Steven Fry's rant on God

Wait wait wait, so theoretically, you're saying as we make Earth better, we're turning Heaven into a trash heap, so Heaven can't be real? Perhaps the law of opposites only applies in the physical realm. From what I've read, this may be why people incarnate here in the first place, to experience getting to choose between suffering and pleasure.

Lol

Reactions: tim
I don't think I would venture to far from the truth by assuming Stephen Fry's hatred against abrahamic religions is sourced in the said religions aversion against homosexuals. That can be quite a motivation, since he himself is gay.

Great, so it's ok for people who want to portray themselves as intellectual role models to be cocaine addicts because they suffer from depression and bi polar disorder.

Got it.

Yes, it is ok for people to portray themselves as intellectuals to be concaine addicts. Because their use of drugs shouldn't undermine their views on something. Furthermore, there is some evidence to suggest that intelligent people are more likely to take drugs. http://www.nhs.uk/news/2011/11November/Pages/intelligent-children-illegal-drug-use.aspx.

Anyway, I'm sorry Stephen Fry seems to have offended you with his views, I guess criticism of religion must somehow be verboten for you.

Yes, it is ok for people to portray themselves as intellectuals to be concaine addicts. Because their use of drugs shouldn't undermine their views on something. Furthermore, there is some evidence to suggest that intelligent people are more likely to take drugs. http://www.nhs.uk/news/2011/11November/Pages/intelligent-children-illegal-drug-use.aspx.

Anyway, I'm sorry Stephen Fry seems to have offended you with his views, I guess criticism of religion must somehow be verboten for you.

Care to post any links on the dangers of misuse of cocaine?

Stephen Frys criticism of the Biblical God is not authentic, in one breath claiming God does not exist and in the other holding him accountable for all the evil in the world.

If God does not exist according to the intellectual supremo Mr Fry, then God can not be accountable.

But if God does exist, then even the intellectual brilliance of cocaine abuser Stephen Fry would have to admit his reasoning and understanding would be inferior to an all powerful God.

Care to post any links on the dangers of misuse of cocaine?

Stephen Frys criticism of the Biblical God is not authentic, in one breath claiming God does not exist and in the other holding him accountable for all the evil in the world.

If God does not exist according to the intellectual supremo Mr Fry, then God can not be accountable.

But if God does exist, then even the intellectual brilliance of cocaine abuser Stephen Fry would have to admit his reasoning and understanding would be inferior to an all powerful God.

I don't like Fry, either. His reasoning is naïve

I don't like Fry, either. His reasoning is naïve
I agree that his reasoning is naive. To me it tends to suggest that he hasn't bothered to look into the subject, but has chosen to close the door in advance, and then use his arguments to justify not looking. Though he's not alone in this approach, I suppose there's an element of 'safety in numbers' in this view.

In a way I wouldn't hold this against him, I take the long view, and by long I mean encompassing multiple lifetimes.

It may also be reflected in the media circles in which he moves. I notice that in quite a lot of BBC comedy programmes, the panellists let slip into the stream quite strong and dogmatic assertions of atheism. In the context of comedy, it isn't explored, just tossed into the conversation before moving on.

Last edited:
Back