Steve Bierman, Hypnosis and NLP in the ER |570|

That's fair enough So here's my process. Some things, like the degree to which persuasion rather than objective evidence was used to garner compliance with mandates and lockdowns was self evident, and indicated to me that the primary agenda was to sell a product. That immediately raised a concern about the level of bias in the information we were getting. So I began digging.

Because I don't have a lab and the expertise to undertake scientific experiments, I had to rely on papers, documentaries, interviews with people who have been affected, and firsthand experience. I'm a pretty intelligent person who gets scientific concepts, so by comparing the points for and against the various claims from multiple sources, I was able to arrive at a degree of confidence about the accuracy of various claims.

I concede that my analysis therefore comes from numerous sources, and therefore everything I've taken into consideration could be pure fiction fabricated for the purpose of misleading the world, but how reasonable is that — really? Apart from that, a portion of the evidence I used was the same sources the mainstream news sources used, only with the parts they conveniently left out because it went against their policy of not saying anything that could result in "vaccine hesitancy" — a policy that was instituted throughout the MSM via the "Trusted News Initiative".

So the bottom line is that by applying the principles of critical thinking to the best available evidence at hand ( both pro and con ), the picture that has taken shape is that the MSM, Governments, and big tech have colluded to syphon trillions out of the global economy and into the coffers of the major players. It has cost literally millions livelihoods, eroded civil liberties, resulted in injuries and deaths, and the damage will ripple for decades to come.

The evidence for this is now so overwhelming that failing to acknowledge it amounts to either wilful ignorance — or the desire not to admit one's own complicity in it.
Or maybe you've overestimated your own ability to understand a lot of complex topics and interdependencies of which you are not expert in most/all?

I don't mean that to sound harsh, but the fact that you didn't allow for any possible failing in your own intelligence and application of "critical thinking" seems a bit of a potential blind spot and a red flag of sorts. I mean it is possible you made some errors, right?

I don't know ANYONE who is engaged with studying Global Warming that's so obsessed with CO2 levels than those who think Global Warming is bunk. Seriously. I know scientists here in Halifax who studied soil erosion and climate change impacts, and C02 was never mentioned once.
Probably because it's only one of the many greenhouse gases we've got problems with?
J
Well correct me if I'm wrong, but the supposed effects of greenhouse gases - whatever they are - are to raise the temperature of the earth. Maybe I should re-phrase the above in terms of an obsession with controlling the earth's temperature.

Controlling the earth's temperature is clearly infeasible because temperature changes have taken place in the past when no technology was operating. We are wrecking the economies of the West to hold down CO2 levels, so as a supporter of green technologies, you can't really deny the main focus is on CO2.

BTW, the most important greenhouse gas is water vapour.

The main reason I think global warming is bunk, is the temperature record from 1880 to the present day. I don't accept that a temperature change of 1.2C over that entire period is measurable when you consider that land use has changed considerably over the same period. Whenever you measure something to determine if it is changing, you have to have a reasoned cut-off below which you just accept that there is no evidence of a change.

David

She had the first two doses, but then decided not to have any more because of the reactions she’d seen happening to people she knew. What’s interesting is that the people themselves won‘t admit that it could have been the jab to blame. She knows I’m highly dubious about them, but she knows her own mind.

My approach was to let her make her own decisions, at her age who am I to try influence her decision.
So do you think the two doses played any role in her recovery from the COVID infection? (Positive or negative I guess)

I lost my then 85 year old uncle to COVID in the early days of the pandemic (summer 2000). He had several co-morbidities, got sick, the hospital tests for COVID came back positive, and he passed after a week. It was truly horrible as my cousin, his son, was unable to see his father due to the isolation policies in place at the time. My father (it was his older brother) was also unable to see and say goodbye to his brother.

We had to do a virtual memorial service and it wasn't until last summer we were finally able to get some family together to mourn.

The entire screw up, overdone social distancing policies absolutely did emotional harm to my family. I'm still saddened by it and, being honest, a bit angry about it.

Point being, as it relates to your point about your Mum's decisions on the vaccine, my Dad very much wanted to get the vaccine to protect his health and to avoid his brother's fate. (My father is in very good health with no co-morbidities and, of course, younger than his brother). Even if I'd felt the vaccines were dangerous (which I did/do not), I would not have tried to influence him. Would have felt wrong somehow.

I honestly have no idea. If I had to guess I would assume she has been vaccinated. (In my social network its the vast majority for those especially in the 70+ age cohort)
We are both over 70, and have not had any COVID jabs.

People of our age have seen enough to realise just how hysterical the response to COVID and the vaccine have been compared to previous health emergencies.

David

I lost my then 85 year old uncle to COVID in the early days of the pandemic (summer 2000). He had several co-morbidities, got sick, the hospital tests for COVID came back positive, and he passed after a week. It was truly horrible as my cousin, his son, was unable to see his father due to the isolation policies in place at the time. My father (it was his older brother) was also unable to see and say goodbye to his brother.

I certainly do not want to belittle how unpleasant that must have been to all of you. However, do you think that your uncle (with his comorbidities) would have been safe against a range of common infections even in the absence of COVID? For example, I knew two people of roughly that age group with comorbidities (but well before COVID) who each died with a bug that was never even identified. This was commonly recognised as being the way some people end their days.

David

Or maybe you've overestimated your own ability to understand a lot of complex topics and interdependencies of which you are not expert in most/all?
That's not often the case. I'm honest with myself about what I get and what I don't get, and I don't jump to conclusions based on uninformed opinions or what I want to believe. I'm also open to changing my position based on new evidence. I also tend to bias my investigations contrary to whatever my current position is — looking for exceptions. These methods minimize the sort of confirmation bias you are referring to.
I don't mean that to sound harsh, but the fact that you didn't allow for any possible failing in your own intelligence and application of "critical thinking" seems a bit of a potential blind spot and a red flag of sorts.
Actually, if you read the response in my previous paragraph, you'd realize that your assumption is incorrect. I'm not just a casual critical thinker. I know how to check for blind spots. I also invite evidence to the contrary of my position. On the issue of pandemic management, there's misinformation and disinformation on both sides. I'm typically attacked by the far ends of all the camps.
I mean it is possible you made some errors, right?
Of course it's possible for errors to happen, not just because of my own potential misinterpretation, but because the information I'm assuming is probably accurate — isn't. And BTW, that works both ways ( for both the pro and con sides of the issues ). However, because I know this in advance, I constantly check and cross check to minimize errors. The result is a level of confidence that goes well above the typical MSM news reports.

Last edited:
Even if I'd felt the vaccines were dangerous (which I did/do not), I would not have tried to influence him. Would have felt wrong somehow.
Even though I do think the vaccines are unsafe, I didn't make much attempt to dissuade people from doing as they saw fit (I am not a medical doctor), except when people were considering taking the vaccine in order to go on holiday. When my nephew, who is a medical doctor, told his two kids that he wasn't going to get them vaccinated, I applauded that decision because as he said, the risks certainly outweigh the benefits in the case of children.

David

Fascinating recent interview with David Icke. He's too dogmatic imo, but he's such a great communicator and his work thought-provoking...

In some ways he's saying essentially what I've been saying, that we shouldn't assume NDEs are the ultimate reality, that the NDE realm also could be subject to manipulations by entities

Fascinating recent interview with David Icke. He's too dogmatic imo, but he's such a great communicator and his work thought-provoking...

In some ways he's saying essentially what I've been saying, that we shouldn't assume NDEs are the ultimate reality, that the NDE realm also could be subject to manipulations by entities

Thanks for posting this.

Icke has lost a ton of credibility with the covid-19 thing. I've cut him way too much slack in the past.

The simulation thing is much more complicated and there's some legitimately smart people on all sides of the issue, ultimately the theory is a fail because Consciousness has been shown to be outside of time and space. more later

Can I just ask here (as there are some people here who seem to think the simulation theory is plausible), who would you say would be in e.g. the top 3 proponents of the simulation theory?

(Once I get your input I'll send out emails to try and get them on a skeptiko interview)

Can I just ask here (as there are some people here who seem to think the simulation theory is plausible), who would you say would be in e.g. the top 3 proponents of the simulation theory?

(Once I get your input I'll send out emails to try and get them on a skeptiko interview)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M._Night_Shaym-Aliens!
This whole episode of Rick and Morty will test your limits on sim theory.

Dan Harmon (creator) is a podcaster would be worth a shot if he were accessible.

Great.

as we chatted a little bit about an email, I'm starting to lean towards the idea that simulation Theory is implausible because consciousness is outside of space and time... at least it seems to be that that's where the evidence always wind up going... e.g. nde, Obe, DMT, e t c :)

So postulating a super duper Nuts and Bolts and silicone computer that is running a simulation might wind up being a non-starter.

So ideally I think we need someone who is very technically competent. Lex Fridman comes to mind... or some of the guests who have been on his show

My 86 year old Mum got Covid last week, and had a couple of days feeling quite rough, but thankfully it appears as if she’ll survive to fight another day. What struck me was that there was still NO MEDICAL pack/help for her - after two and three quarter years of Covid! Why?

Even if she believed she was taking something that might have helped her, that belief would surely have been positive, yet for eighteen months the message was broadcast daily how many were dying and the huge case numbers. It was nothing short of sick Imo!

There was no medical pack or any guidance given to her - like millions of others in her position her fate was in God’s hands alone.

A mate who was angry at my views on the whole covid debacle said to me Helen his wife who was a nurse at the time at the local hospital described how these individuals would come in quite poorly, be ventilated and eventually die, that was his picture of Covid. How could I be so heartless? But the vast majority of these people would have received ZERO help before getting to that stage, getting no advice on what to take or do to help themselves, and imo such help IS available and definitely ought to have been prioritised. Why wasn’t it?

Such questions abound in my mind.
That's very strange indeed that your mom got little in the way of advice. Lots of burn-out among medical pros, I hear. There are a ton of ads on different sites saying nurses are needed in the USA.
One story I read about "death by ventilator" was in The Viral Delusion. Some nurses & docs came forward about high rates of death following intubation. Some said they panicked due to the risk of exposure to the virus & often ventilated patients out of fear, not b/c of CDC guidelines. One nurse said those surviving ventilation was zero until one young man, who was so whacked out on drugs, came to & pulled the tube out of his own throat. So, it may have been the best thing that your mom got scant attention instead too much of the wrong kind. Good to hear she's better!

That's very strange indeed that your mom got little in the way of advice.

Was it any different where you live? As far as I can tell it was a similar story in all Western countries. It was non-stop propaganda all the way, with vaccines being the only way out. Suddenly GP’s were unobtainable, and any talk of any medicine other than the Vaccine was actively discouraged by the media. I asked my friends wife (the highly experienced nurse) above if she had heard of Ivermectin (in maybe mid ‘pandemic’) “No” was her answer. I would say very very few made any independent effort to investigate other options.

So, it may have been the best thing that your mom got scant attention instead too much of the wrong kind.

Yes, there is probably some truth to that thinking, but I think there really ought to have been a scramble to try any options, like there was in India, with packs containing Vitamin D and Ivermectin etc - no such effort was made - it was all about THE VACCINE!! and testing - they blew 37Billion on PCR testing - what a shameful waste. [[m]]

I highly recommend that you review ...

The 2016 Isaac Asimov Memorial Debate: Is the Universe a Simulation?

Alex must be praying to the Satanic worshippers again (I joke of course!)
I just got hit with the two things he doesn't believe in. COVID (3rd time) and Global Warming (Hurricane Fiona). Luckily I'm recovering from both.
You should really look at the numbers we now have after a couple of years demonstrating how many lives the vaccine saved.
It's almost as if.... wait for it... vaccinations are a good idea in concept!
:)
J

Jason Breshears said he was on with Highersidechats recently. I’ll post that link when it comes out. Jason is probably the most knowledgeable proponent of Sim Theory on YouTube. Incredibly intelligent and talented at presenting info. If you remember the show Ancient Aliens, Breshears presents info in a very similar entertainment fashion and he can freestyle it for hours at a time drawing on an unbelievable database. I highly recommend checking him out.

Back