't even start to fathom yet. Since I can't see any possibility of finding that out unequivocally and evidentially.

[Statement 2], the secondly highest safe feeling can be achieved by that the more vivid world I observe, the more guarantee I feel. This is by no means a 100% strict proof on that I'm not alone and all loves are not illusions, but it provides effective soothing, solacing and reassuring power.

I saw, am seeing, and will touch the spirit and wit of many interesting and surprising (in a good sense) persons or pets, each of them has unique characteristics, traits and talents. These fill my heart like a child has just received a present he has yearned for a whole century.

[Statement 3], the repudiation of safe feeling is reached by a completely dull or cruel careless world.

Fortunately I generally feel I'm in a situation best described by the [Statement 2].

Without any blame or complaint purposes, I want to say a fact that many Chinese people tend to be very practical and pragmatic and less humorous and less imaginative and less creative, under the huge pressure of earning bread and butter, which is understandable. But this results in that Chinese people tend to be quite boring, especially that they generally take not so fervent interests in European medieval cultures as I take.

I never made a discussion on domestic forum half as thoughtful as here. However, some Chinese people are really kind and lovely and have their own genre of humor. But I feel that's not enough to make myself feel the world is vivid and abundant. I need exotic cultures.

In many senses, I owe you all a debt, you all, including my nationals and foreign friends. I'm more curious about foreigners though, imagine I once considered westerners as extraterrestrial lives when I was a child, and what a surprise I felt as I gradually found that the exotic and chic and ruritanian "extraterrestrial lives" can be communicated. It is you with all your wisdom and wit that provides me with the [Statement 2], it imprints in my deepest soul that I fundamentally wish all the kind and good people live happily and glamorously and enthusiastically. They, you, are here, or there, being happy, then I can be happy. Otherwise I cry to the brink of whatever universe.

I googled 'chaos creators'

http://lunaticoutpost.com/post-2708675.html

Post#4 is an interesting one. A few others too.
Thank you dear Steve, what they said in this link is astonishing, although I coarsely follow the policy of "don't easily trust a saying on internet", I find it is tempting to follow what they said and if what they said are all truth and if I were to have an opportunity I should definitely ask those arrangers (creators of our earthly lives) a ton of questions about the puzzles accumulated along my earthly life, like in what what year when in this situation, that situation what was the best measure I should have taken to benefit the people surrounding me and help them circumvent the bad things?

Thank you, very very soothing and solacing, having read what you replied and linked to. I have only finished reading half on that discussion thread started by that DMT trip guy. It has already given me much resonance and insights..

Sorry for the short response (I don't have a lot of time at the moment), but the DMT guy, if I remember correctly, does come back to update, and he eventually did make peace with his experience and decided it was positive for him. But I thought the entire thread was really interesting with the discussions his post started.

Never mind. Trying to figure out why I am here and why I meet you all and communicate with you all, should be the goal and fuel in the rest of my life. So I will stick to this topic whenever I can. Good luck everyone! :)

Reactions: tim
It means I read that FDE, thought it was a bit scary, and texted the link to my husband (he posted a few times here). No mystery there, but maybe I don't get the joke?

I wasn't making a joke, Doppleganger I was just curious as to the "sending" to your husband. It doesn't matter, I just wondered if he was in a different country or something. I suppose social media has made it possible to keep in contact wherever anyone is.

I wasn't making a joke, Doppleganger I was just curious as to the "sending" to your husband. It doesn't matter, I just wondered if he was in a different country or something. I suppose social media has made it possible to keep in contact wherever anyone is.

Oh ok, I was just confused by your comment. I'm not actually on social media because I hate it. I just texted the link from my phone to his. I actually just got my first smartphone in August. I resisted for as long as I could before it became impractical. :) BTW, he was at work when I sent it, as he is often bored during slow times, so we text and share links to interesting things during the work day.

Oh ok, I was just confused by your comment. I'm not actually on social media because I hate it. I just texted the link from my phone to his. I actually just got my first smartphone in August. I resisted for as long as I could before it became impractical. :) BTW, he was at work when I sent it, as he is often bored during slow times, so we text and share links to interesting things during the work day.

Thanks for the reply, Doppelganger. I don't like social media either. It's all gone barking mad. I can't believe that the President of the United States tell us what he thinks on "twitter."

Thanks for the reply, Doppelganger. I don't like social media either. It's all gone barking mad. I can't believe that the President of the United States tell us what he thinks on "twitter."

I know. Someone needs to tell Trump to get the hell off Twitter!

BTW, I enjoy reading your posts here. I've learned a lot about NDEs from you since I've been reading the forum.

All the best to you!

I know. Someone needs to tell Trump to get the hell off Twitter!

BTW, I enjoy reading your posts here. I've learned a lot about NDEs from you since I've been reading the forum.

All the best to you!

Thank you very much, my best to you also. That subject has always fascinated me. I've learned a lot too, from many others including yourself.

Last edited:
Back