Suggestion for Show?

I know I have said this before, but any one of the key scientists at the Discovery Institute would make excellent guests. For example,

Stephen Meyer,
Michael Behe,
J. Scott Turner,
Bill Dembski
James Tour See https://www.jmtour.com/ (Possibly not a member of the DI, but very much involved in arguing for ID)
Jonathon Wells See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Wells_(intelligent_design_advocate)

Really anyone that the Discovery Institute recommends to cover the science of this issue.

To me, the evidence for Intelligent Design is extremely compelling and it is basically saying that Darwinian Evolution by natural selection cannot work, and above all, cannot explain the origin of life on Earth or elsewhere (if life didn't start here, it has to have started somewhere). Darwin could not know it at the time, but the nature of DNA and genes really precludes evolution in this way.

Now think what this issue means for Skeptiko. It means that all life - including us - could not have got here by random processes. Some entity/entities (spirits if you like) had to have designed the whole biochemical engine that runs on earth! Science has been quietly hiding this bombshell for too long - ever since the Wistar Simposium in 1955:

http://www.creationwiki.org/Wistar_Institute_Symposium_(1966)

The big potential problem is that some of them - Notably James Tour - are fanatical Christians, and you(Alex) may have to negotiate with whoever you get about what is or is not to be discussed, but it would certainly be worth it!

David

Last edited:
sure... but I doubt any of these folks are going to want to engage (i.e. take any tough) questions. are these folks sage-on-the-stage types?

Kramer does the "sage on stage" circuit, but is more salty and honest than most of those types.

I bought his books and listened to his podcasts for many years. He will not flee and obfuscate like most pillow-sitters. He will engage.

I second Front243's recommendation of him as a guest. I have contacted him via his web-form. He does answer...

https://neilkramer.com/contact/

Kramer does the "sage on stage" circuit, but is more salty and honest than most of those types.

I bought his books and listened to his podcasts for many years. He will not flee and obfuscate like most pillow-sitters. He will engage.

I second Front243's recommendation of him as a guest. I have contacted him via his web-form. He does answer...

https://neilkramer.com/contact/
he looks interesting... I'm happy to do if anyone wants to reach out to him... and give him fair warning :)

I know I have said this before, but any one of the key scientists at the Discovery Institute would make excellent guests. For example,

Stephen Meyer,
Michael Behe,
J. Scott Turner,
Bill Dembski
James Tour See https://www.jmtour.com/ (Possibly not a member of the DI, but very much involved in arguing for ID)
Jonathon Wells See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Wells_(intelligent_design_advocate)

Really anyone that the Discovery Institute recommends to cover the science of this issue.

To me, the evidence for Intelligent Design is extremely compelling and it is basically saying that Darwinian Evolution by natural selection cannot work, and above all, cannot explain the origin of life on Earth or elsewhere (if life didn't start here, it has to have started somewhere). Darwin could not know it at the time, but the nature of DNA and genes really precludes evolution in this way.

Now think what this issue means for Skeptiko. It means that all life - including us - could not have got here by random processes. Some entity/entities (spirits if you like) had to have designed the whole biochemical engine that runs on earth! Science has been quietly hiding this bombshell for too long - ever since the Wistar Simposium in 1955:

http://www.creationwiki.org/Wistar_Institute_Symposium_(1966)

The big potential problem is that some of them - Notably James Tour - are fanatical Christians, and you(Alex) may have to negotiate with whoever you get about what is or is not to be discussed, but it would certainly be worth it!

David
hey david... of course this is a conversation I'd love to have... but it seems to be impossible to accomplish with christians... IE how can you be smart / brave enough to cut through the neo-darwinism b******* and still hold on to the wacky christian cosmology

Neil Kramer. He is always fun to listen to and very insightful as well.

Recent podcast interview: Veritas – Heavenly Fires & Strong Delusions – neilkramer.com

Thank you for the heads-up Front243. I'm listening to this right now while I clean the mountains of limbs out of my yard from our Texas ice storm.

I'm only about 20 minutes in. I'd forgotten how much I like Kramer. His description of Evil recently "uncloaking" is neat. His description of the different realities is great. I think I'm in number 3. :)

Thanks man!

Thank you for the heads-up Front243. I'm listening to this right now while I clean the mountains of limbs out of my yard from our Texas ice storm.

Try listening to his roamcasts on his website as well. I just listened to the latest episode with rants of several topics which are very much discussed on this forum.

Try listening to his roamcasts on his website as well.

I quit listening to Neil's Roamcast four years ago because he stopped publishing new ones.

In this Veritas interview Neil said Roamcast 27 gives his broad over-view on The Problem of Evil.

I didn't have a pen while out working, so I used blood from getting stabbed by a limb to make a reminder to download that episode. :)

Downloading now. Thanks again!

wPYbp2k.jpg

hey david... of course this is a conversation I'd love to have... but it seems to be impossible to accomplish with christians... IE how can you be smart / brave enough to cut through the neo-darwinism b******* and still hold on to the wacky christian cosmology
I am sure there are all sorts of pressures on them - and they certainly don't want to rock the boat with their own supporters just as they are doing so well.

I'd advise picking someone like Stephen Meyer, or J. Scott Turner who seem happy to sustain an argument about Darwinism and ID without veering off into Christianity. Nevertheless I'd clear that with them in advance. Alternatively you could try for David Berlinski, who describes himself as an atheist Jew, but I don't know that he is as good on details.

The evidence is really all about the fact that Darwin's theory - or anything remotely like it - is dead. If someone could think of another way in which such specific information could be provided without an intelligence, then the thing would be open to doubt, but really I think it is certain that some entity or entities designed us! Of course, they just assume that entity is Yaweh in the singular.

David

I want to suggest Tom Montalk of montalk.net.

Tom have been making his site for some 20 years and I think its one of the oldest current sites about "alternative thought".
Tom is also an abductee and occasionally writes for an abductee journal.

An abductee huh? What's his proof? Any cell phone shots of inside the UFO or the Aliens? A group picture maybe? That's what I want to see cell phone camera shots of all these claims in our modern era , or is it now the Aliens have stopped taken us up for visits and examinations. They had enough maybe ??? :) Maybe penis envy???

May I suggest a show where you cover the incredible work of Nikola Tesla and the potential of the Wardenclyffe Tower? He sadly never gets any recognition, even though he has contributed more to modern society than perhaps anyone ever.
That would be great. I believe he was a great believer in all things paranormal . You need more real life paranormal stuff on this site.

An abductee huh? What's his proof? Any cell phone shots of inside the UFO or the Aliens? A group picture maybe? That's what I want to see cell phone camera shots of all these claims in our modern era , or is it now the Aliens have stopped taken us up for visits and examinations. They had enough maybe ??? :) Maybe penis envy???

What's Whitley Striebers proof? He have been a visitor on Skeptiko. Are you suggesting John Mack was tricked to believing people were traumatised?

Maybe! its possible I would say and said .. but in the long run show me the money baby!!! where's the real proof?

Back