Steve Bierman, Hypnosis and NLP in the ER |570|

Well, I just finished Dr. Steve Bierman’s book and it was a very good read in my opinion. It was not squarely in my wheel house but I’m really glad I read it.

One of the questions Alex asked at the end of the episode was.. what do we make of all this - IOW is this possible?

I’m not entirely convinced this is a commodity 1+1=2 procedure, so to speak. Not just anyone can effect this sort of result, on just anyone. But I am fairly convinced this is a viable technique he employs (as well as some others) and it uses principles that are commonly seen operating in our world. Efficacy would seem to depend on the practitioner of the “exquisite art” and the patient, combined. I appreciate the good Dr’s sound reliance on things that do work in the materialistic scientific world, and also layers on a consciousness based approach, too.

The payoff for me is ancillary to the interesting medical story. While this book deals with specific medical practitioner techniques, it essentially examines highly refined communication techniques between people sharing a goal, managing transformations, etc. There is so much here that rhymes and vibes with flow state, intention, and visualization. In my work, I deal with transforming professionals from one level in their specific, technology based careers to something where they morph toward a higher performance level. I’m a practitioner and coach of sorts. I think there is a lot of utility in what this book reveals, that can be used to help people in other areas, in addition to the doctor patient relationship.

I recommend the book to anyone interested in the podcast. Especially, if they are in the medical field or in a specific field where one may be in a position to be guiding or coaching people through transformative times in their careers or endeavors. It is likely also useful for those of us who have kids or may be caregivers. As mentioned previously, some of the basics can be broken down into concepts of highly refined communication principles. It gets more interesting than that too.

Last edited:
Well, I just finished Dr. Steve Bierman’s book and it was a very good read in my opinion. It was not squarely in my wheel house but I’m really glad I read it.

One of the questions Alex asked at the end of the episode was.. what do we make of all this - IOW is this possible?

I’m not entirely convinced this is a commodity 1+1=2 procedure, so to speak. Not just anyone can effect this sort of result, on just anyone. But I am fairly convinced this is a viable technique he employs (as well as some others) and it uses principles that are commonly seen operating in our world. Efficacy would seem to depend on the practitioner of the “exquisite art” and the patient, combined. I appreciate the good Dr’s sound reliance on things that do work in the materialistic scientific world, and also layers on a consciousness based approach, too.

The payoff for me is ancillary to the interesting medical story. While this book deals with specific medical practitioner techniques, it essentially examines highly refined communication techniques between people sharing a goal, managing transformations, etc. There is so much here that rhymes and vibes with flow state, intention, and visualization. In my work, I deal with transforming professionals from one level in their specific, technology based careers to something where they morph toward a higher performance level. I’m a practitioner and coach of sorts. I think there is a lot of utility in what this book reveals, that can be used to help people in other areas, in addition to the doctor patient relationship.

I recommend the book to anyone interested in the podcast. Especially, if they are in the medical field or in a specific field where one may be in a position to be guiding or coaching people through transformative times in their careers or endeavors. It is likely also useful for those of us who have kids or may be caregivers. As mentioned previously, some of the basics can be broken down into concepts of highly refined communication principles. It gets more interesting than that too.
Nice. Steve is obviously very good at what he does but I would suggest that he's revealing something more (and by the way this is where his research is heading). He's proposing that our naturally rapport-building consciousness is more porous then we normally imagine. We are constantly NLP-ing each other whether we like it or not.

Jason Breshears said he was on with Highersidechats recently. I’ll post that link when it comes out. Jason is probably the most knowledgeable proponent of Sim Theory on YouTube. Incredibly intelligent and talented at presenting info. If you remember the show Ancient Aliens, Breshears presents info in a very similar entertainment fashion and he can freestyle it for hours at a time drawing on an unbelievable database. I highly recommend checking him out.
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podca...haix-paradigm-the/id419458838?i=1000582194370
Episode posted just now.
Edit/Add: Not gonna wanna miss this. I'm 20min in and it's hot!

Last edited:
Back