The Donald Trump Thread

Jan 29 2017
STATEMENT BY SENATORS McCAIN & GRAHAM ON EXECUTIVE ORDER ON IMMIGRATION
Washington, D.C. – U.S. Senators John McCain (R-AZ) and Lindsey Graham (R-SC) released the following statement today on the President’s executive order on immigration:

“Our government has a responsibility to defend our borders, but we must do so in a way that makes us safer and upholds all that is decent and exceptional about our nation.

“It is clear from the confusion at our airports across the nation that President Trump’s executive order was not properly vetted. We are particularly concerned by reports that this order went into effect with little to no consultation with the Departments of State, Defense, Justice, and Homeland Security.

“Such a hasty process risks harmful results. We should not stop green-card holders from returning to the country they call home. We should not stop those who have served as interpreters for our military and diplomats from seeking refuge in the country they risked their lives to help. And we should not turn our backs on those refugees who have been shown through extensive vetting to pose no demonstrable threat to our nation, and who have suffered unspeakable horrors, most of them women and children.

“Ultimately, we fear this executive order will become a self-inflicted wound in the fight against terrorism. At this very moment, American troops are fighting side-by-side with our Iraqi partners to defeat ISIL. But this executive order bans Iraqi pilots from coming to military bases in Arizona to fight our common enemies. Our most important allies in the fight against ISIL are the vast majority of Muslims who reject its apocalyptic ideology of hatred. This executive order sends a signal, intended or not, that America does not want Muslims coming into our country. That is why we fear this executive order may do more to help terrorist recruitment than improve our security.”

I'm glad to see Graham and McCain still have some resemblance of balls.

I want to know how far up your arse will Trump's dick have to be before you realise he's fucking you and America?
If you had said that to anyone else, you would be temporarily banned by now - please mind your language.

I don't find any of the media ideal right now, but Fox News seems to recognise why Donald Trump came to power, and what he is trying to do. Most of the other new outlets don't want to do that - they just want to campaign.

David

If you had said that to anyone else, you would be temporarily banned by now - please mind your language.

The President of the United States said:
I did try and fuck her. She was married...I moved on her like a bitch. But I couldn’t get there. And she was married. Then all of a sudden I see her, she’s now got the big phony tits and everything...Grab ’em by the pussy. You can do anything

Fox News seems to recognise why Donald Trump came to power, and what he is trying to do.

Impose fascism, because that is basically what he's doing. Whether he's actually a fascist I don't know, but he's clearly in thrall to other, far more intelligent people, he's a prop for people who actually know what they're doing. The power is behind the throne.

IMost of the other new outlets don't want to do that - they just want to campaign.

David

Nonsense, they're holding him to account, as they should. He has shown himself in every way to be utterly unqualified, ignorant, uninformed and dangerous, and I'm sorry if you're upset that the media is doing its job of being a check on state power, but the truth is Trump is awful.

This is a very dangerous idea. I don't even want to talk about it any more.

Hell, we're pretty much screwed at this point Chuck, at least until the world comes to its senses. "Liberals" want to hate white people & Christians, "Conservatives" want to hate everyone not in those groups, and "our" two parties are just sell outs to special interests and ideological extremists - and thus 2016 saw two candidates who should never be PotUS rise...and of course one of them had to be elected..

People believe in free speech and free thought but only selectively, in general it seems principles are not things to adhere to but only coats to be worn until one's own side comes into power again.

Round the three actors in any event
Is always standing an invisible audience of four,
The double twins, the fallen natures of man.
On the Left they remember difficult childhoods,
On the Right they have forgotten why they were so happy,
Above sit the best decisive people,
Below they must kneel all day so as not to be governed.

Four voices just audible in the hush of any Christmas:

Accept my friendship or die.
I shall keep order and not very much will happen.
Bring me luck and of course I’ll support you.
I smell blood and an era of prominent madmen.
But the three hear nothing and are blind even to the landscape
With its towns and rivers and pretty pieces of nonsense.
He, All Father, repenting their animal nights,
Cries: Why did She have to be tortured?
Once more a virgin, She whispers: The future shall never suffer.
And the new life awkwardly touches its home, beginning to fumble
About it the Truth for the most successful way
Which will always appear to end in some dreadful defeat.
-“Blessed Event,” W. H. Auden

I've been lurking on this forum for years, and I've decided to finally post something.

I was very disappointed that Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump were the two presidential nominees. I thought they'd both be awful (though Trump worse), and I felt Americans should be disgusted that these two made it so far.

After two weeks, Trump has been an absolute disaster. Even worse than I thought he'd be.

This immigration ban is so ridiculous:

CrqcLZ5WgAADF3B.jpg:medium

Perhaps it's time to ban Americans from America to protect Americans...

I've been lurking on this forum for years, and I've decided to finally post something.

I was very disappointed that Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump were the two presidential nominees. I thought they'd both be awful (though Trump worse), and I felt Americans should be disgusted that these two made it so far.

After two weeks, Trump has been an absolute disaster. Even worse than I thought he'd be.

This immigration ban is so ridiculous:

CrqcLZ5WgAADF3B.jpg:medium

Perhaps it's time to ban Americans from America to protect Americans...

Lol, fake news, beta cuck MAGA hahahaha LOL.

On a more serious note, your message needs repeating. Despite the fact that you have more chance of being killed getting out of the bath than being killed by a terrorist. The hysteria about terrorism is completely ludicrous. It doesn't mean one shouldn't be cautious and vigilant, nor that the government shouldn't have a right to bar dangerous individuals, but this approach is like taking a nuclear bomb to a candle.

I think that table is humorous, but not very fair. If you let people into your country when you know that a proportion of them want nothing better than to kill the maximum number of people possible, you are asking for trouble. The US has had 9/11 (unless you discount it as being a CIA job), well over 100 people were killed in France in one incident, and yet more were killed by a lorry deliberately driven into a crowd etc etc. When these people fight in their own countries, they fight with car bombs in market places.

Even if you add all those deaths together I accept you don't reach the level of American on American shootings, but those people want to kill as many as possible, and sooner or later they will find a way.

I think we should take a step backwards in time, to a time when people asked to live in another country and could be refused. Large numbers of people moving country is massively destabilising, partly because it facilitates crime, and provides pools of labour that will work for extremely low wages. Somewhere I read that there are severe penalties for trying to enter Mexico without permission!

One thing you forget, is that Trump is also proposing to stop interfering in other countries, and it was undoubtedly US interference in Syria that started that conflict off. I think the aim should be a world where people can stay in their own countries at peace. Trump can achieve far more good for far more people than can ever be achieved by letting anyone with enough money to make the trip, become an American.

David

Last edited:
I think that table is humorous, but not very fair. If you let people into your country when you know that a proportion of them want nothing better than to kill the maximum number of people possible, you are asking for trouble. The US has had 9/11 (unless you discount it as being a CIA job), well over 100 people were killed in France in one incident, and yet more were killed by a lorry deliberately driven into a crowd etc etc. When these people fight in their own countries, they fight with car bombs in market places.

Even if you add all those deaths together I accept you don't reach the level of American on American shootings, but those people want to kill as many as possible, and sooner or later they will find a way.
Then why did the list of countries exclude Egypt, Turkey, and Saudi Arabia (where most of the 9/11 conspirators came from, and also being an egregious violator of human rights)? As well as countries like India and Pakistan that have very large populations of Muslims?

And equating all of "these people" to terrorists or extremists is wrong; the extremists are such a minute portion of the population. You know what is genuinely worrisome? A generation of Muslims who have been mocked and vilified. He's simply giving the extremists more ammunition.

This video warms my heart: https://twitter.com/YousefMunayyer/status/825549184883372032

That is an example of what makes America great. Not this nonsense Trump can't seem to filter from his evidently tiny brain to his unfortunately large mouth.

Regarding your last point about Trump, if he indeed said that, we can both hope that it happens, but I have my doubts.

"Liberals" want to hate white people
Yes, that does seem to be the case sometimes - or is it that they hate poor white people (sometimes referred to as deplorables).
Then why did the list of countries exclude Egypt, Turkey, and Saudi Arabia (where most of the 9/11 conspirators came from, and also being an egregious violator of human rights)? As well as countries like India and Pakistan that have very large populations of Muslims?
Well there are suggestions that the ban should extend to some/all of those countries.
And equating all of "these people" to terrorists or extremists is wrong; the extremists are such a minute portion of the population. You know what is genuinely worrisome? A generation of Muslims who have been mocked and vilified. He's simply giving the extremists more ammunition.

That is an example of what makes America great. Not this nonsense Trump can't seem to filter from his evidently tiny brain to his unfortunately large mouth.

Regarding your last point about Trump, if he indeed said that, we can both hope that it happens, but I have my doubts.

America will be a lot greater if it can really stop creating trouble all over the globe. Remember that Obama was in power when the US started arming terrorists (a.k.a moderate fighters) in Syria - his administration is probably responsible for the entire catastrophe.

When WW2 broke out, the UK detained all Germans that happened to be in our country for the duration of the war.

Part of the problem here, is that people don't recognise that we aren't in a completely peacetime situation. Remember that most of these people are not refugees - they are people who chose to immigrate, and some of them hate us enough to run trucks through families watching fireworks. Even if you would be willing to contemplate this happen to those you love, don't forget that a few incidents like that could ignite civil strife on a horrible scale.

David

Yes, that does seem to be the case sometimes - or is it that they hate poor white people (sometimes referred to as deplorables).

None of the people who could qualify as "poor white people" that I know voted for Trump nor would they fall under the description of deplorable that Hilary specified.

=-=-=

"All the conventions conspire
To make this fort assume
The furniture of home;
Lest we should see where we are,
Lost in a haunted wood,
Children afraid of the night
Who have never been happy or good."

Full poem:

SEPTEMBER 1, 1939
by W.H. Auden

I sit in one of the dives
On Fifty-second Street
Uncertain and afraid
As the clever hopes expire
Of a low dishonest decade:
Waves of anger and fear
Circulate over the bright
And darkened lands of the earth,
Obsessing our private lives;
The unmentionable odour of death
Offends the September night.

Accurate scholarship can
Unearth the whole offence
From Luther until now
That has driven a culture mad,
Find what occurred at Linz,
What huge imago made
A psychopathic god:
I and the public know
What all schoolchildren learn,
Those to whom evil is done
Do evil in return.

Exiled Thucydides knew
All that a speech can say
About Democracy,
And what dictators do,
The elderly rubbish they talk
To an apathetic grave;
Analysed all in his book,
The enlightenment driven away,
The habit-forming pain,
Mismanagement and grief:
We must suffer them all again.

Into this neutral air
Where blind skyscrapers use
Their full height to proclaim
The strength of Collective Man,
Each language pours its vain
Competitive excuse:
But who can live for long
In an euphoric dream;
Out of the mirror they stare,
Imperialism's face
And the international wrong.

Faces along the bar
Cling to their average day:
The lights must never go out,
The music must always play,
All the conventions conspire
To make this fort assume
The furniture of home;
Lest we should see where we are,
Lost in a haunted wood,
Children afraid of the night
Who have never been happy or good.

The windiest militant trash
Important Persons shout
Is not so crude as our wish:
What mad Nijinsky wrote
About Diaghilev
Is true of the normal heart;
For the error bred in the bone
Of each woman and each man
Craves what it cannot have,
Not universal love
But to be loved alone.

From the conservative dark
Into the ethical life
The dense commuters come,
Repeating their morning vow;
'I will be true to the wife,
I'll concentrate more on my work,'
And helpless governors wake
To resume their compulsory game:
Who can release them now,
Who can reach the dead,
Who can speak for the dumb?

All I have is a voice
To undo the folded lie,
The romantic lie in the brain
Of the sensual man-in-the-street
And the lie of Authority
Whose buildings grope the sky:
There is no such thing as the State
And no one exists alone;
Hunger allows no choice
To the citizen or the police;
We must love one another or die.

Defenseless under the night
Our world in stupor lies;
Yet, dotted everywhere,
Ironic points of light
Flash out wherever the Just
Exchange their messages:
May I, composed like them
Of Eros and of dust,
Beleaguered by the same
Negation and despair,
Show an affirming flame.

Well there are suggestions that the ban should extend to some/all of those countries.

America will be a lot greater if it can really stop creating trouble all over the globe. Remember that Obama was in power when the US started arming terrorists (a.k.a moderate fighters) in Syria - his administration is probably responsible for the entire catastrophe.

When WW2 broke out, the UK detained all Germans that happened to be in our country for the duration of the war.

Part of the problem here, is that people don't recognise that we aren't in a completely peacetime situation. Remember that most of these people are not refugees - they are people who chose to immigrate, and some of them hate us enough to run trucks through families watching fireworks. Even if you would be willing to contemplate this happen to those you love, don't forget that a few incidents like that could ignite civil strife on a horrible scale.

David
Ok. Set aside your thoughts and conceptions of Obama, Hillary, the liberal elite and the mainstream media... Are you still convinced that Trump is mentally and emotionally equiped for this job?

Ok. Set aside your thoughts and conceptions of Obama, Hillary, the liberal elite and the mainstream media... Are you still convinced that Trump is mentally and emotionally equiped for this job?

We all love Big Brother. ;)

On a more serious note, your message needs repeating. Despite the fact that you have more chance of being killed getting out of the bath than being killed by a terrorist. The hysteria about terrorism is completely ludicrous. It doesn't mean one shouldn't be cautious and vigilant, nor that the government shouldn't have a right to bar dangerous individuals, but this approach is like taking a nuclear bomb to a candle.

Roberta brought this up a few pages back...but to be honest I don't think is really a fair argument as the probability doesn't consider - as David points out - how many people could ultimately be killed if a terrorist is bold enough - or really just lucky enough. Each attack inspires bolder attempts. Additionally, even if the probability of being killed by a drunk driver was low I would still expect the law to regulate the problem - same with terrorism as there is no need to compound the probability of death.

That said, I think Trump's clumsy attempts to deal with the problem aren't going to solve much of anything and will likely make things worse.

None of the people who could qualify as "poor white people" that I know voted for Trump nor would they fall under the description of deplorable that Hilary specified.

Well surely you have to ask yourself who it was who voted for Donald Trump in sufficient numbers to win him the presidency (yes I know there is a quibble about the EC etc). This is what I think a lot of people in the media and others seem to totally discount. They seem to be saying,

"Yes we live in a democracy, but we should fight like hell against a newly elected president for doing exactly what he promised!"

This seems very close to saying that there is a class of Americans whose views should not count.

The reason why I view Fox News a lot at the moment, is that they seem to understand that democracy actually means something - it means giving an elected president a decent crack of the whip, unless he/she suddenly switches to a totally different set of policies after being elected. Fox news offers some interesting perspectives - for example, here is one Muslim woman's view about the ban.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5301925722001/?#sp=show-clips

Let's assume for the sake of argument that 9/11 happened roughly as in the official account. If those people had not been permitted to come to the US, 9/11 would not have happened, meaning that in all probability the second war on Iraq would not have happened, and years of bloodshed in the Middle East would have been avoided. Carelessly letting people into a country, knowing that some intend extreme harm, can ultimately trigger awful consequences. I think ordinary Americans got that and voted the way they did.

David

Last edited:
Back