The Donald Trump Thread

I wasn't having a go at you Doppelgänger, I just wanted to push back a bit. There was a big thread about climate change a few years ago where someone was accused of Trolling when he was in fact a highly qualified physicist. I've noticed it being used when the people with a different viewpoint are getting defensive.

I really have to go to work, but yeah, I was not talking about that incident. The one I'm talking about was only months ago, not years. :)

Peace.

Interesting you say that. There are some who think Trump is a blessing in disguise, in that he has shaken liberals out of their complacency and arrogance, and about damn time if I'm honest.

I've written a few posts with this in mind. The response of the left or liberals has really opened my eyes, as a few months ago I would have considered myself fitting quite nicely as one of their clan. Now, I realise I'm not. It's interesting that two close friends that I've asked "Where do you see me on the political scale" gave very different answers. One thinks I am a member of the loony left, the other not left at all.

I am not so much interested in the liberals being shaken as I am in seeing the federal government cut back, put under control of the voters, and returned to public service rather than bureaucratic tyranny.

The problem is that most government employees vote democratic because the democrats are the party of big government and that gives bureaucrats job security. But because of their political philosophy some of them also use their position of power in the government to pursue political goals and persecute tax payers rather than doing their job in a non partisan manner. This is part of what is called the "deep state" and it is very hard to get back under control of elected leaders.

Part of the problem is civil service laws that protect government employees from being fired. Their purpose was to prevent a newly elected president from firing everyone and hiring his friends in order to pay off supporters and help use government agencies for political purposes. Unfortunately the civil service laws are now an obstacle and not a safeguard. One way to weaken the deep state is to cut the budget and payroll. If you can't fire employees for abusing their position of power, the next best thing is to lay them off when you cut the budget. A smaller government is a weaker government.

Many Trump voters think we have too much government and they want less of it.

Last edited:
[QUOTE="Steve, post: 105726, member: 42"Has there ever been a more divisive figure as President?[/QUOTE]

I'd have to go back to my history books but the obvious answer - Lincoln - was given.

To me the more interesting question is the state of the world in 2020 than the present. POTUS elections...I suspect more and more they have little relevancy in long term but I could be wrong - maybe it's just that we now live in a time where I suspect the proudest people in 2016 will be those who can say they didn't vote or voted 3rd party. Still....

The Blockchain Matters More than the President

Still, every new technology, even revolutionary ones like railroads or flight, must enter our lives through real-time market experience, with all its trials and errors, failures and success, legit companies and frauds, along with investors who get burned and those who make it big.

That’s what captures the headlines. What doesn’t grab attention is the deeper implications of the technology driving Bitcoin: in time, it could fundamentally alter the relationship between the citizen and the State, not just at home but all over the world.

And, of course, the battle against mechanistic-materialism goes on no matter who sits in the Oval Office. ;)

While we're posting here, Donald Trump has just become the 45th POTUS.

It happened. Everyone were waiting for it, either with happiness and enthusiasm or with fear and anger; yet, no matter what each one feels, it has actually happened.

We're seeing history in making before our very eyes - since, whether Donald will turn to be a living force for good or for bad, he will almost definitely bring some change.

And if he won't... Well, when too many people will be too frustrated with the outcome and full-blown uprising, probably even insurrection, is highly expectable.

So, Trump has to perform something notable and positive. Or he will get it the hard way, and all elites with him.

I'll leave you now to reflect on the events, my fellow history-watchers. :eek:

And, of course, the battle against mechanistic-materialism goes on no matter who sits in the Oval Office. ;)
keep-calm-resistance-is-futile-7.png

While we're posting here, Donald Trump has just become the 45th POTUS.
I'll leave you now to reflect on the events, my fellow history-watchers. :eek:
Following Bush the 2nd, I was optimistic with the election of Obama. He didn't jail the bankers, locked up more whistle blowers than all previous presidents, and supported drone assassinations of thousands.

With Trump, an establishment narcissistic pathological liar, my one hope is that his backers are not CIA and he will somehow reduce that monstrosity. Perhaps some small percentage of Americans will become newly offended by the cult of obscene greed and will foster greater compassion.

I suspect his policies will continue to enrich the 1% and accelerate the American police state.

I've written a few posts with this in mind. The response of the left or liberals has really opened my eyes, as a few months ago I would have considered myself fitting quite nicely as one of their clan. Now, I realise I'm not. It's interesting that two close friends that I've asked "Where do you see me on the political scale" gave very different answers. One thinks I am a member of the loony left, the other not left at all.

Honestly Steve, I think it is impossible to think of the traditional 'left and right' anymore, there is only truth and lies, and everything in between. And, as far as god having anything to do with this insane state of affairs, I think he has gone out for a smoke.... Hopefully he will be back soon :)

We'll see. I have mixed feelings about it too.

http://dailysignal.com/2017/01/20/read-the-full-text-of-president-trumps-inauguration-speech/

For too long, a small group in our nation’s capital has reaped the rewards of government while the people have bore the cost. Washington flourished, but the people did not share in its wealth. Politicians prospered but the jobs left and the factories closed.

The establishment protected itself, but not the citizens of our country. Their victories have not been your victories. Their triumphs have not been your triumphs. And while they celebrated in our nation’s capital, there was little to celebrate for struggling families all across our land.
Trump said this during his inauguration speech attended by past presidents and currrent congress who are part of the small group who reaped the rewards of government that he is referring to. Good for him. And after the speech everyone was smiling and shaking hands and patting each other on the back like they didn't even hear what he said.

Last edited:
Donald Trump Preaches Angry Nationalism, While Practicing Goldman Sachs Capitalism

It’s hard to argue with Trump’s assessment that “the establishment protected itself, but not the citizens of our country. Their victories have not been your victories; their triumphs have not been your triumphs.”

But that establishment will be in full force in the Trump administration. The megabank Goldman Sachs, famously close to Trump’s opponents in the Democratic Party, has six alumni posed for key posts in his administration, including his treasury secretary nominee Steve Mnuchin.

Trump spoke of “mothers and children trapped in poverty in our inner cities; rusted-out factories scattered like tombstones across the landscape of our nation,” but Mnuchin built a fortune off of helming banks that misled borrowers and foreclosed on their homes.

One of Trump and Mnuchin’s few explicit policy priorities is to slash taxes for corporations that have stashed money overseas, so that they will repatriate their profits to the United States. On the surface, this is to encourage businesses to invest in American jobs. But corporations are already telling their investors that they’d rather use this windfall to increase dividends and mergers, not hire more Americans.

The president also complained that the United States has “subsidized the armies of other countries,” but his nominee for Secretary of State, former Exxon CEO Rex Tillerson, wants to continue to help Saudi Arabia bomb the impoverished nation of Yemen.

“When you open your heart to patriotism, there is no room for prejudice,” the president told the millions who tuned into his remarks. But that isn’t the point of view of his CIA nominee, Mike Pompeo, who has depicted the war on terror as a struggle between Islam and Christianity, or his national security adviser Mike Flynn, who has referred to Islamism as a “cancer” in the body of the world’s Muslims.

Americans do in fact want “great schools for their children,” as Trump advised, but his nominee to lead the Department of Education, Betsy DeVos, hasn’t spent a day working in a public school. Instead, she’s an heiress who inherited billions through marriage and inheritance while waiving away Bernie Sanders’s plan for tuition-free public college for all by invoking the proverb that “nothing in life is free.”

Trump was correct when he said that “for too long, a small group in our Nation’s Capital has reaped the rewards of government while the people have borne the cost. Washington flourished – but the people did not share in its wealth.”

But he cannot ameliorate that problem while tapping Washington’s elite for jobs. His nominee for secretary of transportation, Elaine Chao, is the wife of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell — and as a former Wells Fargo board member, she will receive a golden parachute of up to $5 million from the bank if she is confirmed.

Trump said this during his inauguration speech attended by past presidents and currrent congress who are part of the small group who reaped the rewards of government that he is referring to. Good for him. And after the speech everyone was smiling and shaking hands and patting each other on the back like they didn't even hear what he said.

I think their true, unspoken, feelings were more along these lines...

YTkzGep.jpg

Like Trump hasn't benefitted from legislation? How about the law that allows real estate developers offset their taxes by up to one billion in losses? Anybody who believes that Trump has an ounce of sincerity is a naive fool.

People didn't vote for trump because they think he is sincere, they voted for him because they are tired of being called fools, racists, Nazis, bitter clingers, and deplorables.

Insults directed to conservatives are what won the primary for Trump because he is the only one who fights back. If you don't like Trump, you should stop insulting his supporters and try to work toward mutual understanding and comprimise to find solutions instead of demonizing and marginalizing people who have different opinions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Red
People didn't vote for trump because they think he is sincere, they voted for him because they are tired of being called fools, racists, bitter clingers, and deplorables.

Well ...... I hope they also voted for him because they did not fancy a war with Russia over the US support for Syrian terrorists (aka moderate fighters for democracy!), and they were sick of having no jobs other than serving hamburgers, and they were sick of paying over the odds for 'green' electricity while China soaked up their manufacturing jobs by using coal powered electricity, and maybe some of the many women who voted for him were sick of their kids being introduced to concepts like trans-gender, or homosexuality while still in school, and even before they had reached puberty!

The phrase "bitter clingers" is new to me!

David

Back